The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
YESSS! I am all for Ash catching a Pancham. I've always thought it looked like a Pokémon Ash could potentially have in his team. It just suits him in that way. Should he get one, however, I actually would want it to evolve. It could be his next Krookodile maybe. Plus, having a naughty nature I could see some potentially funny gags that could be used from time to time.
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:16 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like how the female player character is Ash's traveling partner (Serena in this case). Clemont and Bonnie as the other partners brings back a Hoenn vibe. Judging from her description, Bonnie could play an opposite role of Max; instead of dragging her brother away from girls, she could be the one to pair Clemont up with any other girl they meet.

Old September 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Wasn't Pancham rumored to be part of Team Rocket's Pokémon, along with Litleo, according to their roster leak?
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I haven't heard of this roster leak. Where is it from?

I don't think Pacham would be apart of Team Rocket, it's nature is too good to be part of the Rockets.

Also yes I forgot about Gary. I forget he started with a Squirtle, always thought he started with an Eevee until the Johto League. And yeah I understand what you mean, let me rephrase somewhat.

Depending on what pokemon his companions have, depends on whether or not which starters they get. We can't really count rivals. I am thinking Serena, if she is Ash's traveling partner, will get Fennekin and Ash will not and he will get the other two, unless Clemont is a traveling partner and he get's a starter at some point.
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Yeah to me Pancham in general seem to fit the Jerk With A Heart Of Gold trope, which would match better with Ash (the most likely twerp to obtain it) than with James (the most likely Rocket to obtain it). James is a sweetie and so are all his Pokémon, even though they can be aggressively affectionate. He would have a hell of a time with an unruly, mischievous Pancham. And Meowth would hate it. And all Rocket appearances would end up being Pancham fighting with Meowth is2g. Ash is more aggressive than James and has experience with 'mon that don't take orders very well, so I think he's better able to deal with the inevitable craziness.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:01 PM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
i want ash to have a pancham since...the photographer i forgot her name the gym leaders sister, didnt have it. but i dont want him to evolve it because pangoro would just be very very powerful and i like ash having powerful but not too powerful pokemon
Powerful pokemon..... Please jigglypuff says hi lol.
Won't pangoro have 4x weakness to fairy? So sit and pray that there is no double slap equivalent fairy move lol
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:42 AM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawottlover13 View Post
i want ash to have a pancham since...the photographer i forgot her name the gym leaders sister, didnt have it. but i dont want him to evolve it because pangoro would just be very very powerful and i like ash having powerful but not too powerful pokemon
Ash should Directly catch a Pangoro !
Pangoro could be the Tsun-Tsun of the Team , It act like it doesn't care about Ash but come to protect him everytime he's in Danger. (Like Its Pokedex entry)
If Ash catch Pancham then it will another stupid Oshawott who's job is to chess after Women.
May be he & Serena can catch both just like Black & White (PokeSpe) Did .
I wonder , What Fairy Type Pokemon Ash will catch ??? After all , Its a new type So If Writer want to Market it then wouldn't be a better idea to give Ash one .

Old September 21st, 2013, 05:01 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
I wonder , What Fairy Type Pokemon Ash will catch ??? After all , Its a new type So If Writer want to Market it then wouldn't be a better idea to give Ash one .
It took Ash five generations before he caught his first Dark type and he still doesn't have his own Steel type yet. Both of which were new types in Gen II. I'd say Serena would be the likely candidate to capture a Fairy type (preferably Sylveon!) for the writers to market the new type to viewers. Clemont already has a Dedenne, which is part Fairy, but I can imagine it's Electric type would be more dominant side of its two types. Still, this doesn't mean I don't want Ash to have a Fairy type of his own. I think it'd be great if he does, but I'm just not sure if I'm willing to bet on those odds.
Old September 21st, 2013, 05:19 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It took Ash five generations before he caught his first Dark type and he still doesn't have his own Steel type yet. Both of which were new types in Gen II. I'd say Serena would be the likely candidate to capture a Fairy type (preferably Sylveon!) for the writers to market the new type to viewers. Clemont already has a Dedenne, which is part Fairy, but I can imagine it's Electric type would be more dominant side of its two types. Still, this doesn't mean I don't want Ash to have a Fairy type of his own. I think it'd be great if he does, but I'm just not sure if I'm willing to bet on those odds.
Interesting theory you have there Shivi, I know it took Ash a long time to catch a Dragon-type but he eventually got Gible, and then the next region he finally catches a Dark-type, Scraggy and Krookodile to be exact. I'm still hoping can finally catch a Psychic-type or Steel-type since he hasn't had any of those types yet, I know he hasn't owned any Ghost-types either but it's often hard to imagine which ones would suit him. But I do agree with you on Serena with a Fairy-type on her team, she'd make a great character to showcase the new type even though Clemont has a part Fairy-type already but I guess they might focus on Dedenne's Electric typing more like you said.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old September 21st, 2013, 06:49 AM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Ash catching a Fairy Type will be much better Marketing then Giving Serena a fairy type Pokemon Or Bring some Idiot who will crush Ash with Fairy type.

Fairy Type seem to be much more bigger deal then Steel & Dark type were !!!
Plus , I believe Ash should catch a Steel , Fairy , Ghost & Psychic type Pokemon instate of catching 10 pokemon of same type .

Old September 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

They are a bigger deal, yes, but it is very easy to feature new Pokémon and types within the main cast. Even if it isn't Ash who has one, you're still going to be seeing the person who does every single episode of the series. There will be many times when the character will use their Fairy, especially if that's what they want to showcase. Pikachu and probably Dedenne will be seen more, but you're not going to get around that. So if it's showcase you want, any of the main trainers will do.

If you desperately want Ash to have a fairy, find one that suits him. He's not getting a Sylveon and probably not a Flabébé unless its evolution is more battle-oriented. You gotta remember Ash takes on gyms and leagues and needs Pokémon that will be enthusiastic about that. I see Sylveon as rather dainty and not battle-happy and Flabébé as too shy for battle.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Famon

I hope , XY series won't be like AG Where Serena goal & Rival will take the major spotlight while Ash will barely get 2 rival at the League .
Hopefully , Ash will have this type of rival -

-A Superior Rival :
Basically Someone Older & More experience !!! Like The Mysterious Man with a Mega Blaziken !
I don't think he's from Team Flare considering that his Mega Blaziken saved Ash .
I hope for someone like Kai Toshiki (Cardfight Vanguard ).

He Should be strong , cold , Calm & a Mentor-like to Ash .
However , Ash doesn't like his cold way of treating people so he will want to beat him the most among all his XY rival .

-A Main Rival : Basically A Boy around Ash's age who nether stronger Or Weaker then Ash .
Like Blue (Pokespe) ,Ren (Shamen King) , Gray (Fairy tail) .
He & Ash often fight but he will not be a gag rival like Berry .
His relationship with Ash will be like this-

However they will show care for each other & work as a team when the time come's !

-A serious Female rival : Girls should have a chance instate of being a gag rival like Bianca !!!
I would prefer another tsundere version of Giselle !

Only difference , She doesn't change her view even after her first defect against Ash.
It will took a lot more development & plot before she change her view about Perfection.
I liked Giselle , She's one of the Original character I wanted to reappear .
I Never felt the same competition I felt in her episode on any other episode .

Old September 21st, 2013, 02:50 PM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
It's official, Wobbuffet is returning with Team Rocket! Is anyone as glad as I am? Or would you rather prefer Mime Jr., Seviper, or any other of Team Rocket's past Pokémon to return, if any?
Old September 21st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Ooh no. Wobbu's the only one that could have been back. I see people wanting Weezing and Arbok but returning would have cheapened their departure imo. The others had good runs as well, but... there was really no Pokémon that fit in as well as Wobbuffet. His presence was nearly as big as Meowth's. I'm so glad he's coming back (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:13 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I'm okay with Wobbuffet coming back! Kind of saying 'hey so what we tried to do in unova didn't quite work so we're going to pull back and do what we used to do with TR and have them be gag relief enemies' that said I'm curious to know as to what their Kalos Pokemon will be. If they're going to run the old gag of one of Jame's Pokemon always hugging him or something along the lines then I guess Malamar can be a good candidate?

On another note something has been bothering me. Apparently there is sometime going around on tumblr that Ash will be 13 in Kalos but other than Wiki I have seen no proof. Is there an actual source saying he will be or is the people on tumblr really just believe wikipedia or all things?
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:37 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Here's the debunking of the age thing! It's implicit ageing is all.

Malamer definitely is a good choice for that gag. I wonder if James will have a grass type again though? I do see him as a grass/poison-oriented trainer.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:46 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
ahhh thank you. <3 it was driving me crazy because i was sure that they were wrong but i wanted some clear evidence from someone or something that says so.

We haven't seen seen any grass Kalos Pokemon that would suit James. Though to be fair the only grass Pokemon from Kalos we've seen so far is Gogoat which doesn't suit him at all compared his past Pokemon. Malamar is Dark/Psychic in which he's only had one Pokemon (Mime Jr.) that has one of the two types beforehand. So I guess whether or not he'll be getting a new Grass/Poison Pokemon would have to wait until we know the full Kalos Pokedex.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:10 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Awwww I liked Team Rocket in Unova at least for the first 20 or so episodes that I ended up watching. They had the overcoats and everything! I'm fine with the Wob returning as it is one of their strongest Pokemon when they bother to use it.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:47 AM
Famon

The Current trailer prove that People like it When Ash look Badass even if Some idiot still tries to convince people how the Anime will be ruined if Ash become Badass !!!
Therefore , Ash should do even more Badass stuff with his Pokemon .
Something like this-

I can imagine Ash catch a Pokemon this Big and thinking of his next plan of action while sitting on its head .
Now that's a Badass way to show off Pokemon & its Trainer .

Ash being a Badass Protagonist will not kill the Anime So Some people should acting like it .

Last edited by Famon; September 22nd, 2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I can imagine Ash catch a Pokemon this Big and thinking of his next plan of action while sitting on its head .
But he already has Charizard... I don't know if Charziard will stay around for XY, but I don't think that Ash will release him.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
But he already has Charizard... I don't know if Charziard will stay around for XY, but I don't think that Ash will release him.
Can Ash sat on Chairzard head like that ??
Plus , Charizard ain't coming back until Kalo League .

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:04 PM
ilias_
I completed the Pokédex!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Can Ash sat on Chairzard head like that ??
Plus , Charizard ain't coming back until Kalo League .
Sorry but I don't like this. Why would he sat on a Pokemon's head? Pokemon are not sofas they are creatures.

And we don't know that yet. Personally, I think he will bring him to Kalos from the start but this is just a speculation.

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias_ View Post
Sorry but I don't like this. Why would he sat on a Pokemon's head? Pokemon are not sofas they are creatures.

And we don't know that yet. Personally, I think he will bring him to Kalos from the start but this is just a speculation.
Because it fun to watch when a trainer sat on Onix/Steelix/Gyarados Head .
Just like it was fun to watch Ash riding on the back of his Charizard/Pigigot/Rapiddash'.

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
ilias_
I completed the Pokédex!

Nature: Calm
You said this

Quote:
Imo, I don't see this happening bc Pokemon is not like that. And Pokemon are "badass" in battles.

Riding Pokemon is another thing they did that a lot in the past, they even bringing it to the games, it's cool. I would like to see Ash riding a Gogoat.

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilias_ View Post
You said this

Imo, I don't see this happening bc Pokemon is not like that. And Pokemon are "badass" in battles.

Riding Pokemon is another thing they did that a lot in the past, they even bringing it to the games, it's cool. I would like to see Ash riding a Gogoat.
Pokemon can be Badass in many thing beside Battle , Writer just has to use their imagination like Pokespe's Arthur .

I want Ash to ride a Pyroar .
Gogoat suit Serena more then Ash .

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links