The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted December 15th, 2013 (07:12 PM).
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

I've been into pokemon for over a decade, first pokemon game I ever owned was Silver. Now being 24 I still feel like a kid so I never see myself stop playing pokemon. So I say your never to old to play pokemon.

Old Posted December 18th, 2013 (09:20 AM).
Vulk
Secret Trainer

Nature: Modest
Well, I started to play pokemon since its first release (when I stole my older bro's Gameboy XD), and if Pokémon keep on going further, I will play no matter what. Even my grandpa plays Pokémon, and he is 65 years old. So, you never are too old to play Pokémon, The maximun age is Arceus's.

Old Posted December 18th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
krisags87

Nature: Timid
I'm 26 and still play pokemon. People who think it's childish suck!!!
Old Posted December 18th, 2013 (09:37 AM).
Cobber

I'm 24 and I still play. I probably never stop playing Lol.
Old Posted December 18th, 2013 (10:45 AM).
dscottobrien1

AZ is over 3,000 years old and he loves Pokémon...nuff said
Old Posted December 18th, 2013 (10:58 AM).
Cobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottobrien1 View Post
AZ is over 3,000 years old and he loves Pokémon...nuff said
Ha! That's just so awesome!
Old Posted December 23rd, 2013 (05:33 AM).
iamDye
Lin Lao/Ayame

I'm in my 20's and I've been playing the Pokemon games since I was in elementary school. I do admit that I stopped watching the show. However, I still love Pokemon and always will. My co-workers at work know I love Pokemon and they think it's funny. I'm not bothered by it at all. It just shows everyone that I really like Pokemon and that nothing will ever break that bond. Pokemon rocks!

Ampharos is my king.
Gardevoir is my queen.
You know the rest!

3DS FC: 0877-1405-3860
Please PM me if you add my FC. I'll add you then~
Old Posted December 23rd, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I thought I would be too old at 16 when I was younger, so now I don't really care how old a person should be to like Pokemon.
Old Posted December 24th, 2013 (08:19 AM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

I remember someone saying to me that I was too old for Pokemon at age 15. Really, I don't care, I'm 23 and still playing. You're never too old for it.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old Posted December 24th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
"Why do you play Pokemon" the same reason you're watching adventure time at 20 years old.

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old Posted December 24th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
Elysieum
Ely.

Nature: Careful
I think Pokemon became unfashionable for me around age 13. Globally I think the decline happened around Gen III, but for me there was that unnecessary undertone of shame when I played the games around Gen IV. Everyone else was onto other things that were deemed more mature. Now I think it's bigger than ever - there is no cut off age anymore.
Old Posted December 25th, 2013 (10:30 PM).
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSabin Bubblun View Post
I remember someone saying to me that I was too old for Pokemon at age 15. Really, I don't care, I'm 23 and still playing. You're never too old for it.
Yeah, in late elementary school (for me, 2004-2006) Pokemon was getting unfashionable and I hid the fact that I liked it. This all came to a head in 2006 or so, when my dad said I was too old for it (after seeing me play Pichu on Super Smash Bros. Melee), and I gave up the cards and the show. I got Pearl, but lost interest in the games in general shortly after (although I'd pick them up again starting in 2008).

I'm 19 and in college now, and it's not really stigmatized anymore. Either you have fond memories but aren't interested anymore, you still love it, or you just don't care. Respect all around.

I will say that I find it a little odd to get into Pokemon at an older age when you were a kid during its popularity, but I have friends like that (one's my age and he didn't start until Gen IV) and I'm not going to deny him his dignity in his pursuit of becoming a Pokemon Master or whatever.
Old Posted December 25th, 2013 (11:39 PM).
KittenKoder
I Am No One Else

Nature: Calm
I love posting in this thread because I just turned 39 years old.

You're too old when you can no longer see the console well enough to tap the buttons.

Join me on IRC, synirc.net #PokemonTactics, for friendly discussions on tactics and strategies.
Old Posted December 28th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
Symbiosis
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I started playing pokemon in 1999. I am Turning 20 years old and still playing. There was a point in my life that I quit pokemon for about a year due to peers and thinking it was childish...but u never too old for pokemon

Windows 8.1 64 Bit | 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

☆Current Pre Ordered Games: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro Edition-PS4-11/3/2014-$119.99 | WWE 2K15 Hukkamania Edition-PS4-11/18/2014-$99.99 | GTA V-PS4-11/18/2014-$59.99 | Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Pokemon Omega Ruby-Nintendo 3DS-11/21/2014-$39.99 Each | Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition-PS4-3/31/2015 - $69.99

Old Posted December 28th, 2013 (05:34 PM).
Creme

Nature: Mild
I've never been told that I was 'too old' for any of the games that I play, but there's actually a resident in the nursing home where my Mom works that plays pokemon on the gameboy. She's around 60 years old and suffers from dementia, but apparently pokemon is one of the few things that she remembers with no trouble at all.

I thought that was absolutely heartwarming. (:
Old Posted December 30th, 2013 (04:38 PM).
White Raven
Working on The Mysterious Meteorite

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
Grade six? Lucky.
Well... for me it was in Grade 5. Grade 4 if you count a teacher.
After the Heartgold and Soulsilver era, I was the last Pokemon Trainer in my grade (about 60 people). so I went online to satisfy my otaku needs.

BTW my parents never supported me when I play pokemon. they let me, but don't support me.
Old Posted January 4th, 2014 (11:54 AM).
Magikarp From Hell

You're never too old. I started becoming a fan when it first came on TV and on GBC in my country. I was about 8. Why should it be for kids only? I grew up on this. Anyone who grew up with the first gens have past 20. It's not like you're addicted to it, it's just an interest, a hobby. I also look at it on an educational level, because I'm a visual artist in the making.

Damn, when we play a drinking game, we sometimes have to name up one of the original 150 and when you're out of names you'll have to take a shot.

It's just an anime/ game franchise. Some people don't understand anime and will compare it to some childish cartoon.
I don't like the series, I just like the games really.

And even if it was, screw them, right? :D

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Old Posted January 5th, 2014 (09:21 AM). Edited January 5th, 2014 by ToWriteLove.
ToWriteLove
On Her Arms

Nature: Gentle
Too old is when you stop enjoying that moment when you start anew with the next Generation/game. I have been playing since 96, Blue being my first, and am 21 now. If you give up something you enjoy just because you are a certain age, then you are not living your life, you're living society's life. That's how I see it anyways, I still attend college, I still plan on getting my Masters, I still plan on teaching once I graduate, playing Pokemon, or enjoying anything at that matter, won't deviate my life style or choices.

Just my two cents.
Old Posted January 6th, 2014 (09:23 AM).
TheShiningStarlette
The Pikachu Master

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to TheShiningStarlette
I am considered old at 5 years old.

Parents dese days...
Old Posted January 6th, 2014 (01:37 PM).
Thatcher

Nature: Lax
I've been surrounded by friends and family who lost interest in Pokemon when they reached 16-17 years old (at max). They perceived people who still enjoyed Pokemon at 18+ years as childish, and it's fine by me. I never really gave it too much attention. I lost interest in it myself for a few years but got back to it recently; not because I grew out of it, but because of life.

I doubt I will stop enjoying Pokemon anytime soon.
Old Posted January 6th, 2014 (03:01 PM).
ObnoxiousOboe
The Musical Psychic

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ObnoxiousOboe
Dude, I'm in college, and I know at least a few people who still plays Pokémon.

Everyone has their right to be the very best. I hope everyone accomplishes that dream.
Old Posted January 6th, 2014 (09:48 PM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
No age is too old to like Pokemon, in my opinion.
Old Posted January 7th, 2014 (12:10 AM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
*Sees first post, laughs* Don't worry pal, when I was in 3rd grade people used to say that I was too old for pokemon. Have I stopped no? In fact I'll play pokemon right till the end of my days. If possible I'll have myself buried holding the newest pokemon game. Amost all my friends a least know about pokemon and it's primarily the reason why I have so many friends.
Old Posted January 8th, 2014 (01:05 PM).
markko

Hey I started playing Pokemon games when I was 13
Old Posted January 8th, 2014 (01:31 PM).
darkredwing

Nature: Quiet
There's no such thing as being 'too old' you simply lose interest is all. If you're 70 years old and Pokemon still interests you, go for it. This applies to anything people are into, I mean you don't out grow sports or music why should you out grow your other hobbies.

For the record I've been playing since I was 8, I had a Japanese exchange student when I was in elementary and he had actually introduced the whole school to the games and tcg before it was released in America.

3Ds Friend code: 1778-9934-1564. Let me know and I'll add you back.
Grass Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck and Gogoat.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links