The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Nature: Bold
Pre-release thread here.

Now that the movie's been out, a new thread might be helpful. This one will cover all discussions and reviews related to Movie 16 as well as the special episode "Mewtwo: The Prologue to its Awakening" and will be the only thread for them regardless of language. Have at it~

Last edited by Aquacorde; October 21st, 2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
Is there a point to this discussion when no BD/DVD release of JP version and no info on USA release? =D
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

Uh, yeah. People who have seen it in theatres do exist, though not many of them will likely come by here. But mostly right now it's our discussion thread for the prologue, because I don't think it should have its own thread as it's clearly part of the movie.
Old September 9th, 2013, 07:23 AM
ilias_

Just announced!!! It is going to air in US on October 19th on Cartoon Network. Can't wait. October is such a good month haha

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokemon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:28 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via AIM to The Mega Champion Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
Awesomeness.

I'll try to watch it if I can.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

Winter 2014 for PS3.

Old September 9th, 2013, 03:25 PM
MalcomX

Nature: Jolly

Trailer is awesome can't wait!
Also, the narrator of the US trailer sounds strikingly similar to Mewtwo's US voice in the previous movies.

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

whrflikjhg mega mewtwo looks SO WEIRD

Also this looks exciting but dang I wish they'd get out of the cities for epic movie adventures. Cities are really restrictive battlegrounds if not done well. And really chaotic because you have- this time- two major powers against each other, one with assistance from kids and possibly Rockets. Then you also see that this is a huge bustling city with a crapton of resident humans and Pokémon (hear them screaming, watch them try to salvage their home while war rages on) who get underfoot and are devastated. Like, Keldeo movie was partially in-city but seemed abandoned. Rayquaza movie was in a rather empty city. This looks like utter chaos. I wonder how well the story is pulled off with all of these factors.
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
ilias_

omg that trailer!!!! omg !!! I'm speechless. I love that shiny Genesct :X

I kinda agree with Anna, but in the trailer they made it very clear that they want to destroy the city. Maybe the Genesect were kept in a lab so many years and now they want revenge? :\ Anyway, I cannot wait for that movie. September is such a boring month.

Friend Safari:
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

It seems like they've infested the city idk. i don't really mean that this would be a bad city-movie- I just mean that it's hard to do a city-movie and I hope it's been done well. It's hard to portray the chaos and not overwhelm/comfuse the viewer.
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I guess it works well with the technology and the type of Pokemon Genesect is but I'm also a little worried about the setting. In the past I've found the movies that aren't based in a city I've liked more than ones that are in a city for the most part. Cities just restrict them and for the most part can either make the movie a great hit or a great miss. I suppose we'll just find out when the movie is aired which I will surely try to watch when it does!
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old September 15th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Yahoo to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Skype™ to Lucreciatwo
We all know the Mewtwo in this is different from the previous films, BUT will he have a male dubber or have a female dubber. I hope they give her a female voice since she even
has the body language of female. If they give her a male voice, they are going to make fun of it more and might call him gay :'(
Old October 19th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Wobbu
Wobbuffet tho

Nature: Relaxed
The English dub aired today and you can bet I watched it. I thought the plot was better than most because this is one of those occasions when the Pokémon are doing the evil rather than some crazy human (I guess you can look at it like the Plasma scientists who restored Genesect caused the evil). That Poké Hills place looked really cool, I wish that the real Central Park had one... One advantage about having a massive brawl in a city is that more destruction can be caused, which increases the intensity of the battle. Strange how we saw very little human activity from such a populated city. I was hoping for more scenes outside of the Poké Hills place. A little disappointed that Mega Mewtwo X didn't get any love. Maybe we'll see it in a future movie. I really liked that scene at the end when Mewtwo flew itself and shiny Genesect into space and watched the planet. Very cool view.

@above post: Mewtwo has a female voice in the dub.
Old October 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I liked the movie, better than the other 2 5th gen movies, but I just don't like that there is some how 2 mewtwos now in the anime universe. Then again, I guess you can say there is 2 Mews as well. I miss old Mewtwo though. Maybe there will be a movie with both Mewtwos and they mega evo into X and Y versions.
Old October 19th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
I liked the movie, better than the other 2 5th gen movies, but I just don't like that there is some how 2 mewtwos now in the anime universe. Then again, I guess you can say there is 2 Mews as well. I miss old Mewtwo though. Maybe there will be a movie with both Mewtwos and they mega evo into X and Y versions.
Well... Mewtwo is genetically created Pokemon so there could be even more of them.
Old October 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via AIM to The Mega Champion Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion
Does anyone know when the english dub of this movie is being released on DVD?

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

Winter 2014 for PS3.

Old October 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
GoGo Gogoat!

Nature: Brave
So. I just watched the movie, I thought it was pretty good.
everything about the movie was great. =D

Pokemon Y: 1048 9262 1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:08 AM
ilias_

I just watched the movie. I didn't love it. It was really good, I mean, the animation was awesome and the story was interesting. But I don't know. I feel like they skipped some parts. Anyway, it was a great movie overall!

PS. I want the Pokemon company to create an official map of all the regions revealed so far! I would like to know how the Pokemon world looks like. (they showed the Earth but it was dark hahaha)

Friend Safari:
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

Send a message via AIM to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Yahoo to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Skype™ to Lucreciatwo
I am so sick of people thinking that the Mewtwo in the 16th movie is the same from the previous movies. They officially stated that the the one in this movie is not the one from the previous films.
Are people so ignorant about getting they're facts straight?
I'm just glad I study before watching movies.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Famon

Then question is , What happen to original mewtwo ?
How could they written him out like that ?
And how writer explain all the thing that happen due to original mewtwo like Gary defect against Giovanni ???

This whole Movie make me think that BW Series event took place in an alternate parallel Universe where Original Mewtwo didn't existed !!!

Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

I know as a fact that the new Mewtwo isn't the same from the first one cause I read it on the Pokemon X&y site, wikipedia, and on the writer's Twitter page. I'm not surprised about this. The anime has broken tons for fourth walls. For example: In one episode a lugia has a baby. In the game legendaries can't produce offspring. So there's an example right there.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
The M16 Mewtwo is definitely not the same one we all know and love. For one thing, the voice is different. Second, it didn't remember Ash. Third, its creation story was slightly different. I'm with you on this. I don't understand how some people think both Mewtwo are the same. I mean, the voices! first thing I said after hearing Mewtwo's voice: "That's not Phillip Bartlett or Dan Green." xD
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Aquacorde
↪ i can do anything

We do have a 16th Movie Thread; I'm going to merge this topic with that. Please check before you make new threads.
Old 1 Week Ago, 08:17 PM
kogaaprentice32

I just wish they were more consistent with mewtwos back story and experience with ash.
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:48 AM
Tao Dragon

The original Mewtwo was last seen guardin a city just like Castelia in Unova. They could have taken advantage of that and bring the original Mewtwo back with new powers and everthing. I guess we have two wild Mewtwos in the world. One masculine and another feminine with Y Megastone powers.

3DS IGN: Raymond

Pokemon X IGN: Calem

Friend Safari Type: Ghost

Friend Safari Pokemon: Pumpkaboo, Dusclops, Lampent

One day I will metamorph into a Mew. Give birth to some pokemon. Then I will go to Mars and terraform it and make it more to my likeness. The heatran will be working with the underground and probably I would do something about that magnetism. Once the atmosphere is secured. I will fertilize the lands. Fill the surface with water and make plants grow. It shall be the birth of the true pokeworld!!! Hahaha! Believe it!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links