The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
so, one has the potential to do all 3 jobs? that is so epic
Yes =) the only two jobs you cant be in at the same time are crime and seeker, because theyre in competition with each other basically.

Beta testing this myself at the moment, its a very long process because I have to go through all the different options to make sure everything runs smoothly!
Old October 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaramoon View Post
Yes =) the only two jobs you cant be in at the same time are crime and seeker, because theyre in competition with each other basically.

Beta testing this myself at the moment, its a very long process because I have to go through all the different options to make sure everything runs smoothly!
ah, kinda sucks you can't moonlight as the other, but two out of three is still great :p
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:46 PM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
ah, kinda sucks you can't moonlight as the other, but two out of three is still great :p
Sorry I put this wrong! Crime career is like the unmentioned 4th career, so you can have up to 3 jobs at the 1 time =)
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:11 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaramoon View Post
Sorry I put this wrong! Crime career is like the unmentioned 4th career, so you can have up to 3 jobs at the 1 time =)
ooooh, I'm sorry, I just realized that I may have taken a spoiler out of you
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:17 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Not at all, I probably should have put that in somewhere in case people play the game and don't even notice it! =)

Old October 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
oshizlgzngahr

When do you think the alpha will be available?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Very soon, I just keep wanting to add more in lol

Old November 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM
DreamOrDestruction
Master Of the Arcana

Nature: Relaxed
So how's progress with the game going because this is one of the newer games that I'm looking forward to playing. Something interesting is the career as a Gym Leader, how is that going to work? Do you just basically keep battling trainers in a loop or something?

"Life is just the same old thing done over and over again. Those who excel in life are just ordinary people who do ordinary things better than everyone else."

Old November 14th, 2013, 06:58 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGameBringer42 View Post
So how's progress with the game going because this is one of the newer games that I'm looking forward to playing. Something interesting is the career as a Gym Leader, how is that going to work? Do you just basically keep battling trainers in a loop or something?
Pretty much, and it doesn't happen till the end of the game. It really isn't as exciting as it sounds, but that's what Gym Leaders would do I guess.

Very close to alpha time now but there are quite a lot of bugs that Ill need some assistance to fix I think. My main issue is with warps and the game randomly resetting itself in some scripts...
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Can't wait to play your amazing game

Old November 17th, 2013, 01:39 AM
marc1234
Conquest MODE

The best name would be POKEMON X and Y: A New Age Dawns
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:26 AM
VV
ブラック

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to VV
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc1234 View Post
The best name would be POKEMON X and Y: A New Age Dawns
lol, not cool. :p This looks totally great.
I'll play this once it comes out, probably the full release.
Old November 17th, 2013, 01:23 PM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Pre-Alpha is available for download now!

It just contains the first handful of events so nowhere near perfect, would love some feedback on the story etc, all criticism appreciated =)

Old November 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Semyaza
Lurker Extraordinaire

I haven't had much time to play the game before work but I have found a few bugs (mostly with text and dialog) so far. the main gameplay bug I have found was that, after taking the exam at the School, if you go back to talk to the "man in glasses" the exam sequence restarts and you battle the Examiner again.

Additionally, the running shoes don't seem to work in towns or the Brun Cliff area. It may have been purposeful but it just struck me as odd.

The story so far seems solid and the pacing is fair. I'll update if/when I can and post screenshots of any found bugs if you'd like.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
This looks awesome is it done if not how far does i go.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Ragin Dragon
Dragon Master

Nature: Calm
Sweet gonna download now ill have time to check it out later though thanks avaramoon
Old November 22nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
LindseyTNamez
Wataru's Dragon Protege

Nature: Sassy
Okay I REALLY like the storyline so far, and the choices you make allowing you to branch out through the game.
I encountered a few spelling things but I don't mind those, I'm not a spelling/grammar nut. But there is something that should be addressed. Depending what building you go into, it can take you sometimes walking back and forth a few times at the door to get out. Then I went into the forest (I hadn't gotten my first badge yet and I was just leveling up the fakemon, which is AWESOME btw) and now I can't leave at all, neither entrance or exit. Major bug there. I'll go back on a save file and start again from after talking to the professor in the lab and aim to get the egg again and go for the first gym leader without touching the forest.

Pokemon X FC: 3668-9199-6474
Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:11 PM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyTNamez View Post
Okay I REALLY like the storyline so far, and the choices you make allowing you to branch out through the game.
I encountered a few spelling things but I don't mind those, I'm not a spelling/grammar nut. But there is something that should be addressed. Depending what building you go into, it can take you sometimes walking back and forth a few times at the door to get out. Then I went into the forest (I hadn't gotten my first badge yet and I was just leveling up the fakemon, which is AWESOME btw) and now I can't leave at all, neither entrance or exit. Major bug there. I'll go back on a save file and start again from after talking to the professor in the lab and aim to get the egg again and go for the first gym leader without touching the forest.
I posted this in the bugs section. You have to press A against the exits to get in and out of the forest.

Its just temporary since I know my waprs aren't working but don't know how to fix them.

Which spelling things, exactly?

Does anyone know what the problems with the warps could be? I have no clue, tried all movement permission combinations, placing the warps on different tiles, everything, but sometimes they just don't seem to work, so I have to use the pressing A thing which isn't ideal =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
This looks awesome is it done if not how far does i go.
It's fully complete up to Natur Path. The areas after that are playable-in but not complete.

Last edited by DrFuji; November 22nd, 2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Flamebot

I'm gonna try it out. I'll report anything that mifht need improvements or bugs here.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
I'm gonna try it out. I'll report anything that mifht need improvements or bugs here.
Thank you!

Someone pointed out spelling mistakes, if you see any can you please tell me where they are so I can fix them asap! I thought I was on point most of the time but I haaaate spelling errors in hacks so it'll annoy me till I find them lol

Old November 23rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Flamebot

The starter is ??? type. It makes the pokemon weaker because now there are no STAB attacks for it(I believe), leaving the second gym makes you come out of the herbalist store, trying to leave mt ore a second time resaulst indiffuculity, you have to mess around with the Up down Left Right to actualy leave. These are just the major things i thought I should mention.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
The starter is ??? type. It makes the pokemon weaker because now there are no STAB attacks for it(I believe), leaving the second gym makes you come out of the herbalist store, trying to leave mt ore a second time resaulst indiffuculity, you have to mess around with the Up down Left Right to actualy leave. These are just the major things i thought I should mention.
I am aware some warps don't work properly. I made signpost scripts so that you can get in and out of the forest (& mt.ore too) by pressing A, but in the new release I've replaced this with trip scripts so that they at least ACT like normal warps for now...

Your starter being ???-type is fully intentional. =)

Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Flamebot

FireRedd_1385270413332.png

FireRedd_1385217763254.png

FireRedd_1385269913932.png

FireRedd_1385270316317.png

Many glitchs here as you can see. Just felt that I should report them to you.
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:25 AM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

That sogen gardens level script error has worried me a lot, in all my testing it only happens when you come out of the lab for the first time =\ how did you make that happen?

Old November 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Flamebot

I don't know.
I left the lab, and didn't pick researcher. I battled the girl rival, lost and tried to go back there to rebattle and that happend.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links