The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 12th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
I think it's interesting concept that should have stayed only with not evolved Pokemon imo...
Evolving already evolved Pokemon is too much... Well... I'll see when I see them in action, I guess =D
My favorite's gotta be MEGA Lucario 'cause... it's Lucario =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 12th, 2013, 11:49 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
My favorites are MegaMawile,MegaAbsol, and MegaBlaziken
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Blastoise's MegaEvolution is one of my favorites. I love the way that it has only one large cannon on its back instead of two smaller ones. Also, the mini-cannons on its hands are just wonderful. I like Mega Charizard, too. It seems to be more slimmer, faster, powerful, and more intimidating. Venusaur's Mega form has gotta be one of my least favorites. When you compare it to its normal form, it's quite hard to notice the differences other than the mark on its forehead.

Last edited by Peitharchia; September 13th, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
My favorite Megevolution would have to be MegaVenusaur. I think what a lot of people are missing is that keeping things simplistic probably is for the better. I've heard both sides: either Venusaur changes too much, or it has changed too little. Personally? I really think it's in-between, and that's just fine with me. Venu has changed somewhat for it's appearance to be notable (the redesigned flower gives it a more menacing look, and plus, it looks kind of like it's evil clone from Pokemon, The First Movie. I mean, isn't that cool or what?), but it hasn't changed too much for the design to be overly gaudy or anything of that nature, and I feel that's the example that the rest of the megaevolutions should follow, IMO.

I don't necessarily have a least favorite megaevolution, but Lucario is somewhere in there. I used to think that it looked totally badass, but it lost its appeal to me because of those spikes on its body. Now, I get that spikes are supposed to make certain Pokemon look cool, but Lucario barely had them in its original form and it was just fine how it was. Why add more?
Old September 13th, 2013, 02:47 AM
BeefTaco

Nature: Relaxed
I do like Mega Evolutions. The main reason I like them is the possibility of changing the Metagame drastically. If I had to compare them to something, it would be the Pokemon TCG Ace Spec cards, I don't really play the card game but I know a little about it and Ace Spec cards have some similarities to Mega Pokemon in some way.

Getting back to the topic of changing the Metagame, I hope Mega Pokemon become a key part of the competitive teams. Many competitive teams often leave room for a Wild Card so I hope Mega Pokemon fill up that role.

My favorite Mega Evolution so far is MegaCharizard, but if Feraligtr gets a Mega Evolution too then that would probably end up being my favorite.
Old September 13th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Black Dynamite
Resident Noob

Nature: Adamant
i definitely think mega evolutions are cool! however i dont like how all the already powerful pokemon are getting them. hopefully they're balanced in some kind of way.
i like the ampharos and mawile ones even the absol, but mega-mew2 i'll have to wait and see on that one.
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:25 AM
metalhand

After seeing how badass Garchomp became, I'm even more exited for new mega evos(and I was very exited ever since I heard about ib the coocoro leaks)
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:05 AM
BeefTaco

You can relax now guys

Mega Garchomp

When Garchomp becomes Mega Garchomp, the increased energy flows into the Pokémon's arms, turning them into huge blades! Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.

is going to be ok.
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
And if X/Y's speed tiers increase, then I can forsee Megachomp being outspeed pretty easily, perhaps.
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Gengarism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
You can relax now guys

Mega Garchomp

When Garchomp becomes Mega Garchomp, the increased energy flows into the Pokémon's arms, turning them into huge blades! Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.

is going to be ok.
Ah so there is a negative effect with mega evolutions. This is good... Very good.

My Trade Shop Shiny Value: 3241
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:16 AM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengarism View Post
Ah so there is a negative effect with mega evolutions. This is good... Very good.
Well this is the first time GF has stated a stat decrease in a Mega Pokemon so we cant be sure.
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
Well this is the first time GF has stated a stat decrease in a Mega Pokemon so we cant be sure.
Plus it's only a "little" according to them...so maybe a 3-5 drop...

You know it makes logical sense it's speed feel as it's head is no longer as aerial dymamic shaped as normal Garchomps.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Stokesma

Nature: Mild
Design wise, I really like Mega Blastoise, Mega Garchomp, and Mega Blaziken.
With Mega Blastoise, it's always good to have more cannons!
Mega Garchomp just looks more ferocious.
I really like the red and black coloration on Mege Blaziken.

However, I have to say that I have gained a soft spot for Mega Ampharos over the past weeks. Just recently, I trained an Ampharos on my Pokemon Black in honor of it. I may transfer him to my Y version for his Mega Evolution.

Additionally, I had an instant liking to Mega Kangaskhan. The form seems simple but effective!
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
BeefTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Plus it's only a "little" according to them...so maybe a 3-5 drop...

You know it makes logical sense it's speed feel as it's head is no longer as aerial dymamic shaped as normal Garchomps.
Yep, I actually expect Garchomp to be in either 650- 660 BST level even with the speed decrease, GF is really hyping the strength of these Mega-Evolutions.
Old September 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

I believe negative effects only counts for fully evolved Pokémons such as the starters.
Base Pokémons such as Absol and Mawile don't have much to lose in Mega form. However, that's what I think.
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Community Supporter

It could be possible that Garchomp is the one of the Megas announced so far with a decrease...though a reshift of Mewtwo's special atk to atk for X seems likely
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:18 PM
FlamingRage
Can you feel my rage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
While I do think some of the designs are kind of cool, like for say Charizard and Garchomp, as a whole, I don't really like the idea of mega evolutions. It just seems gimmicky to me - it's taken B&W's powercreep to a whole new level, because let's face it, Mega Garchomp with Sand Force is gaudy, and I don't really like that. There is such a thing as too much power. XD Throw in the fact that everybody and their mother will be using these things, they'll be everywhere. The saving grace is that it's battle only, and the Pokemon will revert after the fight or without their mega stone.

Going by what Artemis said too, I'd hate for a Pokemon like a Mawile, Druddigon, etc, to get a mega evolution instead of a plenty viable actual evo. That would be kind of lame. :/
I was thinking the same for the most part. I was kinda let down that we couldn't just get a plin evolution of Mawile.

At first it does seem like mega Garchomp would be OP, but the official site says that while his attack and spacial attack rise, he has a drop in speed. So it souldn't be too hard to outspeed it, and with it's 4x ice weakness, I'm actually doubting that anyone will bother using mega Garchomp since you're limited to 1 megalution at a time.
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Mega-Mon CAN'T hold items, they need a hold item to evolve, right? Then Mega Garchomp will be slower (like 100 instead of 102) AND no Choice Scarf.

Do you think BOSS trainers will mega-evolve in X/Y?? Like a Leaders last Pokemon, or champion?
Old September 13th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Community Supporter

I do think gym leaders and significant trainers will be able to assess Mega Evolutions...well more so the ones later in the game after meeting Katarina (hope I remembered her name correctly) as she's the one who teaches us about them and gives us the run down and I expect her to be the fourth gym leader.
Old September 13th, 2013, 08:30 PM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I do think gym leaders and significant trainers will be able to assess Mega Evolutions...well more so the ones later in the game after meeting Katarina (hope I remembered her name correctly) as she's the one who teaches us about them and gives us the run down and I expect her to be the fourth gym leader.
It's Korrina actually. But I guess Mega could start at Korrina gym if gym leaders use Mega evo.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old September 13th, 2013, 09:24 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
I would really like a Mega Gengar. I don't think there's much that can be done to it in design since it's pretty basic (but still wonderful). But I do feel like they could pull something nice off. I would dedicate myself to getting a mega stone for gengar.

Mega Ampharos looks pretty dumb. Like a friend of mine said, it looks like it just tried to audition for Ru Paul's Drag race.
The mega lucario looks pretty decent though. I wouldn't say that it was changed too much, which is good. I'm not looking for extreme changes in design when it comes to mega evolutions.
As a drag queen, I would like to formally state that mega Ampharos does not represent us! Haha
Old September 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
It's Korrina actually. But I guess Mega could start at Korrina gym if gym leaders use Mega evo.
Korrina will proably have MegaLucario if she is indeed a fighting type gym leader.

I think there's going to be 60 megas, 10 for each generation (their final forms of course for example Scizor will fall under II rather than I)
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:18 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Each mega evolution had its own held item needed to unlock it. Mewtwonite, Blazikenite, etc.

WHERE are we going to get these items?

So where are the mega stones coming from? Paid DLC perhaps?

Maybe getting all the stones is something being saved for the sequel?
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
Each mega evolution had its own held item needed to unlock it. Mewtwonite, Blazikenite, etc.

WHERE are we going to get these items?

So where are the mega stones coming from? Paid DLC perhaps?

Maybe getting all the stones is something being saved for the sequel?
Well irc they said the Mega Stones are scattered across the Kalos Region so I'm thinking we need to find them or have someone give them to us...

Some will be events such as the Blazikenite.

It is possible there may also be DLC and that some could be saved for sequels...nothing is definite yet.
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:01 PM
ShinyMagcargo

At first I didn't really like the idea of mega evos but I've warmed up to them a little, however, I feel that with these new mega forms it's going to get even harder to use some of the less powerful pokemon as a lot of people will probably use them in order to win. I would like to see a Mega Magcargo though as he is one of my favorite pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here