The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

View Poll Results: Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???
Pumpkaboo (Ghost/Grass) 1 1.72%
Gourgeist (Ghost/Grass) 4 6.90%
Phantump (Ghost/Grass) 10 17.24%
Trevenant (Ghost/Grass) 5 8.62%
Skiddo (Grass) 32 55.17%
Gogoat (grass) 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 31st, 2013 (11:26 AM).
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I actually don't think Ash will be getting Chespin. There's a lot hinting that Clemont will have a Chespin instead; the Japanese opening almost confirms it.
Oh, that's true! That's pretty great then, each getting one of the starters. Watching the intro, it also seems like Bonnie gets Dedenne

Also, since James got Inkay (yay!), I'm wondering what Pokemon will Jessie be getting. I know Wobbuffet returned (yay again!), but I'm hoping she'll also get a new Pokemon. Maybe a Ghost-type, like Phantump or Pumpkaboo?
Old October 31st, 2013 (11:45 AM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I see those two with James tbh considering his history. Jess I could see getting an older 'mon- maybe Mawile?
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old November 1st, 2013 (04:22 AM).
Famon

I wonder which Grass type Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin !!!
There are 3 grass type and 2 of them are part ghost.
I think Pumpkaboo & Gourgeist are better choice for Ash.
It remain cute & marketable even after it evolution.
Plus , its learn so many good move including Flamethrower, its too good for Team Rocket .
As for Phantump , it seem more fiting for Team Rocket instate of Ash.
Skiddo & Gagoat suit Serena .
Man , I so wise if Ash catch another fire type call Litleo .

Old November 2nd, 2013 (07:55 PM).
Bruce Banner
hi
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Yeah I cna't wait to see the evolution of froakie! Also, I hope to see a banchamp and a tyruyn somewhere.

Trick or Treat!
Old November 4th, 2013 (01:38 AM).
Famon

Anyone think Ash might get a talking Lucario just like the one from Movie Lucario & The Mystery of Mew''!
I mean Riley could talk to his Lucario to since they were connected by Aura so may be that can happen too.
May be , Ash can show the ability to understand ''Lucario'' speech and see though its memory like the Riolu from ''Pokemon ranger : Kidnapped Riolu'' !!!
It would cool if Ash turn out to be the reincarnation of Sir Aaron and The Lucario Korrina gives to Ash turn out to be the reincarnation of the Lucario who died the movie .

I wonder , How many people like Sir Aaron's Lucario enough to see him reborn again as Ash's Lucario ???

Old November 28th, 2013 (06:48 PM).
fireflower30
Bulky Aggronn

Nature: Mild
As We Saw Ash's Chikorita Evolve Into Bayleef In Johnto, Ash's Cyndaquill Into Quillva In Sinnoh, Ash Will, Well Have His Totodile Evolve Into Crocanaw In Kalos! So, Yeah! As Ash's Kanto Team Returned For The Silver Conference, Ash's Kanto Team To Hoeen Team Returned For The Lily Of The Valley Conference, All Of Ash's Pokémon Will Probably Return For The Kalos Legue (S-Rank)

Next, Iris's Return

Iris Can Stay for Her Return Episode To The Post-Conference Episode 1.

Ash's Team:
Froakie→Frogaider→Greninja
Flectling→Flecthinder|Talonflame
Litleo→Pyroar
Eevee→Slveon
Goomy→Sliggo→Goodra
Chespin→Quilladin→Chesnaugt
Old November 28th, 2013 (07:06 PM).
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
I'm thinking Totodile will always remain unevolved. There's too much personality in Totodile for it to change. I can see where you're coming from, though. There is a possibility of it happening. I'd bet that Ash will get a Meganium before a Croconaw, however. Iris coming back could also happen, like how Dawn returned for a while during the Undella/PWT episodes. As far as Ash's team goes, I doubt he will get a Goodra. Ash and a pseudo legendary doesn't seem like a good mix. I'm undecided about the rest of your team speculation. I think Froaks may evolve once, but Grenimja could be possible.

Hall of Fame

Old November 29th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
Anna
Community Supporter

Merging with Capture/Evo/Release since it's mainly focused on that. :x
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old November 30th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
Famon

The biggest question-

Which grass Type Pokemon Ash will catch now ???

Old December 8th, 2013 (09:50 PM). Edited December 8th, 2013 by Anna.
JTLomax

Confusingly enough, on [website removed], the first two episodes of Pokemon XY aired completely out of order, followed by the rest of the BW episodes. These out of order eps revealed that, shockingly (pun intended), Clement is the male companion for Ash and is joined by his little sister, Bonnie. And then the female Trainer who will be accompanying Ash is Serena, who knows Ash from childhood. It has also been revealed that Ash catches a Fletchling, his Flying Type and Froakie, the starter Water Type. I hope that Froakie becomes Ash's first Water Type (starter) to evolve because I'm getting sick of these weak looking first evolved Pokemon like Totodile and Oshawott and such. Also, since Serena picks a Fennekin, Fletchling, after it evolves, might be Ash's Flying and Fire Type, which might leave Ash open to catching a Pokemon Type he has never acquired before, Ghost, Fairy, Steel or Psychic Type. There really aren't any Psychic Pokemon that I could see Ash catching. Maybe a Ralts or something, which would kill two birds with one stone, being a Psychic and Fairy Type. In fact, Ralts is the only Fairy or Psychic Type I could see him getting but on the other hand, I don't think he is going to catch any non-Kalos Pokemon. There aren't really any Steel Type Pokemon that I could see Ash catching from the Kalos Region. Honedge is a cool Pokemon but Ash usually doesn't catch Pokemon based on inanimate objects. I would like to see Ash catch Aron but again, I don't think it will happen. I could see Ash catching Phantump but not really any other Ghost Types.

My dream team for Ash at the end of Kalos (If all Pokemon are Kalos Pokemon)

Pikachu, Talonflame, Greninja, Chesnaught, Pyroar, Pangoro, Vivillion, Clawitzer.

My dream team for Ash at the end of Kalos (If Pokemon are Kalos as well as other Gen)

Pikachu, Talonflame, Greninja, Chesnaught, Pyroar, Hippowdon, An Eeveelution (Hopefully Flareon), Throh.
Old December 8th, 2013 (10:05 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

If you care to check out other threads in this section and its subsection, you'll see we have many topics about those episodes already, which were aired the weekend of the 19th to jump on the XY release hype. Regularly scheduled BW eps were finished after, and English XY should be continuing soon. And we have a Capture/Evolution/Release speculation thread, which I am going to merge your topic with. Be aware that almost nobody here is very careful with spoilers for Japanese episodes.

In regards to the Grass Type question- does he really need to catch one? It's very likely James will end up with one of the ghost/grass 'mon and Clemont with Chespin means there's enough featured grass types.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old December 10th, 2013 (12:27 AM). Edited December 10th, 2013 by Famon.
Famon

I will be really really MAD if Ash doesn't get a Espurr Or Meowstic !!!
I mean , Writer destroyed Unova League just to merchandise Eevee & Lucario .
And now when Ash can have a Marketable Pokemon like Meowstic as his first psychic type , Writer completely IGNORED that Opportunity .
Enough reason for me to be Mad & Angry .
During BW Series , I was excited because Ash might final catch a Ride-able Quadruped Pokemon like Samurott .
But it turn out that Writer decide to make a ''Brock'' out of Oshawott.
Ash need a ''Ride-able Quadruped Pokemon !!! not something like Rhyhorn Or Gogoat But something like Arcanine or Samurott .
Now My only hope is that Ash might catch a Pryroar even though the chance is 0 !!!
So Writer better give a Meowstic instate of giving him that same type of Pokemon he already has ! Like a Ground type for example.
Plus Female Mewostic can play the same role Ash's Snivy played during Unova .
And Snivy's personality was the best .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post

In regards to the Grass Type question- does he really need to catch one? It's very likely James will end up with one of the ghost/grass 'mon and Clemont with Chespin means there's enough featured grass types.
Ash always catch a Bird , Fire , Water & grass Pokemon from every region .
And now , Writer has the opportunity of giving Ash a Ghost type alone with Grass type.
Plus , Writer need cute Pokemon like ''Gourgeist'' to write as many Pikachu shot as they want.
In Unova , Ash & Clian had Grass type Pokemon but it didn't stop writer from giving Ash another Grass type Pokemon and James a grass type Pokemon.

Old December 10th, 2013 (06:58 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

Yeah, but they're trying to break the mold again and there aren't that many new Grass-Types. Why not give him some other 'mon that might better suit him instead of sticking with a dated structure? Has is always been their intent to give Ash a grass-type? Or has it been their intent to give him a team with good variety? They could easily build a team for him that covers a lack of an actual grass-type.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old December 10th, 2013 (07:16 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have to admit the big lack in new Pokemon is making Ash's team harder to predict this generation, especially if he's going to mainly be marketing Kalos Pokemon. If Ash doesn't catch Chespin (it looks likely to go to Clemont at this stage) then I think out of the remaining Kalos Grass lines (Pumpkaboo, Skiddo and Phantump) it'd most likely be Skiddo.

Remember the example with Hoenn, Ash got quite a diverse team because he only got one of the three starters (Treecko in that case) hence it allowed him to showcase other Pokemon. And because Fletchling evolves into a Fire-type I'm still wondering if he'll even catch a Fire-type (I think only new Fire line alongside Fennekin's line is Litleo) or they will break a trend of Ash catching a Fire-type so that Fletchling (his birds always evolve) can eventually be his Fire-type for this generation.

As for Clemont and Serena, I could see them catching some older-generation Pokemon.
Old December 10th, 2013 (07:17 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I don't want to say that none of the Grass types in Kalos seem suitable enough to be owned by Ash since the writers can obviously give him whatever they want to (so long as it's not legendary), but if they had to then I'd love for it to be a Gourgeist he obtains in a trade. I could imagine in this scenario a trade between Ash and James where Ash trades James a Phantump he caught in a prior episode. I don't want to get into the specifics of what would lead for this to happen, but it'd be interesting if it did. Plus, I really want Ash to have a Ghost type that can be as fun as Haunter was in the Original Series.

Otherwise, I'd be okay if the writers decided to switch it up and break old traditions. Ash could easily use one of his old Grass types come the league if him having a Grass type Pokémon is so important.
Old December 10th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I think out of the remaining Kalos Grass lines (Pumpkaboo, Skiddo and Phantump) it'd most likely be Skiddo.
I don't think Ash would catch a Skiddo, though. He's already had plenty of experiences with Gogoat from Dec. so you'd think he would go with something different. I can't see Ash going with Pumpkaboo or Phantump because he never uses Ghost types (and the one time that he did it didn't work out very well). Perhaps he'll use one of his older Grass type Pokémon, similar to the Charizard scenario from AiUaB.

I'm going to agree with Anna and say that he should get something other than a Grass type. I know that he's always had a Grass type starter but after BW, anything can happen. I'm hoping that his team gets changed up for once :P

Hall of Fame

Old December 10th, 2013 (07:51 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbu View Post
I don't think Ash would catch a Skiddo, though. He's already had plenty of experiences with Gogoat from Dec. so you'd think he would go with something different. I can't see Ash going with Pumpkaboo or Phantump because he never uses Ghost types (and the one time that he did it didn't work out very well). Perhaps he'll use one of his older Grass type Pokémon, similar to the Charizard scenario from AiUaB.

I'm going to agree with Anna and say that he should get something other than a Grass type. I know that he's always had a Grass type starter but after BW, anything can happen. I'm hoping that his team gets changed up for once
I do know he hasn't owned a Ghost-type yet, but I'm not sure if the two Ghost/Grass lines even have that Ash vibe to me. But yeah, if he still has to use a Grass-type he could use one of his older-generation Grass-types although given he usually showcases the latest-gen Pokemon there could be a chance the trend may be broken due to the lack of new Pokemon in comparison to older generations.

I'm hoping he catches an Espurr, he hasn't owned a Psychic-type yet either. I'm alright for the writers wanting to change things up for his team to make up for the lack of new Pokemon. I could see his Fletchling cover Fire and Flying when it evolves, which is expected since all his birds evolve.
Old December 11th, 2013 (03:06 AM). Edited December 11th, 2013 by Famon.
Famon

Bottom line is , Ash must catch a Ghost , Psychic , Steel or Fairy Pokemon.
And now writer has perfect opportunity give Ash a Ghost type while following the usual pattern .
But Writer decide to break the pattern right then .
I Don't Care If Ash Get A Grass Type Or Not But He Better Get Himself A Ghost Type.
And there only 3 of them .
Off course if Ash catch's an Aegislash then it will cover both Ghost & Steel Type .
And I do want An Aegislash to be attracted to Ash's Leadership quality and start following him.
But , Does anyone here imagine Ash with Aegislash ????
Ash aint Iris who can get free Dragonite !!!
IF Ash catch Aegislash then all he has to do is to catch Meowstic & a fairy type from other region to cover all type .

Old December 11th, 2013 (10:37 PM).
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
Bottom line is , Ash must catch a Ghost , Psychic , Steel or Fairy Pokemon.
I would prefer him to catch one of those types, but he doesn't have to :\ He could get a Klefki and kill two Pidgey with one stone. With someone having a Dedenne, I don't think Ash will catch a Fairy type.

Quote:
I Don't Care If Ash Get A Grass Type Or Not But He Better Get Himself A Ghost Type.
And there only 3 of them .
That's the problem. There are only three of them so I don't think he'll get a Ghost type. He is overdue for actually catching one but I don't see it happening. Ghost types are not often used by Trainers in the anime.

Quote:
IF Ash catch Aegislash then all he has to do is to catch Meowstic & a fairy type from other region to cover all type .
Meowstic is a very eligible Psychic Pokémon for Ash to catch. It's fairly fast (Ash tends to use fast Pokémon) and I can see the gender differences being a big deal in the anime.

Hall of Fame

Old December 12th, 2013 (12:57 AM). Edited December 12th, 2013 by Famon.
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbu View Post
I would prefer him to catch one of those types, but he doesn't have to :\ He could get a Klefki and kill two Pidgey with one stone. With someone having a Dedenne, I don't think Ash will catch a Fairy type.
Meowstic is a very eligible Psychic Pokémon for Ash to catch. It's fairly fast (Ash tends to use fast Pokémon) and I can see the gender differences being a big deal in the anime.
We all know that Writer prefer Pokemon who can go on a cute adventure with Pikachu .
Unfortunately fully evolve Pokemon like Samurott , Serperior , Emboar & Gigalith doesn't fit the description.
They need cute Pokemon like Oshawott , Snivy & Scarggy for that.
Now
Writer can ether keep Froakie under-evolve Or They can give Ash other cute playful type Pokemon (Fully evolve if possible) So Froakie can afford to evolve into Greninja.
And ''Gourgeist'' , ''Meowstic'' & ''Granbull'' fit The Description.
Just imagine , A playful ''Gourgeist'' who play frank on Ash & Pikachu until Ash realize that it trying to play with them and he catch it .
Think-
Clemont's Chespin : New Oshawott
Female Meowstic : New Snivy
Gourgeist : The Frankstar of the Group.
Granbull : The new Scarggy .
Quote:
That's the problem. There are only three of them so I don't think he'll get a Ghost type. He is overdue for actually catching one but I don't see it happening. Ghost types are not often used by Trainers in the anime.
Ghost type are used by plenty trainer in this anime despite being rare type .
Plus Ash Or any main character didn't had a Dark type until BW series Where Ash catch's 2 Dark type Pokemon.

Old December 12th, 2013 (01:19 PM).
Pumpkaboo
Peek-a-boo

Ash has never officially owned a ghost type before, so unless that changes he'll probably end up with a Skiddo. Phantump might be a possibility, but I doubt he'd get a Pumpkaboo.

Though I'm very excited for obvious reasons! Look who was in the preview in the next episode! It's unlikely anyone will catch one. So I'll stick with my guess of Skiddo.
Attached Images
File Type: png pumpkaboo.png‎ (896.5 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old December 19th, 2013 (03:26 AM).
Famon

So Jessie got herself a Pumpkaboo!!!
That should be enough Pokemon for Jessie & James ! There no need to give them any more Pokemon .
I mean , What Do they will do with More Pokemon ???
Its not like they have any Positive goal is their life ! And Whatever Goal they have it not something we want coming though .
Not after DP Series
There no need to give Jessie & James any more good Pokemon who job will be regularly getting their ass-kicked by Ash & the other characters .
They are stock Like Ash ! just like Ash can't be a Pokemon Master until the end , The same Jessie & James can't have a positive and have a good life.
I heard rumor about Jessie getting a Litleo But I hope it doesn't come true because Litleo deserve to be Ash's Pokemon !

Old December 19th, 2013 (05:59 PM).
Piks

I can see Ash getting a Skiddo and a Litleo since these two Pokemon suits Ash's team a whole lot better.

I don't see Totodile ever evolving since he is a strong pokemon and he have way too much personality for that to ever happen.

I hope he does get a Skiddo and Litleo, these pokemon will be the best thing on his Kalos team.
Old December 21st, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Famon

Current episode shown that Ash & Co need a Pokemon Translator Because they could never figure out Pangoro's problem without Meowth's help .
That Why I still believe that Ash should catch his own talking Pokemon .
May be A Lucario who can transfer his thought to Ash Or A shiny Meowstic who was experimented by some Evil scientist.
By the Way ,
Wouldn't it be cool if Hypothetically Ash encounter a same-aged serious female rival with Braxien after he catchs a Lucario ???
Get it , Lucario Vs Braxien

Old January 6th, 2014 (10:18 AM).
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
There's also the chance Ash catches a Clauncher, because he always.tends to use crustacean-like Pokémon.

I think female Meowstic suits Serena a whole lot better, and maybe Ash will have a male Meowstic.

My prediction of the teams at the end of the Kalos saga:
Ash's team:
Pikachu - Greninja - Talonflame - Clauncher - Pancham/Pangoro - Bergmite/Avalugg/Male Meowstic

Serena'sTeam: Braixen/Delphox -Female Meowstic -Sylveon - Goodra - Noibat

Clemont: Bunnelby - Dedenne - Heliolisk - Quilladin

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links