The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old February 15th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Was there an alpha released or not yet?
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkipzmania98 View Post
Hmm... that sorta sounds like a place ghost pokemon might live. All abandon and dark and spooky. Will any ghost type pokemon be found in that place?
Most likely. I haven't chosen the list of pokemon yet but I'll maybe choose a ghost pokemon but mainly I'd want it to be like dark-type pokemon or something. Not sure yet. One of my favorite events I've planned out for the hack occurs inside the building though which I personally believe will make the hack that much more amazing but I can't really say much about it so yeah! Things are coming along nicely, I thought it'd be hard to do this building with it being almost completely dark and everything but things are coming out smoothly.

Any pokemon you were hoping to see in the building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post
Was there an alpha released or not yet?
not yet i'll pm you when i have the release ready for testing. see the front page Download section for more info if you're wondering

Check out some of my contributions:
• Check out my easy tile insertion tutorial, Inserting Tiles Into AdvanceMap For Dummies
Click here to find out how to remove clouds from the Emerald titlescreen
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here

Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Discovery.
Click here to view the PC thread of Pokémon: Fat Kid.

Pokétch ROM Hacking Community Pokémon: Discovery Discovery Twitter Discovery FB IRC Chat
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM
mudkipzmania98
How about an encore?

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
Most likely. I haven't chosen the list of pokemon yet but I'll maybe choose a ghost pokemon but mainly I'd want it to be like dark-type pokemon or something. Not sure yet. One of my favorite events I've planned out for the hack occurs inside the building though which I personally believe will make the hack that much more amazing but I can't really say much about it so yeah! Things are coming along nicely, I thought it'd be hard to do this building with it being almost completely dark and everything but things are coming out smoothly.

Any pokemon you were hoping to see in the building?
Hmm... Misdreavus would be cool or maybe murkrow
Old February 15th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkipzmania98 View Post
Hmm... Misdreavus would be cool or maybe murkrow
alright i'll implement those two. Murkrow I'll only put on the third level though so that way it makes a little more sense cus it's the closest to the roof openings so it can go in and out? lol

• Check out my easy tile insertion tutorial, Inserting Tiles Into AdvanceMap For Dummies
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
• Need help fixing a gross bug in your hack? Let me show you how by clicking here

Pokétch ROM Hacking Community Pokémon: Discovery Discovery Twitter Discovery FB IRC Chat
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

You've certainly come a long way since the last time I looked at this thread! Looks like the mapping has really improved, with some very complementary tiles. The titlescreen also looks good.

I would love to see a video of some gameplay, just to ascertain how the scripting is going and how well the game flows.
Old February 16th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
You've certainly come a long way since the last time I looked at this thread! Looks like the mapping has really improved, with some very complementary tiles. The titlescreen also looks good.

I would love to see a video of some gameplay, just to ascertain how the scripting is going and how well the game flows.
Sure. This is a basic event in the world of Pokemon: Discovery!

Old February 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Nature: Brave
My god, I haven't been to this section in years. o.o

This looks awesome! o.o Not your typical "lol kid just got pokeymanz and gon stop evil team" plot. This is.... original.

I might just go out of my way to play this one.

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old February 16th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingBluePotatoe View Post
My god, I haven't been to this section in years. o.o

This looks awesome! o.o Not your typical "lol kid just got pokeymanz and gon stop evil team" plot. This is.... original.

I might just go out of my way to play this one.
Thank you :D

Your words are kind and mean a lot.
Trying my best to make this as original and fun as possible. So far from my team I've heard nothing but praise on how awesome it's coming out to be!

Old February 16th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Calamitastrophe
He's really feeling it

Nature: Lax
Wow. I'm really liking that lightning scene. This hack is looking awesome!
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamitastrophe View Post
Wow. I'm really liking that lightning scene. This hack is looking awesome!
As Le Pug said, that is only a basic event compared to others that are implemented and are going to be implemented. The graphics and events this hack is going to have is going to be great

However, we aren't lacking in the story department. I will not spoil much but Team Renegade has a deep story in the hack, each area has a very detailed story to it, especially Berry City, some tie ins to the official pokemon games and so much more.

Poketch

Old February 16th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Faroh View Post
As Le Pug said, that is only a basic event compared to others that are implemented and are going to be implemented. The graphics and events this hack is going to have is going to be great

However, we aren't lacking in the story department. I will not spoil much but Team Renegade has a deep story in the hack, each area has a very detailed story to it, especially Berry City, some tie ins to the official pokemon games and so much more.
Indeed an amazing story awaits! Berry City will probably be my favorite place just because of its storyline

Hiyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee always get excited talking about the future stuff. Then I open up A-Map and deal with pesky numbers -.-

As you can tell from the video, those graphics are default graphics with some modified tiles. This is because that was when I was first getting used to hacking and since then have gotten better so all the tilesets after the ship are a lot better and personally I see nothing wrong with the ship graphics so I kept them.

Old February 16th, 2014, 02:23 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
In my hack, Peacemaker Town contain a warzone memorial and I made the following reference!
-----

-----
By the time my next beta come out, this lab guy in my game will be playing your beta!
Gotta love that shipwreck scene! It gives me a nice rpg feeling!

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old February 16th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
Indeed an amazing story awaits! Berry City will probably be my favorite place just because of its storyline
I'm not going to spoil that much about Berry City, but like Le Pug says, it has probably one of the most unique stories to be in a rom hack city. It is very interesting on the outside and on the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
In my hack, Peacemaker Town contain a warzone memorial and I made the following reference!
-----

-----
By the time my next beta come out, this lab guy in my game will be playing your beta!
I love it! I've played your hack before it is quite good so far. You sir, just gave me another reason to be excited for the next beta of your hack! I really appreciate it and I'm 100% positive that when Le Pug sees this he will really appreciate this.

Poketch

Old February 16th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInfernoZX View Post
-----

-----
That's awesome! I love the shoutout and thank you for being awesome! I've played some of your hack so far and I have to say I'm very impressed with the style of your mapping. I'd go as far as to say you have probably one of the top 5 hacks out right now. Thanks again for being cool 8D

Old February 20th, 2014, 10:21 PM
superaxander
Pokemon Maniac

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to superaxander
I just registered to praise this hack I can't wait till it comes out. Are there any eastereggs in it?
Old February 20th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Luugia-
Beauty is my life ~

I like this hack. I hope downloads are out soon :D

Old February 21st, 2014, 06:07 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superaxander View Post
I just registered to praise this hack I can't wait till it comes out. Are there any eastereggs in it?
Not too sure how many eastereggs we have but we definately will have interesting sidequests and a lot of surprises. Thanks for having your first post be on this thread though, I really appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luugia- View Post
I like this hack. I hope downloads are out soon :D
You, among a lot of others, will have to wait a little longer for the first beta. Le Pug and I are moving the hack into another Emerald rom because of a serious script error, and then we aren't just ready to release it yet. The release will come, I can't give a date on when it will come, but everyone will just have to wait a little longer.

Poketch

Old February 21st, 2014, 11:31 AM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
There will be easter eggs later on in the game as of right now though there isn't any that I can think of. There are quite a few indirect references though to stuff like movie quotes or scenes that will throw in a little comedy here and there though.

Old February 23rd, 2014, 01:52 AM
s0ul96

WOW this looks amazing i cant wait to try it
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
scar faced96

this game has some pure awsomeness.
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Faroh View Post
You, among a lot of others, will have to wait a little longer for the first beta. Le Pug and I are moving the hack into another Emerald rom because of a serious script error, and then we aren't just ready to release it yet. The release will come, I can't give a date on when it will come, but everyone will just have to wait a little longer.
Oh really? That's too bad. But maybe the long wait will be worth it once I play the first beta of this <3 I really am looking forward to play le hack of you two. Favor? Do your best for a faster progress
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
Oh really? That's too bad. But maybe the long wait will be worth it once I play the first beta of this <3 I really am looking forward to play le hack of you two. Favor? Do your best for a faster progress
I'm doing my best but small things keep coming up just little errors that I have to fix before progressing and not only that I work up to 72 hours a week so my free time is very limited, but I'm trying as hard as I can

Old February 26th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Quote:

Looking back at my scripts I actually found an easter egg I implemented that I can talk about. There will be a guy in the first village who talks about his love for tacos. Well later on in the hack I'll have the player randomly find a taco ... but it's up to you to remember of the taco man and give him a taco for a nice reward

Old March 3rd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Le pug
Community Supporter

Added a new map preview of the region which is called Lexerex's Playpen. You can view the map preview on the first page or just click this: http://i.imgur.com/nJBOOBh.png

Old March 31st, 2014, 04:31 AM
osterzone

This seems like another one of the interesting hacks I've seen! Good luck!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links