The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
State your favorites and least favorites out of the revealed ones so far. And remember to give an explanation for your opinion, without being rude to others.

If you feel like discussing more in-depth about this feature in the new generation of pokémon, go to this thread instead! This is just for picking favorites or least favorites.

I'll try to list them in the post here rather than make a poll (since there might be more soon and I don't feel like editing a poll).

Last edited by adventure; October 2nd, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Esper

It's easily Mawile for me. They got what I think is a perfect blend of Making-It-Look-New and Not-Overdoing-It. For comparison, Lucario is way too much and Charizard is too much the same as it was. Plus I dig the three-color palette they used.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Tough choice, torn between Mawile & Blastoise. I think due to it having the most change from it's previous evolution I'm going to go with Mawile, it was already one of my favorites but it just looks that much more awesome now.

Old September 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Ayselipera

Really the only two I'm looking forward to are Mawile's and Absol's. I think they're the only two that look decent enough and were in need of some sort of evolution, upgrade, whatever etc. Although at the same time I'm kind of disappointed, mainly for Mawile because it's one of my favorite Pokemon and yes it desperately needed an evolution, but instead it got an evolution that it can only be in battle. Which sucks since I think it's mega evolution looks great, but whatever at least it got something honestly.

I never use legendaries so I could care less about Mewtwo's mega evolution. It looks okay to me though. Nothing too crazy about it really.

The mega evolutions for the Kanto starters and for Ampharos are okay. Although Ampharos does look a little silly. The only one I'd want to use is Venusaur since it's my favorite starter, but I'm not that crazy about it!!!

Anyway my least favorites are Lucario, Blaziken, and I don't even really know what to make of Kangaskhan lol. I've never liked Lucario to begin with and the new mega evolution I think only made it worse for me. As for Blaziken I just don't see the "coolness" I guess. Idk it's sad because I really love Blaziken as is anyway. :(

Anyway my condensed version of favorites to least...
- Mawile
- Absol
- Venusaur
- Charizard
- Ampharos
- Blastoise
- Blaziken
- Lucario

-Mewtwo & Kangaskhan I don't really care about at all.
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
My favorite so far is probably Mega Blaziken. I am such a huge fan of Blaziken as it already is and the mega evolution that it received is absolutely amazing. It just looks so badass and the way the flames flow with the wind is astounding. I cannot wait to use this Pokemon.

I don't really have a least favorite because I like them all so much, but if I had to pick one I'd say Lucario because his design might be a little overboard but other than that I love them all <3

Old September 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Honestly? Probably Ampharos, but probably for reasons to do with nostalgia than anything else. I was a big fan of it when playing through Gen II, but it sort of fell out of favour when quicker, stronger Electric types came along in future games. But this Mega Evolution (and the very 80s hairstyle it's rocking!) it has should give it some edge, especially with the new typing.
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
adventure
trust your doctor

Nature: Naive
My favorite is MegaBlaziken. I loved using Blaziken in the Hoenn games, but I always had qualms about its looks... Those are gone with this form. MegaBlaziken looks amazing, it looks as it should have looked from the beginning in order to be a truly cool pokémon.

Other than that, I appreciate what they did with MegaMawile :) It looks great imo. Not too overdone, and certainly not as puny as regular Mawile kind of does. Also MegaAbsol has wings! That is so nice, finally Absol gets an upgrade.

My least favorites are Venusaur and... Yeah. Venusaur. It just looks silly :( I usually like Venusaur and that whole line. But the little flower in the forehead? The slightly taller tree and li'l vines? They could have done so much more, like letting it grow together with the plant more or make the flower spread out or some cool leaves or make Venusaur get up on its hind legs upon evolution or something. This was so disappointing for me. I guess it's good that some people seem to like it though.

next, give us MegaWeavile and I'll fav it even more than I do :D
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Right now it's Charizard, by far. I love the more dragon-like motif. Then probably Venusaur. And then probably Mewtwo.
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Flippin' Mega Blastoise! That thing is awesome! Charizard looks really cool, too, but I think they could've done better with Venusaur.
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Mega Absol as it comes with wings

wings=best thing ever
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
God dang I knew they'd do Charizard next. That being said, it looks pretty sick so I'm gonna have to go with Charizard. Concept-wise, I think Kanghaskan's joey thing being able to battle is pretty awesome as well.
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Right now, my favorite two mega evolutions are Mega Absol and Mega Kangaskhan. I started using Absol quite a bit in both HeartGold and White 2, and was always disappointed that it didn't get an evolution. Granted, normal and mega evolutions are two different things, but I'm glad to see it wasn't forgot about in all of this.

As for Mega Kangaskhan, I think I'm more excited than anything that its baby finally does something other than just sit there (in fact, it gives us a whole extra attack). That being said, I don't know if it's quite Mega compared to the other thus far, but rather Kangaskhan and old enough to finally battle Kangaskhan. I'll take it, though.

NOW WHERE'S MY MEGAMEGANIUM AND MEGAYANMEGA?!
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Mega Mawile is my favorite. I used to have this Pokémon on my team in Pokémon Ruby, and was usually the first one to be sent out. I've always wanted this Pokémon to have an evolution, and imagined it to look something like this when it evolved. Charizard's also got a quite nice-looking MegaEvolution. Every time I see it, I'm immediately fooled into thinking that it's a dragon-type Pokémon.

Lucario's MegaEvolution has gotta be my least favorite. To me, it looks as if Lucario and Weavile were fused together. Haha.

Last edited by Endless; September 5th, 2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Gogoat Rocks!
GoGo Gogoat!

Nature: Timid
It's a toss between Mega Lucario, Mega Absol and Mega Charizard. their Epic.
the others are awesome though.

GO MEGA POKEMON!!!!!!

Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:39 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Right now, my favourite is probably Mega Blaziken because I always had a soft spot for the Torchic line.

That said, none of the designs are striking me as particularly amazing. There's too much flair being added to them. Ampharos has been turned into a laughing stock... Mawile is my favourite in terms of design though - it's got an even more badass thing to it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
My least favorites are Venusaur and... Yeah. Venusaur. It just looks silly I usually like Venusaur and that whole line. But the little flower in the forehead? The slightly taller tree and li'l vines? They could have done so much more, like letting it grow together with the plant more or make the flower spread out or some cool leaves or make Venusaur get up on its hind legs upon evolution or something. This was so disappointing for me. I guess it's good that some people seem to like it though.
Just in general, I thought the mega evos for Kanto were pretty lackluster and uninspired. Charizard's mega looks like the secret lovechild of Grovyle and Charizard. And def. agree: Venusaur was practically the same....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
As for Mega Kangaskhan, I think I'm more excited than anything that its baby finally does something other than just sit there (in fact, it gives us a whole extra attack). That being said, I don't know if it's quite Mega compared to the other thus far, but rather Kangaskhan and old enough to finally battle Kangaskhan. I'll take it, though.
Kangaskhan's is pretty cool too, but I just don't see it being used in my game I don't really rock the normal types much....

Deceased:

Old September 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid
Blaziken, Charizard, Mawile, Absol eeee. I am in love with these guys! Never liked Charizard before but his mega form is whoa.

Old September 5th, 2013, 10:39 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Blastoise and Ampharos are equally my most liked Mega pokes while Ampharos goes for the beauty, Blastoise looks like an Iron Man
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Calamitastrophe
Calam-whatever

Nature: Lax
Blastoise has my second favorite mega evolution. The first time I saw it, it reminded me of Rai's mech from Super Robot Taisen. Absol is first for me, since he's my favorite Pokemon.

I'm a little disappointed in Kangaskhan, though. It literally just took its baby out of its pouch.
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
My favorite would probably be Mega Absol, mainly because I've loved Absol right from the start. Mega Mawile is a close second, and imo Mega Kangaskhan would've probably been in my top three but like Calamitastrophe said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamitastrophe View Post
I'm a little disappointed in Kangaskhan, though. It literally just took its baby out of its pouch.
I do like the fact that the joey can actually battle, though!

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old September 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM
GreenGuy16

Nature: Lax
My favorite is the Mega Blastoise, but what I really want to see is a mega Tyrannitar, it could be burlier, possibly have wings, or make it's head frill a bit more regal looking. It would look awesome, and be pretty OP!
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
At the moment I'm most loving mega Blastoise. It's a shame that his attacks are still fired from his mouth despite him having three huge cannons (even Hydro Cannon seemed to be in the trailer?), but his design is great enough to make up for it. I also like Absol and Kangaskhan's mega forms, but Blastoise wins.
Old September 9th, 2013, 08:24 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
Top 5: Starting with most favorite
1. Venusaur, 2. Mawile, 3. Charizard, 4. Ampharos, 5. Mewtwo

Bottom 5: Starting with least favorite
1. Lucario, 2. Blastoise, 3. Kangaskan, 4. Absol, 5. Blazekin

Venusaur's evolution has a very tasteful addition of it's more intricate jungle foliage design. Mawile and Charizard, similarly, feel the same, yet enhanced. The designs seem deliberate and purposeful rather than adding a extra bells and whistles aimlessly. Ampharos, this one is controversial. However, the hair is not a random addition, rather, it distinguishes Ampharos as a bearded Dragon, also tying in the sheep wool ancestry. Lastly, 'New'Two has an interesting horned-crown design, also the elongated and tapered head-tail, suits the intelligent enigmatic personality of Mewtwo.

Generally, for the ones I am not fond of, there seems to be many unnecessary tassels, odd color palettes, over-design, or just plain-old gauche designs in relation to the Kangaskan line.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Fighting Girl
Fighting Type Master

Nature: Brave
Mega Blaziken. Blaziken is my favourite starter Pokemon and when I saw its mega evolution I thought awesome. My favourite starter is even cooler now

Maylene is my favorite Gym Leader.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
My favorite would be MegaAbsol... she's fabulous...and now comes with freakin awesome wings! Meanwile, my least favorite of them all would be MegaKangaskhan...I really think they could've done more than getting the baby out of the pouch.
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:43 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
My favorite Mega Evolutions are Mawile, Blaziken, Blastoise, Absol, Mewtwo Y and Ampharos by design. By usefulness, I'd say Venusaur and Charizard.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links