The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:11 PM
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Cad Varnish, Mercenary Extraordinaire
Consider Me Yours
Cad's jaw dropped as he was handed the insanely valuable gems. "W-Well, if the pay is like this, I may consider making it a career!" He grinned and pocketed the substantial paycheck. He looked to Calci and nodded. "I'd say that we could train some civilians to be soldiers." He began to stroke his chin thoughtfully. "I can handle the fighting part." A small chuckle escaped his lips. "Sure, you can handle yourself in a fight, but you didn't do much frontline fighting from what I remember. You can teach them about discipline and sieges and what-not." Cad laughed heartily. "The two of us will be an unstoppable combination!"

When Ura told them to get aboard the dingy ice raft, Cad scoffed. "Are you kidding me! That thing couldn't hold anything up!" Of course, he was proved wrong. The four men climbed aboard the icey raft and it held them afloat with no problem. Cad muttered as he began to row. "Damn magic powers...Why can't we have gotten a guy with the ability to manipulate wood?"
__________________
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Quto's Avatar
Quto
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ill never tell.
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Ura laughed as Cad wished for a wood user and he sighed. "We'll buy an airship when we reach Yovo; right now we need to make our way to the festival. Your on my payroll so I don't know why your complaining." Talos rowed until he spots the shore. "Are we near Yovo already?" Ura glanced over and nodded. "I think so..." the men reached the shore as they pushed off the ice raft out into the ocean. Ura chuckled a little as he sat back against the sand. "We'll rest here for the evening. Talos, Calci, see if you can find some firewood." The two men nodded as they walked off along the road. Talos looked over at Calci with a short smile. "So... What's diligent like?" Calci smiled a little and sighed. "Well, warm beds in what you call a mansion. If you work for the guard, you sleep in the barracks. Kar's king sought to keep our families in good health and insured we were cared for." Talos chuckled a little and held both of his hands behind his head. "Anything you don't like about Diligent?" "Pardon?" "I mean, any part of your old country you disliked? Twan for example; I have a warm home and work towards my own education, though I dislike the costs they demand for college and bandits tend to raid smaller cities." Calci stopped and started picking up a few dead branches off the ground. "Well, I don't like how Sharrel acts independently, even during our wartime when we could use their resources. Some of the border guards can be unforgiving and I wouldn't mind to have electric lights setup in some sections of the castle besides relying on candle and torch... I mean, we have electricity, just not as proficient as your countries." The two men gather a few bundles of wood under each arm as they walk out. "Sorry about your king, sounds like he was important to you." "He was... How do you think Ura knows so much?" Talos glances over at Calci "Knows?" Calci looked towards the ground. "When he broke me from the dungeon in Kar. He insisted on coming to Twan and make our way to Jivet. He contacted Cad and somehow knew you were coming. Even if he picked up rumors based on your book and powers, he knew you were coming, he even knew about the bandit's attack on Jivet. Now he decides to come to Yovo... Don't you think he's a little too omniscient to the task at hand? More over, what does he have to gain by looking for other victims such as yourself?" Talos glanced back towards the beach and back to Calci. "...We'll talk about this later after we gather a few others to get Ura confident enough to attack Ovan."

As the men walked over and placed the firewood, Ura began using a flint to start the fire. "Cad, You can take fir-" Ura paused as he looks out over the ocean to see a young women walking on platforms of light, hopping from one as another reforms. Talos looks over in Ura's direction, the eye holes in his mask seem to dim a little as he turns to face the direction of the woman. "Is it another book carrier?" Ura nodded "It looks like it, an old one too.
__________________

Last edited by Quto; September 17th, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Nate's Avatar
Nate
Evil Cute Thing
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North East England
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
If I had a say in the travelling arangements, I would have gone by boat. Taking a blimp is just too gaudy and simply sickening. From great hights there are consequences, such as smaller space, and small rooms. I have to share with Dionne. Me and Kitty flipped a coin for it. She's that bad.

It takes a while before we all arrive in Yovo. The peaceful country definately earns it's reputation with it's green leaves, and calm wind. We are in Kuva, the capital. Aparently there is preparation for a harvest festival, however I fear that this festival may not be so much fun. I almost feel sorry as I think the future. I've always enjoyed festivals, something to do, have fun, dance. I think Kitty would agree with me when I say, let's make this one a silent one. We have several hours untill the festival however, so I don't exactly have much to worry about. Michael is researching guard patrol right now, and Dionne is investigating the King of Hummo, Calcier. Cool name.

Since me and Kitty have nothing to do, we take ourselves down to the beach. He only ever talks around me, so we manage to have a decent conversation about steam engineering, considering no genius has come up with a better plan of power yet. The stroll takes us to the edge of the oceon. A sight to see too be sure. I sit down on the beach. The sand is warm as I scoop it through my hands. I love moments like this when I can just be myself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM
optionalpirate's Avatar
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaMuerte View Post
Iziel Arias
I will man the stand tomorrow.
ooc: Mwhahahahaha.... >:-)

Tristan scampered off with the flyer tucked next to his book. Funny, his book? Well it had been a.... You know, this was the first real gift he had gotten. He laughed as he hopped into an alley, wiping his face to become someone else. He sat down behind some garbage and pulled out the book. He opened the first blank page and tucked the flyer inside, then turned it to start reading. He was gifted at reading, but never been told so. But the first page stopped him from reading any further. The first thing on the page was a well drawn picture of him and the tall man. Under that were words describing everything that had happened. Well then.... He closed the book and curled up, nestling it between his chest and his legs. Then he lay his face on his knees and sat there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old September 17th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
SHIRO
The Heavenly Quiet Protector


Shores of Yovo
x
CHAPTER I,
Part II:


"Chasing a Rumor"
.


Shiro paused on her shield when she saw the group arriving on the shores of Yovo. Looks like I didn't have to leave my homeland for very long... I wonder why they would come here... She chose to arc her route towards another part of the shore, and watch them and their actions from the darkness of the night. She headed back toward where she saw them heading, and after a few shield-hops upward, she began shifting from tree to tree, until she could see the group in front of a fire. She settled herself in the branches, peering through the tiny opening of leaves and straining her ears to overhear their conversation.

__________________



*
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old September 19th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Quto's Avatar
Quto
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ill never tell.
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Ura sighed as she vanished from sight. "Ura?" He shook his head and picked up where he trailed off. "Cad, take the first watch, Talos, stay up with hi8m as apart of your training exercise, were heading into the village ceremony first light. When we get there, we need to find other book owners here on Yovo to increase our numbers. Once that's done, I['ll tell you all I know on the cursed books and the power you as individuals posses. We'll even storm into Diligent and take down Ovan before he has a chance to take any of us down.."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:06 AM
Lokiepie's Avatar
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK, North West
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky

Skye Miller


Skye rounded a corner, looking up at one of the large blimp as it bobbed quietly against its restraints. The large form an un-startling grey loomed over one of the docking bays with a presence of promise as workers scurried to and fro with its cargo bays, faces strained with effort as the over seer bellowed commands from the side lines.

Stopping and leaning against a pink stoned building, Skye watched with a bemused expression. It was her first day in this city of Wettle. Her mother had fallen ill over the past few months and in an effort to free her from her aliments her father had rented a property here and uprooted everyone from their lives. Of course Skye understood his motives. Wettle was known for its medical leaps but regardless a small slither of resent shone within her.

The decision had been rushed and she was not counselled about it either. No, instead she found out by waking up one morning to find her father at the door waiting for her. He had kissed her on the forehead and handed her a letter, before quickly hurrying away, the door slamming behind him. The letter detailed everything. Dates as to when her and her mother would move, travel arrangements as well as the living and staff arrangements.

Bill’s name shone in wet ink under the list of names to stay in Hummo and care for the house in their absence, much to Skye’s horror. She had relayed on that boy for many years now. He was the only one whom she felt comfortable enough to be herself around. A friend. A real one. Not like Sophie Barrizel, Mary Surrel or Millie Swallow. No, they were all sweet faces and kind words on the cover, but beneath that perfectly painted white skin lay ugly creatures, twisted with wealth and superiority from birth.

So now she stood on the mountain docks of Wettle, watching quietly from the shade of an alleyway with a determined look about her. It had only taken two days to travel to the city, switching from car to blimp half way through, but that had been enough time with her mother for Skye to be driven mad.

Her mother was considered a kind lady at heart, one of beauty and status though common sense and brains seemed to have missed her mother’s list of characteristics. She had drilled Skye on appearance and the bachelors Skye was going to have to try and ensnare while staying Wettle, completely ignoring what really mattered.

Turmoil seeped through higher circles of Diligent like a plague. The King and Queen of Kar had been killed and as a result many quiet whispers traded tongues and slipped through sealed lips. There was talk of betrayal, of more war and assassination.

Skye had tried to approach the subject with her mother but all she got was stern looks in reply.
“We will not discuss such matters!” Her mother would spit, adjusting her position in her seat as the carriage jutted uncomfortably. “What does matter is that the Prince is the heir to the throne and has yet to wed!”

Her father also seemed blind to what was happening in the country too worried about his wife’s well being.

“At least the man has heart.” Skye said, repeating Bill’s own words to her. They had been the last thing he had said to her before he helped her up into the car.

******

Skye pushed herself away from the pink stone now and moved forward towards the blimp, the gentle click of her heels and cane echoing off the cobbles in a pleasant manner. The stroll around the city which was built into the mountains side had proved an interesting one. Coves and small shops in abundance just like her father had promised. But alas, it was not enough and this was her chance.
She was not stopped in her approach the large air ship, putting on a dreamy eyed expression which so many of the upper class girls used. In response, the guards had just smiled at her and let her pass. She had thanked them of course, making sure to add a flirtatious giggle at the end to seal the deal before she moved to where the heavy lifters bundled their cargo.

Locating the over seer was easy. He was a large, well-built man with broad shoulders and a loud red hair. He was mid shout, when he spotted Skye, edging around the workers towards him. He forced on a polite smile though his annoyance was clear in his eyes. He did not appreciate the presence of the upper classes right now.

“Good evening sir!” Skye beamed in a light voice. “How does the work go? These are certainly large boxes! Must be so hard for you and your men to move all of them.”

She smiled again here, making sure to tilt her head in such a way as to give the impression of innocence. Her long rose blond hair fell to one side in a gentle sweep and instantly the Over seers annoyance melted away. He was young enough for her charms to work at least.

“Not so hard for those who are strong, milady” He smiled now, and puffed up his chest.

“I can see that.” Skye replied, fluttering her eyes at the man and making sure to obviously admire the man’s muscles, in such away to make the man blush. “Though I was wondering if I could ask of your assistance.”

“Simply ask Milady.”

“Where is this ship bound? Do you know? I am always fascinated by this sort of thing.”

The over seer smiled and nodded.
“This is bound for Hummo Milady, then Sherrel and finally Kuva in Yovo.” The last of the destinations was spat with annoyance but the red haired returned to politeness when Skye smiled and offered him her hand.

“That is wonderful news! I was bound for Hummo but missed my departure!” She pouted here, but pushed on. “Would you be so kind as to take me to the captain? I would like to buy passage and I do believe I am lost.” She giggled at this time and forced a blush. Simpering and faking emotion was something she prided herself on.

The over seer again smiled and nodded, taking Skye’s arm and leading her towards her destination, with a large grin across his face.

*******

The captain did not ask many questions much to Skye’s delight and the fare on was well within her budget. She bid her farewell to the enamoured overseer with a peck on the cheek and then boarded the ship.
All was going to plan. She would soon arrive back in Hummo and resumed her studies. Her father would understand. She had left him a letter, just like he had done for her.
Well at least Skye thought it was all going to plan, though that all changed when she reached her room. Here she tripped and hit her head against her bed, knocking her out cold.
She did not awake until it was too late.


*****


She opened her eyes to the familiar shudder of the ship docking, while the shouts of crew echoed from beyond her window. They had arrived at what she assumed was Hummo.
Grumbling, Skye lifted herself from her bed. Her head spun painfully. Letting out a moan, she stood and cradled her head for a little while, until lurching up and reaching for her door. Outside in the corridor her fellow passengers where leaving too, crowding the narrow passage with luggage and oversized dresses.

Slipping into this stream of people, Skye stumbled off the ship and into the light with a hiss of pain. It was getting late. She could tell. But it barely seemed like time had passed. Confused she studied the position of the sun. Surely it should have moved. Her confusion deepened when suddenly she realised how hungry she was and in fact that she didn’t recognise the place she was in at all.
Stopping as she stepped off the boarding stairs to the blimp, she looked around with a dazed expression and on catching the eyes of a serving member whom approached her she asked about their location.

“Kuva, ma’m” The serving lad smiled then nodded. “Is that everything?”

“Kuva?” Skye gaped. “Kuva?!” Her voice lifted by an octave as her eyes widened with surprise. “How long since you left Wettle?”

“A Day mam.”

The trip should have only taken 4 hours from one city to the next and now she had completely skipped countries. A cold pit formed in her stomach as Skye continued to gap. The poor serving boy watched for a little while before slowly leaving to continue his work. Skye did not stop him. She was in too much shock for any conversation.

After a little while though, she came back to reality and approached the captain. He apologised and said that he would not be returning to Diligent anytime soon and in fact that his vessel was the last in for the night. He then left her, too busy with his ship to care too much.

Skye, feeling hallow, then made her way into town and found a small inn which was cheap enough. She did not take in her surrounds, her head still sore and the shock still pulsing through her system. She was aware that people were staring at her, it was her clothes of course, not many dressed like her in this place, but she did not care.

She ordered what she presumed would be pleasant enough food and settled at one of the inn’s tables where she then devolved into her bag and pulled out the book.
It was a dark book, leather bound and thick. The pages were yellowing and dry and exactly how she had been given it.

The dark Figure had said little and approached her on the day of her departure from Hummo. Skye had accepted blindly, excited by the opportunity. But she had not fully understood and when the Figure left as quickly as he had appeared she had studied the book. Much to her disappointment, all the pages had been blank and they had remained so up until now.

As when she opened the book, she found an image. It was small and incredibly detailed. It showed a girl, climbing onto a blimp and beneath it a large clump of text retold her story. In fact, she was able to find out how long she was exactly out for thanks to the text and so, with a furrowed brow, her accidental journey began.
__________________



(my replacement while a new sig is made )


Paired with :
gimmepie

Last edited by Lokiepie; September 21st, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:28 AM
Nate's Avatar
Nate
Evil Cute Thing
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North East England
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Nate

After a while we settle ourselves in the inn central of Kuva. It's a quiet place, but it's actually quite nice. Upon arriving the scene we see is many mixed characters, some young, some old, and a girl with clothes that almost match those you see in Dilligent these days. A very fine women sits, reading a leather book, which is almost similar to the book I keep in my bag. My crew take their leave, setting themselves up for the morning. Tommorrow we have to assasinate Calcifier or whatever his name is. I find I have nothing to do now.

Looking around the room the only source of interest I find is the curious book I previously gazed my eyes upon. The leather back represents that of my book, which has slowly been filling up with details of my life. It's a funny thing really.

I wander up to the girl and her fashionable wear and sit across the table from her. 'Sly,' is what I read from her.

"Hey there, what are you reading there m'lady?" I put on my best Yovo accent, but I think it's easy to tell it's a fake one. I chuckle and return to my usual squeaky voice.

"Your book, it's like mine. Fills up automatically, right?" I pray I'm not wrong, for that would just cause confusion and a awkwardness, but I sense inside of me I'm right. I feel right anyways. For proof, I pull off my bag and pull out my book. It's almost identical, apart from the small image that covers the front. Definitely similar. Funny thing is, I don't remember how I got my book, I remember running into the woods, then the full moon finding me, but my book states me tearing down a village. I'm not sure if that's just some old folklore, or a little introduction or something, or if it was actually me. I don't care much to be honest anyways, so I shall leave that thought be.

What's done is done, and only the future matters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:54 AM
Lokiepie's Avatar
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK, North West
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky

Skye Miller


Skye almost jumped when someone sat across from her. The very action it’s self was something she was not use to. Ladies would be approached first and introduced to the person first by a common acquaintance, not only that just people always ask before they sat down at least.

But then again, she was no longer in familiar territory and so she tried to ignore the breech in so many customs back home and placed a smile on her face. The boy whom sat across from her seemed a couple years younger than herself and wore clothes she was again not custom to seeing. He seemed pleasant enough however and she placed her book down to study the boy as he withdrew his own book and present it to her.

The leather binding was the same, in fact everything was the same, all bar the symbols which were embossed onto the cover.

Feeling her eyebrows arch, Skye nodded frantically. She felt tired, but this was the first time she was aware of someone else having the same thing as her.

“Your book, it's like mine. Fills up automatically, right?"

“Erm..Yes, yes it does!” Her voice squeaked automatically in surprise as she looked at the boy’s book. “you don’t happen to understand why do you? I was sorta given this thing and skipped the introduction course on how it works…” Here she pursed her lips in annoyance, mostly at herself. It was now down her own stupidity that she gotten into this mess. The first mistake had been ignoring what the figure had said to her, the second was running away.

It had been a stupid thing to do. Anything could happen and in these now unsettling times Skye felt that she had left home in the worst possible time.

Shaking her head, she forced herself to refocus on the ginger haired boy in front of her. She knew his accent did not fit in with the others in the room which struck her as odd, but then she was far away from home too.

It was just then however, that a rather plump female waitress came over with a bowl of vegetable stew. The smell met her nose in a warm embrace and with a smile, Skye thanked the woman.

The bowl was set down in front of her, just as a particularly large growl emitted from her stomach. Blushing now in genuine embarrassment, she glanced at the boy opposite.

“I do apologise. You don’t mind if I eat do you? I don’t want to seem rude. Would you care for anything? A drink perhaps?”

Manners were manners as her father would always say. And besides, she was rather glad to have some company in such a strange place.
__________________



(my replacement while a new sig is made )


Paired with :
gimmepie
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Cad Varnish, Mercenary Extraordinaire
I Used to be a General Like You...
Cad groaned in displeasure when Ura informed him that he had guard duty. "You have to be kidding me! I've been a soldier for over twenty years! I was the Commander-in-Chief for at least ten of those! I never lost a battle!" He began to list countless achievments and titles, "Yet you put me on GUARD DUTY?!" T'was truly a struggle for an ex-general to have to deal with this kind of crap. Cad sighed and shook his head. Come on. They're paying you a fortune. "Fine. I'll do the rookie's work. But I don't like it." He may have had an over-done ego, but he had a very good reason to have it! He put his blood, sweat, and tears into his line of work, and he was very good at it. Very good. He looked to Talos and nodded in acknowledgment. "Trust me kid, just stick with me, when I'm done with you, you'll be the second greatest warrior to ever exist!" It was obviously implied that Cad, himself, was the first greatest. "Now, what are your skills and abilities?" There was so much to assess, so much to hone, so much to make him eat!
__________________
"I'm not gonna die. Each one of you risked your lives to come to my rescue, and that's why I can't let you throw away your lives now, not for me, not again. I got this. Don't worry about me, babies."
-Space Dandy
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:22 AM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
SHIRO
The Heavenly Quiet Protector


Yovo Shore Campsite
x
CHAPTER I,
Part III:


"Chasing a Rumor"
.


After a few attempts at shifting into a better position, Shiro could finally relax, knowing she could sleep in this exact position if she needed to. Thankfully, they only just started to speak as she was refocusing on listening in.

"Ura? ... Cad, take the first watch, Talos, stay up with him as apart of your training exercise, we're heading into the village ceremony first light. When we get there, we need to find other book owners here on Yovo to increase our numbers. Once that's done, I'll tell you all I know on the cursed books and the power you as individuals posses. We'll even storm into Diligent and take down Ovan before he has a chance to take any of us down."

Intrigued, Shiro listened more closely. Unfortunately for her however, a new, rather obnoxious voice boomed instead of the mellow, information-heavy one.

"You have to be kidding me! I've been a soldier for over twenty years! I was the Commander-in-Chief for at least ten of those! I never lost a battle! Yet you put me on GUARD DUTY?! ... Fine. I'll do the rookie's work. But I don't like it. Trust me kid, just stick with me, when I'm done with you, you'll be the second greatest warrior to ever exist! Now, what are your skills and abilities?"

Shiro physically flinched at the brute voice that singed her delicate ears and she found herself immediately stopping her eavesdropping, taking a few moments to recover her hearing, she thought back to what she'd heard from the first voice. Ovan... That means... Her eyes gleamed in silent joy as she peered through the leaves and scanned the group. I've caught the rumored group out of sheer luck...! Shiro shrunk inward and pumped her arms toward herself in a minor victory cheer. Yes, yes, yes! Nearly slipping, Shiro had to fight every instinct that told her to scream and flail, and instead shifted her position and rebalanced herself on the hefty branch. She froze for a moment, wondering if maybe the rustling may have gotten her caught, but she figured if it had, she could just remain motionless and silent, and they would just assume it was an animal of some sort.

Shiro peered through the leaves, taking notice that it seemed like the group would be sleeping soon. Deciding she would have to sleep as well, she pondered how she would. If she slept in the tree, she might roll off and fall, and then they'd catch her and assume she's a spy or an assassin! She very carefully adjusted and moved toward the side of the tree facing away from the group. She pointed out her finger and spawned a bright shield out horizontally flat behind the tree. She hoped the light wouldn't be enough to grab the attention of the group, but after a few seconds, she realized that it would probably shine through the trees anyway. She heard something of a movement nearby, yelped in panic, and fell when her shield disappeared from under her.

__________________



*
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old September 22nd, 2013, 06:23 AM
Nate's Avatar
Nate
Evil Cute Thing
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North East England
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Nate

The girl's accent is similar to those of Hummo, and she's dressed rather fair to be from around here that my first impressions of her were rather welcoming, a small dose of home - metaphorically speaking. She asks me, "You don’t happen to understand why do you? I was sorta given this thing and skipped the introduction course on how it works…”

My response is pending, and I prepare to answer before a plump waiter puts down a bowl in front of the lady. I still haven't caught her name yet. She offers me something but I decline - at first anyways, as I remeber how awkward it feels eating in front of others. I order a fruit scone, and while I wait, I answer her question.

"Nope, I have no idea, but I have a feeling that we will meet others who do." There goes that assumptions thing. I have no idea where it come's from, but so far they've all been right. 'Sly' was what I got off the women. I hold out my hand for a shake.

"My name is Nate, I'm a member of a group called the full moon. Pleased to meet you..."

The last sentence is slightly slurred to indicate to her to carry it on with her name.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Quto's Avatar
Quto
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ill never tell.
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Talos looks to Cad and sighs. "My skills range in machines and close quarter combat. I can repair any device or vehicle if I have the right tools and materials. I can cook a little and have been practicing using fire arms since I've discovered my own power." Talos sits back underneath the tree as he took watch behind Cad. "I have some knowledge in survival and know how to handle crops. I can defend myself when I need to; except when facing much larger numb- OOF!" Shiro, having her sheild fail her fell from the tree above and landed over top of Talos; who was having a little trouble with moving as she sat in his lap. The sky began to light up a little; the first signs of dawn.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:03 AM
optionalpirate's Avatar
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Tristan shivered in the cold alley, and then the sun shone on his heart. Not literally, but the slight warmth woke him up. He stretched his legs a bit, then stood. If you'r a beggar, never stretch anything but your legs. Gives the appearance of weakness. He subconsciously prided himself on that. Ok, begging. Need water... Water, water, rain barrel! Tristan snuck over, rubbed some dirt on his face, then carefully applied the water to his cheeks. Cold!

Tristan shivered as he walked away. He made sure he was a good distance from the water barrel before stopping at a house. There he stopped and crawled up to the door. -Knock knock- "H-hello? Is an-ny one h-home? P-please, I need food for my b-brother!" He stuttered. The door flew open and an angry housewife came out, brandishing a rolling pin. "Likely!" She screeched, swinging her weapon at him.

So Tristan ran. The interesting thing was, that he ran fast. Really fast. Soon he had passed the water barrel and was on his way to town. Weird... He thought as he slowed down. He ducked in an alleyway and peered out around a corner. And it keeps getting weirder. That was a lot of people! And the smell... heavenly. Tristan leaned against the wall. I better get cleaned up if I want to walk around with out getting noticed over there. And so he did, also retrieving his shoes and slipping into them. Before he headed out, he checked the book. It had changed over the night. A lot. For one thing, the first page in a book that was always blank had developed a pocket for his flyer. Another was that it now had a new page, one with him running from a suspiciously familiar angry housewife.

Tucking the book under his shirt, he strolled into the light and slipped into the gathering crowds.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:51 PM
DLMuerte's Avatar
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Listening.
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Iziel Arias
Blimpless

"Get up!"

"'Ziel... it's so eaaaaarly..." Anton stretches and yawns.

"It's the break of dawn, and we need to get going." Arias grins. "I sent the food ahead."

"On a blimp?" The intern looks at Arias. He was rolled up in blankets on the floor. Arias had been as well... but he had a quilt to sleep on top of.

"Nope, drawn by horses and a paid man."

"So we catch up to them... on a blimp."

"Nope, we take a shortcut through the mountains."

"On a...?"

"No." Arias rolled his eyes. "Not a blimp. We're blimpless, so to speak."

"Blimpless is quite a strange word, huh?"

"Blimpless isn't a word." With this, Arias gets up, along with Anton and Mario, the intern. "We walk."

"We waaaaaalk?"

_________________

"Mario, grab that end! No, not that end! Mario... stop!" Arias barks instructions in the midway point on the way to the fair- simply because the wagon they were taking the soup on broke, and the cauldron fell on the floor- luckily, only a bit spilled and it stayed upright.

"So much for sending the food ahead." Anton shrugs. "Why didn't you send the cauldron?"

Arias sighs. "Because it could tip over and ruin everything." He takes the other side. "Mario, stop being such an annoyance and help us by at least directing us the right way?"

"Alright." Mario simply points as Arias struggles. But... this is a lot less heavy than I remember. Or rather, I'm stronger? I have been feeling stronger since I found that book... He grimaces to remember the name. Power Break, that's right. I brought it with me in my satchel, in case I do find the time to rea- Arias bumps into a tree.

"MARIO, STOP. STOP NOW." The intern looks dumbfounded. "Anton, put it down, too." He then physically directs each one to their respective place- however, this time, they're facing away from the cauldron. Mario stays silent, although he seems to have qualms about his back and also mutters something about other internships and rival restaurants and whatnot; Arias simply ignores this and doesn't have to do much, since they're looking where they need to go, anyways. Instead, he opens Power Break. It's a good time to read. But when he begins...

This is... this is everything that I've done in the past few days!

Erupting wide eyed and pale from the book, Iziel begins to quiver. "C-c-c'mon guys. Let's get going."

"You look like you've seen a ghost!"

"D-d-do I now?"
__________________


YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD

Last edited by DLMuerte; September 26th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:48 AM
optionalpirate's Avatar
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
It took all of Tristan's will to walk past the food.

Slowly but surely he passed the food vendors and began to walk through the other stalls, people selling soap and candles, honey and sweets, jewels and combs. It was spectacular. A soaking honey cake called out to him, begged him to buy it. Tristan would have, if he had money. Ah well, such is the life. His stomach rumbled. Turning into an alley, he ate his second scone, but it did little to fill him up. Coming back out, he headed to the food stalls.

Oh glord, that heavenly scent...

ooc: Tristan is waiting to find Arias' stall and try to steal acquire some food stuffs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:15 PM
DLMuerte's Avatar
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Listening.
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Iziel Arias


"Arias!"

"Y-yeah?"

"We're ready!"

"You damn well better be! In a few minutes, this place'll be swarming!"

"Yessir!"

The cauldron with the shark fin soup had already been simmering for a few minutes as Arias had finally given the command to open the stand, the smell wavering into the air as many people came in. "Hey look!" Mario jumped proudly. "It's the Raul Village stand! They're known for their weapons and tools, but I've heard they're in decline."

"...." Arias stared long and hard. In decline, huh... They were a few stands away. Damn. If my ancestors heard that, I'd be long dead.

"What's wrong, 'Ziel?"

"...Nothing. If you go to the Raul Village stand, don't give away any signs that you're with me."

"...Alright!" Mario hurried off.

"Anton, you stay with me, in case."

"In case what?"

"I don't know. In case something comes off. And remember, if I-"

"If anything happens, I get the restaurant, I get it."

"Good." Iziel had been even more worried after looking into the book. Power Break. It knows everything that's happened so far, and... He looked at it again. It absolutely writes itself. That's some new stuff, me coming to the festival, setting up... All new. It's like an innovation, but that's impossible, even with our technology that we have now... maybe it's superhuman? Magical, even. Iziel let out a soft chuckle. Magical, huh. But it isn't of much consequence, right? It's not like it's foretelling my death, anyways. I wonder what happens if I do enough to fill it? Yeah... that's probably not a bad idea!

As he began to holler for customers along with Anton, who passed out food, and Mario, who oogled at other stands, he knew what he was going to do with the book- but he had no idea what the book was going to do to him.
__________________


YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD

Last edited by DLMuerte; September 26th, 2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: PC glitched out on me ewe
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old September 27th, 2013, 03:12 PM
optionalpirate's Avatar
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Mmm. That soup smells so good... Tristan practically glided to Iziel's stand. When no one was looking, he took a sample with his clean finger. Hey, how'd that spoon get there? To late he reacted. Well, not really. He actually missed. The spoon hit the pot and landed on the table, making more noise than he liked.

Ooc: pretty good mobile post, if I do say so myself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old September 28th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
SHIRO
The Heavenly Quiet Protector


Yovo Shore Campsite
x
CHAPTER I,
Part IV:


"Chasing a Rumor"
.


"I have some knowledge in survival and know how to handle crops. I can defend myself when I need to; except when facing much larger numb- OOF!"

"S-sorry...!" Shiro mumbled as she quickly stood and took a backward leap, landing on a newly spawned shield a few feet off of the ground, sitting quietly with a look of defeat and embarrassment. "I..." She knew they would expect a reason for her appearance, the fact that she was watching them from the trees, but she knew speaking was not her strong suit. It looked like she'd have to speak anyway, so she pondered the right words. She sort of jumped back into attention when she realized she'd thought about it for several seconds, leaving a long and awkward silence. "Um..." She started, trying to think of the right words as she spoke. "I left on a rumor... I want to stop the war... I heard there was a group looking to do that, so I came searching..." She looked rather timid and startled at this point, forcing herself into an uncomfortable mindset that required her to speak to these people. "If you are the rumored group, I'd like to..." She felt herself fluster, and she fidgeted in place, forcing herself to keep going. "I... I would like to join..." She finally spat out, before closing her eyes and lowering her head as she waited for a response.

__________________



*
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old September 28th, 2013, 05:41 PM
DLMuerte's Avatar
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Listening.
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Iziel Arias
"Urchin!"


"Why you little street urchin, you-"

"Anton."

"I should make you-"

"Anton..."

"This is unacceptable of the youth of Yovo to even consider-"

"ANTON!"

Iziel glared at his assistant chef. "You're over reacting." Wiping off his clean white apron, he grabbed the thief from the back of the collar and looked him in the eyes. "Look, kid." They're not as heavy as I remember! "I don't care if you're giving me sil for that or not, but..." He picked up the ladle. "I'm going to need some form of payment. I've been in your shoes before, but still. I ain't dealing with someone who doesn't respect my food." He sighs. "You're going to help me with this stand. If you help me the entire day, you get some of the leftovers. Deal?"

"'Ziel, you're being to easy on 'im! Should turn him in or something."

"No reason to." You look at the kid. "...As long as you help me, of course. And if not..." His eyebrows furrowed inwards. "We're going to have some problems, okay?" He set him at the back of the booth. "Call for people to come here, and you get payment. Run off, you get squat."

Anton leaned over afterwards and whispered into Iziel's ear. "Doesn't that book that he has look like yours?" He was referring to the book that seemed to be in the possesion of the young man, now slightly visible.

"No... it seems like there's a different title, or at least from here." Iziel sighs. "I'll ask him later," he whispers back, before returning and serving some of the soup to the various people passing by, now that someone else had taken his job- gratefully. He wasn't happy about the circumstances, but you did what you needed to. Anton passed out burgers, as usual. And Mario was at some random stand.
__________________


YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Quto's Avatar
Quto
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ill never tell.
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Ura stands over her out of surprise as the sun dawns behind him slowly. "Looks like we won't be getting any sleep..." He replies to Cad and Calci who was yawning as Ura looked over at Shiro. Talos looked at Shiro and sighed. "It's not our decision to make, it's Ur-" "She can come aboard." Talos was cut off as he hovered over her, his mask twitching. "Though I should correct her, were not stopping a war, were stopping a villainous human being with a book that can cause a lot of trouble. Killing him however may stop the war; but it will be left up to Diligent and Twan to make peace before they buckle down to old habits; habits I hope our extra over here will learn from to become a better king to prevent it." Ura stated, staring at Calci. "Cad, take lead, we are heading west towards the village, we'll make our recruitment's and get some sleep."

As the group started left, Talos looked at Ura with a worried expression. "Well, we found another carrier, can you tell us anything about the books now?" Ura chuckles a little and remained silent. After walking a few feet he began to speak. "The books you carry were crafted by man. They originated from a city called Obelisk in the country of Cri, a continent far west of Yovo not recorded to your current maps." Talos was stunned to think there was more land out there than the three countries he currently knew, though Ura held up his hand. "When we gather more users, I'll tell your the rest of the story and history to your books."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old October 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM
optionalpirate's Avatar
optionalpirate
The GM's Daughter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
ooc: Ooooooooooooooo....

"Shark-fin soup! Fresh and hot!" Tristan yelled, his right hand cupped around his mouth. His other hand was waving frantically in the air. He knew he could run, but...

"Shark-fin soup!" He hollered again. Man, that had tasted good. Plus, this was the best offer he had gotten all week! Then again, he had been on a boat for part of that time. His stomach hurt just thinking about it. Well, hurt more than usual.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Lokiepie's Avatar
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK, North West
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky

Skye Miller


Skye gave another polite smile and put down her spoon with a gentle clink. Outstretching her hand, she grasped the boy’s in a hand shake Bill had shown her, for this sort of greeting was not carried out between gentleman and ladies, though regardless she found herself warming to the welcome, after all, not everything was in manners and position.

“Skye, Skye Miller” She grinned that smile of hers, allowing it to reach her eyes and warm her expression. It was a genuine sign of happiness and not one commonly seen on her face. Skye then unfurled her hands from the boy’s and placed her elbows on the table as she cradled her chin in one hand. “Do you really think we will meet others who are in the same situation as we are? As in all honestly, I was under the impression I had been the only one approached with this contract.”

She gave another smile and chuckled at herself for how silly she must sound. Of course it would not have only been her. Of course there were others. Other whom would understand what was happening better than her. She needed to meet them. that was a fact, but how she would find these people she did not know. Nate had found her after all, and that was through nothing but chance. Perhaps other encounters would be much the same?

“So Nate. What does the Group known as The Full Moon do exactly? Are you traders?” She asked out of innocence really, though the name did intrigued her slightly. Such a strange boy and so young too to be travelling by himself with a group. Perhaps they were traders or entertainer’s. But then as these possibilities trickled by, she found herself finding them less and less possible. There was something odd about the boy opposite her that she couldn’t quite put her finger on.
__________________



(my replacement while a new sig is made )


Paired with :
gimmepie
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Nate's Avatar
Nate
Evil Cute Thing
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North East England
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
“Do you really think we will meet others who are in the same situation as we are? As in all honestly, I was under the impression I had been the only one approached with this contract," Skye says with a dim posture, one used for friendly conversations. I think it's clear that I've put my point across, besides, so far all these little tingly predictions have been correct. I wouldn't tell her about my random chance future readings, for that may cause a few issues of abnormality, which of course I preferred not to cause, although I would definitely like to know why I get these feelings.

“So Nate. What does the Group known as The Full Moon do exactly? Are you traders?” The sentence makes me smile for an unknown reason. I would rather not tell her up front and say we are bottom line assassins, that also may cause trouble, and I feel I'll be seeing a lot of Skye that I don't want a false impression left. Perhaps something simple like, just a group of friends that travel together, but sometimes we do a bit of illegal trading - that way if I was ever to reveal my true identity it wouldn't be too much of a shock. I say the exact thing to her, however during the last sector of the sentence I lean forward for a whisper. I smile afterwards, letting her know it's a friendly gesture, and perhaps she may even take it as a joke. My innocent smile and squeaky voice is enough to let every bad thing about me pass by the window.

"Do you plan to stay for the festival, I wouldn't at all mind the company during the times. Besides, you look a bit lost here in Yovo. May I ask you something as well - do you perchance come from Hummo?" There goes my tingly predictions again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Dusk's Avatar
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Elysia
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
SHIRO
The Heavenly Quiet Protector


Yovo Shore Campsite
x
CHAPTER I,
Part V:


"Chasing a Rumor"
.


"Looks like we won't be getting any sleep..."

"It's not our decision to make, it's Ur-"

"She can come aboard. Though I should correct her, we're not stopping a war, were stopping a villainous human being with a book that can cause a lot of trouble. Killing him however may stop the war; but it will be left up to Diligent and Twan to make peace before they buckle down to old habits; habits I hope our extra over here will learn from to become a better king to prevent it. Cad, take lead, we are heading west towards the village, we'll make our recruitment's and get some sleep."

"Well, we found another carrier, can you tell us anything about the books now?"

"The books you carry were crafted by man. They originated from a city called Obelisk in the country of Cri, a continent far west of Yovo not recorded to your current maps. When we gather more users, I'll tell your the rest of the story and history to your books."

Shiro followed up behind the group, listening intently. So... That guy knows a lot about these books, and what's going on... And that guy is supposed to take the evil man's place as king...? Shiro was admittedly very curious, but her difficulty with speaking to others left her silent in the back of the group. She had so many questions, yet her own faults left her without answers. Still, she felt she had to introduce herself in some way. "M-my name is Shiro, I come from a small village on the west side of Yovo, and I can make shields like you saw before... I also have another book that lets me heal people..."

__________________



*
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.