The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
In BW, the characters didn't really bounce off of each other, idk, maybe it's just me, but there wasn't any sync there. They were all just too different.

This season seems to fix that though. I don't know if Serena has a crush on Ash or if she admires him, or both, but I'm really liking her character. I can already tell she's gonna have a May-ish personality.

Serebii says shes a trainer, will she be Ashes rival? That could be pretty cool as well.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
Heh, while Ash knowing Serena as a kid would be an fun little story point...I'd wouldn' be surprised if the writers turned around and revealed it was a kid that just happened to look like him as well.
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I was hoping Serena would be confirmed to be Ash's relative just to see the shippers weep, but that's not going to happen now that it's confirmed that they're childhood friends, which worries me, because childhood relationships, when it's a boy and a girl, evolve into romantic relationships as they get older. Ash surprisingly looks older, so I fear there will be more shipping hints than usual, to the point where it'll become canon near the end of the season.
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:41 PM
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I was hoping Serena would be confirmed to be Ash's relative just to see the shippers weep, but that's not going to happen now that it's confirmed that they're childhood friends, which worries me, because childhood relationships, when it's a boy and a girl, evolve into romantic relationships as they get older. Ash surprisingly looks older, so I fear there will be more shipping hints than usual, to the point where it'll become canon near the end of the season.
Well it hasn't been said definitely that they're close childhood friends. I'm now going off the whole line of Serena saying "That has to be that boy from back then! All right, I've decided", and the smash folk stating that she has met him before. I mean thinking logically here, if they were really close back then...instead of saying "that boy", you'd think she'd say "Satoshi".

Of course they could still be childhood friends too, and the writers/trailers are just trying to keep their relationship under wraps for now. But I mean maybe she saw him once or twice in the past and he inspired her to become a trainer? And while it does seem he left an impression on her (be it because they were close friends back then, or something else) I don't think her potential crush on him will be played up as much as you think.

Last edited by ZeroX5; September 19th, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old September 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Well with the flash back that they showed in the new trailer, it looks like they at least talked once to each other. I just like the idea as a whole that they know each other even if it is just slight. I really hope this maybe gives us a little bit of more history of Ash and possibly his father.

My favorite part about his new character is that he stood his ground against a rampaging Garchomp and then jumped off what looks like the Eiffel Tower in Luminose City to save Pikachu.
Old September 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I think it's so cute that Bonnie wants to find Clemont a wife. I hope they don't run this joke into the ground like they normally do. Then again, this is the Pokémon writers we're talking about. Having her take care of her brother's Pokémon is a good way of putting her character into good use however.

I don't know why, but I got really excited when I read that Serena was an old childhood friend of Ash. Perhaps it makes the connection between them feel more personal than with past companions. It should certainly make for an interesting dynamic between the two. And I hope we'll get to learn some things from Ash's past before he left Kanto that we never did before.

I'm confused though. Assuming she's about to receive her first Pokémon and she knew Ash when he was younger, then what's the age difference between them and wouldn't this imply that Ash is actually older now? The timeline here confuses me.

There's not a bone in me that doesn't think Ash will catch a Froakie as his Kalos starter and Serena will obtain a Fennekin. This would actually make me really happy though, because I prefer it when Ash has less starters on his team. This is one of the reasons why I liked his team for AG and DP so much. Wonder who will get Chespin...

Last edited by Guy; September 19th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old September 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm confused though. Assuming she's about to receive her first Pokémon and she knew Ash when he was younger, then what's the age difference between them and wouldn't this apply that Ash is actually older now? The timeline here confuses me.
What's also much more confusing is, assuming Serena has her age reduced for the anime, why didn't they do the same thing with Hilda when they could've choose her instead of Iris as our female companion for BW. Anna explained to me that it's because Serena looks younger, but /vp/ made a size chart comparison between the protagonists from BW and XY based around their official artworks and concluded that Calem and Serena were older due to being taller than Hillbert and Hilda, thus debunking Anna's theory.
Old September 19th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Well...Ash managed to obtain all the grass starters in every region so far. Maybe he'll end up with Chespin.

...Of course, there's a first time for everything. He'll probably break the trend this generation and just get Froakie.
Old September 19th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
What's also much more confusing is, assuming Serena has her age reduced for the anime, why didn't they do the same thing with Hilda when they could've choose her instead of Iris as our female companion for BW. Anna explained to me that it's because Serena looks younger, but /vp/ made a size chart comparison between the protagonists from BW and XY based around their official artworks and concluded that Calem and Serena were older due to being taller than Hillbert and Hilda, thus debunking Anna's theory.
Height doesn't equal age though. And have people been looking at officially stated heights rather just comparing artwork? Becasue there are things like... perspective involved in artwork. Which inculdes variable zoom. Honestly, height comparisons don't debunk ****, either, because what I continue to explain is that the BW protags look definitively older and the anime could potentially age them down to maybe fourteen before it gets really out of line with their official art. And that's still way too old to relate to Ash well, especially during the BW maturity drop. Serena is much more ambiguous and could easily be aged down to 10-ish for the anime without deviating much from her official game art.

I'd kind of like it if Clemont got Chespin. I mean it doesn't fit with his electric theme but... Cilan deviated from being a grass trainer and Brock deviated from rock so it's possible. I feel like they could do well together.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Just because she is just starting her journey, doesn't mean she was aged down. The BW people were suppose to be older that 10 and I think Red was 13 when he started. Serena could have moved so much with her parents, she was never able to officially start her journey. We don't know much at the moment, so we can't really say.

As for Iris and Cilan being Ash's companions in BW anime, that was because it was suppose to be a total restart and I think they were mirroring the first season. Both seasons moved at about the same speed too.

For Ash's starters. I am pretty sure he will most definitely get Frokie or Froakie will decide to go with him since it looks like Ash is helping him in the newest trailer. It is also possibly for him to get Chespin. He has gotten every grass starter Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko, Turtwig, and Snivy. They could break the line, but I think 2 would be the right number for him. Serena will probably get Fennekin.
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
No I mean I don't know if she was aged down but like... she can be aged down. She's got more of ambiguous age than Hilda; Serena's official art could be ranged from like 12-16, but Hilda is more like 15-18. And that's why Serena can be used as a companion as opposed to Hilda.

I'm quite sure the main cast are going to have unstated ages. Saying Ash is 10 was a bad decision and I think they know that... they should have kept him ambiguous. And if they're going back to him being unstated, then Clemont is probably not going to be stated. Serena might be, but only if they're having her be the 10yo starting her journey or explaining why she's starting late or something. Bonnie might be for clarification's sake- surely she's not ten/old enough to have her own Pokémon. idk.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Famon

You know , People been talking about Ash catching froakie & Talonflame !
But the Pokemon Ash has best chance of catching is-

I wonder if this Pokemon will evolve .
Just imagine Ash with this Pokemon-

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post

Tyrunt comes from a fossil. So, I don't think he will get one. Did Ash get a fossil Pokemon before? I don't remember lol

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Famon

I hope Team Rocket won't be serious this time!

Because Jessic , James & Meowth never meant to be serious Villain. They are simply ''Idiotic Good people'' who're trying to be bad . that what Jessie, Jemes & Meowth's character stand for .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias_ View Post
Tyrunt comes from a fossil. So, I don't think he will get one. Did Ash get a fossil Pokemon before? I don't remember lol
There first time for everything .
Plus Ash always catch a Pokemon with similar ''Bodyshape'' like Tyrunt !
Example :

I can see Ash help calming down a Tyrunt who was revived by prof and it later choosing to follow Ash .

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Famon; September 20th, 2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Well he has calmed down a good amount of fossil types in the past, but none have went with him. It would be nice for him to catch Tyrunt, but he has a habit of avoiding dragon types and fossil pokemon. As you said there is a first for everything. I was really surprised when he 'caught' a Gible. I think Gible was the only dragon he has and if you want to count Charizard.

I just hope his team isn't just six pokemon again. I really liked how they worked with his pokemon in BW, but I hope they actually evolve.

I hope he catches a pure dark type pokemon as well though.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:

That's exactly why it won't happen =D
We have already seen him with Waruvile and Gible... I think no more big jaw Pokemon for Satoshi.

Quote:
He met pretty much every fossil Pokemon and did not get any... this is also reason why I also believe Satoshi won't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
For Ash's starters. I am pretty sure he will most definitely get Frokie or Froakie will decide to go with him since it looks like Ash is helping him in the newest trailer. It is also possibly for him to get Chespin. He has gotten every grass starter Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko, Turtwig, and Snivy. They could break the line, but I think 2 would be the right number for him. Serena will probably get Fennekin.
I don't think they will break Grass type line... I think this could get Hoenn-like with Satoshi getting only grass starter.

Quote:
I find it very interesting that we will see Ash at a young age!
Osananajimi...? Now that's something new.
I can see this as big reason for many fans to start... Well played.

Quote:
There going to be some new Kids Anime during this fall .
Like ''Gundam Build Fighters'' , ''Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero: Battle Spirits'' , ''Gaist Crusher'' , ''Yokai watch'' etc !
So I guess Pokemon XY series decide to go serious because if the Anime is handle like BW then Pokemon Anime might lose their place to One of those new Kids Anime .
Since Pokemon have more watch percentage than other new anime on TV Tokyo, I don't think these anime will somehow affect it.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Famon

You know , We still haven't seen a trailer Or Screenshot that shows Ash & Serena together !!!!

Old September 20th, 2013, 12:39 PM
DynalMaestro
Eater Of Worlds

I wonder what the connection with Ash and Serena will be.Since they are childhood friends i wonder if more of Ash's backstory will be revealed
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:26 PM
ilias_

I am sure they will reveal some of Ash's past. Like how he met Serena etc.

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I would be very surprised if Ash didn't get Froakie. When Ash helps him in the trailer, he is already looking up at Ash and looks like Froakie is saying "Is he really helping me?"

However, I think it is a wild Froakie and not the one that we saw in the first trailer.
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Nature: Timid
I too will be surprised if Ash doesn't get Froakie.
I'm really looking forward to learning more about Ash's pre-Pikachu life.

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Yambo
Power Seeker

Im very positive Ash will use Froakie. So far in all regions unless for Sinnoh and Hoenn Ash has had all the starters. In sinnoh Ash got Turtwig first and later on Chimchar but Chimchar was ash power pokemon and he never got piplup since they showcased his evolution chain alot making Dawn,Kenny and Barry having one of them each.

As for Hoenn we all know one o Ashes most bad ass pokemon was Sceptile (even before beating darkrai).

I think for ones Ash will have a water starter whos like his bad ass pokemon season wise like Charizard,Sceptile and Infernape (dont count Pikachu since it has always been with ash) Thats why i strongly bealive in Froakie.

They will probobly show of Chespin some other way with a upcoming rival of Ashe's having one.
Old September 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
Im very positive Ash will use Froakie. So far in all regions unless for Sinnoh and Hoenn Ash has had all the starters. In sinnoh Ash got Turtwig first and later on Chimchar but Chimchar was ash power pokemon and he never got piplup since they showcased his evolution chain alot making Dawn,Kenny and Barry having one of them each.

As for Hoenn we all know one o Ashes most bad ass pokemon was Sceptile (even before beating darkrai).

I think for ones Ash will have a water starter whos like his bad ass pokemon season wise like Charizard,Sceptile and Infernape (dont count Pikachu since it has always been with ash) Thats why i strongly bealive in Froakie.

They will probobly show of Chespin some other way with a upcoming rival of Ashe's having one.
That depends on who his rival is and remember Trip had a Snivy from the start and evolved it, but Ash still ended up getting a Snivy, but never evolved. I just hope they don't do another Unova, Indigo, and Johto this where he only evolved 1 starter and the others stayed basic. Bulbasaur is the only pokemon of his I would hate if it evolved. I do not count Cyndaquil because it was so long before it evolved.
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Yambo
Power Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
That depends on who his rival is and remember Trip had a Snivy from the start and evolved it, but Ash still ended up getting a Snivy, but never evolved. I just hope they don't do another Unova, Indigo, and Johto this where he only evolved 1 starter and the others stayed basic. Bulbasaur is the only pokemon of his I would hate if it evolved. I do not count Cyndaquil because it was so long before it evolved.
Trip did start with a snivy and evolve it. But thats the same as Gary starting with a squirtle and evolving it and Ash having is own squirtle but never evolve it.

But whenever Ash has a travel companion who starts their journey right before they meet Ash. The travel companion has ended up with one starter or a rival ends up with a starter. And Ash gets the very last one. However when it doesnt look like that Ash ends up with all starters but they dont all evolve. And i dont count chimchar since it was made for the series as some glue for Paul and Ash.

I hope he gets Froakie and only Froakie that way we may for the first time see Ash use a final evolved water pokemon that gets a big role. All of Ashes other water pokemon not counting kingler hasnt evolved and has often have more of a goofy role in his party such as Corphish or Oshawott.
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
oshawottlover13

i want ash to have a pancham since...the photographer i forgot her name the gym leaders sister, didnt have it. but i dont want him to evolve it because pangoro would just be very very powerful and i like ash having powerful but not too powerful pokemon

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links