The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet Need help on your technology problems, whether your computer is malfunctioning, or you need help removing a virus? Perhaps you also want to chill and talk about the internet as a whole, too! Looks like you've come to the right place then!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Cassino
Møderator

None. I find their devices to be unergonomic.

DA | YT | 'Be yourself' is the worst advice anyone around here will give you.
Old September 17th, 2013, 04:17 PM
A Bleu Sylveon
Sweet & Cuddly

Nature: Lonely
1.) iPod Touch 4 (Broken.)
2.) iPad Mini (Great Condition.)

I should post a picture of my broken iPod Touch!
Old September 18th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake

Nature: Hasty
I'm still trying to think of ways to make the most out of a 2011 MacBook Air (a 11" model, that is). Perhaps the Mac App Store is a good place to start

That's the only thing that I still have.
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:39 AM
ReeDim
Pokémusician (H4XH4X0R)

Nature: Relaxed
I no longer have any Apple products. I lost all the faith I had left in them when they sued Samsung over allegations that made no sense. I'm now borderline anti-Apple, after I broke away from the consumerists. Now, I also dislike Apple (Especially the iPhone) for their ridiculous prices and relatively bad quality. Seriously, 2013, and still conventional glass screens? I only know a few people who have an iPhone without some sort of cracked screen.
Old October 14th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all

Nature: Jolly
Never bought anything from Apple, I always find them a tad overpriced.
Old October 14th, 2013, 11:00 AM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Only an End 2009 iMac, Mid 2010 MacBook pro, and a somewhere 2012 Mac Mini.
But also, I've got 2 Apple Keyboards, 1 Magic Mouse, and 1 Magic TrackPad.

That's pretty much it, I don't like iOS, so I don't have any iPhone, iPad, or similar.
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
JalordaSerpent
You are my peace.

I have an iPod nano 3rd gen, iPod touch 4th gen, iPad 2, and iPhone 4 Rev. A. It's all about those bootROM exploits baby.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

Dad's got a totally cool MacBook Pro but it's not easy to use it. I also currently share an iPad with my bro but soon it's gonna become the whole family's. I'm not really keen on buying any more either xD. They're too costly for what they do.

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Antitryptic™
サトセレ

I have a 2013 iMac, a 2012 Macbook Air, an iPad 3, and an iPhone 5. I'm leaving the iPhone next year when my phone contract is up. Can't give up all my computers, though! But that's all I've got so far. :3

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
My Writer
Brock
Calem
Old October 22nd, 2013, 01:36 AM
Aurora2698
Unofficial Semicolon Queen

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora2698
I have an black iPhone 5, which I'm hopefully going to hop off soon, and a red 5th generation iPod touch which I weirdly adore - if I ever want to access a persistent internet connection, I just enable the personal hotspot on my iPhone. In the barracks, I have a 3rd generation iPod touch which is absolutely fried - it won't even turn on - and a 4th generation iPod touch which was misplaced a while ago; I haven't seen it for at least a year.

I dislike other Mac products and so make do with Microsoft and Google-syndicated products instead.

Last edited by Aurora2698; October 22nd, 2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Crystalanachrony
ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n

Nature: Hardy
I've got a black iPhone 4 and a late-2011 MacBook Pro. I actually put a screen protector on my phone so I could avoid the whole 'crack' issue, at least for a while. When this Mac breaks (which it hasn't just yet, despite several close shaves), I do think I'm going to switch over to a PC for my hardcore computing. (Maybe I'll keep an Air or something.) Never gonna give up the iPhones, though.

thank you for waiting!
we've restored your pokémon to full health.

dark monotypeart credit
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
I just have my white iPhone 4 with a broken screen.

Many of my friends have iPads or Macbooks, but I just don't see the appeal. I wouldn't need a surf pad and I certainly won't spend that much money on a laptop (or desktop for that matter) when I can get a better thing (with a more manageable OS, imo) for less. My iPhone 4 works great though as I don't feel the need to have all these snazzy extrafeatures and background gadgets and whatnot that android people go on about. :p I don't even want to upgrade to this new iOS since I think mine works fine now. I'm just not techy haha

trust me, I am the Doctor !
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis

Old October 25th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Perplexity
The Crazy One

Nature: Sassy
I currently have a 2009 Macbook Pro. I'm thinking about upgrading to a Retina one soon. I have an iPhone and an iPad also. I don't really know how they sucked me in. Maybe because Samsung products are ugly and make a bunch of "blooping" noises when you touch -anything-...
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Manska

iPhone 4S for me, got an old iPhone 3G stashed away in a drawer somewhere. I swapped over to android for a while inbetween them but I found it a lot less smooth to use; sure android can do a lot of cool stuff but I hardly ever actually use all that stuff.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Stiles.

I have an iPhone 5C in white. I also own an iPhone 4, which is my moms new iPod now since I upgraded. I also have an iPad mini which I just adore.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:14 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
I currently own an iPhone 4S and honestly it's the best thing ever...and with iOS7, I am just in awe! It's so much eye candy for me.

I had a 2nd gen iPod Touch when I was barely starting college but when I got my first Android phone, I sold it.
Old November 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM
twocows
Penguin

Nature: Lax
I have been boycotting Apple for several years, but this may be drawing to a close. I generally boycott companies that are unethical in some way. Apple was horribly unethical for many years, but lately I haven't heard any new business practices that I'm particularly unhappy with. I also am highly appreciative of their contributions to the free software world and very much like their focus on usability in software design.

That said, their products are still too expensive. I might consider making a hackintosh once Windows 7 starts to fade out, as I don't plan on upgrading to any Windows operating system past 7. But I'm certainly not going to purchase their overpriced hardware.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old November 25th, 2013, 03:53 AM
MKGirlism

Apple is expensive, that's the fact.
But even if I'd run Windows or Linux only, I still prefer buying a Mac over any other brand, and install Windows or Linux on it.
There is one word to describe it: Stability.

I've had multiple brands Desktops and Laptops in the past, even custom build ones, as well as Dell, Acer, ASUS, HP, Toshiba, and whatnot.
Apple is the only brand that holds on for longer than 2 years (with Toshiba being the Record holder, of 1 year and 11 months).
Meanwhile, my MacBook Pro is 2 years and 9 months old.
Better, my iMac is 3 years and 10 months old.
Both still function great, neither has any damage, neither has ever bricked, no Hardware problems at all, just to name a few stuff that happened to any other Desktop or Laptop I had.

My MacBook Pro has been in whole Netherlands and Belgium, it was in Poland, it was in Germany, it was in the UK, it even was in Turkey, something no other Laptop I had has ever met.
Besides, my MacBook Pro is thinner and smaller than the other Laptops I had, which makes it much easier to take it with me.
Old November 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
I own a 4th generation black 16GB iPod Touch and a pair of Apple EarPods.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 25th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Orpheus
Go Beyond Death

None! that's right I don't own anything by apple. Heck I don't even own a cell phone.
Old November 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Juno
fortes fortuna iuvat

I've only used their iPods, which were always gifts from my brothers. I've had the iPod Mini and first and fifth gen. iPod Touches.

I'm too used to PCs to comfortably use a Mac.
No right click? Blasphemy!

So yeah, I like their music players, but that's about it.

hello, my name is karen.
4725 8142 5765 (3DS)
Old November 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

The only Apple product I've ever bought myself was an iPod Video. (The first generation of them... I forget which gen iPod that was though.)

However I own a hand-me-down iPod Touch (that I think I've used precisely once) and when my roommate got a new MBP the year before last, he gave me his old unibody MBP. I use it a lot so I guess I can't really call myself anti-Apple but I'm certainly not a fan. (Admittedly, though, the only reason I still use OSX is because I could never get OSX to play nice with dual-booting with either Windows or Linux so... <_<)

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old November 26th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Knormageddon
Slowly, but surely...

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Knormageddon
I have an iPhone 4S. Terrific phone that does the job for me.

I've had a few more Apple devices in the past, though. An iPod Nano that got stolen, a 2nd generation iPod Touch that I've lent off to a friend, and a 4th generation iPod Touch that I've lent off to my cousin.

Certainly no plans to give away my 4S for a while... Haha.

be on the lookout for the flying knor

youtube (¿coming soon?) twitter playstation network
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:38 AM
MKGirlism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerakil View Post
I'm too used to PCs to comfortably use a Mac.
No right click? Blasphemy!
To give you News from 2013: You can Right Click on a Mac.
No Right Clicking on a Mac was a 20th century issue, although it's now optional (you can turn it on and off in the System Preferences, or you can just connect a USB Mouse on it, which always works).
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Aerial Ace

MacBook Pro 15", iPhone, iPhone 3GS white, iPhone 4S white, iPhone 5S (probably black) in January, iPod classic, and I'm going to get myself an iPad (white, maybe Air) for school for Christmas.

Currently, I only have the MacBook and the 4S, but I figured I'd list all the products I've ever owned.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links