• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Life after Death IC [M]

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Life after Death​

OOC

Where Am I?
You are dead, and your death remains unknown... You open your eyes to see a dim light, and a modern school building in front of you. You are next to a fountain, leaning against it looking over this school building. You can't remember anything but your name and when you get up you feel a slight pain. You can feel pain. You look around and see nobody around, just empty fields and the structure lie here, and beyond that is a misty fog that does not seem pleasant. The tempurate seems to fluctuate slightly as the wind changes speed now and then. A figure appears before you. He is wearing a hooded cloak representing the stereotypical image of death with his scythe. The figure then moves slightly before speaking in a low spooky voice. "You are dead." It shocks you, and you are left with questions to ask but the figure is gone and you are left alone.

You are dead in a world where just a school remains. It is empty upon your arrival but you soon find other people, or dead people that roam the school. The group is a handfull of people that operate in here for answers, trying to summon 'death' back to this world and take them to the next world. You are invited into the group and you accept, knowing that there isn't much else to it. You're personality and appearence is exactly the same as how you died, but you can't remember anything. The group are also in a similar situation were no-one can remember who they are, and are lead by the vice president of the school Skyla and they have come up with many strange theories in the past. Unfortunately, other forces are attempting to stop you in your tracks including a mysterious young girl with white hair.

The group
The group are known as 'highschool battlefront' but the name often changes due to dispute over what they are actually fighting. In the school are other human forms, or bots as the battlefront call them. They believe you aren't supposed to communicate with them or draw attention to yourself or you will disapear from this world entirely, and also believe that recovering your memories is the key to salvation. The day acts as a usual school day without drawing attention to yourself, and when someone has a breakthrough, Skyla will often come up with a plan that will involve all members of the group.

The logic of this world
In this world you can feel pain, and die, however when you die you will reappear at the fountain, with your recent memories (the ones you have collected in this world) The fountain is situated at the front gates of the school by the football field. You have a physical form, and can touch anything in this world. You can obviously speak and move, however physics apply in the same way and long falls and such will damage you, although just killing yourself and reapearing by the fountain is a quick way to avoid pain.

Additional information
This role play is heavily based of the anime angel beats. I'm not too fussed on how many people join but no more than 10 will be aloud due to this needing everyone's input at times. The plot will unfold with you all learning new things about the world, and partaking in missions set by Skyla in an attempt to go to the next life, and several other mysteries along the way. The white haired girl is a girl that is dead alike you, however she does not speak, and tries to prevent you from achieving your goals.

Rules: Try and post as frequently as possible, as there may be times when we need everyone to post to get things moving.
-Make an interesting character
-Don't bunny without permission or ask me if that person is inactive
-You have to be part of the battlefront
-Don't spam, bully, be racist, etc

The school - From Angel Beats
Spoiler:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
CHAPTER 1 - INTRODUCTION

Upon arriving, you familiarize yourself with many other inhabitants of this world. Tonight is the night you will join battlefront with it's few members, and prepare yourself for the days to come.

Skyla - New

I look at the clock inventively as it ticks away slowly. The time is 6:30. Dusk is setting upon the school grounds now, but there isn't anything to do. I flick a coin several times, until I am intrigued by a light coming from my window. The office for the main stage of the battlefront is on the second floor and it overlooks the fountain at the entrance to the school. The bots don't come into this classroom for some reason, so it's my base of silent operations. I slide of my chair and run - although it's more of a gallop - towards the fountain. Someone new is coming!

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
(god damn... this took about half an hour to post after I had written it >.<)

Nate - Arriving in the Afterlife

Nate twitched as his senses began to return to normal. He felt like he was lying on concrete, he could hear a fountain nearby, he could smell... well, there wasn't much to smell. He opened his eyes and was presented with a dim sky. He looked around; there was a building that looked like it belonged in a college campus. Behind him was a fountain, and there was also a person.

Well... not exactly a person. More like the stereotypical grim reaper. Hooded black cloak, scythe, all that stuff. It spoke. "You are dead."

Nate rolled his eyes, and before he knew it, it had vanished. "Yeah, right," he spoke quietly into the air, "If I'm dead, that makes a perfect explanation to why I'm still alive."

His thought was interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps. Rushed footsteps. He looked in its direction, and saw, oddly enough, a girl, half-running toward him.

Nate looked at her apprehensively. "Who the hell are you?"

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Darren Hayes - WTF?

Darren found himself in an unfamiliar place. There was a fountain in front of him and a strange building to his left. As he studied the architecture, it looked like a private school or something. As he turned to his right a weird form disappeared after saying the words "You are dead". As the form dissipated, it revealed a boy near the same fountain and a girl running towards him. As he walked towards them, the boy asked, "Who the hell are you?". Before Darren could respond, he realized that he was addressing the girl.

As he approached, he decided to openly speak. "Hey," he nodded in greeting to both of them, "Does anyone have an idea of where we are or why? The last thing I remember was...nothing. How screwed up is this?"

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
Aisu Reiketsukan

On the ground in a slouched position my back against a running fountain. My head was clouded with a strange absence of memory. 'Dead?' I though internally repeating the cloaked sythe weilding specter, that vansihed as quickly as it came. Looking down to my palm with dull blue eyes I soon balled it into a fist then quickly reopened it. Attempting to lift myself from the ground a sharp pain shot through my body. Flinching as I returned to my seated position. 'So, even in death one experiences pain. That's a little...inconvienent.' I continued to monologue.

There were three other people around the fountain. One of which, a girl, came running from a rather elaborate building that much resembled a school. The other two seemed to have been there from the start. As the wind suddenly picked up the temperature fluxuated to that of a colder sensation. Lasting just long enough to wisp my shaggy brown hair, while whipping my hawaiian shirt, before disappating, entirely.

An ominous fog surrounded the area off the school grounds, making it impossible to see what layed beyond. 'Reiketsukan...Aisu...' My own name, I knew this. Yet other than that, I just couldn't for the life of me remember anything. Pressing through another sharp stinging feeling that surged in my body I got to my feet and examined the others, yet didn't say anything outloud. Even after one of the others asked the girl who soon arrived to be standing in the group, "Who the hell are you?" A rather rude statment, but I thought nothing more on it.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Three people. Three faces. Each of them different. I mean it's a relief I finally have some company other than the bots, don't get me wrong, but I have never known three people to die at exactly the same time. Odd.

"Who the hell are you?" I am taken back a step by this comment, and suddenyl I'm filled with my usual rage!

"You idiot, I'm Skyla, leader of the battlefront, and be thankful that I got here before her!" I don't define what her is, as amoinous as it sounds, because I'm pretty sure she'll adapt super hearing at somepoint. She's way too creepy. I fold my arms up and grab the one who spoke up by the arm, pulling him away from the group, the slapping him across the face.

"You feel pain, but your dead, dont'cha?!" I stare at him for a while, before dropping his arm, and pushing him away.

"Jeez, c'mon let's just get inside, it's getting late."

IggyKoopa

Years
It's just his luck that when he meets a pretty girl in a mysterious place, he gets treated like that. The girl - identifying herself as Skyla - roughly pulled him to his feet, called him an idiot, and slapped him across the face, before shoving him away.

Skyla turned to the rest of the people, and Nate started at Skyla for a few seconds. "Whatever," he said, "I'll play along." He then started walking towards the building on his own.

'What an ass,' he thought to himself, 'Introducing herself by slapping me. There's no way in hell I'm gonna let myself get pushed around by her.'

siiadams

Years
Darren Hayes - Stumbling through a fog

Darren watched the conversation that took place between the boy and the girl, who was named Skyla. He watched her help the boy up, slap him across the face, and shove him back before she invited them all inside. "Man...remind me to not make her mad!" he muttered to himself. He turned to shake his head as he noticed another new arrival. "How many people are dying to get into this place?" he remarked to himself as he turned around and decided to simply follow the group to the building in front of them.

Darren had no clue what he was doing here or what this was all about, but the one idea he had was that the answers he needs are inside somewhere. He steeled his resolve and mentally promised himself that, no matter what he finds, he would be ready for it.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
We continue to the main building and go up the flight of stairs in silence towards my room. when we get inside I fly into my chair and spin around on it several times. Fun... Everyone sits down in various seats around the room.

"Okay, you're all dead, and my name's Skyrla. I think it's time for a classroom meet and greet, don't you?" I say to them all , with a slightly more high pitched ending.

"You know it's been ages since I seen normal human faces. Oh yes right, rules, don't talk to the bots, don't talk to the white haired girl, and do as I say. GOT IT!?"

(rushed)

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
I awoke in a school uniform, leaning against a fountain. My school does not have uniforms... I thought. Then again, did I even go to a school... There wasn't anybody immediately near me, and I felt alone. How did I get here... I wondered. I remembered absolutely nothing. I looked around, unable to explain what was going on. I looked toward around the barren school. This wasn't like any school I could think of, and bet it was some sort of dream. My heart began to pound quickly, if that was true then at any moment the nightmare would begin. I was unsure about what I was really afraid of, but I felt the tension building up.

I closed my eyes, awaiting whatever would come, but nothing happened and when I opened them I saw a cloaked figure with a scythe standing before me. He told me I was dead and disappeared. I wanted to call for it to come back, I wanted to ask him how I had died. Instead I stood up silently and wondered into the school. "I can find answers here..." I said unsure of myself.

I wondered the halls, going up and down stairs until I heard voices. I stood outside the door peaking in nervously. Are they dead too? I asked myself, Or will I be like a ghost to them... I couldn't bring myself to step inside.

Years
Aisu Reiketsukan

I watch as the girl pulled the rude individual aside introducing herself as Skyla, while refering to the other boy as an idiot, and that she was the leader of the battlefront, like we were supposed to know any of which she was talking about. All before slapping him once across the face. I intinonally thought he deserved that one, but on a second guess he may have been overwhelmed by confusion the same as I. Usually I wasn't one to think for others so I quickly pressed the incedent from my mind. Though there wasn't much else in there. Until Skyla indicated for us all to follow her.

Across the school grounds I felt the air flow and temperature change periodically. Inside the building she led us all to a particular room inside the school itself. Once inside said room Skyla took to the air and seemed to fly over to a chair spinning around on it a couple rotations before putting her focus back on our small group, motioning everyone to also take a seat. I found a spot on the floor against the wall in one of the far corners of the room. There were actual places to sit down, but I liked the possition on the floor better.

Again the girl introduced herself, and reassured us that we were all indeed dead. I cast my eyes to the floor at her idea of meet and greet, but quickly place them back on her as she explained the rules. Don't talk to a girl with white hair was easy enough to follow, but she also mentioned, bots, and there I was lost. A blank expression covered my face as I swept a bit of stray bangs from my face. My gaze held on her waiting for elaboration, however this girl seemed rambunctious and flighty in thought, being how she bounced quickly from one subject to the next. Perhaps she suffered from bi-polar, agian I was mearly thinking to myself.

From the corner of my eyes I could see at the door yet another seemingly normal looking person peeking in. I perpously chose not to look directly at him, as my attention was more so on Skyla. Waiting to see if there was anything else she wanted to state before the others partook in the introduction phase.

siiadams

Years
Darren Hayes - Q&A

Darren listened to Skyla as she invited others to do a meet and greet with everyone in the room. She also rattled off 3 rules: do as she says, don't talk to the white-haired girl (whoever that is), and don't talk to "bots". He looked around, seeing others as confused as he was. Nobody, though,was saying anything. Why were these "bots" here? Why were they to avoid them? Who were they, anyways?

Darren raised his hand a little bit, showing that he wasn't sure if he was supposed to speak this way or not. "Excuse me, Skyla," he said simply, "Who or what are these "bots" that you mentioned?" He stood up as another question he had shot out of his mouth without thinking, "And how do you expect us to believe that we're dead? If that's true, why don't we remember how we died?" He stood unflinching, waiting for Skyla's reaction.

IggyKoopa

Years
Nate's irritation was rising fast. After hearing what Skyla instructed him - don't talk to the bots, don't talk to the white-haired girl, do as she says - he spoke up with his first reaction; "God damn it, that didn't make any sense."

Even breaking it down, Nate couldn't make much sense of it. Don't talk to the bots - what bots? Was it robots or badly-programmed first-person-shooter bots? He mentally chuckled at the thought of all of the students in the school walking into corners and getting stuck behind walls.

'Don't talk to the white-haired girl' was simple enough, but frankly, he would rather be talking to a serial killer or a rabid dog than with the black-haired girl in front of him, so he was probably unlikely to heed that advice. As for doing what Skyla says, well, his thoughts on that speak for themselves.

It had also been the third time he had been reminded that he was dead. Just something to add to the growing list of weird crap that was happening to him.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
One boy shot up straight away with some rude comment about it making no sense. I guess it doesn't, but then the boy who I previously slapped made an interesting comment.

"Oh, you wanna know how you are dead? I'll tell you after I explain bots." I open a draw to reveal a remote and point it towards the ceiling where a projector lies. I click a button and it comes up with some form of blueprint about the bots, with 2 people that look identical.

"The on on the left is us, normal people, with emotions and such, but then look at the second picture." The second picture is roughly the same except for the brain area is all scribble.

"The brain of these bots is like a recording of real events. I'm not sure when you died, but to my estimation this was... roughly the year 2000. I tell you don't talk to them because who knows what could happen if we disturbed the 'recording.' It's a chance I'm not willing to take." I grin afterwards"Now, you want to know how you're really dead."

"You and you," I point to the silent boy on the floor, and the one who had previously said something about it not making sense, "go to that window, look towards the fountain."

I then look towards the rude boy. "And as for you. See you at the fountain!" In a split second I pull out 3 knifes from under the desk and fire them into the spots that will kill him easily, and not painfully, because I'm nice like that. And wa-la. The bright light appears again, and he respawns at the fountain - just like in a video game.

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Jacques aroused by the voice saying something about him being dead, he didn't understand. As soon as he realized he was cautious all thought stopped as he yelled:
"TIANA!" After he had yelled that, he thought back and he couldn't remember who this 'Tiana' was, maybe she was his mother or sister, Jacques pondered on these thoughts before checking his surroundings.

He looked around and the architecture was like nothing he had ever seen before, 'way ahead of its time' were the words Jacques muttered to himself as he gawped in awe, as well as the clothes he was wearing, a school uniform, Jacques didn't know what the building was and what he was wearing, though one last thought came through his head. The voice he had heard that had said that he was dead. Jacques swallowed hard, he was never religious, so this worried him, be believed he may have been sent to some kind of hellish world, to rot forever.

Jacques pushed the thought aside as he was determined to find what was going on. Jacques pushed open the door to what he thought may be the main counterpart to this vast site, he ran up the first staircase he saw and looked around the corridor ahead of him. He saw a boy peaking through a slightly opened door, looking into someones room. The boy was wearing the same uniform as Jacques so he, slowly and calmly, approached the boy.

Khawill

<3
Years
I watched horrified as she killed one of the people in the room. She seemed to be happy about it and I instantly began to run away from the door with my entire body going through a panic attack. I crashed into another uniformed student and we both toppled down with a loud crash. The girl would hear us for sure, and would probably kill both of us too. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I repeated over and over. "That girl, sh-she just murdered somebody..." I spoke rapidly and terrified, I was sure I would be next.

Suddenly I remembered, I am already dead... and I slowly calmed down. If this other person was alive, then maybe I could save him though. Maybe she was the one who killed me? I thought. "I-if you run now, I might be able to stop her..." I said shakily, "It won't matter if I die anyways..."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Huh? I hear noises from the doorway, a tumbling form of noise, followed by speculation of a murderer. My face goes bright red. Of course, everyone here is a clueless idiot!

"Look you idiot!" I point at the face that is apparent outside my door. A boy, a strange boy, is lying on the floor outside in the corridor. He says something like, save yourself, indicating there's someone else out there. I storm out of my chair and step into the corridor, failing to notice the speed I am going with a skirt on. Two boys, one lying on top of each other, look as if they are cowarding from me.

"Why don't you get up, and stop touching each other up!" Boys! Jeez.

I drag them both into the room, their faces both strange, and slam the door shut.

"You know it's polite to knock before you snoop! Wait, no, it's rude to snoop!" I say out loud. My face is scrunched up and I feel boiling mad. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 if you include the boy just on the floor there. A white light begins to envelop him, and soon his body is gone.

"And F-Y-I this isn't hell, but I can sure as hell make it hell!"

Years
After Skyla had shown a quick slide show of the differences between the bots and the normal she then instucted myself and another individual to go to the window, and look towards the fountain. Reluctantly I did as told, being it was one of the rules of the school. I waited a moment and then seen the rude boy from the class room appear next to the fountain in a shimmer of bright white light. Turning back to the girl I rose a brow questionably. It was proof enough for me so I quietly return to my spot in the corner as she exited the room for a breif moment returning with two other male strangers. This isn't hell, but she could very well make it so. There was no doubt in my mind that she was telling the truth. My instincts kept telling me to stay quiet and pay attention. There wasn't really much else I could do given my perminant predicament.

siiadams

Years
Darren Hayes - Chaos and confusion

Darren decided to watch between the window and Skyla as she actually killed the rude boy from earlier with a few knives, which freaked out some of the others. He was shocked...until he watched the fountain again and saw the same boy there, good as new. Apparently, you can't kill whats already dead. That was enough evidence for him. He nods and turned back to Skyla.

"I see," he says, thinking, "So if you die here, then you reappear at the fountain...because we're dead already. So this means, I assume, that we're in a place similar to Limbo or something. Which means that we have to either find a way to move on...or wait until a path is opened."

Darren sat down in an available chair and focused his attention on the one that guided them here. "So...what do we do while we're here? You're obviously more knowledgeable about this place than we are."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
The boy walks back into the room. "Well... First of all, I think names would be important. I'm Skyla." Skyla sits on the table again (ooc yeah I've gone second person again.) and focuses her attention on the boy. "Actually," she begins, her voice calm, and low, "First of all sorry for the haste, I've been alone a long time, to my understanding of life, it might have been difficult for me to make friends. Perhaps that's why I'm here..." She lifts her head up to the ceiling. "The white haired girl I keep talking about - yeah - she keeps taking these people, destroying them, preventing them from moving on, but that's just a theory." She stops, and hops back off, going into her draw for a second.

"Now you know why the white haired girl is dangerous, I have a plan that I need your help with! See the girl doesn't know you are here yet, she'll be hiding away in the other side of the building from me at this moment, that way, we can surely surprise her." She then pulls out a pen, a marker pen, and hops over to the other side of the wall and begins to draw. She is silent while drawing, leaving space for questions and such to pass by her.

Back