The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
I'm really glad tbh because slightly-mature!Ash has so many more possibilities than immature!Ash.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old October 14th, 2013, 07:17 PM
oshawottlover13

seriously! i hope hes still as hungry as ever. i wonder whos gonna cook ash and his gang food? clemonts little sister or serena are the only ones i see that have cooking capabilities

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
the idea of Bonnie of all four of them being the one to cook is hilarious. but i don't see either of the males doing so thus it probably will be one of the female. which, ironically(?) for Pokemon that'll actually be a nice change of pace.

also i am so looking forward to seeing slighty-mature!ash myself i really hope he's like that hnng.
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I feel like Bonnie would know how to cook, yeah. I mean look at her, taking control of Clemont's life lmao. He's probably going to help her out with like gathering ingredients and such but she won't let him touch the food, considering what happens with his inventions...

i dont even know i just love these two a lot already

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:04 PM
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
umm

The question that's been nagging at my mind is whether or not that's actually Ash she met in the past and not a doppelganger.

Anyway, I don't think Bonnie will be the cook. I'm starting to think Ash and Co. will just buy the food and take it in lunchboxes with them. None of them really strike me as cooks lol. But if one of them were to, I'd want it to be Bonnie. Regardless, Clemont is probably my favorite of the new trio so far. Bonnie and Serena seem like they are gonna be really fun too.
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I am really glad there is no older member. All of them seem to be same age other than Bonnie who is younger.

But I think I found out the secrete of Lucario that was on the poster when the anime was first announced. I will put it in spoilers. This also has game spoilers. I can also see Bonnie cooking or maybe both Serena and Bonnie. I also think Megalution will play a huge part in the anime.

Spoiler:
Lucario is said to be the first Mega Evo in the game. Also Korrina has 2 Lucario and gives one to the player. It is highly highly possible that Ash will get Lucario for his Mega Evo pokemon or Lucario will be showing up a lot. As I said a while ago, I have always hoped Ash catches a Lucario.
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Gogoat Rocks!
GoGo Gogoat!

Nature: Timid
Hey everyone. Here's a new XY trailer preview.

Notice anything?

Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Is it that Froakie is the cutest thing? Like how it looks at Ash when (I'm guessing) he's reassuring it and then when it runs. It's so cute ;v;

... Or the fact that Team Rocket is in lab coats, including Meowth and Wobuffett who is both in the same one and there is this one chick there. Maybe an assistant of Sycamore or someone else who knows.

also

Spoiler:
So basically Serena gets woken up the say way you get woken up in the game lmao. And with that said the Fletchling makes sense now though people have stopped worrying about it ages ago when we learned Ash gets a Fletchling.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

That Fletchling is so cute and small in that trailer lol.
Old October 15th, 2013, 01:34 PM
AzuGazer

I realized in school that if ash evolves frokie enuff it will be his first dark type :U
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuGazer View Post
I realized in school that if ash evolves frokie enuff it will be his first dark type :U
Scraggy is Dark/Fighting. Krookodile is Dark/Ground. So he actually has had two Dark Pokemon because of last generation.

It's actually not a trailer it's the first part of the episode (before the opening). I've seen the episode but i'll keep my thoughts for the thread itself.
Old October 15th, 2013, 02:47 PM
AzuGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
Scraggy is Dark/Fighting. Krookodile is Dark/Ground. So he actually has had two Dark Pokemon because of last generation.

It's actually not a trailer it's the first part of the episode (before the opening). I've seen the episode but i'll keep my thoughts for the thread itself.
-3-....

also the Serena trailer... looks like Butter on toast :O so tasty

Great animation, really fluent.
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post

Spoiler:
So basically Serena gets woken up the say way you get woken up in the game lmao. And with that said the Fletchling makes sense now though people have stopped worrying about it ages ago when we learned Ash gets a Fletchling.
We could also say that the writers are trying to recapture Dawn's introduction with Serena, who looks similar to her apart from a few obvious differences. This could mean we'll be seeing her with Ash throughout all the XY merchandise like they did with Dawn.
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
oshawottlover13

i cant wait for this season to air and its this weekend too! its so close i can almost see it, cuz ive seen so many trailers

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
GoGo Gogoat!

Here's the Japanese XY Credits.

Spoiler:

I found it very weird. what did you guys think?

Last edited by Gogoat Rocks!; October 15th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:42 PM
DynalMaestro
Eater Of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogoat Rocks! View Post
Here's the Japanese XY Credits.

Spoiler:

I found it very weird. what did you guys think?

Its cute but also weird,im having some mixed emotions about this
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuGazer View Post
I think he will. It looks like it will be like Hoenn where he only catches 1 starter. Even if he does catch 2 I think he will evolve both like in Sinnoh. And as someone pointed out, he has had 2 dark types of the top of my head that I can remember. Scraggy and Krookodile.
Old October 17th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Famon

Pokemon has 2 thing missing-

-1) A common goal that all character share .

-2) The Protagonist Ash touching every character heart & influencing them to change & develop.

BW Series really miss those 2 thing however those 2 quality is essential for a Kids Anime like Pokemon.
As the Protagonist , Ash must touch everyone heart including his sidekick's Rival.
After all , Pokemon is a forth category Kids Anime , Its not a Cartoon like ''Dragon Tale'' Or ''My little pony''.

Hopefully , Pokemon XY Series will have both of those 2 quality .

Old October 17th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
-2) The Protagonist Ash touching every character heart & influencing them to change & develop.
Isn't this what Ash does all the time? He's like the special guy who comes in all the time and makes people realize how to solve their problems, or who saves them from danger or who makes them realize stuff about their relations and whatnot. There's always problems that Ash solves - the movies are all good examples of this. Ash befriends legendary pokémon or important characters and they all become great loving friends.

I think they should make Ash a bit less supergood and alwaysnice. Make him the annoying, stupid and not always rule-abiding kid he should be. If he's still 10 years old, he should act like it, haha.
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I think they should make Ash a bit less supergood and alwaysnice. Make him the annoying, stupid and not always rule-abiding kid he should be. If he's still 10 years old, he should act like it, haha.
I daresay he's had his chance to be annoying, stupid and not always rule-abiding. Throughout BW, I can't help but feel that's how he's been 60% of the time. So, I disagree. I think he needs to spend more time in the mentor/hero role he's had throughout DP. Even then, and even in the episodes that have just aired, he's had his goofy moments. I say that's good enough.

With Serena and Bonnie on board, and Team Rocket on comic relief duties, I think we're going to see some shift in how Ash is characterised…onscreen.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 17th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

You would be surprised how quickly a ten-year old can change depending on what happens to him.

Anyways, I agree that he should be tossed back into a more mentor role for a while. Or even better, balance out the qualities that we have seen of Ash.
I roleplay Ash so I personally am really looking forward to what sort of shift he takes. DP he seemed to have gotten angry a lot while in BW he was never angry. If XY can balance the two (which I feel like they have done a good job so far with the first two episodes) then perhaps they'll be less problems with Ash as a whole.
Old October 17th, 2013, 11:37 PM
ChaoTachi

As annoying as Ash gets sometimes, I always somehow come back watching these series.
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Famon

I wonder ,
Can XY Ash be as Competent as PokeSpe protagonist such as Red , Gold , Dia & Black ???
The fun fact about PokeSpe character is that all of them are competent but act immature .
Specially Gold , Dia & Black .
I mean , Black act even more immature then Ash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Isn't this what Ash does all the time? He's like the special guy who comes in all the time and makes people realize how to solve their problems, or who saves them from danger or who makes them realize stuff about their relations and whatnot. There's always problems that Ash solves - the movies are all good examples of this. Ash befriends legendary pokémon or important characters and they all become great loving friends.
Not really ,
Specially in BW Series .
Ash may touch the heart of pokemon but he stop touching people's heart .
He just touch & influence handful people .
Plus , That doesn't handle every well .
And he keep away for his friend's rival .
Ya Ya , Those aren't his rival so he should keep away But That rule is more appealing for real world .
Pokemon is Kids Anime and Ash is central character so he must influence all character including his friends rival & Evil Villain !!!

Quote:
I actually agree to it .
The problem of BW & DP Ash that he's ''Super Nice'' which make him ''Super Boring'' .
I mean , Amu from Shugo Chara isn't too nice but she still touch everyone heart and influence them.
I wish Ash regain his arrogant , Laid-back , sarcastic & Mischievous personality he once had during Kento series .
That way he would look more like a 10 year old Boy.
But instate , Director/Writer decide to bring Ash's stupidity & Forgetful personality in BW Series.

Old October 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Gogoat Rocks!
GoGo Gogoat!

here is a new XY anime trailer.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=169170209956312

what are your thoughts about this trailer?

Old October 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

- Clemont seems to have an interesting change when it comes to his gym than in the games. Rather than having Electric Pokemon himself he uses Bunnelby who is good against countering electric types. At least that is what it looks like from the trailer.

- Dedenne is adorable.

- Froakie you cutie you don't have to try to take everything on yourself

- Ash is really going out of his way (moreso than usual. Like seriously it looks like he's getting scratched or something in most episodes so far) to keep his Pokemon safe it seems.

- Team Rocket that's not how you make a Mega Pokemon lmao.

- I'm so curious about this MegaBlaziken dude. I really hope they're making a stable plot with him.

- It's hard to say from this trailer whether he's going to win or lose against Alexia hnng... I'm hoping for a win because I really don't want to hear a million complaints on how he sucks again.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here