The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 13th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Mine was Emerald :3 And I don't regret it <3 I knew most of the pokemon from 1st gen since those were my childhood - but gen 3 was brand new to me so I didn't know anything about most of the pokemon that were in games :D But I got back into pokemon again - and since that day I've played most of the roms (original and hacks) that were completed and available to download <3

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old September 13th, 2013 (09:59 AM).
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
My first game was Pokémon Yellow. Since I was a huge fan of the Pokémon TV show, when I got the game it was a dream come true.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old September 13th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
Malek Warhawk
Epic Adventurer

Nature: Naive
My very first game was Pokemon Red...
& my first pokemon (on the game & the TCG) was Charmander!
(Yes, I'm excited for Mega Charizard!)
For more info, PM me please!
Old September 13th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
genga91

Nature: Relaxed
My first pokemon game was Blue. My cousins and I decided to get the game for Christmas, so me and one of my cousins went for blue while the other two got Red.
Old September 18th, 2013 (07:55 PM).
BourbonWhiskey
Pokemon Trainer Since 1998

Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Yellow at the same time.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 19th, 2013 (07:19 AM).
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Nature: Timid
Well, I played Red, Yellow, Silver and Sapphire, which I played after a friend of mine had finished them, and I gave them back to him after I finished them. The first game I bought myself was actually Platinum, and since then I haven't had a single second hand game. It's always great to be able to restart them whenever you want. The first impression I had, while playing Red, was "omg this is awesome".

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 19th, 2013 (07:57 AM).
DarkEmeraldRarity
Love-Crazy and Music Mad

Gold,Got it from a cousin as Pokemania died down
Old September 19th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Yahoo to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Skype™ to Lucreciatwo
My first pokemon game was Blue.
It was so long ago, but I think my first pokemon was
Bulbasaur.
Old September 19th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
If I'm not mistaken, Blue.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 19th, 2013 (08:54 AM).
Azure Rathalδs
tumblr famous doesn't count
Community Supporter

It was actually a spin-off that I started with; Blue Rescue Team. I still stand by that title being quite a underrated title.

As for main series titles, it was Emerald. While I only played it on my DS phat with the 2nd slot making it impossible to trade pokémon, I still enjoyed the title while waiting for Pokémon Pearl to come out.
Old September 19th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

Nature: Jolly
Pokemon Ruby version. I was only 7 years old when the game came out but I didn't play the game until a year later after it's original release. It's weird though because I would always watch the original anime series and collect PKMN cards but never played the games until Gen 3. That being said, I've never played any Gen 1 or Gen 2 main game, started with Gen 3.

Ruby -> FireRed -> Diamond -> Black -> White 2
Old September 19th, 2013 (06:03 PM).
oshawottlover13

Mine was Gold. i was 4 when i got it. it was actaully around ruby and sapphire came out and i think my brother gave it to me. but i dont remember much of it. i probably didnt understand what i doing lol. but it was very special to me. like i traded it for a skarmory card (give me a break i was 4 ok?) and i started having a meltdown and i finally got my game back...and kept the skarmory card hehehehehehe

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old September 19th, 2013 (06:23 PM).
Mia Mew
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚

Nature: Gentle
When I was a kid, I played the original Pokemon stadium with my big sis! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*: ・゚✧

It was really fun, and actually how I bonded with her. I was about 5, and she was 9, so we were kinda far apart in age, but whenever we played Pokemon, I felt like we actually had a chance to spend time together and laugh and have fun!! It was great.

She's 20 now, and I'm 99% sure she grew out of Pokemon, unfortunately. T_T
Old September 19th, 2013 (07:36 PM).
FinalInsanity

Pokemon Yellow. As a kid I loved the anime, and well hey, gotta get the version that's closest to it. Then along came GSC, then RSE, etc... It's been a long fulfilling relationship, Pokemon and I.

Challenge Runs:

Ultimate Solo Dratini (Red: CLEAR!) (Soulsilver: CLEAR!) (Sapphire: 0/8) (Platinum: 0/8) (Black 1: 0/8) (Black 2: 0/8)
Old September 19th, 2013 (08:53 PM).
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

That'd be Pokémon Pinball for the gameboy color. Well, it was actually Pokémon Pinball and Pokémon Red together but Pokémon Pinball was my first Pokémon that I touched and played all the way through.
Old September 19th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
Lunarose
replaced by lies

Nature: Modest
My first pokemon I believe was either Pokemon Stadium 2 or hey you pikachu! I might have gotten them at around the same times and I was so young so I don't remember well Dx
But my first game from the main series was Pokemon Crystal. My old best friend in elementary school had decided to give it to me as a birthday present because he didnt play it much. I remember he only got as far as Goldenrod City. I restarted of course, to have my own experience with the game. Since then i've probably replayed it around 3 times through, each with different starters and teams. I have no idea where it is right now sadly, but ill still never forget that my friend gifted me such a great game :')
Old September 20th, 2013 (04:50 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Have to say Ruby. It was my first, and soon swapped to Sapphire because Kyogre. But I get good memories trying to fix that stupid dry battery and getting my Kadabra to level 100 hoping it will evolve.
Old September 20th, 2013 (06:07 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
First game was during my elementary days which is a LeafGreen which a friend loaned to me for a moment before asking for it back. That moment was how I got hooked on Pokemon.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old September 20th, 2013 (06:13 PM).
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

it was red (or was it blue) back in 2000...

Old September 21st, 2013 (05:22 PM).
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Pokemon Stadium. Even though Pokemon Stadium 2 was already out by then, I got it to save money... in hindsight, should have convinced my parents to get PS2 considering it had everything PS had and more.
Old September 21st, 2013 (05:27 PM).
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Pokémon Red Version was my first ever game.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old September 21st, 2013 (05:32 PM).
PokemonCollector-N
Pokemon Collector

Nature: Naughty
Blue was my first. Back when I was a wee pup I absolutely adored Pokémon, but I was a bit behind on the gaming systems so while people were getting their copies of Ruby and Sapphire, it hadn't been long since I'd just acquired Blue. Though, that's partially my fault.

In a time before I got Blue, I saw Red in the store and wanted to try it out. I tried the game in my GameBoy Color and couldn't seem to figure out how to get out of the player's house, so I told my dad "No way, that's not Pokémon!" and we left. It was only when my mother's boyfriend at the time gave me Blue that I realized that the game I could've gotten was Pokémon. After that I got Yellow, and constantly had people asking me "Don't you mean Pokémon gold?" It was pretty annoying honestly. Eh.

"What if Canada was real?"

Magikarp? More like Magiking.
Old September 22nd, 2013 (03:21 AM).
Sven

Sapphire.
I remember I didn't know there was a new generation, and when I saw starters I was literally blown away. I chose Torchic, and got disappointed when I saw Combusken, I guess I expected a Phoenix or something lol
Either way, I loved it.
Old September 22nd, 2013 (10:58 AM).
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

My first game was Pokemon Silver.

Although, me and my elder brothers had to share a copy of Pokemon Yellow, because they didn't understand the way the game worked.
Old September 22nd, 2013 (01:01 PM).
Warsmith
Drinker of Coffee

Nature: Bold
I got Pokemon Blue Version as a surprise present along with a Blue Gameboy, koffi~

I somewhat regret getting rid of it. Oh well, sometimes I need to get rid of old stuff. I guess I could have kept it, but I have too much stuff. I have a stack of Playstation 3 videogames that is taller than I am. I have several Nintendo DS games that probably do the same. I don't want to see about my Snes games. I don't have a large list of playstation games or playstation 2 games anymore. . . I had to trade in my advance games in order to get what I wanted, but I don't regret it. It was like releasing a long-term Pokemon friend. They helped me on my journey one last time before we had to say good-bye forever, koff~

Sponsored Links