The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old August 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
Before new games are released, you have an option to pre-order them online. When you pre-order video games, they'll be delivered right to your house on the release day. You may also pick them up from the store by showing your receipt, but that's completely up to you! So, do you like to pre-order games, or do you like to buy them directly? If you like pre-ordering, then how often do you pre-order? What was the last game that you've pre-ordered?

Old August 21st, 2013, 05:02 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy

Nature: Mild
I usually only preorder when it bring some worthwhile extras (ex. Tales of Xilla Collector's Edition) but other than that, it's usually try Gamestop the day after release and hope they have some in stock.

Last edited by thedestinedblade; August 21st, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Keizaal
but innocence is gone

Nature: Bold
I usually don't pre-order games, usually because I don't have the money at the time. I like to save the money until release day and buy it then.

And hopelessness is sinking in
And the wolves all cry
To fill the night with hollering

credit
Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:29 AM
Wobbu
Wobbuffet tho

Nature: Relaxed
I rarely pre-order games. The only reason why I would pre-order a game would be if it came with extra content that I would actually use, like bonus content in the game or a coupon for another game I want to get. Posters and figures never really amused me. I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered a game considering it's been quite a long time...
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:15 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Nature: Jolly
I've always bought them directly unless there is some sort of bonus or opportunity with pre-ordering them. If it's a game like FIFA which I know is gonna be pretty much the same with no major changes or anything, I will safely pre-order. However, if it's a new game or a game I'm unsure about, I will wait 'till I see some gameplay footage around a week after release.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:20 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I will only pre order if there is a bonus or if it will sell out fast.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:42 AM
Mr. X
Oops

Nature: Quiet
I haven't preordered anything, although I'm considering preordering a few things.

Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed IV have some very nice special editions.

The Hacker Project MMORPG
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:03 AM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Nature: Quiet
I'll have to echo what a few others have said in that if there's some sort of bonus including in pre-ordering, then I will, otherwise I'll just pick it up after it comes out. One of the more recent examples of that is with Pokemon White 2, which I waited until a few days after it came out to get it. Pre-ordering Pokemon X or Y gets you a free poster though, so while it isn't much, if I'm going to be paying the full price for the game anyway, I might as well get something extra out of it.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:05 AM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

I have only ever pre-ordered FFXIII and it's sequel. Before then I mostly relied on presents for new games and since then there hasn't really been anything to catch my eye!

Often I wait for a game to be out for a few weeks, to hear feedback and reviews, before purchasing.

Moderator of The RPC

PokéLINK

Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

With Pokemon games, I typically preorder, just in case some store got some extra figurines or posters, as those will be a pain to find.

With other games, I generally wait on the reviews, because most of the games I would pre-order, I already have its predecessors that I haven't gotten full use out of yet.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:45 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I often pre-order things to be on time with other gamers. I perfectly sick of coming in late game and just once I would like to engage in a multiplayer match where we're all level 1.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
I make pre-orders only a couple of times a year. I pre-order games that I absolutely don't want to miss out on, such as CoD, Battlefield, or Pokémon. Last game that I've pre-ordered was Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, which was released last year in November. Thanks to the pre-order, I was able to download an exclusive multiplayer map called Nuketown 2025. I also got a special two-sided poster, but I later gave it away to my cousin. ^^"

Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:54 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I generally pre-order games I'm really excited about, or have some special bonus. The retailer GAME offers double reward card points for pre-ordering games, so that's often an added incentive to do so.

☆ 3DS Code: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Tomodachi Life

☆ Currently playing: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokémon X and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Terabyte

I pre-order games if I'm excited for them. I've only pre-ordered twice in my life though, that being HeartGold and SoulSilver, and this past Sunday I pre-ordered Y. Most of the time, if it's a game I am really anticipating, I'll make a pre-order and typically if it comes with a pre-order bonus as well.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
I never pre-order unless there is a good incentive for doing so.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
xxkaylabby
[.:pokemon princess:.]

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to xxkaylabby Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to xxkaylabby Send a message via Skype™ to xxkaylabby
the only game i've ever pre-ordered is the last of us, and i still haven't beaten it yet because of animal crossing and work. hopefully i'll be pre ordering pokemon x/y soon!

|Pair|
|Theme|
|Tumblr|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old August 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Apple Juice
who are you

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game. For the 4th gen release of Pokemon, I arrived at Target around five in the morning waiting for the doors to open. Other than that, I can wait a little while longer once the game comes out. If I've been following it for a long time and I'm extremely interested in it, I'd consider it, but for now, there hasn't been such a case.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Amiasek

I like to pre-order games that are distributed digitaly. Mostly because I can download them before their release and I can play them on day one immediately. And nice free bonuses are always welcome. :D
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all

The only thing I pre-ordered was the limited Fire Emblem 3ds, thank god I didn't pay for the pre-order, because in the end I bought it at another store for less money.
Old August 27th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Nature: Modest
The last game I preordered was Dark Souls, because A) I was super excited for it and 2) it came with a nifty collector's edition for all preorders. Came with an art book, the soundtrack, and a poster of the world map in a nice metal case for no additional charge.

That's how preorders should be done, none of this "get the 'exclusive' on-disc day-1 DLC" bull(redacted).

Current sub-project: in the process of adding 50+ new abilities. This may take a while...
Old August 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

Nature: Relaxed
I just pre-ordered Diablo 3 for PS3, and in the past I've preordered Pokemon HeartGold as well as Black. Usually when I pre-order I have it sent to the store to pick it up, because my local Gamestop is near a plethora of restaurants to pick from to have lunch at before grabbing the game

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
New Eden
Master Spork

Nature: Modest
I haven't pre-ordered in years. I generally only will if it is on a limited run and me getting it any other time is indefinite (I missed out on getting Xenoblade new and now look at it used...)
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:10 PM
LAWSICK
anarcha-feminist

it depends usually. i remember for fallout: new vegas, that if you preordered the game you got some unique gear which was only obtainable if you reserved a copy of it. so if i can get something exclusive from preordering a game, then i usually will. otherwise, i don't mind attending a midnight release.
Old August 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I only tend to pre-order games if they're games I can't wait to get my hands on, such as Pokemon Y and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I also pre-order them in-store as opposed to online. Also, if it's a game that I want, but not enough to get immediately, but they have some sort of super cool pre-order bonus, I'll go ahead and pre-order them as well.
Old August 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Right now I have Pokemon X, Final Fantasy X/X2 HD, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD all pre-ordered at Gamestop because I let them guilt me into pre-ordering stuff. The staff at the Gamestop near me is really nice so I feel bad when they ask about pre-orders and I decline. Decided on these three games since they're under $60 apiece.

Sponsored Links