Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Poison types?
7 12.07%
14 24.14%
20 34.48%
4 6.90%
4 6.90%
27 46.55%
3 5.17%
7 12.07%
5 8.62%
11 18.97%
13 22.41%
3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2013 (02:41 PM).
Brendino
Русев путрия. Русев пачка.

Nature: Quiet

Poison-type Pokémon ~ September 1 - 8

Welcome to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Voting Polls, where we aim to determine who PokéCommunity’s favorite Pokémon is! This will be a grand undertaking that will span across a couple of months, where we will start with hundreds of Pokémon, in hopes to rank the most popular Pokémon in the eyes of you- the members of the PokéCommunity!

Please note: Only primary Poison types have been included in the poll. If you'd like to vote for a Pokémon you don't see listed, please select "Other Pokémon" and post who you voted for.

If you haven't already, please read through the rest of the Rules/FAQ below to catch up to speed with what this tournament is all about:

Spoiler:
  • Every week, there will be a new poll stickied at the top of PVP. Each thread will have a different elemental type, which will include a list of Pokémon to vote on.
  • You aren’t required to pick just one Pokémon- you can vote for as many as you like to ensure your favorites get through. The Pokémon with the most votes at the end of the week will face off against the other winning Pokémon in a final poll to crown the champion!
  • Not only will the winning Pokémon from each poll move on to the final vote, but they'll be featured in Pokémon Voting Polls' forum splash for a week.
  • In order to preserve space, we’ve grouped all of the applicable evolutions in a Pokémon family together. If a family rather than an individual were to win the tournament, we would hold one extra run-off poll to decide the most popular member of the family.
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the week, Brendino will have the tie-breaking vote.
  • Legendary Pokémon are not included in this round of voting. Don’t worry, though- they’ll be voted upon near the end of the tournament to round out the final number of candidates.
  • Furthermore, members who vote and post for a majority of weeks during the tournament will receive an emblem depicting the winning Pokémon!
  • If there are any questions that you need answered, feel free to leave a comment in this thread or send a VM to Brendino to get it sorted out.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until September 8th, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

Pokémon Poll of the Week #2: 7-Day Forecast

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old September 1st, 2013 (05:28 PM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Nature: Modest
I voted for the Zubat family. I remember back when I was originally introduced to Pokemon becoming so annoyed at the countless number of Zubat and Golbat that would appear and going "ugh I hate these Pokemon". However, when gen 2 was released, that all changed. I fell in love with the new addition to this family, Crobat. Crobat is and always has been one of my favorite Pokemon. He has an amazing design, great speed, and good power. I've used him on countless numbers of teams in the past and I look forward to using him again in the future. Crobat made me fall in love with this entire family of Pokemon <3
Old September 1st, 2013 (05:29 PM).
The Dark Avenger
Gardevourer

Nature: Adamant
I voted ?, for Roserade. I am not sure if it will be included in the grass competition though.

I also voted for Arbok, Nidoqueen, and Crobat lines.

Honestly, I really dislike many of these poison types, though there are quite a few that are my favorites. On another not, I am pleasantly surprised that Breloom pulled off a win!
Old September 1st, 2013 (06:56 PM). Edited September 1st, 2013 by Peitharchia.
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I wanted to vote for Toxicroak, but since it isn't on the list, I selected "Other Pokémon." It's a great physical-attacking Pokémon, and it performs amazingly under rain teams. Thanks to Dry Skin, it recovers 1/8 of its health on every turn when it rains, and it's able to absorb all kinds of water-type attacks. It has awesome Speed stat. After an Attack boost with Swords Dance, your opponent will be having a very hard time to wall this creature. If you like, you could give it Bulk Up instead, which will turn it into a bulky sweeper. Also, this Pokémon's got quite a nice-looking design. d:
Old September 1st, 2013 (07:17 PM).
Brendino
Русев путрия. Русев пачка.

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
I wanted to vote for Toxicroak, but since it isn't on the list, I selected "Other Pokémon."
But... Croagunk and Toxicroak are on the list, as the second to last option right above Other Pokemon. I've moved your vote over to Toxicroak for now, but if you'd like me to change it back, just let me know.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #2: 7-Day Forecast

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old September 1st, 2013 (07:40 PM).
Sora
The Idealist Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Going with the Crobat line and the Drapion line for this one. Crobat line because it is seriously the only line out of that group that I have actually used. As for Drapion well... I just like Drapion's design and Skorupi is cute. I ... honestly don't have much to say for this round.

your emotion will always be
my companion
Old September 1st, 2013 (09:16 PM).
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
Swalot has a lethargic atmosphere about it that makes everyone so relaxed. I like its cute little design and it's really funny watching it eat with its giant mouth. The little yellow mustache thing is also a plus

Crobat has always been one of my favorite 2nd Gen. Pokémon. I've used one many times in the games and it redeems the annoyance that is Zubat.

Drapion is based off a really cool bug, even though it's not a Bug type. It has the best cry of all the Poison type Pokémon and I used one in White 2 a few months ago and it didn't disappoint.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (05:52 AM).
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
Nidoking & Nidoqueen
I've used them already countless times with me during my games(either of the two). They were very useful and i love them.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (06:09 AM).
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I choose the Zubat line. I've used them as my flying types for countless run throughs. Crobat is fast and has the added benefit of knowing some Psychic-destroying moves Plus, Ninja Pokemon. Yay

Deceased:

Old September 2nd, 2013 (06:41 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Oh wow, Gulpin's the only non blue/purple Poison-type? That's kind of fun haha. I voted for the Grimer, Koffing, Gulpin and Croagunk families because I love them all to bits. Poison is my favourite type so I've got an awful lot of favourites within it and although I like Grimer slightly more than any of the others listed, Muk lets that family down a tad so the others should have a chance too. I mainly love the way they're so diverse and unique from other types, it's refreshing to use them on a standard team haha.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (07:15 AM).
Blue
the one
Community Supporter

Stunky + Skuntank has helped me out a lot, and out of all the Poison types they're definitely my favourite.

Team Platinum
Old September 2nd, 2013 (07:17 AM).
Hikamaru
save yourself
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I voted for the Croagunk, Stunky and Zubat lines.

Croagunk always amused me in the anime every time he uses Poison Jab on Brock to stop him flirting with "insert random female character here" and also I like its line's unique Poison/Fighting-type, it's a type combination that's really odd ad interesting. The 4x Psychic weakness is a bummer though.

Zubat's line used to be among my most hated Poison Pokemon mainly due to how annoying in the wild are, but Crobat is one heck of a powerful Pokemon and makes a very worthy addition to your team. Now I think I do like the Zubat line even more than I used to.

And the Stunky line also grabbed a vote from me because I always wanted skunks to eventually become a Pokemon as far as animals go, and then these things came along. I loved how adorable Stunky looks, and the line's unique Poison/Dark typing rids them of that Psychic weakness that trouble most Poison Pokemon. Not to mention they even learn Flamethrower!
Old September 2nd, 2013 (11:53 AM).
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Crobat & Toxicroak are two of my favorite Pokemon of all time, so I naturally picked them along with Seviper & Nidoking. I've yet to play a Pokemon game without using a Crobat at some point, haha.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (12:21 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

It should be obvious which Pokemon I voted for.

Nidoking is just amazing. The design is great, since he's a bulky Pokemon with a strong tail and a horn ready for attacking. He can learn a wide range of attacks that are helpful in a lot of situations. He's a great Pokemon that has never lead me wrong any time that I used him, and he'll always get my vote.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (12:25 PM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

Nidoking fan here all the way. I've loved him since the RBY days. Great design, bulk, and versatile move pool. He has a fantastic shiny color, too. I didn't spend two days chaining for a shiny NidoranM because I wasn't fond of him. So yeah, Nidoking. I also like Beedrill, Venomoth, and Scolipede, but they're mostly bugs.

Old September 2nd, 2013 (02:30 PM).
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

Trubbish is my faaaavvvv <3333
Just kidding, it's Crobat, because I always seem to end up with one on playthroughs, even when I don't plan on it.

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old September 2nd, 2013 (02:53 PM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I gave the Nidos, Crobat and Croagunk my vote. And I actually mean that. I don't like bats and Golbat is particularly terrifying, but something about Crobat makes me like him. And I like Croagunk (mostly for the anime, tbh) but am not a particular fan of Toxicroak.
Nidoking, Nidoqueen and families I like due to a variety of reasons. Their stats are great, typing makes them immune to poison (As do all of the pokémon on this poll), they have incredible movepools and decent designs to boot.
Old September 2nd, 2013 (03:30 PM).
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Skrelp FTW he is a poison water a type trolled with bad pokemon throughout pokemon games i dont like poison types but im gonna use Skrelp
Old September 2nd, 2013 (11:39 PM).
adventure
impossible girl

Nature: Naive
Hahahhaha why isn't Garbodor in this poll ;D;D;D

I vote for Nidoking and Golbat/Crobat. I've used them all in games and I generally think they are great pokémon. Nidoking is imo the best version of big dino brute (like Aggron, Tyranitar, Kangaskhan etc.) and Golbat is adorable in the manga. Yes. Plus, it's typing and attacks makes it a pretty decent pokémon in-game, Crobat even more so. Zubat can go live under a rock, haha, but its evolutions are nice.

Bulbasaur rules all, of course. But let's save him for grass types :>
Old September 3rd, 2013 (01:18 AM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I always like Nidoking due to it's bulky body as well as how it can learn variety of Moves. That is why I voted for it as well as Crobat line due to Crobat itself only
Old September 3rd, 2013 (04:40 AM).
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I don't think I've ever actually used this Pokemon, but I have great appreciation for Arbok. Sick design, backwards name, you can't go wrong.
Old September 3rd, 2013 (07:41 AM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Voting for Nidos because I have to. Also, if using this thread as generic data, it basically proves a point I've already stated a long time ago. Interesting, though not worth writing about.

I really don't care who wins, to be honest, as long as I got my chips in for them girlie Nidos.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 3rd, 2013 (09:30 AM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I personally like Poison types, but there are a few I don't like:

Zubat line: I don't really get the point of bats being part Poison type.
Gulpin line: Looks too plain and are bad to use competitively.
Seviper: A blatant Arbok clone. The only difference it its color.

Apart from these three evolutionary lines, I agree on with all the others' opinions on their selections.
Old September 3rd, 2013 (10:01 AM).
AmourPearlShipper
All aboard the failboat

My nickname should tell you who I voted for.

"<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | lol ubers spam (Peaked #13)
nobody likes Rhyperior ;_;
Old September 3rd, 2013 (12:27 PM).
Spinosaurus

I have an appreciation for Koffing and Weezing so those. Weezing is one of my favorites as well, and tend to use it frequently.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links