Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page I Choose You! -The Starter Pokemon Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2013 (02:50 AM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
What are your thoughts on the newly revealed evolutions for the X&Y starters?

I love how good they all turned out, but I liked Froakie's one the best of the bunch. Makes me want to confirm they are doing a ninja theme with it, and Fennekin's was unexpected but pretty interesting concept as well, still hoping for a Fire/Psychic final evo. Chespin's one may look like a Grass-type Pignite at first, but it's really adorable and still hoping its final evo can save its fanbase. I like how interesting the starters have been getting lately so no wonder I warmed up to them quickly!
Old September 12th, 2013 (07:50 AM).
Moderator, BSCS

Nature: Modest
For the new members, welcome to the club! I look forward to seeing your thoughts and opinions about starter Pokemon and I hope you all become active members here! I will update the OP ASAP with all of the new members and their partner Pokemon.

As for my thoughts on the starter evolutions, I love them. GF could not have done a better job on any of them. Chespin's evo is a bit reminiscent of Pignite, but I adore him. He is by far my favorite and I think he is just the cutest thing ever! I was a bit surprised that Fennekin's evo was bipedal, but regardless that thing looks AWESOME. I cannot wait to see what the final evolution in that family looks like because I am thoroughly impressed so far. I was also really impressed with Froakie's evolution because I wasn't too fond of Froakie himself, but that evolution really makes me consider choosing him as a starter. Overall I'd give this bunch a 10/10
Old September 12th, 2013 (11:34 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Thoughts on the new starter evolutions, hmm! I adore Froakie's and it's completely changed my mind on disliking the little frog, Fennekin's is nice but unimaginative, and Chespin's is... I don't even know lmao. My favourite of the three is definitely Froakie's due to the "I'm a ninja frog and I'm going to destroy you" vibe it has going on and then it's Fennekin's but that one just looks like a female Lucario to me. Then Chespin's obviously took inspiration from Pignite and looks... unique! At first I thought "oh my god what have they done to my poor Chespin", but I've gotten used to it now and I'm liking it a tad more. It looks like a sweet cheerful Pokémon and although it's not what I'd hoped for in the line I can see some potential in it. I wonder what the final forms will be though; some of them seem obvious right now but Chespin especially has completely left me guessing.
Old September 12th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
Moderator, BSCS

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
Thoughts on the new starter evolutions, hmm! I adore Froakie's and it's completely changed my mind on disliking the little frog, Fennekin's is nice but unimaginative, and Chespin's is... I don't even know lmao. My favourite of the three is definitely Froakie's due to the "I'm a ninja frog and I'm going to destroy you" vibe it has going on and then it's Fennekin's but that one just looks like a female Lucario to me. Then Chespin's obviously took inspiration from Pignite and looks... unique! At first I thought "oh my god what have they done to my poor Chespin", but I've gotten used to it now and I'm liking it a tad more. It looks like a sweet cheerful Pokémon and although it's not what I'd hoped for in the line I can see some potential in it. I wonder what the final forms will be though; some of them seem obvious right now but Chespin especially has completely left me guessing.

Yeah, I can sorta picture the final evolutions for Froakie and Fennakin, but I have no idea whatsoever about Chespin's. Looking at it though and doing some thinking, I can possibly see it's final evolution looking something along the lines of Excadrill, but maybe Grass/Rock or Grass/Dark typed. However, that is just a guess because I can't think of anything else. Hopefully the final evolutions will be revealed soon because I don't think that I can wait any longer :D
Old September 12th, 2013 (02:11 PM).
don't lose hope.
Administrator, CS

Nature: Timid
What are your thoughts on the newly revealed evolutions for the X&Y starters?

:(((( I don't like Fennekin's form but Chespin's is definitely the worst. It's too round and fat.. way too Pignite-reminiscent. Froakie's evolution looks absolutely amazing, though! My boyfriend is considering picking Fennekin now so if he does that I might just go with Froakie instead, as I don't have very high hopes for Chespin's final form anymore.
Old September 13th, 2013 (03:06 AM).
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
Black dynamite - Ash is my real name (awesome right)? well i actually cop alot of pokemon jokes everytime i meet new people haha

treeco because leaf blade is awesome :D

i liked their initial look, but i was disapointed with chespin and fennekins evolve forms. froakie went from being my least favorite to my my most because i like where its evolutions are headed more. i'll have to see the final forms before i make up my mind on who to pick im really torn apart :/
chespin looks llike empoleon if it was a chestnut.
Old September 13th, 2013 (10:07 AM).
Moderator, BSCS

Quote originally posted by Black Dynamite:
Black dynamite - Ash is my real name (awesome right)? well i actually cop alot of pokemon jokes everytime i meet new people haha

treeco because leaf blade is awesome :D

i liked their initial look, but i was disapointed with chespin and fennekins evolve forms. froakie went from being my least favorite to my my most because i like where its evolutions are headed more. i'll have to see the final forms before i make up my mind on who to pick im really torn apart :/
chespin looks llike empoleon if it was a chestnut.

Welcome to the club, Ash! That is a really awesome name, haha. I bet you get a lot of attention from all of the Pokemon fans out there with a name like that. You should have picked Pikachu as a starter and it would have really been fitting ;D However, I love that you went with Treecko because he is amazing but then again, aren't all Hoenn starters? They are to me at least because that region is perfect and one of the main reasons is well....the starters are flawless. Anyways, enjoy your time in the club and I have updated the OP and added you and your little Treecko :D
Old October 3rd, 2013 (12:57 AM).
Moderator, BSCS

I have neglected this club lately because I have been so busy, but nevertheless I will post a new topic now.

Have you ever ditched your starter at the beginning of a game?
Old October 3rd, 2013 (01:12 AM).
adventure seeker
Moderator, CS

Nature: Naive
I have, yes. Because I deliberately wanted to make a team without a strong starter pokémon. It was a challenge I gave myself and it was pretty fun :3

mod of Roleplay Theatre and Pokémon General
paired with seeker, creator of Phoenix Rising
Old October 3rd, 2013 (01:39 AM).
Moderator, BSCS

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
I have, yes. Because I deliberately wanted to make a team without a strong starter pokémon. It was a challenge I gave myself and it was pretty fun :3
That is the reason that I have as well! I am currently playing Crystal and I decided before the first gym that I was going to ditch my starter Pokemon so I could see what it was like with more of a challenge. Needless to say, the first gym was much harder to beat but I was pretty pleased with that.
Old October 9th, 2013 (06:58 AM).
No need to worry!
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I didn't, because I think it's nice to train with my starter Pokemon.
Old October 9th, 2013 (09:59 AM).
Moderator, BSCS

Quote originally posted by Wind Heart:
I didn't, because I think it's nice to train with my starter Pokemon.

I think that this is the common opinion amongst Pokemon fans. I know it is much easier for me to develop an attachment to my starter Pokemon because it is with me from the very beginning so it automatically wins a spot in my heart and is hard to let go.

Anyways, I feel as if this topic doesn't warrant much discussion so I will post a new one. This topic will contain X&Y spoilers so feel free to not answer until after the release of the games. :]

New topic: Which of the newly revealed final starter evolutions is your favorite and why?

Spoiler:
Old October 25th, 2013 (12:42 AM).
No need to worry!
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Which of the newly revealed final starter evolutions is your favorite and why?
I think all of the revealed final starters are nice, but I like Greninja among them all because of its nicer design, looks agile, and it's fitting for ninja theme.
Old October 26th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
"Okay?" "Okay."

Username(nickname): Lauren

Partner(choose a starter from the list): Squirtle

Answer to current topic: The other two are cool, I'm not the biggest fan of Chesnaught and although fire/psychic type is cool for Delphox, I'm not a fan of it's design. My favourite out of them is Greninja. Might be a little biased because my favourite type is water, haha, but water/dark is so awesome! Especially Greninja's design, too. It looks as if it would be very elegant and speedy, which is probably why I like it so much.

userbar shop
credit

friend code: 1907-9622-5659
Old October 28th, 2013 (06:01 AM).
Water-type Champion

Nature: Calm
Username/Nickname:GryphusHUN
Partner: Squirtle
Answer to current topic:Well,well, Delphox is A-MA-ZING, like oh my God this pokemon is going to wreck everybody! Greninja is pretty well done I think that the Water/Dark typing is preeeetty cool. Chesnaught is great too I think that he/she is the best of the starters
Old October 28th, 2013 (06:45 AM).

Username: Headphonix
Partner: Snivy
Current Topic: To be honest i didn't like the 6th gen starters evolutions, maybe because i loved the 5th gen starters and expected too much from this new gen. But my favorite is Greninja.
Old October 28th, 2013 (09:50 PM).
A Scene In Between
Moderator, BSCS

Out of the three, my most favorite would have to be Chesnaught. It's got a huge-looking body, and the spikes on its back make it look pretty intimidating! Also, every time I take a look onto its face, I always see self-confidence, which is a nice touch. I currently have a Chesnaught on team in Pokémon Y, and with the help of it, I've been able to win a ton of online battles. Its Defense stat are gargantuan, which allows it to endure a bunch of physical attacks and stall your opponent. Not only that, but it also has a great Attack stat. Thanks to its Attack, it's able to take full advantage of all physical-based moves that it's got in its arsenal. If you utilize Chesnaught the right way, then your opponent will be having a very hard time trying to stop it. d: My second favorite is Greninja. They were planning to make this Pokémon ninja-like, and they've done a great job at it! Plus, it's pretty creative how it has its tongue wrapped around its neck, sort of like a scarf. Battling-wise, Greninja makes a great revenge killer, as it's got a very high Speed stat. Delphox—it's an all right Pokémon, but I'm just not a big fan of its design. If it looked more like a witch rather than a priestess, then it would have been a lot better, in my opinion.
Old October 29th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

I'll answer two topics so I can catch up. lol so many distractions lately :O

Nope, I'm a trainer who always keeps starters by their side because they are my true partner and the Pokemon you bond with the most on your journey. And I love how strong they are as well.

Greninja baby! I've been on Team Froakie ever since the mid-stage evos were revealed. Plus I love his Dark-type (which is a nice change) and the whole ninja motif to the line. Can't wait to use him when I get my X and Y games!
Old October 31st, 2013 (07:24 AM). Edited October 31st, 2013 by Chase.
Moderator, BSCS

I have updated the original post with the new members and I will have a new topic for everyone to discuss!

Quote originally posted by xVaporeon:
Username(nickname): Lauren

Partner(choose a starter from the list): Squirtle

Answer to current topic: The other two are cool, I'm not the biggest fan of Chesnaught and although fire/psychic type is cool for Delphox, I'm not a fan of it's design. My favourite out of them is Greninja. Might be a little biased because my favourite type is water, haha, but water/dark is so awesome! Especially Greninja's design, too. It looks as if it would be very elegant and speedy, which is probably why I like it so much.

Welcome to the club! I kinda agree with you about Greninja. While I love Chesnaught a lot, I know that Greninja seems to be the fan favorite and for good reason. It has a great movepool, excellent tying, and one of the best hidden abilities in the game, Protean, which makes every move STAB.

Quote originally posted by GryphusHUN:
Username/Nickname:GryphusHUN
Partner: Squirtle
Answer to current topic:Well,well, Delphox is A-MA-ZING, like oh my God this pokemon is going to wreck everybody! Greninja is pretty well done I think that the Water/Dark typing is preeeetty cool. Chesnaught is great too I think that he/she is the best of the starters
Welcome to the club as well! I hope you have fun and I look forward to your posts! I agree with you on every aspect. I think Chesnaught is astounding on every level. I used one of my first playthrough and it certainly did not disappoint. He was powerful and helped sweep everyone despite having a hindering nature. While his movepool is a bit weak, I still feel like his design and power more than makes up for that!

Quote originally posted by Headphonix:
Username: Headphonix
Partner: Snivy
Current Topic: To be honest i didn't like the 6th gen starters evolutions, maybe because i loved the 5th gen starters and expected too much from this new gen. But my favorite is Greninja.

Snivy is a great partner! He is so sneaky and snarky, but I love it. What about the 5th gen starters stood out to you that made them so great?

Anyways, onward with a new topic!

For those of you who played X&Y or are playing it, which Kanto starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?
Old October 31st, 2013 (06:15 PM). Edited November 1st, 2013 by Isoto.

Username: Isoto

Partner: Charmander (I like the other starters, but there is something magical about your first ever Pokemon that reminds you of your childhood )

Current topic: Charmander was my starter. Everytime I play through a new Gen I always go with the fire starter. Now as far as the Mega evolution, I have yet to make it to that point but from what I've seen so far, it shouldn't dissapoint.

EDIT: I need to work on my reading skills
Old October 31st, 2013 (10:55 PM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Username: KagamiChan
Partner: Chikorita
Current topic:
Unfortunately, I am unable to play X/Y so I really don't know what to answer here xD
I'd probably choose Bulbasaur or Charmander if I played the games. It would most likely depend on my mood at the time xD

"Have you seen my bear Tibbers?"
Old November 1st, 2013 (12:11 PM).

which Kanto Starter did you choose and were you impressed with it's mega evolution?
Charmander, and yes! I love my Mega Charizard Y. I like Charizard X as well but... That "mustache"... >.> Charizard Y sprite it's way better than the other.
Old November 5th, 2013 (08:18 PM).
Moderator, BSCS

Welcome to the club guys! Both of you picked partner Pokemon that I adore so much <3 I especially love to see people pick Chikorita because it is such an under-appreciated starter and never gets the love that it deserves.

As for me in regards to the current topic, I chose Charmander because I wanted to use Mega Charizard X. I can say that I was very impressed with this choice and I would definitely do it again. It is such a powerful Mega Evolution that simply destroyed everything in battle. Between it and Mega Blaziken I was very happy in terms of my starter Pokemon. I was kinda disappointed that not all Hoenn Pokemon got a mega evolution though. Did you guys have a starter that you thought should have gotten one but didn't?
Old November 5th, 2013 (09:05 PM).

Username(nickname): Florges (Nikki)
Partner(choose a starter from the list): Fennekin (Esme)
Answer to current topic: I chose Squirtle, who is my favorite in Gen I. I didn't really care for it's mega evolution, nor do I care for megas in general. Did he same my butt at times? Yes, but at the same time I didn't really care for it.

A kingdom of isolation, and it looks like I’m the queen.
egc - tumblr
Old November 6th, 2013 (07:04 AM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Michonne:
I only ever did it when I played challenges that didn't allow my starter to be used >.<
Like a bug monotype or a normal monotype xD

Quote originally posted by Michonne:
I especially love to see people pick Chikorita because it is such an under-appreciated starter and never gets the love that it deserves.
I know Q.Q
The only time I ever EV trained a team, in SoulSilver, my Meganium (Chibi) was incredibly awesome <3 She was bulky enough to set up Reflect and Light Screen and well, a lot of times she'd just go through entire trainer battles without switching out. She made a decent dual-screener and well, she also learns my favorite grass-type move, Petal Dance *-*
I mean, sure, grass types got tons of weaknesses, but Chikorita's line is too awesome not to be used <3

"Have you seen my bear Tibbers?"
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)