The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice

Advertise here
Every one of us has had a game that you simply can't put down. Whether it be an online game or an app, you play it every second you can, and try to complete it late into the night. Some of us are less like that, and have specific times in the day for gaming. How much time do you spend gaming? When do you play the most? Have you ever been addicted to game, and if so, what game and why? I'd like to hear everyone else's stories and opinions. How long do you think people should play per day?

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I don't really have a specific time for gaming. I play games whenever I have free time. I usually play a game for an hour or two, and if it's addicting, I play for three hours. I honestly can't play any longer than that. xD I've been addicited to plenty of games before. When I was a child, I was addicted to Pokémon. As a teen, I was addicted to Call of Duty. Now, thanks to a certain friend of mine, I'm currently addicted to Fire Emblem. In my opinion, it should be fine if people play games one to three hours a day. Anything longer than that could be bad for you mentally and physically, one way or the other~
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Well... Now that I dont have school or anything I can spend about 8-10 hours a day.... Although I try not to.

Old August 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
My addiction to video games (mainly Pokemon) comes and goes, right now it's pretty high in anticipation for the X & Y release! I work 5 days a week, which takes anywhere from 33 - 50 hours, of my time. Monday and Tuesdays are my days off, so I spend all that time gaming, I also try to get in a couple of hours before and after work.
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:20 PM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
i don't have time set to play. i just play whenever i have time or i'm in the mood.
maybe 5-10 hours a week at most?

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old August 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
Short answer? Too much.

Long answer? I spend roughly 35-40 hours playing video games per week (according to Steam, which doesn't count Pokemon and/or other non-Steam games I play), and probably closer to 60-70 hours during the summer since I have no school during that time.

Whenever I get a new game (usually one I'm REALLY excited to get), I dedicate hours on end to playing that one game. Sometimes my interest in a game, which I already own, gets re-ignited and I play that for hours at a time. That happened to me with Pokemon, once Black/White 2 came out.
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I checked my activity log... 92 hours of my life put into fire emblem awakening. Do I regret it? No.
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I know I spend more then 10 hrs on my off days and 5 hrs when Im working
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'd say I clock in an average of 4 hours a day on Football Manager which can be supplemented by up to 10 hours of any other game (usually around 1-2). When it's term time at at school, I'll spend pretty much all the time I have on games otherwise I feel my day is wasted doing something less fun.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I probably spend far more time playing than I should, which pleasures me, and I think I do well to maintain my health by playing sports every other day. Normally, I play 6+ hours a day, and possibly more than that when I have just purchased some games. I only have real problems when I'm addicted to a game, I wake up early and go to sleep late which really isn't good but it's so hard to put the controller down sometimes. Even so, I've had no problems and it hasn't had an effect on me (yet).
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Wobbu
Yee

I spend at most 10 -12 hours a week playing games. I used to be able to play for many hours a day but now I can only do an hour or two session per day. I seem to be losing my video gaming motivation
Even the two most recent games that I bought during late July have only been played a combined total of 5 hours... The time when I usually play my games is at night, a couple of hours before I'll go to sleep.
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I don't set an amount of time, but it usually totals up to a couple of hours each day. Sometimes I'll spend the entire day playing osu!, but I haven't played a normal game for an extended period of time in years.
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:09 PM
New Eden
Fading out.
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
osu! is kind of a drug to me, so I play that for at least 30-60 minutes a day. I also need to play New Leaf for roughly the same amount daily.

It fluctuates daily, but when I go back to school I'm going to need to set limits again.

Old August 25th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I play at least one game a day, even if it's just getting the daily stuff in Animal Crossing New Leaf for ten minutes. Over the course of a week, on average, I'd say I play at least 15-20 hours if I have school and a moderate amount of homework.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
My gaming time is absolutely random =D
If there's a game I'm absolutely addicted to I feel the need to finish it as soon as possible, I'm able to play it for 12 hours per day.
If I just want to play for fun, I play roughly 6 hours a day =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:59 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
about 4 to 6 hours a day, 2 or less on days I'm super busy. When I'm gaming with friends it sometimes bumps up to 6 to 8 hours, but mostly I try to live a balanced life so I shoot for 4, 4 is a good amount of time
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Sir Servine
Who wants poffins? :3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
Usually 3 hours a day. I would game up to 8 hours before I started joining forums/Tumblr. xD
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Tsutarja

Nature: Jolly
I'd say on average my gaming goes to 2-3 hours per day collectively with my 3DS, but lately it's only been for me to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf, since I cannot seem to drop my addiction with that game at all.

Super Smash Staff Collab
mod pairs family twitter pc social sites
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:52 AM
BackDraft-97

Nature: Timid
3 hours a day, 4 in the weekends, none on wednesdays. I'm kinda hooked to Gmod, because i use it for making Deviantart screenshots. On my DSi, i nearly always play Soulsilver. I haven't been able to get a 3DS yet, but i'm getting a holiday job soon enough, wich means, new PC, 3DS, and pokemon X soon enough
Old August 26th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Renpuu
Gengar !

I normally spend around 2-4 hours a day gaming, it all depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm too exhausted from work and just wanna relax and play a casual game for a while or I have a day off and spend most of the day gaming >_> !

I know for a fact that since I'm working and exercising more, my time gaming has decreased dramatically. When I was out of work sometimes I would game 8-12 hours a day. My life was spent waking up, playing games, eat meals, go back to gaming and then sleep, rinse and repeat for a few months X_X !
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I'd say in the last year the amount of time I spend on gaming has dropped significantly. Last summer, I found myself playing video games at least 3 hours a day, usually playing at least 20-25 hours a week. Now though, I play Animal Crossing on my 3DS for about 30 min.-1 hour a day, and I might play my PS3 twice a week for an hour at a time.

With Pokemon X/Y and Grand Theft Auto V coming out in the near future though, it wouldn't surprise me if I can rattle off 20-25 hours a week again, for a little while at least.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:10 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I spend both too much time and too little time
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Sometimes I go weeks without playing while other times, I play games for around 4 hours a day. I usually play at night or during the afternoon if I don't have anywhere to be.

If there is one game I'm addicted to and have invested many hours in, it is Borderlands 2. The game came out 12 months ago, but I've clocked 300+ hours on one character. I have over 15 characters, which is like thrice as many I should have. I bought the game twice. On the console version, I have just about all of the DLC, which is a feat for a cheapo like me. I hoard rare weapons and shields/items. I have 200+ items in the bank on my main character. I'm only supposed to store around 50 items max on one character, but I abused a glitch to store more. I should give those items away since they're lower level but I dunno, I wanna hoard them all. If I had my way, I'd play this game for 16 hours straight.
Old September 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Sheep
may the stars shine down on you

Nature: Timid
Not much at all anymore. I used to spend many hours a day playing my favorite MMO, Trickster Online, which has sadly closed a year ago now. Nowadays I'll maybe play a game for an hour and then stop. Only exception are newly-released main series Pokemon games since the hype is strong for the first few months.

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Serene Grace
ニャース

I really enjoy playing games such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout and - of course - Pokemon and can spend upwards of 4 hour stints playing them. I last a lot shorter though on other games; especially multiplayer oriented ones such as Battlefield, Call of Duty and - occasionally - Fifa due to a mixture of frustration and shaky internet connection.

That's what she said.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here