Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room Archive
Reload this Page Play Me Casually - Recruiting

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Team Room Archive
The Team Room is now closed—no new posts can be made at this point. This forum will no longer be visible from the end of the month, but remains accessible by the URL.
Original description: Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old September 7th, 2013 (10:33 PM). Edited September 20th, 2013 by Winter Wonderland.
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

PLAY ME CASUALLY

Introductory Message

Hello, and welcome to the official thread and birth of a team that I hope to be known as Play Me Casually.

This team of Pokémon enthusiasts(so far only me with occasional help from Full Metal) is created in order to design and create quality games for the enjoyment of the community.

I hope to have multiple members of the community to pitch in to ultimately improve the game in however possible. I also intend for this project to be a learning experience as I learn and look upon the work of others in aspects such as scripting, mapping, working with photo editing tools such as Gimp and Photoshop, and learning more about hex and ASM.

So, if you would like to be a part of that learning experience and have a hand in this team--that I hope to be very supportive and caring of its members--then you are more than welcomed to apply. Simply fill out the application form posted below! I look forward to reading and meeting those of you who apply.

What will we be doing?

The current and primary gaming project we will be working on is currently known as Project Leola. Please do not hesitate to ask for help on your own projects, as this is a collaborative effort.

Continuing on the current project, here's a preview of the plot if you care to read it, if not, don't open the spoiler.
Spoiler:
Often times, it is not he of noble blood that rises to greatness; or he of the direct opposite circumstances. It does not take a genius to uncover great, hidden truths, no. Sometimes, all it takes is a normal person to be at the wrong place at the right time.
Tale has been passed down, generation to generation of the two trainers, Mark and Leola who heroically triumphed over the band of the treacherous trainers known as the Abyssal Crusaders in days of forgotten times. Armed with their companions, they battled against hordes of these traitors to the nation that stood in the past, and ultimately lost their lives in the battle in one, final, grand moment of pure selflessness and sacrifice. The site in which the battle took place, in today’s time, is known as the Highlander Pass and is a wonderful landscape of lush scenery and flowing bodies of water teeming with the life of several Pokémon that inhabit the area. It is left as a tribute to the two brave warriors who have been lost in a world in which treachery stuck its filthy fingers and tainted. Their graves are said to be somewhere within the Highlander Pass, but it has never been discovered and searches have long been abandoned.
Today, this story is nothing but a fairy tale, much like Jack and the Beanstalk or Cinderella and the Seven Dwarves—only used to entertain the mind of children. Today you are just a normal, young boy; at the wrong place, but at the right time.

Media

I won't post any mapshots and I'm in the process of scripting the introductory stuff now. So, for now, here's the title screen.

The application

So, if you're still reading this and want to apply, fill out the form below and post it as a reply.

Positions needed :

Mapping - mostly looking for interiors(including gyms), caves, ideas for cities and routes I hope to have about two mappers.

Scripting - I can handle most of the minor scripts and the simpler ones, but for the more complicated tasks, level scripts, etc., I will need a helping hand that doesn't mind me asking how things work. I hope to have three of these.

Graphics - I will need someone that can deal with creating or inserting Overworlds, trainer sprites, tiles perhaps, if we decide to go custom, and so on. If this sounds like you, definitely apply. We will take as many as these as possible.

World Map Hacker - I have no problem making the game Fly-free, however, if we decide going against that and allowing this form of fast travel, then we'll need a world map. In the hack, Flying won't exist either way, but a different form of fast travel will exist in place of it to give it more of a realistic feel, requiring a world map anyway.

Music - I currently do not know if I intend to use custom music, however, I may want to mix music from different generations. So, put a pin in this one.

ASM - This also might not be needed, but is handy to have on standby should someone pitch an awesome idea that would require ASM to implement.

CSS and Thread/publicity - I hope to have someone to make CSS and make the threads look better/be in charge of updating, answering questions to the community, and making support banners. We will need two of these, one on the artistic side of things and one on the more developer side of things.

➥ Application form
:
Name to be called:
Position:
Time spent doing skill:
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10:
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A:
Timezone:
Availability:
Contact Information:
Proof of work:

If your post does not include proof of work, you will not be considered.

Mappers, obviously show your maps.

Scripters, show scripts, tell us what it does, and screenshots showing in game are optional.

Graphics, show tiles/OW's/sprites you've created and/or inserted with in-game screenshots or A-map screenshots.

World Map Hackers
, show regions you've created/recreated(if showing existing regions)

ASM, show us proof of your work in form of screenshots

CSS, show us a thread design or two.

➡ The current team

Myself - general mapping, general scripting, nit-pick details such as introductions, pokedex order, and so on.

Full Metal - go-to guy for just about anything that needs doing that I can't figure it out.

JNathan - CSS and pending other positions.

Teh Blazer - Scripting, graphics insertion, and back-up mapping.

Omega Zero - Second scripter.

Flandre Scarlet - World Map, Musics, Graphics, Mapping.

Shiny Quagsire - ASM

➣ Important Notes

EVERYONE is, as a second part of their job, a critic and an idea-pitcher. If you think you can add to the story of the game, or don't like how a script was done, or think the map would look better with whatever, feel free to pitch those ideas to the group.
NO ONE is to apply as a Beta Tester. Whenever the hack thread is up in the Progressing Hacks section, everyone who comments on that thread will be eligible for beta tested and will be contacted privately. If you apply for beta-testing you will simply be ignored completely.
You are by no means guaranteed an acceptance. You are not entitled, you must earn your position. All global PokeCommunity rules apply here and this thread is, to the best of my knowledge, in compliance with all the forum-specific rules.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old September 9th, 2013 (05:56 PM).
apparently not quite dead
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Name to be called: Kyle/HackDeoxys
Position: Mapper
Time spent doing skill: Something like 2 years
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 8.5/10
Experience: I was making my own hack for a while, but lost interest. I've also been in three other teams.
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Availability: I'm mostly on in the evenings.
Contact Information: I'll PM you my skype if you want.
Proof of work:
My most recent map:
Spoiler:

Old September 9th, 2013 (06:03 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Name to be called: Nathan
Position: CSS
Time spent doing skill: 3-4 months
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Ongoing hack.
Timezone: UTC -4
Availability: I'd say 5-7 hours everyday.
Contact Information: I have Skype or PM.
Proof of work: I made this for a friend.
Old September 10th, 2013 (02:10 AM).

Quote originally posted by HackDeoxys:
Name to be called: Kyle/HackDeoxys
Position: Mapper
Time spent doing skill: Something like 2 years
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 8.5/10
Experience: I was making my own hack for a while, but lost interest. I've also been in three other teams.
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Availability: I'm mostly on in the evenings.
Contact Information: I'll PM you my skype if you want.
Proof of work:
My most recent map:
Spoiler:

Awesome, I really dig your mapping style. However, could you show me a cave or a city you've mapped up as well?

Quote originally posted by JNathan:
Name to be called: Nathan
Position: CSS
Time spent doing skill: 3-4 months
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Ongoing hack.
Timezone: UTC -4
Availability: I'd say 5-7 hours everyday.
Contact Information: I have Skype or PM.
Proof of work: I made this for a friend.
Lovely. Feel free to draft up a CSS design for this thread as well. Something modern, but not too flashy. Maybe with a little bit of a touch of nature, if you can manage it.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old September 16th, 2013 (12:49 PM).
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Name to be called: Please, call me MegaStud
Position: Graphics and Scripting with Mapping but only on call
Time spent doing skill: Lol, too long. Um, a year or two?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7.5 (I'd put 10, but as Miley Cyrus said before she went crazy, nobody's perfect)
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Pokemon Catalyst
Timezone: Pacific
Availability: I have no life, so I'm fairly available
Contact Information: I do have Skype, but it can't register my manly voice, so usually PM/VM
Proof of work:
Scripting:
Spoiler:

Code:
#dynamic 0x810000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x59
if 0x1 goto @end
msgbox @1 MSG_NORMAL
msgbox @2 MSG_NORMAL
compare 0x4031 0x0
if 0x1 goto @Snivy
compare 0x4031 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Tepig
compare 0x4031 0x2
if 0x1 goto @Oshawott
end

#org @Snivy
msgbox @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto @no
countpokemon
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @nuhuh
msgbox @5 0x6
bufferpokemon 0x4020 0x12B
givepokemon 0x12B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @7 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @8 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @9 0x6
setflag 0x59
release
end

#org @Tepig
msgbox @10 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto @no
countpokemon
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @nuhuh
msgbox @12 0x6
givepokemon 0x127 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @7 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @8 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @9 0x6
setflag 0x59
release
end

#org @Oshawott
msgbox @11 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto @no
countpokemon
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @nuhuh
msgbox @13 0x6
givepokemon 0x129 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @7 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @8 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @9 0x6
setflag 0x59
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @no
msgbox @4 0x6
release
end

#org @nuhuh
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hey! Hey, you!\nWhat was the first Pokémon you\lreceived?

#org @2
= ...\n...

#org @3
= Snivy! Really?\nThen Panpour could be a big help!\pYour Snivy doesn't do well against\nFire-type Pokémon!\pSay, do you want this Panpour of\nmine?

#org @4
= Really? That's a shame...

#org @5
= OK. Here you go!\pIt can use Water-type moves, so\nthat makes it cool against\lFire-types!

#org @6
= Uh-oh, you're carrying too many\nPokémon with you!

#org @7
= [black_fr][player] recieved a [buffer1]!

#org @8
= [black_fr]Do you want to give a nickname to\nyour [buffer1]?

#org @9
= You have to use all types of\nPokémon, so it'll work out no\lmatter what type you have to face.

#org @10
= Tepig! Really?\nThen Pansage could be a big help!\pYour Tepig doesn't do well against\nWater-type Pokémon!\pSay, do you want this Pansage of\nmine?

#org @11
= Oshawott! Really?\nThen Pansear could be a big help!\pYour Oshawott doesn't do well\nagainst Grass-type Pokémon!\pSay, do you want this Pansear of\nmine?

#org @12
= OK. Here you go!\pIt can use Grass-type moves, so\nthat makes it cool against\lWater-types!

#org @13
= OK. Here you go!\pIt can use Fire-type moves, so\nthat makes it cool against\lGrass-types!

Inserting:
Spoiler:

wow
that insert
such change
wow

Mapping:
Spoiler:
Old September 16th, 2013 (12:55 PM).

Quote originally posted by Teh Blazer:
Name to be called: Please, call me MegaStud
Position: Graphics and Scripting with Mapping but only on call
Time spent doing skill: Lol, too long. Um, a year or two?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7.5 (I'd put 10, but as Miley Cyrus said before she went crazy, nobody's perfect)
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Pokemon Catalyst
Timezone: Pacific
Availability: I have no life, so I'm fairly available
Contact Information: I do have Skype, but it can't register my manly voice, so usually PM/VM
Proof of work:
Scripting:
Spoiler:

Code:
#dynamic 0x810000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x59
if 0x1 goto @end
msgbox @1 MSG_NORMAL
msgbox @2 MSG_NORMAL
compare 0x4031 0x0
if 0x1 goto @Snivy
compare 0x4031 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Tepig
compare 0x4031 0x2
if 0x1 goto @Oshawott
end

#org @Snivy
msgbox @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto @no
countpokemon
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @nuhuh
msgbox @5 0x6
givepokemon 0x12B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @7 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @8 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @9 0x6
setflag 0x59
release
end

#org @Tepig
msgbox @10 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto @no
countpokemon
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @nuhuh
msgbox @12 0x6
givepokemon 0x127 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @7 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @8 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @9 0x6
setflag 0x59
release
end

#org @Oshawott
msgbox @11 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto @no
countpokemon
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @nuhuh
msgbox @13 0x6
givepokemon 0x129 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @7 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @8 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @9 0x6
setflag 0x59
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @no
msgbox @4 0x6
release
end

#org @nuhuh
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hey! Hey, you!\nWhat was the first Pokémon you\lreceived?

#org @2
= ...\n...

#org @3
= Snivy! Really?\nThen Panpour could be a big help!\pYour Snivy doesn't do well against\nFire-type Pokémon!\pSay, do you want this Panpour of\nmine?

#org @4
= Really? That's a shame...

#org @5
= OK. Here you go!\pIt can use Water-type moves, so\nthat makes it cool against\lFire-types!

#org @6
= Uh-oh, you're carrying too many\nPokémon with you!

#org @7
= [black_fr][player] recieved a [buffer1]!

#org @8
= [black_fr]Do you want to give a nickname to\nyour [buffer1]?

#org @9
= You have to use all types of\nPokémon, so it'll work out no\lmatter what type you have to face.

#org @10
= Tepig! Really?\nThen Pansage could be a big help!\pYour Tepig doesn't do well against\nWater-type Pokémon!\pSay, do you want this Pansage of\nmine?

#org @11
= Oshawott! Really?\nThen Pansear could be a big help!\pYour Oshawott doesn't do well\nagainst Grass-type Pokémon!\pSay, do you want this Pansear of\nmine?

#org @12
= OK. Here you go!\pIt can use Grass-type moves, so\nthat makes it cool against\lWater-types!

#org @13
= OK. Here you go!\pIt can use Fire-type moves, so\nthat makes it cool against\lGrass-types!

Inserting:
Spoiler:

wow
that insert
such change
wow

Mapping:
Spoiler:

Oooh. I like you. Scripting/graphics insertion it is. ;D Mapping on call as well, for stuff like towns, since I like doing routes much better.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old September 17th, 2013 (09:17 PM).
Free your mind.
Gold Tier

Nature: Adamant
Name to be called: Flandre, or just Henry will be fine.
Position: Applying for Mapper, World Map Hacker, and Music Hacker.
Time spent doing skill: I've been mapping ever since I've started hacking (as most people should...), music hacking for approx 3 years and world map hacking was just a bonus skill.
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Roughly an 7 or an 8, I'm fairly experienced in ROM hacking.
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Well, in teams, I was a former member of the Mirage Hacking Productions and former founder of Scarlet Productions. Ever since those teams have died off, I've been an independent ROM hacker, working on various minor projects. One of my public projects is Pokémon AllStars. I've tried starting up another ROM hacking team, but things weren't going the way I planned so I just decided to stop it.
Timezone: GMT +10 hours (Hobart).
Availability: Based off the time from where I live in, I'm available from 4pm onwards on weekdays, and limited time during weekends since I have work.
Contact Information: You can contact me on kakerzonex, my Skype, or you could PM me. You could also email me at [email protected], if you wish.
Proof of work:

Mapping:
Spoiler:

I know there aren't many examples, so if you need more just tell me.

Music Hacking:
Spoiler:

I've also inserted music for hacks like Sienna, and other hacks. I don't do much composing, only mixing and inserting.

World Map Hacking:
Spoiler:
(haha oops... same names!)

Other skills:
Spoiler:
I am good graphically, I can insert Pokémon sprites, OWs, and so much more. I can also make titlescreens and insert them. You can check out my current and older hacks for some proof there, if you like. (Click here: Find all threads started by Flandre Scarlet)

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and I hope you accept me. Thanks.
Old September 17th, 2013 (11:54 PM). Edited September 18th, 2013 by Omega Zero.
Is back...
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Heh, i see my old mate Scarlet is signing up for this.
I just have to ask though, how long will positions be open,
just in terms of school and such, might take a while.
And this looks fairly interesting

Edit: My bad, i'm just re-reading my post and it seems
rather arrogant, but by all means i don't mean it in any way.
Old September 18th, 2013 (01:08 AM).
Silver Tier

Name to be called: Chrunch
Position: Backup Mapping/Tile inserting
Time spent doing skill: about 4 years?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: I don't think I can really evaluate myself. Look at my maps and see what you think!
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: 4 years of hacking and a few hacks.
Timezone: UTC 10
Availability: I won't have too much time which is why I'm only applying for a "backup". I just thought I'd offer you my skills. :)
Contact Information: PM
Proof of work: http://chrunch.deviantart.com/
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272818 (this thread is somewhat outdated)

Old September 18th, 2013 (03:28 AM).

Quote originally posted by Flandre Scarlet:
Name to be called: Flandre, or just Henry will be fine.
Position: Applying for Mapper, World Map Hacker, and Music Hacker.
Time spent doing skill: I've been mapping ever since I've started hacking (as most people should...), music hacking for approx 3 years and world map hacking was just a bonus skill.
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Roughly an 7 or an 8, I'm fairly experienced in ROM hacking.
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Well, in teams, I was a former member of the Mirage Hacking Productions and former founder of Scarlet Productions. Ever since those teams have died off, I've been an independent ROM hacker, working on various minor projects. One of my public projects is Pokémon AllStars. I've tried starting up another ROM hacking team, but things weren't going the way I planned so I just decided to stop it.
Timezone: GMT +10 hours (Hobart).
Availability: Based off the time from where I live in, I'm available from 4pm onwards on weekdays, and limited time during weekends since I have work.
Contact Information: You can contact me on kakerzonex, my Skype, or you could PM me. You could also email me at [email protected], if you wish.
Proof of work:

Mapping:
Spoiler:

I know there aren't many examples, so if you need more just tell me.

Music Hacking:
Spoiler:

I've also inserted music for hacks like Sienna, and other hacks. I don't do much composing, only mixing and inserting.

World Map Hacking:
Spoiler:
(haha oops... same names!)

Other skills:
Spoiler:
I am good graphically, I can insert Pokémon sprites, OWs, and so much more. I can also make titlescreens and insert them. You can check out my current and older hacks for some proof there, if you like. (Click here: Find all threads started by Flandre Scarlet)

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and I hope you accept me. Thanks. :)
Quote originally posted by Omega Zero:
Heh, i see my old mate Scarlet is signing up for this.
I just have to ask though, how long will positions be open,
just in terms of school and such, might take a while.
And this looks fairly interesting

Edit: My bad, i'm just re-reading my post and it seems
rather arrogant, but by all means i don't mean it in any way.
Quote originally posted by chrunch:
Name to be called: Chrunch
Position: Backup Mapping/Tile inserting
Time spent doing skill: about 4 years?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: I don't think I can really evaluate myself. Look at my maps and see what you think!
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: 4 years of hacking and a few hacks.
Timezone: UTC 10
Availability: I won't have too much time which is why I'm only applying for a "backup". I just thought I'd offer you my skills. :)
Contact Information: PM

Proof of work: http://chrunch.deviantart.com/
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272818 (this thread is somewhat outdated)

I will be looking at everyone's application when I return from school. Which'll be around 3:00pm EST.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old September 18th, 2013 (09:56 PM). Edited September 18th, 2013 by Th3Duke99088.
Duke

Is there any way I can be an intern like person as I would really like to start making my own hack and helping on other people's and have no clue what to do... I think I would be a rather successful mapper and or storyline idea person... I'm going to start making a couple maps right now... I'm going to be using LU-HO's Advance Map on Ruby to do this (I don't know if that has any significance to anything) Thanks for reading...

Figured I might as well do this...

Name to be called: Duke
Position: Mapper/Story Idea Person
Time spent doing skill: 1 week for Mapping... a year I guess for Story
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Mapping 3-4, Story 7-8
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: N/A
Timezone: EST... New York, USA
Availability: Random, I go on road trips a lot (me and my family transport animals for a living) Usually at night...
Contact Information: Not going to give out my email or phone number but PM me I guess
Proof of work: None yet but as I said in the post above I am working on several maps right now and if you really want I can do a story idea...
let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it
for I shall not pass this way again.
Old September 19th, 2013 (10:25 AM).

Quote originally posted by Th3Duke99088:
Is there any way I can be an intern like person as I would really like to start making my own hack and helping on other people's and have no clue what to do... I think I would be a rather successful mapper and or storyline idea person... I'm going to start making a couple maps right now... I'm going to be using LU-HO's Advance Map on Ruby to do this (I don't know if that has any significance to anything) Thanks for reading...

Figured I might as well do this...

Name to be called: Duke
Position: Mapper/Story Idea Person
Time spent doing skill: 1 week for Mapping... a year I guess for Story
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Mapping 3-4, Story 7-8
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: N/A
Timezone: EST... New York, USA
Availability: Random, I go on road trips a lot (me and my family transport animals for a living) Usually at night...
Contact Information: Not going to give out my email or phone number but PM me I guess
Proof of work: None yet but as I said in the post above I am working on several maps right now and if you really want I can do a story idea...
Tell you what, you pitch to me a story idea. A beautifully crafted one, then we'll see where it goes from there. I can also help teach you to map in return for your services.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old September 19th, 2013 (08:48 PM).
Is back...
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Ok so here's my application

Name to be called: Altcloud - Or my real name.

Position: Second Scripter:
Time spent doing skill : 5 years (had another account in 08)
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 8.5
Experience; I've worked on many hacks, helped people with stuff. You can say i'm experienced.
Timezone: HST
Availability: Most of the time, unless i get cut off from the internet, then i however will be on whenever your on
Contact Information: Skype: Alternatecloud
Proof of wok:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
lockall
getplayerpos 0x8000 0x8001
compare 0x5002 0x1
if 0x1 goto @lek
compare 0x8001 0x5
if 0x1 call @1D
compare 0x8001 0x6
if 0x1 call @2
compare 0x8001 0x7
if 0x1 call @3
special 0x114
msgbox @one 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @!
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x15
playsong 0x13B 0x0
compare 0x8001 0x5
if 0x1 call @4
compare 0x8001 0x6
if 0x1 call @5
compare 0x8001 0x7
if 0x1 call @6
special 0x114
setvar 0x7030 0x129
setvar 0x7031 0x10A
trainerbattle 0x1 0xA 0x0 @intro @defeat @after
goto @after

#org @lek
compare 0x8001 0x5
if 0x1 call @7
compare 0x8001 0x6
if 0x1 call @8
compare 0x8001 0x7
if 0x1 call @9
msgbox @more 0x6
trainerbattle 0x9 0xB 0x0 @win @lose
goto @after2

#org @more
= [blue_fr]???: You back for more?

#org @after
playsong 0x13B 0x0
msgbox @two 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @go
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x1003
fadedefault
compare 0x8001 0x5
if 0x1 call @7
compare 0x8001 0x6
if 0x1 call @8
compare 0x8001 0x7
if 0x1 call @9
setvar 0x5002 0x1
msgbox @intro2 0x6
setvar 0x7030 0x129
setvar 0x7031 0x109
trainerbattle 0x9 0xB 0x0 @win @lose
goto @after2

#org @win
= [navy_frt]???: [.]

#org @lose
= [navy_frt]???: I won!

#org @after2
setvar 0x7030 0x109
setvar 0x7031 0x129
msgbox @x 0x6
applymovement 0x2 @go
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x2
setflag 0x1004
setvar 0x5001 0x3
release
end

#org @x
= [blue_fr]???: My name's JACK.\nI'll see you again.

#org @intro2
= [blue_fr]???: Wow! I just saw you take out\nthat guy, twice!\pLet's see how good you are\nagainst me!

#org @9
applymovement 0x2 @goz3
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @goz3
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE

#org @8
applymovement 0x2 @goz2
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @goz2
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE

#org @7
applymovement 0x2 @goz
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @goz
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE

#org @go
#raw 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE

#org @two
= [blue_fr]???: My name's \v\h06.

#org @defeat
= [navy_frt]???: Again?

#org @intro
= [blue_fr]???: [.]

#org @4
applymovement 0x1 @C4
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x113
applymovement 0x1 @C41
applymovement 0x7F @C41
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @5
applymovement 0x1 @C5
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x113
applymovement 0x1 @C51
applymovement 0x7F @C51
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @6
applymovement 0x1 @C6
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x113
applymovement 0x1 @C61
applymovement 0x7F @C61
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @C6
#raw 0xE 0xE 0xFE

#org @C5
#raw 0xE 0xE 0xFE

#org @C41
#raw 0xE 0xD 0x2F 0xFE

#org @C61
#raw 0xE 0xC 0x2F 0xFE

#org @C51
#raw 0xE 0x2F 0xFE

#org @C4
#raw 0xE 0xE 0xFE

#org @!
#raw 0x2F 0x62 0xFE

#org @one
= [blue_fr]???: [.] [.] [.]

#org @1D
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @C1
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @2
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @C2
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @C2
#raw 0x13 0xFE

#org @3
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @C3
waitmovement 0x0
return

#org @C3
#raw 0x11 0x13 0xFE

#org @C1
#raw 0x10 0x13 0xFE

I can't show you a screenshot because this script is from 2010.
The script itself checks what tiles you are on, so it can move itself
accordingly. In general it's just a simple rival script. with a bit
of unusual stuff here and there.

You can however see i like to use variables A LOT more than i like to use flags.
as it frees up space for hiding items with flags.
Old September 19th, 2013 (08:51 PM).

Seems like you know what you're doing, Alt. I'll add your name to both threads. Welcome to Play Me Casually.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old September 20th, 2013 (07:08 AM).
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

Nature: Calm
Well, looks like you don't really need another World mapper, but I guess if you need another...

Name to be called: Minum, I guess?
Position: World map creation (Mainly 4th gen [More practice with D/P/P than HGSS])
Time spent doing skill: 5-6 Months only...
Self-evaluated rating: 5-6
Experience: N/A
Timezone: Central
Availability: 2-4 Hours most days
Proof of work:
Spoiler:

As you can see, I am terrible inexperienced, and you probably don't really need me. But, trying to participate in more things and you gotta start somewhere, so...ya. Thank you!
Old September 20th, 2013 (04:25 PM).
Working on KARL3DS

Nature: Jolly
It's been a long time since I filled out one of these...

Name to be called: Sir Shiny Quagsire the Third (or just Shiny Quagsire/SQ will do )
Position: ASM
Time spent doing skill: 3 years, give or take a few days
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 9.995
Experience: I've done quite a few small hacks as well as some really, really big C-coded hacks such as custom introduction sequences and I'm researching into custom cutscenes and minigames. A while back I managed to recreate Birch's Bag on Fire Red, but I ran into some issues with it that I have actually found a fix for, so those resources might also be available for this hack.

As for working in groups, I actually have no experience with that. I have done hacks for others and critiqued ASM, but never worked specifically for one group on a single hack, and I think it's time for that to change.
Timezone: UTC -8 (Pacific)
Availability: Usually Weekends, Fridays, and any other days I'm not busy with school,
Contact Information: You can best contact me either by e-mail or on RomHack.me's romhacking IRC channel. I'll PM it if accepted since the last thing I need is more spam mail.
Proof of work:
(From earliest hacks to latest)
Spoiler:

(Excuse the intro, I was like 12 at the time)

This one above deserves a little explanation. Basically it's a safari battle hacked to be used as a "catch your own starter" thing for Le Pug's hack. The Eevee will never run and the last Poke Ball is a guaranteed catch (a Masterball in disguise if you will).

Still working on that Gold Intro just to research more into the game's OAM system and other graphical effects like the water ripple. I'm also going to look into a custom titlescreen, so keep that in mind. I also open source any custom intros that I do since that's a lot of code that could be potentially useful for other hackers. Plus my intro template is licensed under GPLv3, so it's required by the license.

Other than that I'm definately willing to do some ASM, provided the base ROM is Fire Red, or maybe Emerald. (Ruby's code is a mess. >.<). I've found that I actually prefer having others give me a specific task to complete since I don't have to come up with the ideas myself. If you ever decide that it'd be cool to have a custom intro, just give me a storyboard and some graphics and I'll give it a shot. Just keep in mind that these things usually take a bit of time.

Old September 21st, 2013 (06:33 PM).

Updated Team roster and, for those viewing, and current team members, if you know any graphic artists experienced in making trainer sprites/OW's, send them over this way. Thanks. :)

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old September 21st, 2013 (08:05 PM).
I LovE GaminG [CS 1.6] :D

Nature: Calm
I am a graphic artist :D will love to help you for your hack
Old September 21st, 2013 (08:26 PM).

I've left you a VM, Phoenix.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old October 7th, 2013 (09:39 PM). Edited October 7th, 2013 by Th3Duke99088.
Duke

Hey, after just messing around with programs I have become:
Scripting 3-5 (really basic stuff)
World Map Making (Not Inserting) 7-8 (Not as hard as you might think...)
OW Spriter 6-7 (I think they are rather good)
Mapping 2-3 (I just fail every time)
Well that is just an updated what I think I am...
I'll let you decide on your own...
Scripting:
Spoiler:
Just the basic message scripts and givepoke stuff

World Map Making:
Spoiler:
This is just a small one that I made in ~10 min...

OW Spriting:
Spoiler:
All the completed sprites I have are for a hack I am working on currently and are not able to be seen by the public so ill finish soon and post it

Mapping:
Spoiler:
Just please... Take my word for it... I don't want to do that anymore...
let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it
for I shall not pass this way again.
Old October 15th, 2013 (05:10 PM).

Reviewed and you're in progress so far. We are still looking for spriters, for those interested.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old October 19th, 2013 (11:54 AM). Edited October 19th, 2013 by RimasLT.
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Name to be called : Rimantas/Rimas or RimasLT
Position : Mapper / Spriter
Time Spent doing skill : about 1 year in mapping & 2 months spriting
Self-Evalued on rating scale from 1 to 10 : 8/9 for mapping & 6/7.5 for spriting :/
Experience : Until yesterday I was making my own hack named Pokemon Sorrow Followers
Time Zone : UTC/GMT +3 hours
Availability : everyday from now on from 6 pm until 12 pm ( work )
If you want my proof-work i can do it Just pm me

Old October 19th, 2013 (01:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by RimasLT:
Name to be called : Rimantas/Rimas or RimasLT
Position : Mapper / Spriter
Time Spent doing skill : about 1 year in mapping & 2 months spriting
Self-Evalued on rating scale from 1 to 10 : 8/9 for mapping & 6/7.5 for spriting :/
Experience : Until yesterday I was making my own hack named Pokemon Sorrow Followers
Time Zone : UTC/GMT +3 hours
Availability : everyday from now on :) from 6 pm until 12 pm ( work )
If you want my proof-work i can do it :) Just pm me :)
Post your proofs here, please. Makes it easier on me.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old October 20th, 2013 (07:16 AM). Edited October 20th, 2013 by RimasLT.
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
[IMG]https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=412117378914447&id=100003485662026&set=ms.412117378914447.412116982247820.412116348914550.bps.a.318378501621669.1073741825.100003485662026&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5936855942946307687:mf_story_key.-7453050661510594191

Old October 20th, 2013 (08:41 PM).

Please link them properly.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.