• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We'll interview your character

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
What is your full name?
Kalden. Just Kalden. It's pronounced 'Kal den', like there's a space between them.

When and where were you born?
I was born eighteen years ago, in Republic City, on Airtemple Island.

Who are/were your parents?
My mother is the great-granddaughter of Avatar Aang and my father works for the government. You know, boring stuff. Not saying the stuff he does doesn't matter, but -I- just couldn't care less about it. That said, I still respect my parents. My mother and the rest of my family taught me everything I know about airbending!

Do you have any family other than your parents?
*He lets out a laugh* Do I? Airtemple Island is pretty much just full of my family alone, plus some acolytes and whatnot. Let's see... there's my parents, my mother's siblings, -their- kids, my grandmother, my -grandmother's- siblings... well, there's alot of us around! Definitely wasn't boring growing up there. Or well... it kind of was. But not in terms of having someone to play with!

Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
Well... I was born about the same time as Avatar Korra died, so when I turned five, I was brought to this... 'Avatar Training Camp', along with like, thirty other kids, for us to train with the teachers there for about a year, to find out which of us would be the Avatar. I was only five, so I don't remember alot from back then, but... it was fun, and interesting. Suffice to say, I wasn't the Avatar, but eh, I don't mind that much. I like my airbending, I don't really need the pressure of being the world's saviour and all that. Plus, I've got my Pro Bending matches to take care of!

Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
I only just moved into Republic City. I felt like it was time for me to get out of the hair of my parents and everybody else on the island. I do visit them every so often, train with them and the like, but I mainly live in an appartment on the harbor. Cheap, not that amazing, but it's home!

What do you do for a living?
I do Pro Bending! Oh, uh... if you didn't know, Pro Bending is a sport in Republic City. Three people on each team use their bending only, to try and knock the other team back, or even off the platform they're on, suspended above water. You're forced to get into shape, think on your feet and roll with the punches, if you wanna be good at Pro Bending. And my team, we're some of the best in all of Republic City. *He gives a grin and moves his arms behind his head* ... It doesn't pay anything though, unless you'd win the tournament. So I have a part-time job at a restaurant near the park to make money for the rent and... well, food.

Do you have any special abilities?
I'm an airbender, if you hadn't figured that out already, hahah! I'm able to control wind, basically, just like how there are those who can control earth, water, fire and even metal.

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
I'm, uh, pretty tall for my age. At least, that's what people tell me. I'm pretty lean, I'm an airbender. My hair's black, and I like having it in a ponytail at the back of my head. I've got brown eyes.
I don't like dressing like a 'traditional' airbender, if that makes sense. So I've modified my outfit a little, made it more... modern. I'm not really into fashion, but there's no reason to look like a monk when you're a Pro Bender, right? Gotta keep up your appearance!

To which social class do you belong?
Uhm, I guess that'd be the middle class? Lower middle, if you think of my income? Eh, not that important to me, as long as I get something to eat and I can focus on my bending.

Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
Not really! My mother's always told me I was a healthy kid, it takes alot to knock me out. Figuratively and literally, hahah!

What does your voice sound like?
Well, as far as I know... hrmh, mi mi miii. Hello? Hello? Yeah, I'd say it's... not really that deep, but not 'squeaky' or light.

What do you have in your pockets?
Erh... let's see... I've got... a couple of yuans, a half-eaten chocolate-and-nuts-snack... and some lint. *He gives a smile and promptly starts chewing on the snack he found*

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Quirks? Well, I suppose I can be a bit show off-y, but who wouldn't be, when you're one of the best Pro Benders in the city, right? Besides, life isn't worth living if you can't get some enjoyment out of it, and I -love- seeing how people react to what I do. I pull a few pranks here and there, but I don't -hurt- people with them. Or, at least I don't mean to. Not that it wasn't funny seeing Lee falling falt on his rump when I moved that chair away. Heh, priceless.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Questions for Shango:

What was your greatest kill?

If you steal and hunt, then where exactly does all the money you earn go? If you do earn money, do you feel there's any moral contradiction in not spending any of that on food while you deprive others of it?

Tell us a bit more about these darkstars, and clarify what being touched by one means for our audience.

Do you fear anything?

Now that you've embarked on this way of life, how do you think it will come to an end? Is it even possible for someone like yourself to retire? Or is this not something you've thought about yet?

What is most precious to you?

(SHANGO!) Shango, have you always been alone? (SHANGO!) Shango, have you never loved again?

Questions for Maria Renée:

It must have been quite traumatic; how did you feel when you realised your brother was lost?

It must also have been quite traumatic to be suddenly ripped from one world into another. How did you handle the transition between the real world and the virtual?

On a related note, what will it be like to get back to the real world after this?

Do you know what happened to your brother at all? How do you feel about it, or, if you don't know, about not knowing?

What do you do when you're not playing the flute?

You said you were working to defeat the game. What does that entail, exactly?

Questions for Kalden:

You gave us intriguing hints of uniform modification. What is it you wear, exactly?

You seem like someone who's got themselves into fairly major trouble at least once with their ability. Have you got any interesting stories of that sort to tell?

Are you in a relationship, or do you plan to be? If so, do you have your eye on anyone in particular?

Any particular rivals on the Pro Bending circuit?

Any interesting things coming up for you in terms of work or other major events?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
What was your greatest kill?
I could not reach my target from the ground, so I had to climb the Cathedral. I leaped from a height of hundred and twenty feet down at him. I was kind of a fool then, as a child... I risked injury, if not death. But you know, a little artificial luck helps things.

If you steal and hunt, then where exactly does all the money you earn go? If you do earn money, do you feel there's any moral contradiction in not spending any of that on food while you deprive others of it?
I don't collect money. I spend it at once, and I steal only when in need. And I like to think that I deserve some of the fruits of this world, given that I have devoted my life to saving it... I'm not the kind of hero who's well known and appreciated, anyway. I'll never get credit for what I do, and I've accepted that long ago.

Tell us a bit more about these darkstars, and clarify what being touched by one means for our audience.
I'm afraid I can't tell you about the darkstars. If I do, I'll have to kill you. That's what the Hashashin do. Their original purpose was to preserve the secret of those crystals, so they became assassins... now they are corrupted, working for the enemy. I plan to take over as their Master with a conspiracy I have forged, and set a new direction to the order.

I suppose I can tell you a few things. When I was young and ignorant about the crystals, I happened to touch one. Normally, that would have killed me. Not everyone is able to hold a darkstar. You have to have the... right genes, somebody once told me. You have to be a voidborn. Descendant of the Stranger (or else, the Phantom Dancer) himself. And I'm his very reincarnation. These darkstars... I suppose they're connected to him. That explains why I absorbed some of the power of the crystal as I touched it, into my right hand. Sometimes, it aches and burns, as if the darkness it sucked in wants to get out. Puzzling, I know, and I intend to find some answers about that very soon.

Do you fear anything?
Secretly, I fear the day my enemies will succeed in using the darkstars to establish their tyrannic rule over the land. But I'm confident I will succeed in killing every single one of them. Even if it means starting a war.

Now that you've embarked on this way of life, how do you think it will come to an end? Is it even possible for someone like yourself to retire? Or is this not something you've thought about yet?
Retire? Haha, no. As I said, I plan to be the Master of the Hashashin, whether they like it or not. I will set the Order right, and I will continue to rule it for as long as I live. I will train my children and family in the ways I have been taught not only by the old Hashashin themselves, but the ways of the world. I plan on leaving a legacy of professional, deadly efficient, focused and thinking assassins and restoring the Hashashin as an active political force in the matters of our land.

I have a lot of things precious to me. The meaning of the order, the Phantom Dancer's purpose, the memory of Claire. But I think... the most precious of it all is my Tristana. I can't think of my life without her.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
You gave us intriguing hints of uniform modification. What is it you wear, exactly?
Well, I obviously still wear the air peoples' colours. I might not like the style of the old uniforms, but I've always loved yellow and orange. I don't like the knee-high boots, they feel too restrictive, so I just wear a pair of slip-on shoes. My pants are pretty much the same as the air nomad ones, albeit a little less.. air-y and baggy. As for my torso, I'm wearing a kind of sleeveless vest with a high collar. Nice and airy around the chest, with my arms completely unrestricted. It's buttoned up the front, and I do wear an undershirt underneath it. Oh! And a pair of orange wristbands. Just to spice it a bit up, heh.

You seem like someone who's got themselves into fairly major trouble at least once with their ability. Have you got any interesting stories of that sort to tell?
Oh man, have I? Let's see... right, there was this festival around spring-time a couple years back in the Dragon Flats-part of the city, right? Food, music, a parade with balloons and everything. One of said balloons were of a sky bison, and it... uh, it didn't look all that good. Frankly, they did a really poor job of it, -so-! I decided that if it's a skybison, it shouldn't be held down near the ground with wires, it should be... free. So, with a little bit of bending and a *cough* freak gust of wind coming in from the east, they had a bit of a hard time holding onto it and it floated off into the sky with one of the police's blimps chasing after it. It looked -amazing-, and the kids loved it! ... Mom was pretty angry though. But it was worth it!

Are you in a relationship, or do you plan to be? If so, do you have your eye on anyone in particular?
A relationship? Pfhah, sorry to burst your expectations, but no, I'm not planning on it. Sometime, maybe, but if you ask me, being 'together' with someone isn't going to be anything but trouble. Everybody who's together are always almost grafted onto each other. It just seems so... restrictive, you know? I just don't see the point in it. Now, if you ask me if anyone has their eye on -me-... well. Our team's got quite the amount of fans, let me tell you that. *He flashes a smirk and gives a little wink*

Any particular rivals on the Pro Bending circuit?
For me as a person? Nah, I don't hold grudges. It's all in the name of sport! Sure, there are those who act like a**holes about it, but I try to ignore them. As a team, though? Definitely! There are alot of great teams out there, but I think our biggest threat right now is the Crocodile Pumas. Last year, they snatched the championship right under our noses. They're a really well-balanced team, but we've been training hard, and I think that this year, we're going to win. I've got a good feeling about it.

Any interesting things coming up for you in terms of work or other major events?
The tournament! Every year, we have the Pro Bending Championship Tournament, and it's coming up really soon. We do have matches before then, but that's more or less just training for when we'll enter the tournament. And win it. *He nods his head firmly and gives a cocky grin*

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
It must have been quite traumatic; how did you feel when you realized your brother was lost?
I was heartbroken, upset and scared. But most of all I knew he had died.

It must also have been quite traumatic to be suddenly ripped from one world into another. How did you handle the transition between the real world and the virtual?
It was fun at first, I let myself out of my shell. I made friends, was confident in myself. That all went away when we found out there was no way to leave the game.

On a related note, what will it be like to get back to the real world after this?
I would feel relieved, safe, but also sad. I'd be going back to a world that no longer has my big brother in it. I'm afraid my family will blame me for his death.

Do you know what happened to your brother at all? How do you feel about it, or, if you don't know, about not knowing?
I know he is dead. The creator of the game told all of us when the log out button disappeared that if you died in the game, or someone removed your helmet in the real world you would die for real. Because my brother died in a safe zone I know someone removed his helmet. Though sometimes I wish it had been me instead.

What do you do when you're not playing the flute?
I train, do quests with my guild, and try to discover the boss rooms. One of which we just found.

You said you were working to defeat the game. What does that entail, exactly?
There are 100 floors in Sword Art Online, we have to clear all 100 in order to be free.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I guess I'll give this a try. Maybe develop my character for when I write my fanfic.

What is your full name?
Juxapose Ryuker Artesan

Aspertia City, Sixteen years ago.

My mother is Ana. My father went off on a Pokemon adventure before I was born.

I am an only child. But my mother tells me I have cousins in Kanto and Sinnoh.

Nothing remarkable really. I was a normal kid with normal friends.

I've always lived in Aspertia City with my two best friends Hugh and Rosa. Hugh is more of the serious type, but highly dependable. Rosa is a bit tomboyish and rough around the edges. All three of us dream of being Pokemon Masters, and possibly Gym Leaders of other regions.

Until I start my Pokemon Journey, I am just a regular student.

Until I start my Pokemon journey, I won't know. My friends tell me that I am the smartest of the bunch, and I might end up being a professor someday. But I don't want to be a professor, they have boring jobs.

Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
That is an odd request, but let me try. I have no distinguishing marks, tattoos, or scars. I dress casual, with a black shirt, blue vest, grey shorts, red and black sneakers, brown hair, brown eyes, and a red visor. My race is Unovian. Me and my friends are just young adults, and we need to embark on our journey to develop any distinguishing features like all the other Gym leaders and the members of the Elite 4.

I find this question to be really odd. Are you asking if I am "cool" or "goth" or anything like that? As a Pokemon Trainer, social classes don't exist anymore. Everyone is just out there having fun with Pokemon. Everyone is in the same "social class" of PokeFan.

No, can't say that I do.

Like a typical 16 year old's male's voice. How else do I describe it?

A list of Pokemon I want to train. There's more than 6 Pokemon on this list, so I will be very busy training once my journey begins.

Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I don't feel like I do, but my friends tell me that I am overly jolly and naive.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Okay, I have an inordinate list of characters under development and I thought this might be a good chance to get a second (less biased) pair of eyes on them. Who knows, perhaps a third set of eye as well. Took me forever to choose which character to pick though, to the point I had to ask some colleagues to help me choose (and boy the tie did take forever to break).

----

• What is your full name?
    I'm Maekrite. What do you mean by "full" name anyway?
  • When and where were you born?
    I was born in my mother's burrow in the forests near Goldenrod. That was so long ago... a bit over five years.
  • Who are/were your parents?
    Well, Nidorans of course. My mother, Inka, actually is my Trainer's original starter - though she is retired now. My father, Baluarkos, is a vagabond Nidorino who managed to catch her eye. And I got my sex-appeal from him~
  • Do you have any family other than your parents?
    Well… last time I visited my home marli and parli were busy so I have now twenty one siblings and counting. Some of them evolved and mated already so I have a good 20-something nephews as well. Just… don't ask me for names though, I'm not even up to speed getting to meet my younger siblings personally!
  • Any story from the past you'd like to share with us?
    There have been many adventures, even back at home. One of the times I was visiting there the patrollers got called to defend the forest's borders from a pack of hell-dogs coming for a raid from the northwest. Like good dogs they were well organized, and they had the dark to their advantage, but they were tired from their long trek. We managed to hold them back long enough that they decided to just skip the forest and go Frith knows where.
    That was a hard fight… no formal challenge, no rules, for about two hours since the dusk. The other patrollers are wild Nidorino, they don't have the training I do, but they fight for their lives sun after sun and it shows. It made me feel proud that I was still able to help. We feasted plenty the morning after that, then I had to leave.
  • Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people.
    I used to live in the forest, but I now live nowhere, with my Trainer - where he goes, I go, and he's always on the go. He is an adult human specimen... a barely adult one I might add, paler than others of his kind, and with a body built for walking and talking. He works doing something called "science" which is something with tubes and papers inside a big building and then doing the same things but outside, in the wild.
  • What do you do for a living?
    I go with my Trainer, I already said that. See, I was given the responsibility to care for him as a new Starter: I keep him company, get him out of trouble when he walks on the wrong side of a territorial Ursaring (or the fortunately sporadic revolt of Dragon-types with illusions of grandeur and world domination) and earn him a couple of coins a day by ramming the opponents' partners into submission.
  • Do you have any special abilities?
    Not very special, really; I was trained in various "tee-ems" to aid in my tasks as a trained Pokémon, but it's nothing that other Pokémon can't learn already.
    There is one thing, I guess, but I don't like to think about it because it feels weird on one's skin and blood. I mean... it's a thing that plants do. I'm not a plant!
  • Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things.
    Well, I'm a bit paler than other Nidorino, the same way my human is paler than other humans; I guess I got that from my mother. I'm also bulky, but don't you think that'll make me slow - I'm bulky for the job! And the females dig the muscles.
    I have my many scars of course, most of them old and mostly healed. There's a notorious cut on my left ear and a scar on my face that will stay like that for a good while though, and I do have some old, uhm... punctures in my underbelly, that fortunately don't show up too much.
  • To which social class do you belong?
    I belong to the Owsla, the patrollers of the burrow. Though that's only by role and oath, I have been far from home for too long to enjoy the work and the benefits. So for the time being, you could say I am tied to the many who walk and fight alongside humans.
  • Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses?
    Weakness... Psychic moves. Oh Frith I despise them. It's like my thoughts are twisted beyond recognition, to the point my own body misunderstands them. But beyond that I'm a very healthy Nidorino, it comes with the job.
  • What does your voice sound like?
    Well, my voice does not sound as sharp and imperative as it did when I was young. It sounds like me, but with more... roughness... and old. I'm getting... old.
  • What do you have in your pockets?

• …Hello?
    …O-oh? Sorry... I was totally not despairing.
  • What do you have in your pockets?
    Uhm… pockets? Those things humans do to their clothes? I guess what you mean is what do I equip, in which case let me tell you a Pokémon of my one of Trainer's colleagues was so nice to give me a green earring for my birthday. A beautiful and simple thing. Trainer says it's also useful.
  • Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
    I shall admit to no mannerisms, and in no way did I ever attack or bite Trainer's shoes back when I was a kit. I love it when people rub the quills behind my ears though. That and a Mint Berry are the kind of relax I need by the end of the day.
    But if you want any defining characteristics about me just ask my Trainer. He'll gladly tell anyone who wants to hear that I'm in the top percentage of Nidorino. It seems to be some sort of trend, I've heard other people talking that way about their partner Pokémon on the phone.

Years
Why not, I have been thinking this character is a bit underdeveloped lately.

What is your full name?
Adrian Frode

I was born in Switzerland in 1916 (that makes me 317 years old, although physically I'm 21).

My parents weren't anyone special I guess. My mother stayed at home to take care of the family and my farther was a historian.

I had siblings, and my family went on for a while after I was taken to Limbo. My family has died out now as far as I know, certainly nobody I grew up with is still alive.

Hmm... I remember when I first became a reaper. I was twenty-one years old and working as a mercenary. Not a glamorous job but it was necessary for the safety and economic benefit of country and therefore my family. I was supposed to be sneaking around and scouting a location with this Vlad guy... he was a bit of a tool but he was good at his job. The next thing I know some monstrous rhino-thing on two legs shows up and eats him. Whole. I'd probably been next but some other guy showed up, killed it with a knife and told me he was taking me away to Limbo where I'd be made an immortal guardian of sorts.

It honestly amazes me how I remember such a trivial experience *chuckles.

I live on a nameless planet in the dimension of Limbo. I live alone in the Human City - that is where all the reapers who were born on Earth live. There's a wide range of people from all sorts of different time periods there and sometimes we even get non-human visitors. I have run into some pretty weird looking dudes.

As I have said I am reaper, not those skeleton looking guys (those are the grim reapers and they're actually my bosses). It is my job, along with the other human reapers, to ensure souls end up in heaven and hell (the correct one), that demons aren't running lose, that the supernatural isn't exposed to those who shouldn't know about it and that there is an appropriate ratio of good/evil on the planet. In short, I get to stab stuff a lot.

As a Reaper I'm faster, stronger and more durable than any mortal (oh yeah, as long as I am in Limbo I can't die). I can travel between dimensions instantly and I can use magic (both are rather cool abilities). Even amongst Reapers I am unusually fast though.

I'm tall, more than 6ft tall, and I'm rather thin but I'm toned and in good condition (I think I'm quite handsome too). My hair is black and rather long and messy, I have dark blue eyes that are supposedly quite sharp and I'm rather pale.

I usually wear ripped jeans, a white shirt and a long black coat. Sometimes I have my sword, which is charcoal grey, at my waist.

I was pretty poor when I was mortal. These days money isn't really an issue, the only ones who are above me are the Grims and anyone they say is above me.

None at all, one of the many perks of my "profession". That being said, I can get tired if I work too hard.

It's just a voice, unassuming and nothing special. Might have a bit of a gravel too it and I used to have an accent but it died off.

Right now? My hands. Oh and a soul jar (that's a tool for catching and transporting the souls of deceased people who can't find there way to heaven or hell).

I tend to be rather sarcastic. I have an intense love of the Earth and its many cultures and I sometimes get into trouble for unauthorized visits to various places on Earth.

Cutlerine

Years
Questions for the gloriously-improbably-named Juxapose Ryuker Artesan:

By 'social class', I think our previous interviewer meant to ask you what strata of society you come from - the upper class, the middle class, the lower class, and so on. Just to clarify that a bit.

If you're sixteen and your father left on his journey before you were born, what happened to him? Is there some reason he hasn't come back?

How do you feel about the fact that he's never returned from a Pokémon journey? It must affect your opinion of Pokémon journeys in some way.

What Pokémon are you interested in Training and why? Is there a reason for this list?

The way you approached our previous interviewer's questions didn't seem to match your friends' opinions of you as overly jolly - you came across as rather formal. What do you think about this?

Why is it that you're going on this journey?

Questions for Maekrite:

How did you come to be with your Trainer?

What ambitions do you have?

Do you have any desire to return to the society of wild Nidoran, in retirement or for respite?

You have a broad vocabulary for a Nidoran. Where did you come by it?

Questions for Adrian Mole Frode:

What sort of magic is it that you use?

Do you think some of your interest in Earth's people and their cultures might have come from your father's work as a historian? I can see there might be an anthropological link there.

Why were you chosen to be made a reaper? Did you ever find out why the guy with the knife suddenly turned up and saved you?

For a person born in 1916, you certainly seem to have abandoned the mannerisms and costume of your time pretty completely. Has that just happened with the passing centuries, or did you make a conscious choice to differentiate your new self from your mortal past?

Is giving this interview entirely wise? Given that your job description is essentially to stop people knowing too much, aren't you giving a bit much away? You seem pretty loose-lipped for someone in such a secretive field, I suppose.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
What is your full name? george blackman
When and where were you born? london on the 20 june 1837(its set in victorian times)
Who are/were your parents?in the cemerary, the are elizebeth and henry
Do you have any family other than your parents?not that i know of
Any story from the past you'd like to share with us? i almost got killed at the same time as my parents, but the people realised i would be a good chimenysweep
Where do you live in, and with whom? Describe the person/people. the streets with other orphans
What do you do for a living?im a chimenysweep
Do you have any special abilities?no im a weak child
Tell us more of your appearance. Height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks, these kind of things. im a small underweight british boywith hair that has been stained black by soot, i have hazel eyes. i wear rags and have countless scars
To which social class do you belong?the lowest of the low
Do you have any allergies, diseases or physical weaknesses? not that i know of , ACHOOOOO
What does your voice sound like?quite high
What do you have in your pockets?i have no pockets
Do you admit to having any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?no to people seem to hate me

Years
What sort of magic is it that you use?
Whatever is necessary at the time. I actually prefer to do things by hand and only use it as a last result. Most recently I improvised this big fireball thing (it was kinda cool really but left me rather tired).

Do you think some of your interest in Earth's people and their cultures might have come from your father's work as a historian? I can see there might be an anthropological link there.
Possibly, he was always immersed in his work. We were never particularly close though and unlike my father I prefer to immerse myself in the present than ponder how things used to be.

Why were you chosen to be made a reaper? Did you ever find out why the guy with the knife suddenly turned up and saved you?
I don't know why I was chosen, usually the reasoning for this is a useful set of skills, knowledge or an aptitude for the supernatural. As for why knife-guy (no, I never did learn his name) saved me. I thought it was obvious, he was a reaper and the reason he was there was to collect me.

I have no idea what a demon was doing there, but they do seem to show up around soon-to-be-reapers from my experience.

For a person born in 1916, you certainly seem to have abandoned the mannerisms and costume of your time pretty completely. Has that just happened with the passing centuries, or did you make a conscious choice to differentiate your new self from your mortal past?
These things slip away naturally over time. Others however seem to have changed less over time that I have. I suspect that my readiness to change has come from my preference to continue moving forward and to immerse myself in my current life rather than dwell on the past.

Is giving this interview entirely wise? Given that your job description is essentially to stop people knowing too much, aren't you giving a bit much away? You seem pretty loose-lipped for someone in such a secretive field, I suppose.
Well... the Grim's probably wouldn't be overly happy about it if they knew... which they probably do. But as it stands nobody is likely to believe a word of this anyway, and if someone were to recognise this as the truth in a way that would cause problems we'd just have to deal with them - that is my job after all. I still should start working on an excuse to give the grims though...

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
How did you come to be with your Trainer?
I earned the duty -though I did not know what it was about back then. We the patrollers held a competition to find the cleverest of us to send to far away lands… I found myself the victor and the next morning, I was instructed to submit to the Ancient Treaty, to walk alone in the tall grass and meet a human with a problem. It turned out to be him.
The other patrollers said it was Frith's edict; my parents said it was result of my nurture.

What ambitions do you have?
Kittens. Many of them.
…What? what Nidoran does not want litters of kittens?
But I do want other things. I want to become strong and be much respected for my own power, not for the power that a Moon Stone would give me. And eventually when Trainer is working in the wild no mon will upset him because they shall know I am with him and so his work is important.

Well, I've grown strong and of good ear… fit for my role. And I like that much. I'm not a vagabond and not a simple grass grazer either. I have a role in a community of many, I shall not fall prey to a Skarmory or an Arcanine, and whenever I can visit home no kitten under my charge will. It has hurt, but it is what I am proud the most in my life.

Do you have any desire to return to the society of wild Nidoran, in retirement or for respite?
Oh yes! Much much yes!

Don't get me wrong, my work is very good, Trainer keeps me healthy and in top shape, I get to meet and fight Pokémon beyond what the wild ones back at home can imagine… but I'm growing old and eventually someone will have to take my place besides Trainer same way I took marli's place.
And kittens. I have missed many mating seasons and with them the right to build my own bloodline; that weights heavier in my heart with time.

You have a broad vocabulary for a Nidoran. Where did you come by it?
Well I stay with a human who works with "science" so he talks funny and long, I've picked words from him and from other humans - they have various interests as well. There's also an Espeon in the group who reads books, she teaches me some words as well when she has spare time from whatever "quantum"-something she is learning.

Not to mention, as I mentioned earlier, my warren is near Goldenrod, a very big city - so we live very close to the humans and pick many interesting things from them, like the various names you use for our different species.
By the way who was the lucid head who didn't realize there were female "Mr. Mime"?

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
*Disclaimer: The answers given over the course of this interview do not entirely reflect the character's true feelings on the subjects.*

What is your full name?
I'm Xiu Lim, but nobody really actually cares about your last name unless you're super rich like the Beifongs and the Satos so just call me Xiu.
A small farming village in the United Republic of Nations during the mid-3rd century ASC. What? Of course I know what year I was born! I don't need to be telling you everything though, do I?
My dad's name is Xiang and my mom is Ning. They're farmers at that same farming village I mentioned before and from what they tell me, they're happy there. They don't hesitate to tell me how much they miss me with every letter, though, haha.
No, not really. I'm an only child and all my grandparents are dead. I do have a few uncles, aunts, and cousins, but they all live in Republic City and don't really talk to my family much. There's probably some bad blood there. Who knows, maybe I'll visit them one day and see if I can set things right.
When I was five, me and a lot of other five-year-olds were taken by the Order of the White Lotus to "Avatar training camp," was what they called it. They pushed and tested us to try and find out if one of us was the one whether we wanted it or not. I was one of the latter. I didn't want anything to do with the camp or being the avatar, but get this. It turned out that I was the Avatar! Isn't that funny? Ahahaha, haha, ha...
Right now I live in a White Lotus compound that's near Republic City but not quite in it. The Order takes care of everything I need and the sentries are nice people, although I wish they would go out and have some fun every once in a while. My bending masters were also good people, although some were tougher than others like my earthbending master and my firebending master, both of whom are just a little bit upset over my lack of progress. Well, maybe more than a little.
Promise not to go around telling everyone? I'm the actually sort of the Avatar! Well, I guess I already told you that so it isn't that much of a surprise, but that's what I do. I mean, I'm not actually doing any real "Avatar stuff" yet since I'm still in training, but I'll get there!
Let's see... Metalbending, airbending, and waterbending are some. I'm also good at sewing, drawing, and I can operate a telegraph pretty well too. Charisma and popularity is a special ability too, isn't it? There's probably some other things, but you get the idea.
I'm a petite young girl and my height is about average. My eyes are green and my long hair is black. I work very hard to keep myself looking good. Part of this is wearing nice clothes that I proudly made myself. The dresses I make and wear would make some of the richest people in Republic City green with envy. Okay, maybe not, but they're still pretty nice.
I'm not too sure how to answer that. I was born on a farm, so that's definitely a lower class, but I'm not exactly sure if being the Avatar is considered high-class, or middle. For all I know, it could still be considered lower class.
I'm physically weak in the first place. Of course, not that I'd have any reason to be strong anyway. What modern girl needs to be buffed out? Well, unless they're a pro-bender or some sort of thug, I guess. They could also just like working out, but I don't.
I've been told that my voice is smooth and silky like my hair, or is like the dulcet tones of a beautiful symphony, or something like that, but those were just things that guys said to me when they were trying to get me to go out with them. I guess I'd just describe it as high, a soprano maybe, and I try to speak clearly.
This dress doesn't have any pockets, but my bag has just about everything a girl would need.
No, nothing I'll admit to at least. Some people have actually come up to me and accused me of being "too perfect," though, but I don't think that's true.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
(You know, the disclaimer isn't necessary. It's clear to see that there's something up with Xiu's responses - to your credit as a writer. Be confident in your writing skills! You've definitely managed to convey a sense of something hidden just through the answers you composed alone.)

Anyway. Questions for Xiu Lim:

Why do you think people have accused you of being 'too perfect'? I have my own opinions, but I'd like to hear your side of the story.

Have you changed your mind about wanting to be the Avatar, or at least come to accept the fact that you are it? It's pretty obvious you didn't want to at first.

You say you think that there's 'probably some bad blood' between your parents and their siblings. What makes you think that? Do you know what the conflict is?

You will have to forgive my ignorance about all things Avatarish, but don't you as the Avatar need any physical prowess? Surely if this Order of the White Lotus is so fanatical, they would want you as perfectly suited to whatever it is that Avatars do as possible, and I assume that would involve not only bending training but physical training as well. If I'm correct - and I may well be wrong - why isn't that happening?

You have a pretty high opinion of yourself. Why is that? And does being the Avatar feed your ego at all?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hope it's okay that I filled this out for two characters. Didn't see a rule against it...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Why do I have to write first person for? First person is annoying and I can't write it. It would be so much better to write 3rd person. If I can't and you're going to be stubborn about it I'll just make my own thread of the same thing then.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
You can write in third person, if it is that much of a big deal. :|

@PJBottomz

Questions for Loria:

Spoiler:

Questions for Angelique:
Spoiler:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Why do I have to write first person for? First person is annoying and I can't write it. It would be so much better to write 3rd person. If I can't and you're going to be stubborn about it I'll just make my own thread of the same thing then.
The only reason why people are using first-person in this thread is because that's the usual POV to write in when writers want to get inside their character's heads. But like Ray said, you can use third-person if you want. There's no need to create an entirely separate thread to perform the same service but with only a small change.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
What is your full name?
Lady Maylene Ling.

I was born in the great city, Ba Sing Se, just short of 60 years ago. You younguns are sly if you think you can just ask a woman about her age.

Unfortunately, both of my parents have departed this life. My father, Lord Wo, was a councilman - serving the king in running the city. I think I probably inherited my strong will from him, even for an Earthbender he was quite stubborn.

My mother was a village refugee, she always used to tell me about arriving in the big city with nothing more than a slice of bread. To earn money she worked double shifts at the infirmary, refusing to leave until she couldn't physically stand - eventually, her hard work paid off. She was a fantastic nurse.

My parents met when my father thought he had a severe case of foxhare-pox. Turned out it was just a rash, it was probably just some ploy to talk to the attractive head nurse.

My grandparents were an important feature in my upbringing, often looking after me when my parents were away on official business - but they never had any other children. I didn't mind being an only child, the bustling city was more than enough company.

Oh, the stories I could tell you. You will have to be more specific, child, if you're planning on going home later.

It's just me now. The house is far to big for one person, I wish they were still here. I guess all children have to grow up at some point. I would rather just stay out the house, there are too many memories here - I sleep, eat and go out, it's just not our home anymore.

Like my father, I work for the city. I manage Ba Sing Se's finances and relations with the capital, as I've gotten older I've gained a lot of assistants though - I must admit they do most of the work these days. I'm hoping to get relocated soon, although maybe it's too late for me to start over now.

I'm a bender, another trait undoubtedly passed down to me. I've never felt the need to train my talents, past my teenage years, so I'm a little out of practice now - earthbending was rarely useful to me, other than helping me reach the top shelf.

I suppose my other special ability is my account management, some how I've managed to keep this extravagant city out of debt for the last few decades. Even the Avatar couldn't do that, I bet.

I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. I promise you, back in the day I was an attractive girl - I had all the noble boys falling over, just for a chance for a dance. I guess the years haven't been kind, I'm slowly losing the little height I had and keep getting told I'm "wasting away". People can be so charming these days(!).

My hair has been grey longer than I can remember now, I'd like to say it was because of wisdom, but I'd imagine there are other reasons.

I was fortunate enough to be raised a noble. My father's status meant my life has been luxurious, and led to me easily securing a job myself. I've been extremely lucky with my upbringing and the opportunities it has given me.

Is this another age question? I'd like to say I'm fighting fit, but that might be a slight exaggeration. I can move at a leisurely pace, you won't see me running anywhere anymore - and if there's any heavy lifting to be done it is best I leave it to you boys.

What a peculiar question. I'm not sure what you mean, I probably sound like all the other ladies of Ba Sing Se.

I'm afraid I don't have anything in my pockets - my dress doesn't even have any. Any money I need is always in my handbag - a small leather purse with intricate, woven details. It was my mothers, from long ago, I always loved the emerald green of the threading.​

Back