The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
hmvv

Nature: Relaxed
Challenge seems interesting so yea!

DOB: 8 Nov '90 (yes im old now but screw it! pokemon games still fun!)
Game: FireRed

1: 109-Koffing
2: 24-Arbok
3: 99-Kingler
4: Rock type- have a question about this!
5: Purple pokemon-Venomoth or NidoKing, cant decide yet argh!!!
6: Route 11-so will be ekans, spearow or drowzee (not very exciting)

Questions!
Can I evolve koffing into weezing?

Rock type: I want Golem but I use an emulator so cannot trade. Can I use a hack and just have Golem or do I have to evolve? Also considering Aerodactyl or Rhydon, can I hack for those or do I have to get them ligitimatly?

Pokemon 6: does it have to be THE first pokemon i see or can it be same type, like can i search for the nature I want or if I accidently faint it. Also can I evolve them? Also if my first encounter happens to be Ekans, do I have to have 2 in my team as I already am supposed to have Arbok?
Old December 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
kingofeds
The Ed-olution is here!

Finally got around to this challenge, so I guess I should give my update. I've decided to do this update in the most cynical way I can think of while still being semi-respectable, so if you want to read, feel free, otherwise, just skip to the end for the team I have so far.

For those that don't remember, my final team will be:
- Venusaur
- Butterfree
- Pidgeot (First encounter on Route 1)
- Jynx
- Snorlax
- Hitmonlee

So I was strolling through the park one day, when a senile old man told me it wasn't safe. He then took me into his house where he entrusted my 10 year old self with a monster that has magical powers, aka Barney, the Bulbasaur. After defeating my stupid rival, I went out into the world and became a delivery boy! Well... sort of. I just delivered a package from Viridian City to the senile old man that forgot he even had a package. On the way back, I encountered a cute little bird which I captured in a small ball. That bird was Petey, the Pidgey. I went into the woods exactly like my mother told me not to do and found a little caterpillar which I also captured: Carl, the Caterpie. After some time battling random creatures and random little kids in the forest, Carl went through his phases and grew up from a Caterpie into a Metapod and finally into a Butterfree. We then went and took on Brock with team win:

- L13 Bulbasaur (Barney)
- L10 Pidgey (Petey)
- L10 Butterfree (Carl)

We handily won the fight with ease. Brock didn't know what hit him. He then gave me this weird piece of plastic and told me that if I collected 7 more pieces of plastic, I would have a shot at becoming some sort of champion. So I did my community service, picked up some bottles, tried and they didn't let me through, so I learned that these pieces of plastic needed to come from these gym leaders. Oh well. Forward along the journey, I beat up a bunch of little kids (well, their Pokemon) on my way to Mt. Moon. I went into the mountain, looted some treasure, beat up some bad guys and got the heck out of there. On the other side, I ran out, healed up and prepped to get another piece of plastic from the orange-haired leader of the water gym:

- L18 Ivysaur (Barney)
- L17 Pidgey (Petey)
- L17 Butterfree (Carl)

After handing Misty another defeat, I pressed onward and fought my dumb rival again, easily won again and in the process, helped Petey evolve into a Pidgeotto. Fast-forward 5 trainers, I'm suddenly up against another dude in all black with red R's on his outfit like the guys in the mountain. Meh, he's weak, pay no mind to him. I'm sure I won't see them again. I proceeded to beat a bunch of trainers on my way to Cerulean Cape. So for some reason nobody locks their doors, so I just decide to walk into the only house on the cape... AND OH MY GOD A TALKING POKEMON! Oh wait, never mind, just a lunatic who is messing with things he doesn't understand. Being the good samaritan that I am, I help the poor guy out. (Let's be honest here, if I don't become champion, I better at least become an Eagle Scout) After revealing that he is a guy barely of adult age, he gives me this ticket to a huge cruise ship that has a party and everything... Great idea, give a little kid a ticket to get on a crowded boat with thousands of other strangers. Best idea ever. Anyways, I get the heck out of this dude's house, go to where the police are and confront... Oh good, another dude dressed in those dumb clothes. Who were they again? Team Raccoon? Team Red? Team Rickroll? Meh, who cares, small petty crime doesn't interest me. Oh and he gives me stolen goods for beating him?! Never mind, keeping the loot, let's split. After running from the scene, I go into some underground tunnel and pop out the other side, battling some trainers along the way. After some time perusing the next city, I look for the ship. Oh boy, there it is! I went in and barged into every room to see if I could stay! Alas, no extra rooms, but I did take some items lying around and knocked out some people's Pokemon, but nothing illegal. Finally, I decide to go talk to the captain because this place is a bore to me, but who is there? Some guy with spiky brown hair, ohwaititsGary. After beating him senseless (and beating him in a battle of Pokemon), I went to go talk to the captain who was... seasick... really dude? Well, time to earn another patch for my boy scout uniform. I rubbed the old man's back and in exchange, he gave me a CD that I could use to teach moves to my Pokemon. Apparently, I couldn't chop down trees with my Pokemon's sharp claws before without this move. So I caught myself a Spearow, not wanting to waste a good Pokemon on this move and traded the Spearow to a little girl for Dux the Farfetch'd, who is good for nothing, but Cut. After slicing down a tree and digging through garbage to find switches, I get to battle the only American I have seen thus far, Lt. Surge:

- L24 Ivysaur (Barney)
- L24 Pidgeotto (Petey)
- L24 Butterfree (Carl)

I knocked some sense into him and kindly took his move, which would come in handy later, I thought. He also gave me that third piece of plastic to put in this random case I found lying on the ground that conveniently had slots in it the shape of the badges. We went back to Cerulean, snuck by the cops again and cut down more trees, beat up more trainers and went through another very, very dark cave. It happens. We then proceeded to some spooky city that was playing some really creepy music. I ran away as soon as I could and moved onto the next route, more trainers, more victories, more money. Another tunnel. HOLY CRAP A HUGE DEPARTMENT STORE! SHOPPING SPREE! Bought as many items as I could, then stored them and did it some more. I might have maxed out my mom's credit card by accident, but oh well, she won't care, right? After all that, I decided to go check out the creepy tower in the creepy town, but not before I barged into someone else's home and got another disc to allow my flying Pokemon to Fly me places... So I'm not in this tower for more than 30 seconds before I see my favorite person to beat up on, Gary. He actually put up more of a fight than I wanted him to, but nothing I could do except beat him. I continued upward in the tower and fought a bunch of weird old ladies who sounded like they belonged in something like Halloween or The Grudge rather than some tower filled with headstones. After that nightmare was over, I made it to... HOLY CRAP IT'S A GHOST! WHAT DO I DO? I pull out my only saving grace... A pink doll that looks like a Jigglypuff... And that's it... It just runs away... Wow... Good going, ghost... Oh look, Team Ratchet people... Team Rocker? Team Rolex? Whatever. Beat up a few of those guys and... without realizing it, saved another senile old man who said he didn't need rescuing... Okay, another patch I guess. Well, he gave me a flute to play, so I guess it can't be all bad. So I went South, beat some more Pokemon, got more money, and... There's something in the road... It's big and puffy... and snoring... PERFECT PLACE TO PLAY MY FLUTE! Oh crap, it attacked, but that's okay, I CAN CATCH IT! And so I did. That was how I caught Zzz the Snorlax. By getting Zzz, I now had access to go talk to some crazy fish guy about how to catch fish and he gave me a fishing rod! So I flew back to Cerulean, dodged some more cops and went back by the cave to catch myself a Poliwhirl. I then dodged the cops again and went to this old guy's house and he traded me Lola the Jynx for my Poliwhirl! Well, now I'm off toward the next city, have fun everyone!

L31 Barney the Ivysaur
- Body Slam
- Poisonpowder
- Razor Leaf
- Vine Whip

L31 Petey the Pidgeotto
- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- Whirlwind
- Fly

L31 Carl the Butterfree
- Tackle
- Sleep Powder
- Confusion
- Poisonpowder

L31 Zzz the Snorlax
- Mega Punch
- Amnesia
- Thunderbolt
- Headbutt

L29 Lola the Jynx
- Bubblebeam
- Lovely Kiss
- Lick
- Ice Beam
Old December 14th, 2013, 05:42 AM
hmvv

thanks for your msg, Bestwaffles!
Confimation of my team is as follows:

1: Koffing (to be evolved into Wheezing)
2: Arbok
3: Kingler
4: Golem (I dont know how to hack evolve so will have Golem from the beginning)
5: Venomoth
6: 1st pokemon on route 11, will confirm later!

Last edited by hmvv; December 15th, 2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: butterfree isnt purple :(
Old December 14th, 2013, 03:27 PM
kingofeds
The Ed-olution is here!

Well, I completed the challenge. Really wanted to get through the game, so I decided to switch to my main 2 Pokemon to just wreck the end of the game. My team looked really strong though as I finished the game and it was fun playing through Blue this way.

Zzz as I defeated the Champion

MY TEAM:

Zzz the Snorlax

Lola the Jynx

Barney the Venusaur

Petey the Pidgeot

Carl the Butterfree

Sensei the Hitmonlee
Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:57 PM
ChibiVamp
>>RETRO GAMER<<

Nature: Rash
Sorry I haven't been updating lately, but I've been kinda busy. I don't have the detailed bits of what I did. I caught my second last pokemons for my team, Seviper and Skarmory, and I beat Flannery with a lot of luck. As usual, I'm not look forward to grinding before challenging Norman. Will post as soon as I manage to beat him.
Old December 25th, 2013, 09:01 AM
hmvv

sorry havn't been posting updates, not relly been playing latly! but anyway so far:

picked Bulbasaur, delivered package (lazy old man) but whats this? i sense deja vu... someone has hacked the matrix... and Golem appears before me! consider it caught, although difficult with pokeballs, screw Bulbasaur.

Brock was easy although cant remember what level I was, breezed through mt. moon, and on the other side, caught myself an Ekans. Then trained it for ages till it was near the same level as Golem, and it evolved into Arbok. Smashed my rival, spoke to Bill and beat Misty, first time Golem has fainted.

Pokemon team now:

Golem lvl. 26/f
nature: Adamant; Ability: Rock Head

Magnitude
Rock throw
Mega Punch
Selfdestruct

Arbok lvl: 25/m
Nature: Adamant; Ability: Intimidate

Bite
Wrap
Poison sting
Glare

ran straight to route 11, dodging as many trainers as i can, and the first pokemon i see is... Drowzee lvl: 13/f nature: calm; ability: Insomnia (thnk god it wasnt another ekans!!)

Now to train it up to match the other pokemons lvls!!
Old December 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
VanilluxeDeluxe
Best Ice-type ever!

Name: VanilluxeDeluxe
Game: White 2
Pokemon: Liepard, Raticate, Mareep, Cubchoo, Zebstrika, and Route 11, since Route 1 can't be reached before post-game.
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
DOB: 9/17/91
Name: Warrior Rapter
Game: Platinum
Team: Wooper, Lopunny, Sneasel, Bastiodon, Crobat, Route 209

Figured I'd start doing runs with my platinum means it's pretty much just sitting now. I tried to use my Rock and Purple choice to sort of help the team balance the team out, and give me a few I can get relatively early on. I should be ok with obtaining all of them by the end of the game. I'll start right away.
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:17 PM
White Raven

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
Name: Jeannes.Thinkin
DOB: March 16th 2000
Game: Platinum
Pokemon: Luxray, Ambipom, Wurmple, Shaymin (I'll use the walk through walls cheat to get to it, if that is ok), Mareep (I'm going to use the National Pokedex cheat to get the PokeRadar, if that is ok, and I'm going to evolve it), one of the Route 203 Pokemon (Zubat, Abra, Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, or Shinx) (Hoping for Zubat)

PS PM me to tell me what cheats I can and cannot use. (The ones I listed here)

Last edited by White Raven; December 30th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old December 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

First update, and probably last for awhile, as I was reminded why I probably haven't touched my DS in some time.

Started with Turtwig. Figured if I was only going to use the starter for a little bit, I'd use one that can hold it's own till I got the first pokemon for the team. Which was a Zubat I called Dracula. I kept Turtwig with me for a little while (don't hate me) as I leveled up Dracula, teaching him Return from the TM from Rowan. I had been having a little bit of trouble getting my charger for the DS to work at first, so I thought I'd go as far as I could, then when the light turned red, I'd try to find a way to fiddle with it so it would charge while I wasn't playing. That came to an abrupt halt as during the fight with the Lass who has Psyduck outside Oreburgh Gate on 203, as my top screen randomly started to dim on it's own, eventually just going completely black. I'll go ahead and let it charge, just in case I can continue, otherwise, it may be a bit.

Dracula (Zubat) lvl 9? (don't remember if he leveled after the Psyduck fight)
Leech Life
Supersonic
Return
Astonish
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:40 AM
hmvv

Trained drowzee and it evolved into Hypno! Ran back fought all trainers, obliterated SS.Anne including my rival and then went through digletts cave to get flash, caught myself a diglett to teach it cut, that is all it is used for. come out caught a spearow traded for farfetched, decided to use farfetched for cut instead as will b using it for fly later on. Its only a HM slave!!

Faced LT.Surge and won, surprisingly only used Arbok for this fight

Arbok: Lvl 29/m
Bite
Wrap
Dig
Glare

Golem: Lvl 31/f
Magnitude
rock throw
Mega Punch
Rollout

Hypno: Lvl 30/f
confusion
hypnosis
headbutt
poison gas

I proceeded through to Rock Tunnel and caught a voltorb just before i went in to teach it flash, ran through Rock tunnel beating everything and come out the other side. Worried about pokemon possibly not listening to me if they get stronger so ran to Erika as quick as I could dodging as many trainers as possible.

Erika proved a bit of a challenge and Arbok sucked during this match, paralyzed and missed so often then fainted. Pfft no match for Hypno though

Arbok: lvl 34/m
Bite
Wrap
Dig
Glare

Hypno: Lvl 35/f
Cofusion
Hypnosis
Headbutt
Psycic

Golem Lvl 35/f
Magnetude
Rock Slide
Mega punch
Rollout

Now Pokemon upto 50 listen to me. Went into game corner, Laid waste to team rocket, with the silph scope went back to Lavender, beating all trainers I had previously missed, and smashed rival inside pokemon tower. Pokemon tower was a breeze and now I have Poke flute.

Heading to Fushcia city via Bicycle path because I missed fly so have to go back to celedon anyway and I want to catch my last three pokemon so I need the Good rod and surf with venonat available in the safari park if i so wish otherwise I go onto route 12. Will repost soon!
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:21 PM
VanilluxeDeluxe
Best Ice-type ever!

I'm gonna have to resign for now. It is a NIGHTMARE trying to train Purrloin, and I don't think I have the patience to grind. I might do this again one day with a different game.
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:47 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

DS is working better today, so I got a bit done. Had to use Turtwig to get past the first gym (don't hate me, beating Roark with just a Zubat was just not working, but Zubat did get the final KO in the battle so), and after a few storyline parts, I caught a female Buneary in Eterna Forest, which I called Lola. Dracula also evolved on me shortly after, putting only his happiness value between me and Crobat for the final team. Once in Eterna, where I'm ending for the night, I immediately went to the Underground Man and got the Explorer Kit, and would you believe it, the very first thing I dug out of the wall was an Armor Fossil. So, first item on my agenda for the next time I get on is going back to Oreburgh and reviving the Shieldon for the team.

Lola lv. 18
Pound
Rock Smash
Quick Attack
Endure

Dracula lv. 22
Wing Attack
Bite
Return
Confuse Ray
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:10 AM
Chevitile
Little Monster

First off, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Secondly, I've finally completed the Johto leg of this challenge, on a hack called Pokémon StormSilver. I think I forgot to post my team in my previous post, so here it is:

Spoiler:

1. 18 + 3 + 97 = 118, giving me Muk.
2. 18 x 2 = 36, which is Golem.
3. 3 x 2 x 2 = 12, Pidgeot.
4. Grass-type: Cacturne.
5. Yellow Pokémon: Typhlosion.
6. Turned out to be Swablu.

I started this challenge in early November and have been playing on and off ever since, so I frankly don't remember much of it. I do, however, have a video of the battle against Red, as well as some screens:

Video:
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Volchid the Typhlosion, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: King's Rock
Eruption, ThunderPunch, Shadow Claw, Flamethrower

Talontrap the Pidgeot, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: Choice Band
Fly, Close Combat, U-Turn, Brave Bird

Terrabyte the Golem, Lv 85 (♀)
Item: Focus Sash
Earthquake, Strength, Hammer Arm, Rock Climb

Bell Blue the Altaria, Lv 86 (♀)
Item: NeverMeltIce
Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Sky Attack, Toxic

GrimeReapr the Muk, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: Muscle Band
Poison Jab, Shadow Punch, Brick Break, Curse

Cacthyst the Cacturne, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: Rose Incense
Needle Arm, Drain Punch, Swords Dance, Dark Pulse

My next game will most likely be Emerald 386. My team will be as follows:
Spoiler:

1. 18 + 3 + 97 = 118, which is Flygon.
2. 18 x 3 = 54, giving me Azurill -> Azumarill.
3. 3 x 3 x 3 = 27, which is Wingull -> Pelipper.
As for team members 4 and 5, I'm not sure what you can find in the wild in Emerald 386. As such, it's hard for me to say exactly what I'll use. I will do some mid-game updates so you can see what I come across.
6. Something on Route 103.

I - LIVE - FOR - THE - APPLAUSE

Last edited by Chevitile; January 1st, 2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:38 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Yep, it's been a while (Sept 30) since my last update, but I am close to completing this challenge!

Update #2 on Volt White 2:
  • Left off on Route 5, so I made my way to Driftveil City.
  • After some training, I took on the gym. Clay was super tough and took several tries to defeat.
  • Went through Chargestone Cave to Mistralton City, then caught Artic the Cubchoo on Route 7 (yay for winter).
  • Trained Artic and the team on the new trainers I could access with Surf, and he evolved into Beartic!
  • Eventually took on Skyla in a triple Battle, who was tough as well. She took a couple tries to defeat.
  • Went through Reversal Mountain to Undella Town and defeated Julius there, then moved on to Lacunosa Town.
  • After Julius and I defeated Zinzolin, I moved on to Route 12.
  • My first encounter on Route 12 was a Combee, which I caught and named Hive Queen.
  • While training her up in Reversal Mountain, she evolved into Vespiquen!
  • Eventually I made my way to Opelucid City, where I took on the gym, and defeated Drayden.
  • Team Plasma was making trouble again, and I defeated Zinzolin for the second time there.
  • Reached Humilau City, talked to the Veteran in the Pokemon Center, then went to Chargestone Cave, where Zapdos was.
  • Caught it and named it Jupiter, then trained it up on trainers I skipped earlier.
  • Challenged the Humilau gym, and defeated Marlon without much issue, mostly thanks to Jupiter.
  • I am now saved on Route 21 after getting the Colress Machine.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Notable game changes in the hack that are applicable to my team:
Spoiler:
- Beartic is Ice/Fighting, and has some slightly buffed stats (+15 BST).
- Delcatty has buffed stats (+100 BST).
- Strength is 75 power, and Rock-Type.

Team Drummer:

Touchdown the Tauros, ♂ - L61 @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Thrash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Surf

Jezebel the Houndoom, ♀ - L61 @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Flamethrower, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Super Fang

Jupiter the Rash Zapdos - L62 @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightningrod
Moves: Thunder, Hurricane, Fly, Heat Wave

Hive Queen the Serious Vespiquen, ♀ - L62 @ Leftovers
Moves: Acrobatics, Hurricane, Attack Order, Bug Buzz

Scarlett the Delcatty, ♀ - L42 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Wonder Skin
Moves: Uproar, Work Up, Thunder, Shadow Ball

Artic the Adamant Beartic, ♂ - L63 @ Muscle Band
Moves: Icicle Crash, Close Combat, Earthquake, Strength

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

Figured I'd give a little update on my run. Currently have 3 badges, Dracula evolved into a Golbat, which really helped against Fantina's ghosts. I grabbed the Earthquake TM to teach to Shieldon, which I named Guardian, as well as teaching him Secret Power and Lola Grass Knot as she couldn't do anything to ghosts with what she had. After Fantina, my trip to route 209 yielded a very lucky first encounter with a male Ralts (I checked, it was a 10% chance because it was night). I managed to get him with a Great Ball, and called him Vassar (bonus points to anyone who gets the reference). Needing to level Vassar a little, but I feel like the rest of the team is shaping up quite well now. Two more pokemon, Sneasel and Wooper (which I will likely go ahead and evolve to Quagsire), to go. Feeling pretty confident right now. Here's how the team is shaping up right now:

Vassar, lvl 19/M Ralts
Brave/Trace
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant

Lola, lvl 24/F Buneary
Sassy/Klutz
Cut
Rock Smash
Grass Knot
Endure

Defender, lvl 24/M Shieldon
Bashful/Sturdy
Earthquake
Secret Power
Taunt
Stealth Rock

Dracula, lvl 27/M Golbat
Serious/Inner Focus
Wing Attack
Bite
Return
Confuse Ray
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
Tentative Join: Once the Pokemon Bank is available, I intend to pick up Pokemon Y for replay. I went ahead and generated my Pokemon though.

Name: Superstrength79
Game: Pokemon Y
Pokemon: Nidoran♀, Noibat, Croagunk, Charmander, Lillipup

Selection Process:
Spoiler:

Option #1: Oddish, Nidorina, Heatmor

Option #2: Espurr, Mr. Mime, Noivern

Option #3: Toxicroak, Miltank, Gothita

Fire Type: Charizard

Grey Color: Stoutland

Rout 7: Who knows? Hopefully Smeargle ^.^

I'll likely breed an egg for each and put the eggs in the bank; That way I am OT when they hatch. I won't bother with egg moves or nature/IV breeding.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team

Last edited by Superstrength79; January 6th, 2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:36 AM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Aaand completed! :D

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

PillowPet
Female, Lvl 53
Serious Nature, Ability: Oblivious
Take Down
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Endure

Cera
Female, lvl 53
Naive Nature, Ability: Early Bird
Leer
Flamethrower
Bite
Faint Attack

Jessie
Female, lvl 51
Quirky Nature, Ability: Own Tempo
Brick Break
Surf
Mega Punch
Strength

Hardy
Male, lvl 51
Timid Nature, Ability: Compoundeyes
Silver Wind
Hyper Beam
Sleep Powder
Psybeam

Arielle
Female, lvl 52
Lonely Nature, Ability: Poison Point
Ice Beam
Twister
Hydro Pump
Surf

Liam
Male, lvl 55
Lax Nature, Ability: Overgrow
Sleep Powder
Frenzy Plant
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.

Last edited by AoTora; January 6th, 2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old January 9th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Flame999

Name: Flame999
Game: Ruby
Pokemon: Trapinch, Geodude, Wailmer, Relicanth (Never used him so now I will), Muk and Route 111 (anyone but Trapinch counts)

Name: Flame999
Game: Fire Red
Pokemon: Horsea, Primeape, Kingler, Aerodactyl, Haunter and Route 11
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites
- New Map for Hoenn (replace Sevii islands)
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Gym leaders
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Elite four and Champions

Old January 11th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Chevitile
Little Monster

My Hoenn game turned out to be Expert Emerald, and I've already played about halfway though.

♦ Started up my game, chose Treecko, battled my rival, earned the PokéDex, and then started the actual adventure.
♦ I began by catching my Route member on Route 103, which turned out to be Doduo (named Triniwi). On the same route, I found a Wingull (named Pelicacy) and an Oddish (named Mimi Bella), whom I chose as my Grass-type.
♦ Trained them all up to Lv 12 before continuing.
♦ Went through Petalburg Woods and got to Rustboro City, where I battled and defeated Roxanne.
♦ ... and then Brawly and Wattson, after which I caught Vita Coco the Ponyta (my choice of a yellow Pokémon) and Beach Ball the Azurill.
♦ Made my way up to Mt. Chimney after having tracked down Team Magma (Aqua? I forget which one) in Meteor Falls, and took care of them there.
♦ Moved on to Lavaridge Town and defeated Flannery, who put up quite a fight.
♦ After the gym battle, I gained access to the desert and caught my final team member, Wingdra the Trapinch.
♦ Trained him up to be on par with the rest of the team, then saved.

Team:

Triniwi the Dodrio, Lv 43 (♀)
Item: None
Peck, Double Team, Uproar, Tri Attack

Pelicacy the Pelipper, Lv 42 (♀)
Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Shock Wave, Haze

Mimi Bella the Bellossom, Lv 40 (♀)
Giga Drain, PoisonPowder, Acid, Sleep Power

Vita Coco the Rapidash, Lv 42 (♀)
Flame Wheel, Take Down, Growl, Stomp

Beach Ball the Azumarill, Lv 43 (♂)
Water Pulse, Rollout, Double-Edge, Attract

Wingdra the Vibrava, Lv 40 (♂)
Rock Tomb, Crunch, DragonBreath, Wing Attack

I - LIVE - FOR - THE - APPLAUSE
Old January 21st, 2014, 06:50 AM
akihiko123

Nature: Quiet
Name: Akihiko123
Game: Emerald
Pokémon: Nidoking, Rapidash, Golduck, Houndoom, Steelix, Route 108
So if you want to battle? There's NO WAY i'm gonna lose !

So, give me what you got!

Like my page on Facebook : LINK
Old January 24th, 2014, 11:38 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive

Final Update (#3) on Volt White 2:
  • Defeated Team Plasma and Zinzolin outside Seaside Cave, then followed them to Giant Chasm.
  • Defeated Zinzolin and Colress on board the ship, then took down the Shadow Triad as well.
  • Took on Ghetsis inside the Giant Chasm cave after defeating White Kyurem and defeated him.
  • Made my way through Victory Road and defeated Julius at the top of the mountain.
  • After doing some EV training and moveset finalizing, I used Rare Candies to get everyone to L76, then took on the Elite Four.
  • Shauntal was up first, and I used a team effort to defeat her.
  • Caitlin was soloed by Jezebel, who used up Nasty Plot + Dark Pulse mostly, with Flamethrower for Metagross.
  • Marshall was pretty tough as usual, but I had a surprisingly good contribution from Touchdown.
  • Grimsley took a team effort to defeat.
  • Finally Iris was up, and she was the toughest fight by far. Here's a video and play-by-play of the fight:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Elite Four:

Champion Iris:

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Notable game changes in the hack that are applicable to my team:
Spoiler:
- Beartic is Ice/Fighting, and has some slightly buffed stats (+15 BST).
- Delcatty has buffed stats (+100 BST).

Team Drummer:

Hive Queen the Serious Vespiquen, ♀ - L76 @ Expert Belt
Moves: Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Attack Order, Heal Order
Final Stats: 219/176/185/153/179/71

Scarlett the Delcatty, ♀ - L78 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Wonder Skin
Moves: Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam
Final Stats: 229/131/144/195/138/195

Jupiter the Rash Zapdos - L76 @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightningrod
Moves: Thunderbolt, Hurricane, Heat Wave, Roost
Final Stats: 256/148/157/264/153/187

Artic the Adamant Beartic, ♂ - L77 @ Muscle Band
Moves: Icicle Crash, Aqua Jet, Close Combat, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 288/245/158/121/151/95

Touchdown the Tauros, ♂ - L77 @ Life Orb
Moves: Double-Edge, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt
Final Stats: 225/218/169/78/131/212

Jezebel the Houndoom, ♀ - L77 @ Leftovers
Moves: Flamethrower, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot
Final Stats: 236/162/112/218/150/187

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old January 26th, 2014, 07:09 AM
AoTora

I'd love to do this challenge again - This time on Pearl or Diamond.

My team:
1. Spiritomb (Need to check on where I can find it) Edit* I cannot seem to get it because I don't have a console and therefor I don't have wi-fi. I cannot hack it in either so I will not use it. (Unless if I can change the pokemon to one before it or one after it in the pokedex)
2. Prinplup/Empoleon
3. Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
4. Abomasnow
5. Houndoom
6. First pokemon on route 212

Thankyou for the quick answer on Spiritomb dilema- I guess that I will be using only 5 pokemon for this run. (Who came up with the bright idea of getting a pokemon only with wi-fi?) and I am confirming Diamond as my game for this run.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.

Last edited by AoTora; January 29th, 2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:52 AM
hmvv

Been a while since last update, had computer and internet problems! All sorted now, so will give a summery of where I am at:
  • Went to Fuchsia City, got good rod, used Farfetched to fly back to Lavendar town.
  • Traveled down route 12, fished for Krabby, caught with Mild Nature
  • Went to grassy area, caught Venonat with Bold nature
  • caried down route battling trainers, back to Fuchsia
  • Defeated Koga, went safari zone got surf, then strength
  • Surfed to Cinnabar to catch Koffing, caught Koffing with Modest nature (making it use electric moves)
  • Flew back to Saffron, defeated team rocket and rival. Then defeated the two gyms there.
  • flew back to Cinnabar, defeated Blain and am now on one island.

Pokemon are now:

Hypno lvl 50 Calm f
Confusion
Hypnosis
Headbutt
Psycic

Arbok lvl 50 Adamant m
Strength
Acid
Dig
Glare

Kingler lvl 50 Mild f
Stomp
Water Pulse
Guillotine
Surf

Golem lvl 51 Adamant f
Mega Punch
Rollout
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Weezing lvl 50 Modest f
Sludge
Shock wave
Smog
Explosion

Venomoth lvl 50 Bold f
Psybeam
Leech Life
Psycic
Sleep Powder

Nearly there will post when completed!
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:04 PM
hmvv

Finally completed the Challenge by beating the elite four, Arbok proved pretty much useless as expected lol.

Team at end:

Hypno lvl 57 f Calm
Future sight
Psychic
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Golem lvl 58 f Adamant
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Rollout
Rock slide

Arbok lvl 56 m Adamant
Strength
Acid
Earthquake
Glare

Kingler lvl 57 f Mild
Return
Ice Beam
Guillotine
Surf

Weezing lvl 57 f Modest
Sludge
Shock wave
Toxic
Thunderbolt

Venomoth lvl 57 f Bold
Psybeam
Silver wind
Psychic
Sleep powder

was a fun game, as it was a team i definatly wouldnt of chosen therefore giving a different dynamic. Will try challenge again on Emerald soon. Thanks
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links