The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:33 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless

Most of us know what GTA is, but here's a quick run down for those who don't.

Grand Theft Auto is a video game series published by Rockstar. In these games, you're in an open world where you choose missions to progress through the story. The series contains various protagonists whose main goal is to climb through the ranks and become the master criminal. Those who turn their backs on them during their journeys are the antagonists. The locations of these games are based around many American and European cities. Grand Theft Auto has won many awards throughout the years and is one of most well-known gaming franchises universally.

How many of you have played GTA games? Which ones did you play? What's your most favorite game from the series? Feel free to use this thread to discuss everything that you love about GTA!
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I've only ever played it a couple of times at a friends house and I did enjoy it, I've never owned any of the games though. I do plan on getting GTA V and I'm pretty psyched about it too, I like the concept of the limitless activities!

Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:11 AM
xxkaylabby
unacceptable!
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to xxkaylabby Send a message via Skype™ to xxkaylabby
i love GTA. i have GTA 3 and Vice city. i seriously need to get the new one coming out. my favorite thing to do in the game is to get as many police stars as i can.

|Pair|
|Theme|
|Tumblr|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old September 5th, 2013, 07:11 AM
PureAurorae
Comrade

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to PureAurorae
Grand Theft Auto... well I have had a lot of fun times with these games.

I have every GTA after and including GTA: III. In general my favourite has to be GTA: San Andreas just because I love the storyline. Also the sheer size of the map in GTA: San Andreas is huge, and it takes a very long time to explore the whole of it. (I for one haven't explored the whole of it!)

So GTA: V is coming out on the 17th of September. I actually cannot wait for it and for sure is going to probably one which I invest a lot of time into. I can't wait to explore Los Santos again.
Old September 20th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Send a message via AIM to Endless
Grand Theft Auto V has been released just a few days ago. Have any of you gotten this game yet? If so, then how are you enjoying it so far?

I, unfortunately, didn't have the chance to get my hands on this game. I did read a review about it, though. According to the review, the game offers a completely new graphics style (a style that we've never even seen before in any GTA games), and the missions are extremely heart-pumping. The game utilizes vehicles a lot. Almost every missions in this game requires you a fast way to travel, whether it be by bus, car, train, or motorcycle. Sounds pretty exciting, doesn't it? I may purchase this game later this week, when I finally get my paycheck. (: The game does have a huge price tag, but it's definitely worth it.
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
I've seen some video's of it, and i love the way it looks, it has a huge map and hijacking planes is always fun. I will for sure get GTA V.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I've only played GTA: San Andreas as far as the games go, but I do agree with what PureAurorae/Formula 1 said there, I loved the map in that game and there was so much to explore. In fact, thanks to a few cheat codes my brother shared with me I was able to take good advantage of that. I still won't play a GTA game ever again though, because I wasn't a fan of the franchise in general.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old September 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM
C4
Explosive

I really have a soft spot for open-world, do-as-you-want games like these. I love the GTA series, especially GTA II.
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
LAWSICK
see you next mission.

i've had this game reserved since february. i did it for the free poster, hurr.

but i'm was a tiny bit disappointed that the multiplayer has not launched yet and if this is old news, well i don't keep up with this franchise. :p and gasp, you can dive underwater!
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I have Grand Theft Auto IV and V. I've only played for a few hours in total, though I have watched my brothers play more. I crashed the convertible in the first mission, lol. This illustrates my experience with this series.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
xxkaylabby
unacceptable!
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to xxkaylabby Send a message via Skype™ to xxkaylabby
i know some of my friends got it and we've been selling them crazy at work. i've watched some videos and i need it now D:

|Pair|
|Theme|
|Tumblr|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I finished GTA IV. All those immoral and cruel acts, you have no idea how many people I've mugged/killed for cash - especially those right beside an ATM XD One thing I loved about the game (on PC) was how there was a custom channel that you could put your own music into. So yeah, I play as a Serb driving Italian, Japanese, or German cars listening to Korean music XD
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I used to be a huge GTA fan, I had GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA IV. I had lots of fun playing the games... slowly these kind of games started getting boring for me, not sure why. I can still play them but it won't be the same. I'll play them about 30 minutes and then I'll turn it off.

As for the new game, I might give it a try, it might get me back into GTA games.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:15 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I used to play GTA games and though they were a good pass time. I never showed any real interests in those games, though, but I did have fun playing them. Our computer wasn't really hi-tech back then so GTA IV didn't work properly, and that put me off from the games.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old September 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I've played every GTA title at some point or another (although I only own from III onwards) and I must say that while IV left a bad taste in my mouth, V is quickly overwriting all of those bittersweet memories. If I could marry a copy of this script, I would do so in a heartbeat.

But yeah, it's certainly a strange series. It's well-known for its explicit violence and sexual content, but some of the games (especially San Andreas and V) have this strange sense of social commentary about them. Things like torturing for information and rioting after an unfavorable verdict really happen and they're way too serious to just brush off as we regularly do. The bad side of life isn't pretty.
Old September 21st, 2013, 06:03 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

I am a massive fan of GTA. I have Vice City and San Andreas, and have just bought GTA V on Thursday. I've got to say it's one of the best gaming series I've ever played, there's simply so much to do, to unlock and to...well destroy haha; especially in GTA V. I've been playing it non-stop for three days, I just can't get enough! I would definitely recommend anyone who doesn't have GTA V to buy it as soon as possible because it's a fantastic game. (Just look at the ratings it has received from the major gaming sites such as IGN - 10/10!)

Last edited by curiousnathan; September 21st, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old September 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Everyone who has GTA V already... im jealous right now as i tried to get it, but its sold out EVERYWHERE in my country ;_;

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:06 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I have GTA IV on my Xbox and my PC. Xbox version is for vanilla gameplay, the PC version for modding. Mostly carmageddon.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:20 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

I have played GTA, but never really owned it. Last time I ever played GTA was San Andreas on PS2 haha

I do want to get GTA 5 however, my friends are insisting me to get it and it does look pretty damn awesome. I liked Sleeping Dogs and open-world games in general, and being able to live a life of a gangster/criminal sounds... appealing. Plus multiplayer sounds crazy as well, definitely wouldn't want to miss out on that.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Aah... GTA V is basically consuming my life right now. I've played somewhere between 25-30 hours worth of the game since I got it on Tuesday, and I'm just barely a quarter of the way through the story. There's just so much to do in the game that keeps you sidetracked, and the map is so big that I've only seen a little over half of it. I shudder to think how much time I'm going to waste on GTA Online when it comes out at the beginning of October, especially after reading some of the confirmed online features.

I've played GTA IV and a bit of the other ones too, but I don't know if I'd even be able to go back to them at this point.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:24 AM
Passenger
Retired
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I've played GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and only a little of IV on PC. When III first came out, I was really addicted to that game. Same was with San Andreas.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I got into it with San Andreas then played IV. I really think IV surpassed SA as a game, despite having less features.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
The first one i played was vice city and then i got some more of them (My dad loved them and so did we :3) like SA,Lib city,vice city stories,and GTA III for the ps2 and we have GTA IV and Episodes on the ps3. We might be getting GTA V soon so that will make me happy :D
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Apart from V, I've only ever owned IV myself, but as everyone and their mother who had a PS2 seemed to have San Andreas as well, there were lots of opportunities to try that as well, but I don't see that as much of a loss, since GTA has always really been about the free roaming to me, so it wasn't like I constantly had to try the same missions again and stuff :p

Only reason I actually bought IV was because my friend and I were looking for a game we could play together, and as IV was on sale, we decided to buy two copies of it (well, we decided that I bought the games, and he'd repay me later. The money is still nowhere in sight, and this was like 2 years ago ;p), and it turned out to be a lot of fun. I was a bit bummed by the lack of a flying cars cheat, as flying around the world in a car was one of the things I had the most fun with in SA. But anyways, all my time in IV has pretty much been spent on the online mode in IV, as the story just never meant anything to me in the games, and I really don't feel like I've missed out anyways. Doesn't sound like it either, with all the criticism the story/missions have received anyways.

It took a bit before finalizing my decision on buying GTA V though, as it was quiite expensive, and without a job, I'm kinda cautious with what I spend my money on, and as I also had a lot of other things I wanted, I wasn't sure if V was gonna be the first on my list. However, about a month before release, Gamestop started a deal, where you could give them two games from a list they had, and pre-order the game for $20, and it worked perfectly, as I had two from the list which had turned out to be huge disappointments anyways ;)

But yeah, so far the game's been great. The story mode of V is certainly more interesting that IV, so I don't mind being stuck with it for now, but the online mode is still what I mainly got the game for. And from the online trailers, it looks like it's gonna be awesome this time around, especially with how big the map is in this game :D Still no flying cars though :(
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
I love the new GTA, though a lot of people are saying that Saints Row IV sucked compared to GTA V really grinds my gears because Saints Row has really changed and isn't about being in a gang and loyalty and stuff like that it's about giving your dude a nice outfit and going around using telekinisis and trying to save them as you throw them threw the air. enough about Saints Row.

I think GTA V has really branched off from being just mayhem since number one, I really like the whole fact that in multiplayer you could live... a... normal.... life with your own penthouse and just going to the beach without killing thousands of people you also create your own dude which is SO GOOD because it was great in SR and it can work in GTA

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links