The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
of all the Pokémon cries, what Pokémon do you think has the most beautiful sounding cry?

my choice: Reshiram nope, Moltres not that either, gotta go with Articuno!!!
Old September 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
adventure
in mega we believe

Nature: Naive
I don't nearly remember all the pokémon cries I've heard, especially not since I often play the games on muted emulator these days :x But I can agree with Articuno's cry being very beautiful, I remember it specifically even.

There are some later cries I liked too. Hmmm, let's see I think I'll have to watch a youtube video or something to find them.

*does that*

Gen I: I always liked Paras and Parasect, their cries. Interestingly odd. But yeah still. Articuno.

Gen II: honestly I don't particularly favor any cries here haha.

Gen III: Gardevoir's is nice. Sounds a bit mystic. And Milotic, the same feeling there, as well as with Gorebyss. Oh, and Chimecho. Sounds like bells :3

Gen IV: Kricketune, wow. And Lumineon, nice one. Glaceon's is really beautiful, but Frosslass is one step higher. Maybe ice pokémon generally have beautiful cries because ice is thought of as delicate and beautiful?

Gen V: Like with the gen III psychic type cries, I think Gothitelle's cry is mysteriously beautiful. Reshiram's is surprisingly nice and of course Meloetta.

Not sure I can decide on just one favorite, but for the earlier generations, Articuno is certainly a top contestant. But compared to many newer ones, like Glaceon, Kricketune and Finneon, it doesn't quite make the cut.

Still, after this little research on youtube I did, I have to say Frosslass' cry is my favorite, along with some other gen IV ones.

Spoiler:

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
Lampent has the single most hauntingly eerie cry I've heard. It's almost too beautiful.
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

Nature: Jolly
I can't really think of a Pokemon that stands out as the "Most Beautiful", however my favorite has always been Jolteon's. I guess I'd go with Gardevoir, only because of how mystical it sounded in Super Smash Bros. Brawl when you got it from a PokeBall.

Old September 7th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
There are many Pokemon whose cries I find really beautiful. In the end though, I'll say that I like Milotic's cry the best.
Old September 8th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I really like Lugia's cry, because it sounds quite awesome to me. It sounds even better when you play around with it in the PokéDex cry mixer, haha. I also like Geodude's cry, because every time I hear it, it reminds me of the good old days of Pokémon Red and Blue. My least favorite cry would have to be Kricketune's. It's one of the longest cries I've ever heard, and it's also kind of scary. xD"

Last edited by Endless; September 8th, 2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:51 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I actually just went through my Pokedex in B2, and even though I'm missing many, many entries, I still have some interesting finds.

Many Psychic and Ghost Pokemon have very haunting cries, like Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Drowzee, and check out Mismagius, very creepy. Of course, there's also Haunter, hehe.

There are some fun cries, like Finneon or Hippopotas or Croagunk/Toxicroak, rather unexpected. And what's up with Krabby's cry, how does it make that sound? I actually noticed that previous generations feature some very random cries, while Unova Pokemon are quite accurate to their real life counterparts: Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland actually sound like dogs, while Purrloin/Liepard sound like cats, Pidove's cry is similar to a pidgeon's and Mandibuzz caws like a vulture, and Bouffalant moos like a buffalo. It may be because my Unova 'dex is only missing a few entries, while other regions are not nearly as full, so maybe that's why it's more noticeable in Unova to me, what do you guys think?

Anyway, besides those already mentioned here, my favorites would be Lilligant, it's very cute and sounds like a bird's song. Also Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie's cries sound like bells. And I really like Bronzor's cry, it's almost like a drumming sound before a battle.
Old September 8th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Most beautiful.. maybe Meloetta Aria, no wonder right?
Her voice and melody, gives the beauty. I find that amazing.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I don't describe any of them as "beautiful" but I just love some of the shorter cries, such as Watchog, Oshawott, Pawniard, Tirtouga, Emolga and Ducklett. I also like Garbodor's cry too, as it's very relevant to it's typing.

I'm not a fan of the cries from Pokemon in the previous four generations though, mostly because of the bad sound quality back in those years.
Old September 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
iamsilver101
~Silver

Nature: Timid
Shaynim. I think that's how you spell it...
It just sounds like its next to a single tree in a endless plains Biome, with wind rushing thru its... hair. Who doesn't love the little guy?
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsilver101 View Post
Shaynim. I think that's how you spell it...
It just sounds like its next to a single tree in a endless plains Biome, with wind rushing thru its... hair. Who doesn't love the little guy?
Just wanted to let you know. It's Shaymin (:

Old September 9th, 2013, 02:08 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
If you talk about the cries in the anime almost all cries of pokes are my favorite specially the cute ones. But if you talk about the game cries, non is my favorite as I mute my audio while playing
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
Kricketune was my first thought, haha. I also love the cries of Cresselia, Lumineon, Vaporeon, Ninetales, Articuno, and Mew.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links