The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Ground types?
19 50.00%
6 15.79%
10 26.32%
9 23.68%
9 23.68%
3 7.89%
3 7.89%
6 15.79%
10 26.32%
10 26.32%
9 23.68%
4 10.53%
3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet

Ground-type Pokémon ~ September 15 - 22

Welcome to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Voting Polls, where we aim to determine who PokéCommunity’s favorite Pokémon is! This will be a grand undertaking that will span across a couple of months, where we will start with hundreds of Pokémon, in hopes to rank the most popular Pokémon in the eyes of you- the members of the PokéCommunity!

Please note: Only primary Ground types have been included in the poll. If you'd like to vote for a Pokémon you don't see listed, please select "Other Pokémon" and post who you voted for.

If you haven't already, please read through the rest of the Rules/FAQ below to catch up to speed with what this tournament is all about:

Spoiler:
  • Every week, there will be a new poll stickied at the top of PVP. Each thread will have a different elemental type, which will include a list of Pokémon to vote on.
  • You aren’t required to pick just one Pokémon- you can vote for as many as you like to ensure your favorites get through. The Pokémon with the most votes at the end of the week will face off against the other winning Pokémon in a final poll to crown the champion!
  • Not only will the winning Pokémon from each poll move on to the final vote, but they'll be featured in Pokémon Voting Polls' forum splash for a week.
  • In order to preserve space, we’ve grouped all of the applicable evolutions in a Pokémon family together. If a family rather than an individual were to win the tournament, we would hold one extra run-off poll to decide the most popular member of the family.
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the week, Brendino will have the tie-breaking vote.
  • Legendary Pokémon are not included in this round of voting. Don’t worry, though- they’ll be voted upon near the end of the tournament to round out the final number of candidates.
  • Furthermore, members who vote and post for a majority of weeks during the tournament will receive an emblem depicting the winning Pokémon!
  • If there are any questions that you need answered, feel free to leave a comment in this thread or send a VM to Brendino to get it sorted out.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until September 22nd, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old September 15th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
Hm, most of my favorite Ground types aren't primarily Ground... But I'd rather vote for primaries, so here it goes:

There's so much derp with Stunfisk that it's almost impossible to not vote for it. Cilan's Stunfisk is so entertaining in the anime, I wish it appeared more often. Not too much going for it in the games, but I still love it :3

My other vote was for Diglett. This mole is so mysterious. No one has witnessed its feet, yet we know it has them... I like its big oval nose and its blank eyes. Definitely one of the cutest Pokémon. I've also claimed this little guy in the claim thread

Last edited by Wobbu; September 15th, 2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Adjective fail
Old September 15th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
Is any explanation required?
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have quite a few faves of the Ground-type.

Sandshrew/Sandslash - I love how cute these things are and the fact they still remain a fave after all those generations, and I even used one to help defeat Elesa in my run of Black 2.

Diglett/Dugtrio - Strong, fast and really odd. Three things that fit in one description of this mystery Pokemon that has never had its full body revealed. Still a fave of mine today.

Gligar/Gliscor - I loved how Gliscor gained a useful ability in Poison Heal, now it sees use as a great physical wall with some neat reliable recovery tactic in the form of a Toxic Orb. Plus it has the power to dish out damage too!

And all of the 5th Gen Ground-types in the list as well. Krookodile and Excadrill are powerful, fast and have great abilities, and Stunfisk is just plain hilarious but I love that cutie. This generation made me love Ground-types again I have to say.

Last edited by Hikamaru; September 16th, 2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:30 PM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
GROUND TYPE :D

Marowak, my most favorite ground type! it's design is really cool. The bone is cool. I love 'em! :D

Flygon, it's a ground/dragon typed Pokemon. It's very useful in my Emerald plays. It can freakin' Hyper Beam!! LOL, I actually just like the design, and being a dragon is coooooool. XD
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Livewire
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Donphan, Gliscor, and Rhyperior. Donphan is an elephant who rolls around, one of the first great Ground types. Gliscor is a Bat scorpion, one of the coolest concepts and designs of any Pokemon, without a doubt. Rhyperior is the literal definition of a tank, and throws rocks from INSIDE ITS HANDS. Like a boss. Ground is just an awesome type all around, though.
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Old September 15th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

While there aren't too many ground types that I like, there is one that I just had to vote for. That is Sandshrew! He is such a cutie and is a favorite of one of my favorite members here :]

"By force of will!"
Old September 16th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
For some reason, Sandslash is my favorite ground type. I really like its design and it's a decent battler. So that's why it earns my vote.
Old September 16th, 2013, 12:49 AM
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Nature: Adamant
Will Camerupt and Gastrodon be in their other type's competition?
These are my favorites!

I'll wait to vote until then. Thanks.
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Sandshrew Sandshrew Sandshrew Sandshrew Sandshrew Sandshrewwwwwwwwwwww ♥ There's no other option for me; Sandshrew is always the top choice. I've explained this countless times before so I won't again but Sandshrewwwwwww ♥
Old September 16th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
I lended my votes to the Trapinch and Drilbur line, but my beautiful Swampert and Quagsire have been forgotten, it seems! They are #1. :)

Play the game to change the game
Old September 17th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Marowak, Sandslash, and Hippowdon were the ones that I've voted for. I've voted for Marowak because I love its back story. Evolving and turning your own mother's skull into a part of your body is quite... interesting. d: Sandslash got my vote as well because, well, it's adorable! Not only it's adorable, but it can hit amazing Slash attacks with its long, strong, and powerful claws, too. And last, I have voted for Hippowdon because I've had a lot of success in competitive battling by having this Pokémon on my team. It has the Sand Stream ability, which makes it able to summon sandstorm as soon as it's out of its Poké Ball. With its high defensive stats, it could endure hundreds of hits and stay alive for many turns. Plus, it has access to Slack Off, which enables it to recover itself whenever it has a low amount of health. :)
Old September 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Someday
tfw no qt ORAS Battle Frontier

Nature: Modest
I'm with Flygon for this one. It's actually a Pokemon you'd use in competitive battle. No offense, but one Outrage from Flygon would run right through every Pokemon in this thread except for maybe Krookadile.

Flygon has a strong attack stat, and along with Krookadile, they are two Pokemon to be feared in the UU tier.

AnimuList
Old September 17th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Sandshrew, Flygon, Phanpy, and for the heck of it, Stunfisk would have to get my votes here. I've always loved Sandshrew. Flygon is one of my top three favorites in Hoenn, Phanpy is adorable, and Stunfisk is hilarious. Don't think I need more explanation for any of these. ♥
Old September 19th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

A tough one for me this week. I went with Sandslash, Dugtrio, and Donphan.

Sandslash was one of the first Pokémon that I identified with in the RBY games. Dugtrio, I later found out in FRLG, was a fantastic Pokémon to start off with early when dealing with Lt. Surge. Donphan, I used quite a bit in Gold/Fire Red.

I guess I'll have to go with Dugtrio. Some of the pictures you find online of it are absolutely hilarious.
Old September 19th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Why is Stunfisk not winning. Like really.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
I vote Marowak, Gliscor and Flygon families. Marowak and Cubone are probably the ones I like the most, because they are "ground"-like without being burly, digging or rocky species. Also the club is cool, okay. Flygon is one of the best dragons, I really like the typing and design of it, and Vibrava I like a lot too even though Trapinch is an annoying barrier to raise before you finally obtain Vibrava. Gligar has been cool in my eyes even since it first appeared in the anime, and when Ash got one and evolved it, it became even better. An interesting mix of flying, poison and ground.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old September 20th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Victreebel's Bro
Trusty Sword

I chose sandslash, because of his claws and his back. Sandshrew looks cute as well. I plan on using one for a solo challenge. I also voted for gliscor and phanpy, because gliscor is one of the best walls in the game and phanpy is just adorable...hnnnggggghhhh *dies of cuteness overload*
Im surprised so many people chose sandslash, I always thought it was quite underrated...

POKÉMON X FC: 0146-9095-5226
Friend Safari (Bug): Butterfree, Volbeat and Vivillon
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:50 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Voted for Sandile & co. because I really like this dude because SUNGLASSES. Need I go on? Anyway, I love that look on Krokorok, he's a real coolio. Krookodile seems more BOSS than ever, it's as if this design is made like a BOSS.
I also like its typing (mostly because ground type jsyk) and he came along learning Outrage and has Moxie. Deadly. This guy tops with a pretty high attack and OK speed and HP, with not very weak defenses, though it's not his forte.

This doesn't mean I don't like the others. Ground being my second-favourite type was a hard one, I had to choose between Flygon, Sandslash, Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Krookodile and of course the all-powerful Stunfisk.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
AmourPearlShipper
If we're feeling thirsty, it's vodka for all!

Groudon

I voted Krookodile because it looks awesome.
"Billy Mays here with a limited time offer; our brand new product for the RU tier. Combining the incredible defensive capabilities of the Steel-type and Eviolite, Metang will make a splash hit for all those watching at home. For just the cost of one teamslot, you can get your own Metang today, as well a beautiful Eviolite stone that can be used as a gift, or a Cell Battery to make sure your Metang doesn't run out of juice! But that's not all! Call now and we will add an extra Stealth Rock to your order! This decorative piece is perfect for filling your Stealth Rock needs! Use it wisely though, because setting up Stealth Rock turns Metang from nearly worthless to completely worthless for the rest of the match. Thankfully, Metang comes with a built-in self-destruct button that allows it to make the most of its short battery life. Get yours today for not three teamslots, not even two--call now and get our limited edition Metang at the price of only a single teamslot! You will not get this offer anywhere else, or you get your money back guaranteed! Results may vary.

<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii
Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Sandslash, Donphan, Flygon, Gliscor, and Excadrill, phew! My top favorite would be Gliscor since it's great competitively and was a huuugggge blessing to a largely useless Gligar. Another awesome ground type would be Garchomp, duh!

Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Hard to believe that we're already halfway through the 18 types for the Favorite Pokemon Tournament. Just a quick note on the stats so far- across the 9 weeks we've had over 400 voters, whose selections have totaled nearly 1000 individual votes. Thanks so much for coming back each week and voting- the more voters we have the more accurate results will be!

As for this week, the Pokemon that you chose as your favorites at the halfway point of this ground-breaking tournament were...

Spoiler:

The next round of voting will feature one of the most populous types- Normal! With so many Pokemon to choose from, it should be interesting to see who comes out on top. See you there!

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)

Last edited by Brendino; September 22nd, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links