The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 13th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
what is the weakest Pokémon stat wise you've taken to the Elite 4 and Champion with an Pokémon games?

myself, I had a Fearow in my party in SoulSilver
Old September 13th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Dwebble. My Dwebble had Sturdy at the time, and I leveled it up to give it Stealth Rock. Such a great combination to guarantee one set of entry hazards.
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
The weakest Pokémon that I've ever taken on a champion with was Mawile. It was at level sixty-seven, and I used it to take on Steven. Mawile was able to defeat only his first Pokémon, and then was taken down by his Aggron instantly with a single Earthquake. I've also taken on Cynthia with a Quagsire in Pokémon Platinum once, but within just a blink of an eye, her Garchomp was able it down by using Dragon Rush.
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Used a Sunkern once. That was before I got myself a cozy Sun Stone... he DID give some help against Lance, though. I think he Sunny Day'd the day, and got me ready for the other guys.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Interesting question... Never actually thought about it...
*stat searching*
Zigzagoon as HM Slave and if it doesn't count and need to be someone who actually battled then Pikachu in Yellow.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM
SUPPAFREAKY

the weakest i guess would be a archeops i used in white i just couldt get past his defeatant ability
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM
TopleyBird

Kept a Lombre to the end in my first Sapphire playthrough. I never visited the abandoned ship and got a water stone.
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
For me, it's probably the generic early-game bird Pokemon. I used Pidgeot in Soul Silver, and in terms of BST and the other Pokemon I had (Typhlosion, Gyarados, Ampharos, Machamp, etc) it was probably the 'weakest' out of the bunch. Still did a great job though, with Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, etc.
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Ahh it's hard to say I believe. I've gone in with Gloom, Furret, and many other Pokemon that don't have too high of a BST that I'm not quite sure what would have been my 'weakest'. Though I guess it would have to be Cyndaquil that I used in a Challenge not too long ago. I didn't finish the challenge completely but I did beat the Elite Four in the Challenge so it works with this thread I think.
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:41 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Probably Cradily in Sapphire. It didn't hit too hard, but it still got the job done.

Old September 14th, 2013, 09:53 AM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
I can't really remember what amount of bad Pokemons I've had, I've probably had so many I can't even remember how many untrained pokemons I've just half trained and just gotten away with it using 1 or 2 main Pokémon...

Anyway, thread reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofH8qsTknSE
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Cypher DS

That would be Arbok in my original run of Pokemon Gold.

Old September 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
The very first time I beat the Champion I had Onix and Haunter.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old September 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I've actually beaten Lance in Pokemon Red with a level 20-something Weepinbell. Lance had taken out my main hitter Pokemon, so I sent out Weepinbell to use a revive. I noticed that Lance's Dragonite, which was currently out at the time, would not whatsoever attack Weepinbell, instead opting to continually use Agility (I think it was Agility). Weepinbell ended up taking out Dragonite, along with about 2 other Pokemon of his. It was a fun time. xD

He also took out 1 of Blue's Pokemon as well, because it wouldn't attack Weepinbell either.
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Vibrava in RSE once since I like its design.

Delcatty and Beautifly in another RSE run because they're cute Pokemon.

Wartortle in FRLG and Croconaw in Crystal because I like these middle stage evolutions. I especially prefer Croconaw over Feraligatr.

In my first push through the E4 in Gold, I had a Graveler, Nidorino, and Furret on my team lol.
Old September 14th, 2013, 07:21 PM
FinalInsanity

I've recently used a Dunsparce and Maractus on the same team in BW2. Dunsparce was a beast with Coil though, so i wouldn't call him very weak.

This probably goes to Beautifly. I used one in Platinum. And oh my was that a big mistake. I still used it throughout the whole game... but let's just say its usefulness overall was questionable.

Challenge Runs:

Ultimate Solo Dratini (Red: CLEAR!) (Soulsilver: CLEAR!) (Sapphire: 0/8) (Platinum: 0/8) (Black 1: 0/8) (Black 2: 0/8)
Old September 14th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Flushed
I went all Ash and took a Pikachu to the Hoenn Elite 4. His speed was decent but everything else was pretty bad. The rest of my team was alright though so it didn't really matter. I don't think he even KOed Sealeo in one hit haha.
Old September 14th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
I've actually beaten Lance in Pokemon Red with a level 20-something Weepinbell. Lance had taken out my main hitter Pokemon, so I sent out Weepinbell to use a revive. I noticed that Lance's Dragonite, which was currently out at the time, would not whatsoever attack Weepinbell, instead opting to continually use Agility (I think it was Agility). Weepinbell ended up taking out Dragonite, along with about 2 other Pokemon of his. It was a fun time. xD

He also took out 1 of Blue's Pokemon as well, because it wouldn't attack Weepinbell either.
Oh yes, I know this one. You see, Agility is a Psychic type move and Weepinbell is a Poison type, so the AI thinks Agility will be "super effective" on Weepinbell, without giving respect to the fact that it doesn't deal damage. This is why Haunter, Arbok etc. would be a good choice to beat Dragonite. I also faced this with Venusaur XD

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old September 15th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Lucky1Yena
Just some guy

I recently tried to take on the Hoenn Elite Four with just a Magikarp.

Needless to say, it did not end well. Never got past trainer 2 without using others in the team.
Patiently awaiting final versions of these hacks: TheJohto Legacy series - starting with the most complete one, the Christmas hack, Pokémon Liquid Crystal, Pokémon Crystal Dust, Pokémon DarkViolet, Pokémon Prism
Old September 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
ChipmunkGamingInc.
Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.

Nature: Lonely
I know it's cliche, but I took a Level 99 Magikarp.

It knew Tackle, Flail, Splash, and Bounce.

It was an embarrassment to show my Hall of Fame to others.

And it did evolve into a level 100 Gyarados. But it still knows only those four moves...

Join the Poké Dance Party! Gen II at it's best!
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
My Sunbo the Sunflora in my SoulSilver version. It held it's own quiet well surprisingly.

Last edited by Altair; September 15th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've taken a level 100 Magikarp through the Elite Four, with the aide of only one other Pokemon. Granted, that Pokemon was a hacked Spiritomb with Wonder Guard that I got over the GTS, but I felt I had to at least use them a bit before I release them both (and now they're in the Hall of Fame forever!).

Other than that, I have used Butterfree as my main Pokemon numerous times against the Elite Four, which stat wise, is worse than a lot of middle evolutions of Pokemon let alone final ones.
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:27 AM
TheClassyOrca
What's the gist, physicist?

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't really thought about it, but that spot would probably go to Mightyena who I've used in almost all of my Hoenn playthroughs just because I love it.

Friend Code: 4656-6047-2332
~~
"Someone else's success is not your failure." - Jim Parsons
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:07 AM
TrainerNico

I just finished the storyline of my Black 2 on my 3DS, my Lopunny wrecked Iris' team(with the help of some potions lolololol)

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
In-game name:mimiLoP
Here's my 3DS FC:
3024-6176-4928
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:53 AM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Nature: Timid
Jumpluff. Everyone forgets these things exist but I love them!

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links