The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 11th, 2013, 01:59 PM
PhoenixSoul
I gain strength from my ashes

Nature: Brave
Out of all the pokemon in the fifth gen I have to say that the Joltik line is my utmost favourite. It's designs are really appealing and the bug/electric typing is a big plus. I always imagine people getting shocked by tiny Joltik and I find it really funny.
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
For me it would be a tie between Cofagrigus and Reuniclus. I love the concepts behind them, an Egyptian sarcophagus and a multiplying cell pokemon...what's not to love? They're also great battlers. They served me very well in white.

I love so many 5th gen pokemon though so I have some honourable mentions:

Scolipede, Conkeldurr, Darmanitan, Oshawott/Samurott, Sigilyph, Swanna, Golurk, Galvantula, Volcarona, Accelgor.

There's no beating Cofagrigus and Reuniclus for me though.
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Chandelure & Braviary are tied for my two favorite Unova Pokemon. Incredible designs, stats, moves, etc. Chandelure with one of the coolest type combinations there is.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Litwick. Its evolution line as well but Litwick is my favorite out of the three and favorite overall.

Honorable mentions go to the following: Joltik, Snivy, Petilil/Lillgant, and Whimsicott
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Foongus! It's so cute the way it rocks back and forth and constantly smiles; I would adore to meet one in real life. The deadly spores are a turn off and the evolution into the gross Amoonguss is unfortunate but I adore Foongus on its own.

Old September 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
MoreLike Zack

Nature: Careful
Cofagrigus is awesome! :D I loooove a pokémon with great defenses :3 And the fact that It's ghost type just adds to the coolness of this pokémon! Kinda scared for it if pokémon actually existed in real world :D
Not even a adventure time reference!
That walked down the escalator quickly!
These sentences are getting longer and longer i wonder when it stops you know the sentences!
HERE
oh and check out the Pokemon universe challenge, it it ever gets approved
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Excadrill, Samurott and Hydreigon are among my favorite Gen V Pokemon. Excadrill was an absolute monster in sandstorm, before being banned to Ubers, Samurott learns good moves and has good stats and Hydreigon's movepool is incredibly massive. That, and their designs are really good.

Old September 17th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Bobith
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
I'm a huge fan of Sigilyph. Gotta love the design, and I use it competitively from time to time. It was also a huge help during my white 2 nuzlocke, providing some bulk to my rather unimpressive party.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old September 17th, 2013, 02:36 PM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
Hmm. I wonder who likes Zorua. . . and Zoroark. . . No, no, it definitely couldn't be me. . .

But I also love Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon, not only because they're super cute but because their names include German numbers, and I'm learning German. So when I realized that about their names it was just more to love. one two three~

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:35 PM
CoffeeDrink
Koffi~

Nature: Bold
That's a tough one. Oh, wait. No, it's not. I just remembered. Krookodile. I have a Krookodile, and her name is Rasputin. Yes, I know, koff~

You know how bad Krookodile is? She's so bad that all the bikers got her as a patch on their leathers, that's how bad. I like the claws, I love the sand, I love the colors. Krookodile is the baddest of them all, koffi~

ps: krokodil on the other hand is a horrible disfiguring drug that resides mainly in Russia.
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Lunarose
replaced by lies

Nature: Modest
I really like Chandelure and Jellicent, these two ghost types are so cute and I like their typings. I love that Jellicent has water absorb, and Chandelure has Flash fire. Defensively, Jellicent is great, and Chandelure has amazing special attack stats.
Old September 20th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mia Mew
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚

Nature: Gentle
I really, really like Oshawott. I'm not sure if Oshawott's my favorite gen 5 Pokemon of all time (that's really difficult to say!) but I think it's adorable, and gets way too much hate. Dewott and Samurott are okay, but I just love Oshawott in its first form! So cute!!

I also like Petilil, Whimsicott, Purrloin/Liepard, Swoobat, and a lot of others I can't think of right now.
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:25 AM
rex862
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
Well to be honest i really love Beartic because its a giant ****ing polar bear i called mine MO'FO BEAR for obvious reasons

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 26th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Headphonix

Nature: Calm
Meloetta all the way! It has that innocent look and it's so powerfull at the same time.

Last edited by Headphonix; September 26th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Jellicent for me! I just love everything about this Pokemon from it's design to is wonderful defensive niche. I first used Jellicent in-game and then later on my competitive teams and I have been nothing but impressed each and every time.
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
This is a hard one for me. If I had to just pick one, I'd say Scrafty. Having a duel dark/fighting was really awesome.
But some other favorites of mine are Serperior, Kroodadile, Carracosta, Haxorus, Volcarona, and ferrothorn
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Owner of the club: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old September 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Para-Dox

Volcarona (Very good design and powerful as well, with a unique typing) and Braviary (Great looking bird pokemon that's actually good in battle) are my favourites, but I only really like a handful more. Sorry guys, but I feel that this generation's pokemon fell flat.
Old September 26th, 2013, 09:46 AM
MewtwoGaara

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to MewtwoGaara
Hmm...this is kind of a tough choice. I like Haxorus, as it's one of my favorite Dragon-type Pokémon. A favorite Fire-type Pokémon I like is Darmanitan.
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
Personally, I loved many of the Pokemon the Black and White introduced. Snivy and Oshawott's families really impressed me. Oshawott's being my absolute favorite.

Stoutland and Haxorrus were definitely some favorites too.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old September 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM
CoffeeDrink
Koffi~

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pära View Post
Volcarona (Very good design and powerful as well, with a unique typing) and Braviary (Great looking bird pokemon that's actually good in battle) are my favourites, but I only really like a handful more. Sorry guys, but I feel that this generation's pokemon fell flat.
I completely forgot about Volcarona, koff~

I feel bad about it because I use it quite often. It's a fun typing to play with, the little fire bug, koffi~
Old September 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM
WhiteKnightL

Nature: Calm
It's kind of tough considering Gen V is my first Gen to play. But I'll have to go with the Oshawott line, more specifically Samurott since it can sure pull off a Swords Dance set as well as having sentimental value to me. Plus he's the first Pokemon that made it to Level 100 in my team, and that was just recently.

Worthy mentions are Chandelure and Conkeldurr. Chandelure has Flash Fire to go well with its great Special Attack, while Conkeldurr's Speed seems to be the only thing holding it back. It really is a good Pokemon to have

As far as legendaries go, it's a tie between Cobalion and Zekrom. My Zekrom wrecks anything thanks to its Adamant nature (that was lucky!) and Cobalion just stands out to me the most out of the four Swords of Justice.

Good generation overall.

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive." -The Ninth Doctor

I'm a Catholic Whovian who loves to watch anime and read manga, discovering my faith while still trying to to enjoy the things I love. Feel free to PM me for questions or just to chat!

Black 2 file
Palom
FC: 3483 3007 8236
Feel free to add me to trade and/or battle! Could really use some friends in BW2!

Poetry thread (please check it out!): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310154

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307887
Old September 27th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Arlo

Well, since Unova introduced more genuinely good pokemon than pretty much any other generation, it's hard to pick just one. Krookodile, Scrafty, Mienshao, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Bouffalant, Excadrill, Galvantula, Escavalier, Jellicent, Golurk, Lilligant, Darmanitan... all great pokemon - good designs, good stats and good movepools.

But one personal favorite? I guess it would have to be Leavanny. It just has an air of nobility that really appeals to me. It looks like (and was obviously patterned after) a swordfighting cavalier (well... that and a praying mantis, which I also like). Bug/Grass is a useful offensive dual typing, and since I know how and when to switch, its weaknesses don't bother me, and it's got good speed and terrific attack. Mostly though, I just like it, and have from the first time I used one in-game.
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Scolipede is awesome! Also Leavanny, Scraggy, Dwebble, Joltik/Galvantula.

I never like electric pokemon untill Joltik/Galvantula - My favorite elec of all!

Most Special Sweepers don't look like normal animals. Special Sweepers are often bizarre shaped alien monsters. Gen 5 Gave us Zoroark, a special sweeper that looks like a normal animal AND has a fun ability. And Volcarona is an AWESOME moth that fits the bill nicely.

ALSO - Trubbish and Garbador. They are actually good pokemon!

I consider most of Gen 5 to be my 'favorite' pokemon. The only pokemon I would blacklist would be Sawk and Throw, cottonee (whimsicott is fine). and Timbur's Line, they are just so lumpy - I wish there was a pink one with a floral design! Only those four stand out as bad right now. The others I love a lot.

Last edited by SnowpointQuincy; September 27th, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Archeops
Pixel artist and hack player

Nature: Adamant
Kyurem is my favorite Pokémon of Generation V. Its fantastic concept, overall uniqueness and great, intriguing designs make it a definite all-time favorite of mine. No matter which Forme I'm using it in, I'm always having loads of fun using it.

Some of my other favorites are Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kami, Hydreigon, Samurott and Volcarona. Really, there's so much I like about Gen V.

I like playing all sorts of ROM hacks, my favorites being Pokémon Altair/Sirius, Vega and Procyon/Deneb. If you don't know these hacks or have only heard of them, then I recommend playing Altair/Sirius or Vega! They're truly great games that can keep you occupied for a long time!
Old September 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM
billyjoseph

I loved the odd bugs Volcarona, Escavalier, and Accelggor and the odd stuff like Yamask, Cofagrigus, and Sigilyph.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links