Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old September 14th, 2013 (06:03 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by JawlessMoose:
At first I didn't really like the idea of mega evos but I've warmed up to them a little, however, I feel that with these new mega forms it's going to get even harder to use some of the less powerful pokemon as a lot of people will probably use them in order to win. I would like to see a Mega Magcargo though as he is one of my favorite pokemon.
There's a rumor about a MegaMagcargo...according to it it loses it's rock typing and it's special attack increases, and it gains Flash Fire.
Old September 14th, 2013 (08:06 PM). Edited September 14th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it

I used to think that Flash Fire would be a good ability for Magcargo, but after giving it a second thought, I decided that it's not such a good idea. When your opponent's about to use a fire-type move, you just can't switch into Magcargo and expect it to activate Flash Fire. In order for it to take advantage of its Flash Fire ability, it would have to take one full turn after it's sent out on the field to fully transform itself into its Mega form. And once it does transform, people won't be using fire attacks anyway because they're fully aware of what's going to happen if they do. d: Hope that made sense.

I think they should have given Magcargo the Blaze ability. It would've been able to increase the power of its fire-type moves after only a couple of turns, which is much better than Flash Fire. Either that, or it should've kept Flame Body.
Old September 14th, 2013 (08:17 PM).
Silver Tier

Doesn't Marcargo have flame body normally?

I hope they give Ampharos more dragon moves so it can fully utilise it's dragon typing when in Mega.
Old September 14th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
From the trailers, it looks like you can attack and mega-evolve on the same turn. I saw the player pick an attack and click mega-evolve. it evolved, then attacked. I think.
Old September 14th, 2013 (09:36 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
From the trailers, it looks like you can attack and mega-evolve on the same turn. I saw the player pick an attack and click mega-evolve. it evolved, then attacked. I think.
Yes thats the way it work, I saw it when I watched people playing the demo and using mega mewtwo
Old September 15th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
Free to dream, free to smile

Wouldn't Mega Mawile be considered a Dragon slayer and a Fairy slayer? Because it's Fairy/Steel typing. I don't know about uber steel-type moves since I don't use Steel-types that often.
Old September 15th, 2013 (02:08 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Decimosoma:
Wouldn't Mega Mawile be considered a Dragon slayer and a Fairy slayer? Because it's Fairy/Steel typing. I don't know about uber steel-type moves since I don't use Steel-types that often.
Oh right it can...Mawile: The Mystic Slayer!

Does anyone else thing the mascots may have something to do with Mega Evolutions? Usually a new feature isn't featured in the title of a game (however not many have been as big as Mega Evolutions). Maybe they're the creators of the Mega Stones...or at least their guardians.
Old September 15th, 2013 (02:33 PM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:

Does anyone else thing the mascots may have something to do with Mega Evolutions? Usually a new feature isn't featured in the title of a game (however not many have been as big as Mega Evolutions). Maybe they're the creators of the Mega Stones...or at least their guardians.
Definitely. I too think they've got some relation to the Mega evolutions. Possibly the guardians of those stonehenges, where maybe the power source is coming from for the ability to mega-evolve?
Old September 15th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by JP:
Definitely. I too think they've got some relation to the Mega evolutions. Possibly the guardians of those stonehenges, where maybe the power source is coming from for the ability to mega-evolve?
Well they showed a tower which is connected to Mega Evolutions...that may be the source or there could be multiple...maybe the key to awakening (by Key I mean item such as orb, stone, wing) Yvetal could be in the tower and Xerneas' key could be in the stones (and Z in the isolated island!). So there may be multiple points which radiate the power for Mega Evolutions.
Old September 15th, 2013 (03:13 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Professor Oak knew about Mega-Evolutions this whole time. He just forgot to mention it.
Old September 16th, 2013 (03:04 AM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Or perhaps, Xerneas and Yveltal have the ability to Megaevolve also. Wouldn't that be a big surprise? xD

To guide those who are
lost
, and fight alongside those who are
found
, that is my duty. «
Old September 16th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Silver Tier

I hope they give Raichu and Clefable Mega Evolutions. Those two aren't all that strong and quite popular.
Old September 16th, 2013 (02:26 PM).

They should make Mega Zororak.
Old September 16th, 2013 (02:28 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by HyperXhydra:
They should make Mega Zororak.
They made MegaLucario and MegaMewtwo (two of them) so why not? Seeing how she's seen as a Lucario Expy who is seen as a Mewtwo Expy...
Old September 16th, 2013 (02:41 PM).

Megahydreigon!
Ghetsis's uber in Pokemon grey!

or it should be called super uber.
Old September 16th, 2013 (03:55 PM).

I'm still not sure if I'm all for the mega evolutions. My main problem with them is that they only last for one battle. Why couldn't they just make another evolution for these Pokemon? Yes, I know that the max amount of evolution stages is three, but just imagine how awesome it would be to have a fourth evolution for some of these Pokemon? But I guess this is the next best thing.
Old September 16th, 2013 (05:30 PM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by HyperXhydra:
Megahydreigon!
Ghetsis's uber in Pokemon grey!

or it should be called super uber.
I actually kinda support this, at least to make up for Hydreigon's crushing 4x Fairy-weakness. :x

To guide those who are
lost
found
, that is my duty. «
Old September 16th, 2013 (05:32 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I actually kinda support this, at least to make up for Hydreigon's crushing 4x Fairy-weakness. :x
Sadly it's rumored to not have one...which if true will make this the kick Hydreigon while it's down act of this generation...
Old September 16th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Sadly it's rumored to not have one...which if true will make this the kick Hydreigon while it's down act of this generation...
Yeah, that's kinda the sad part about it.

But out of curiosity...if we're really going to give megaevolutions to any dragon, then why not let Druddigon have one? It'd be interesting to see what it's megaevo would look like.

To guide those who are
lost
found
, that is my duty. «
Old September 16th, 2013 (05:36 PM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Saw the other Mewtwo Mega evo. The one that wasn't revealed in the beginning. I'm guessing X? At any rate, it certainly looks like the better one of the two, and a more natural jump. Then again, the original Mega evo looks like what mankind would've got if they kept Mewtwo in the labs for longer than expected.

Eh, either way, I couldn't help but laugh at trailers with a little girl trainer commanding Mewtwo. I'm gonna have to do better to suspend my disbelief for this game, hah. That or Mewtwo's gone really soft over the past decade plus.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 16th, 2013 (05:38 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by dbp:
Saw the other Mewtwo Mega evo. The one that wasn't revealed in the beginning. I'm guessing X? At any rate, it certainly looks like the better one of the two, and a more natural jump. Then again, the original Mega evo looks like what mankind would've got if they kept Mewtwo in the labs for longer than expected.

Eh, either way, I couldn't help but laugh at trailers with a little girl trainer commanding Mewtwo. I'm gonna have to do better to suspend my disbelief for this game, hah. That or Mewtwo's gone really soft over the past decade plus.
It sort of will in this game...seeing how some of it's dex entries claim it has the most vicious heart out of all Pokémon...yet to Mega Evolve it one has to have a strong bond with it...which means petting it...and that Poke aime stuff xd
Old September 16th, 2013 (06:04 PM).
& having to receive it

If they do decide to give Hydreigon a MegaEvolution form, then I'd like to see them replace either one of its current types. Right now, this Pokémon's type combination is dragon and dark. This makes it four times weak to fairy, which could significantly reduce its usage in competitive play. Hydreigon is an amazing special-attacking Pokémon, and it would absolutely suck to see people stop paying attention to it just because of its weakness to fairy-types. D:
Old September 16th, 2013 (06:14 PM).
i'm a squid
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
If they do decide to give Hydreigon a MegaEvolution form, then I'd like to see them replace either one of its current types. Right now, this Pokémon's type combination is dragon and dark. This makes it four times weak to fairy, which could significantly reduce its usage in competitive play. Hydreigon is an amazing special-attacking Pokémon, and it would absolutely suck to see people stop paying attention to it just because of its weakness to fairy-types. D:
You know, I guess given that rumored list of Mega Evos is fake, and the fact Mega Garchomp got revealed there could still be hope for Hydreigon getting a Mega, and if it does they should try and take out one of its types to cut down that 4x Fairy weakness. In competitive, I could see it falling to UU mainly if OU has strong Fairy-types. It's one of the few special-based Dark and Dragon Pokemon out there and it will need some love.
Old September 16th, 2013 (06:15 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
Well people stay pay attention to Tyranitar...which is 4x weak against Fighting. So I doubt they'll ignore it. However if they are to replace a type it maybe Dark for Steel...as originally Hydreigon was going to be a mecha like dragon...
Old September 16th, 2013 (08:19 PM).

they could make Hydreigon mega some kind of mecha dragon, just look at blaziken they took a beta pic of him.

Lapras could get something like this for the Mega:

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links