The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Game of the Month
hosted by LGDArm and Perdition Haze
Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and children of all ages. Welcome to Game of the Month! This is a contest to see what video games our fellow members love. We will give you a list of three games every month from a specific genre, and it will be all up to you to decide which one's the best!

The Guidelines
  • Every month, we will randomly select three games for you to vote for. The game that receives the most amount of votes will be declared the victor.
  • You may vote for only one video game. When you submit your vote, it is recommended to give us a reasoning behind it.
  • At the end of each month, LGDArm will announce the winner, who will then be featured in the forum splash until the next winner is announced.
  • If you have any questions and would like to see them answered, then you may post a reply here or send a private message to LGDArm or myself!

Past Winners

Below, is a list of all games that have won GotM throughout the past few months. Hit the spoiler button if you'd like to see them!

Spoiler:
Currently not available.

GotM - September

This month, we have the following games for you to vote for!

When you submit your votes, please make sure to put the games that you're voting for in bold letters. This makes it easier for us to count them. For example, if I was voting for Diddy Kong Racing, this is how my post would look:

My vote goes to Diddy Kong Racing, because it offered us a variety of vehicles, multiple ways to race, and very colorful characters.

Have fun, guys!

Last edited by Dragon; September 11th, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

Nature: Jolly
It's really close for me between Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing, but I got to go with Diddy Kong Racing. Diddy Kong racing had flying, normal karts, and then the hovercraft thing above water as well. It had some cool items and upgrades and the characters were awesome. Also, don't forget the extended story line. There was just a lot more to do in that game, then honestly, most racing game. It kind of reminded me of a racing version of Super Mario 64.

Old September 8th, 2013, 06:09 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed
I'm going with MK64. I just have to many good memories with it to vote other wise. Call me a hypocrite for complaining about nostalgia blind people, but I stand by that answer.

Publius Enigma

Old September 9th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

You had to go with games that I barely ever played huh?

I'm going with Diddy Kong Racing because that's the only one that I DID play. Count my vote or not, up to you.
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I'm going with WAIT WHERE THE HELL IS CRASH RACING?

nvm, I'll go with diddy kong racing due to how well it expanded the foundation that mario kart 64 set.
Old September 9th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
I'm going with WAIT WHERE THE HELL IS CRASH RACING?
Yeah, seriously. Sonic Drift 2 is too obscure and wasn't even in the same league as the other 2 (being in a handheld as well as getting a rather negative reception.), but Crash Team Racing is widely considered as one of the best, if not the best, kart racer of all time, so I'm rather baffled by this choice.

I'll just assume that adding CTR would be too unfair because it's the obvious winner.
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
While DKR had some really cool aspects to it, I've gotten alot more enjoyment out of Mario Kart 64. My Votes on Mario Kart 64
Old September 17th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
Crash Team Racing... :(

Voting for Mario Kart 64 as I've never played DDK and Sonic Drift series can't compete with N64 games.
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Diddy Kong Racing. ♥ Mario Kart is cool and all but I loved Diddy Kong so much when I played it years ago and to this day I wish that I had the game myself so I can revisit all the places and the boss races and just everything.
Old September 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
New Eden
(✿◠‿◠)
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Diddy Kong Racing. It can get pretty fast paced and intense in some places.
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I don't even know anyone who owned a Sega Game Gear nor have I ever seen one in real life.

I'm going to go with Mario Kart just because I like the characters more and it did have a bunch of sequels I really enjoyed is well.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
Mario Kart 64 hands down. Almost every kart racing game is incredibly fun, but Mario Kart 64 takes the cake in this trio. The tracks are interesting and I still enjoy it today.

Although I agree with everyone who prefers Crash Team Racing
Old September 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
This is just a reminder to tell you that tomorrow is the last day to get your votes in. If any of you would still like to submit your votes, then please do so within the next twenty-four hours. ^^ Remember, every vote counts!
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:13 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
I love Mario Kart, and the Nintendo 64 is my favourite! BUT, Diddy Kong Racing I think is much better with more vehicles, characters and opportunities. Also getting stronger items / weapons by using the same coloured item balloon is smart, and not much racing games do this anymore!

So Diddy Kong Racing get's my vote!
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:14 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
I love Mario Kart! However, I have to go with Diddy Kong Racing.

The boss battles, varied battle formats (banana's, coins, eggs, lives), varied vehicle modes, open map to explore, balloon items, bright color and levels, 3 save files, and existence of a story-line with an objective in general make this more than a social game among friends; it is a fully-developed racing ADVENTURE game!

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old September 29th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Dragon
shadows

Nature: Gentle
Alright guys, looks like the winner (in a tight race) is Diddy Kong Racing! Thank you for voting! Please stay tuned for the October voting!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links