Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old September 17th, 2013 (03:09 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I know a lot of people were nitpicking it, but we also nipicked Mega Mewtwo Y and were wrong about that. We nitpicked Pignite when he was first revealed and it was "Confirmed Fake" by many people on Youtube and other sites.

The picture appeared before Mega Garchomp did with it listing Garchomp as a Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution. Something like this I can't say we can rule out based on what happened in the past. Sure its fake until true, but its as accurate as the fake rumors that appeared on Pokebeach which were about 50% true and 50% false.

More can appear as time goes on which like the rumors posted on Pokebeach can turn out to be true.
Old September 17th, 2013 (04:07 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
I know a lot of people were nitpicking it, but we also nipicked Mega Mewtwo Y and were wrong about that. We nitpicked Pignite when he was first revealed and it was "Confirmed Fake" by many people on Youtube and other sites.

The picture appeared before Mega Garchomp did with it listing Garchomp as a Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution. Something like this I can't say we can rule out based on what happened in the past. Sure its fake until true, but its as accurate as the fake rumors that appeared on Pokebeach which were about 50% true and 50% false.

More can appear as time goes on which like the rumors posted on Pokebeach can turn out to be true.
I actually believed the Mewtwo Y. However this list while I like it seems to give me a bad feeling I usually get about fakes...also if it's fake it means Mega Hydreigon is possible...so that's good.
Old September 18th, 2013 (01:07 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
I really liked Mega Blaziken, it was seriously improved, looked less... weird. xD

The newly revealed Mega Garchomp was also really awesome. :D
Old September 18th, 2013 (02:16 AM).
Silver Tier

Mega Garchomp face looks demon like...
I'm hoping Staryu's line get's a Mega.
Old September 18th, 2013 (03:11 AM). Edited September 18th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
A Scene In Between
ModeratorBSCS

Mega Garchomp would have looked a lot nicer if it didn't have those spikes on its body. Also, it would've been better if it didn't keep the same type combination of its regular form. I know that it has an immunity over electric-type moves, but it has four times weakness to ice attacks as well. And ice-type moves are pretty common in competitive play, especially Ice Beam, Icicle Spear, and Ice Punch. If it's hit by any one of those attacks, then it would be taken down instantly within a blink of an eye. In my opinion, Mega Garchomp should have lost its ground typing and became a pure dragon-type Pokémon.

If they were to give Starmie a Mega form, then I think it should lose its big gem in the middle and have two smaller gems. I would also like to see its Special Attack stat increased a bit. (:
Old September 18th, 2013 (03:33 AM).
SRK

Nature: Docile
I'm not a fan of mega evolutions. I rather have them with real evolutions.
If Magnezone becomes Mega He better get levitate

Upgrading Pokemon
Old September 18th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Fading Tree:
I'm not a fan of mega evolutions. I rather have them with real evolutions.
If Magnezone becomes Mega He better get levitate
A levitating MegaMagnezone would be cool to see, and would remove that pesky 4x weakness. Now that'll only leave it with Fire, and Fighting weaknesses.
Old September 18th, 2013 (10:50 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
I rather Magnezone stayed with Magnet Pull and continued his role as a Steel type killer.
Old September 18th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
I rather Magnezone stayed with Magnet Pull and continued his role as a Steel type killer.
This. Magnezone has a primary niche in trapping and killing Steels such a Scizor or Ferrothorn or Forretress, getting rid of that ability and replacing it with anything else would just ruin that, imo. u_u

Old September 18th, 2013 (10:54 AM).

Wouldn't that make Magnezone completely overpowered? That would probably make him uber....

Old September 18th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote originally posted by ivarstaal:
Wouldn't that make Magnezone completely overpowered? That would probably make him uber....
No? Even with Levitate, it's still very much weak to Fire and Fighting attacks. Any decent Uber Pokemon would still most likely kill it in the rain with a good powered Fire Blast. If that's out of the question, there's still plenty of Focus blasts to go around. Point being, Magnezone is in no way overpowered, with or without Levitate.

Old September 18th, 2013 (11:35 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
No? Even with Levitate, it's still very much weak to Fire and Fighting attacks. Any decent Uber Pokemon would still most likely kill it in the rain with a good powered Fire Blast. If that's out of the question, there's still plenty of Focus blasts to go around. Point being, Magnezone is in no way overpowered, with or without Levitate.
What? Kill it in the Rain with a Fire Blast? Do you mean to say kill it in the sun? As Rain weakens fire Moves...or do you mean to say it's special defense is just that weak?

I think MegaMagnezone should gain some speed and some special defense.
Old September 18th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
What? Kill it in the Rain with a Fire Blast? Do you mean to say kill it in the sun? As Rain weakens fire Moves...or do you mean to say it's special defense is just that weak?

I think MegaMagnezone should gain some speed and some special defense.
Ferrothorn can be OHKO'd by a Fire Blast Dialga in Rain. It is not impossible to do the same with a Magnezone. Of course, you're right in one aspect--the damage output is significantly lowered because it's only 2x weak instead of 4x weak...but...

56+ SpA Dialga Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone in rain: 152-180 (45.5 - 53.89%) -- 3.91% chance to 2HKO

Keep in mind, that is defensive Dialga, something that is not made to sweep at all, and it has a fairly decent chance of 2HKO'ing 'Zone in rain with a good damage roll. But let's see actual offensive Dialga.

252+ SpA Dialga Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone in rain: 174-206 (52.09 - 61.67%) -- 97.66% chance to 2HKO

I'd say there's quite a different in damage, wouldn't you? Rain isn't the end-all-be all when it comes to Fire attacks in ubers--some are still strong enough to deal some catastrophic damage to you if you aren't careful, or have certain precautions first--which is why I'm saying that 'Zone wouldn't be that good of a candidate, anyway. That, and it's ridiculously slow for the purpose that it's given. I honestly think that it's a sitting duck for attacks in ubers, but I could be wrong, but seeing as I've never seen a Magnezone in ubers ever (what is it honestly going to trap? Dialga? Genesect? Admittedly, it could possibly OHKO the latter with HP Fire, provided you're not decimated by flamethrower first, but 'Zone is more or less helpless against Dialga), there's a good chance that it won't be "overpowered" anytime soon.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to 'Zone having a megaevolution of some sort, but I'm not sure what the particular form would achieve that the regular form doesn't already.

Old September 18th, 2013 (12:02 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Ferrothorn can be OHKO'd by a Fire Blast Dialga in Rain. It is not impossible to do the same with a Magnezone. Of course, you're right in one aspect--the damage output is significantly lowered because it's only 2x weak instead of 4x weak...but...

56+ SpA Dialga Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone in rain: 152-180 (45.5 - 53.89%) -- 3.91% chance to 2HKO

Keep in mind, that is defensive Dialga, something that is not made to sweep at all, and it has a fairly decent chance of 2HKO'ing 'Zone in rain with a good damage roll. But let's see actual offensive Dialga.

252+ SpA Dialga Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone in rain: 174-206 (52.09 - 61.67%) -- 97.66% chance to 2HKO

I'd say there's quite a different in damage, wouldn't you? Rain isn't the end-all-be all when it comes to Fire attacks in ubers--some are still strong enough to deal some catastrophic damage to you if you aren't careful, or have certain precautions first--which is why I'm saying that 'Zone wouldn't be that good of a candidate, anyway. That, and it's ridiculously slow for the purpose that it's given. I honestly think that it's a sitting duck for attacks in ubers, but I could be wrong, but seeing as I've never seen a Magnezone in ubers ever (what is it honestly going to trap? Dialga? Genesect? Admittedly, it could possibly OHKO the latter with HP Fire, provided you're not decimated by flamethrower first, but 'Zone is more or less helpless against Dialga), there's a good chance that it won't be "overpowered" anytime soon.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to 'Zone having a megaevolution of some sort, but I'm not sure what the particular form would achieve that the regular form doesn't already.
Hence why I think they should give it's Mega should it be given one more speed and special defense
Old September 18th, 2013 (12:10 PM).
真月 零

Nature: Sassy
As long as they have new ones up I am very happy ~
Surely you'd dislike one and the other, but thus far I only disliked the Mewtwo X.

BARIAN EMPEROR

. R E I . S H I N G E T S U .

Old September 19th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
Silver Tier

"According to an interview on Polygon, it has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y. " This is from Serebii. So it seems it is just Gen I-IV (we have yet to confirm Gen V Megas...) Megas...at least for these two games. Hopefully they'll get some Megas in the third version/ sequels or old generation remakes.
Old September 19th, 2013 (07:47 AM).
Fictional Writer.

I would say they will add a few in the third version/sequels. They will probably add a bit more in the next generation that they are probably already planning a little of like with BW and BW2.

But im interested.... how is Polygon linked to the 6th gen and how did it lead to saying none of the 6th gen pokemon would have Megalutions? Just ignore this part marked out...
Old September 19th, 2013 (07:49 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
I would say they will add a few in the third version/sequels. They will probably add a bit more in the next generation that they are probably already planning a little of like with BW and BW2. But im interested.... how is Polygon linked to the 6th gen and how did it lead to saying none of the 6th gen pokemon would have Megalutions?
It was an interview on Polygon (not the Pokemon for anyone reading it as Porygon xD). I'm guessing Masuda or someone else said there'll be no Kalos Megas at least for these two games (note it says XY, not Gen VI).
Old September 19th, 2013 (07:51 AM).
Fictional Writer.

Opps..... yeah I am still half alsleep Lol... Hahaha my bad.

But anyways, I really don't want to see Megalutions for 6th Gen yet. I would like to see a few for 5th, but it wouldn't disappoint me. I still really want a Empoleon Megalution.

Darker Than It Seem..
Shadow: (Fighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, Glacieon, and Krokorok

Phoena: (Water/Ground)
Party: Swanna, Poliwrath and Vaporeon.
Old September 19th, 2013 (08:21 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Opps..... yeah I am still half alsleep Lol... Hahaha my bad.

But anyways, I really don't want to see Megalutions for 6th Gen yet. I would like to see a few for 5th, but it wouldn't disappoint me. I still really want a Empoleon Megalution.
I want a MegaEmpoleon too...I bet it'll look awesome! Hopefully though it won't have spikes...as thus far the two Sinnoh Megas have. Hoenn's have been rather unique thus far one gaining wings, one changing it's color scheme and a different headcrest, and another got wings!

I do want a Porygon Z Mega though :3
Old September 19th, 2013 (09:18 AM).
Arlyn Aquos
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
Is it just me or does Mega Lucario look like he is now part Giratina Origin Forme?

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old September 19th, 2013 (09:32 AM).

Well it seems the Kalos starters will be useless compared to Kanto an Hoenn starters that will have Mega evolutions and Kalos starters will not.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old September 19th, 2013 (10:37 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Mega Charizard has Drought, Which means he should be the lead pokemon on a Sun Team. Being the First Pokemon makes him Safe from Stealth Rock Damage until he leaves. Venusaur's DW ability is Chlorophil, making him a great Sun Sweeper. Blastoise Can Learn Rapid Spin to clear Stealth Rock, allowing Mega Charizard to return unharmed.

Great team synergy with the Kanto Starters now!
Old September 19th, 2013 (01:17 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by MarinoKadame:
Well it seems the Kalos starters will be useless compared to Kanto an Hoenn starters that will have Mega evolutions and Kalos starters will not.
I'm hoping they'll have Mega in the third version/sequels...that'll make the games more special, and we'll have something to look forward to :3
Old September 19th, 2013 (05:55 PM).
is a Shrew

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
"According to an interview on Polygon, it has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y. " This is from Serebii. So it seems it is just Gen I-IV (we have yet to confirm Gen V Megas...) Megas...at least for these two games. Hopefully they'll get some Megas in the third version/ sequels or old generation remakes.
I've been hoping that no Kalos pokemon would receive megas. See how happy we fans are at trying to speculate what megas will come out for the current pokemon? If Kalos pokemon already came out with megas, there would be no fun in trying to guess them. Furthermore, by allowing Kalos pokemon to sit out without a mega, they can test the waters to see how powerful--overpowered or underpowered--they become, and give them megas accordingly. (I haven't actually looked at this serebii interview though, just saying I'm happy if it turns out this way.)

Edit: Although I do hope the 3rd version (or sequels) will introduce megas for some Kalos pokemon. It sounds like this would be a good way to revive our excitement for playing a game with the same pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)