Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 21st, 2013 (11:35 PM).
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
About breeding genderless Pokemon.
Can you pass down the Hidden Ability to a genderless Pokemon using a ditto, if that Pokemon has its Hidden Ability?

Also if two different species of the same egg group are bred, and the male has the hidden ability, can the offspring have its hidden ability also even though it is the same species as the female?
Old December 23rd, 2013 (11:05 AM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Absol.
Absol
Community Supporter

I'm not sure on your first question since I haven't done it myself yet. For your second question, Hidden Abilities from males will pass on although it's about a 20% chance as compared to a female that passes on its ability about 80% of the time, but only when bred with a female of same species I believe.
Old December 23rd, 2013 (12:04 PM).
Sagakkan

Nature: Modest
Hi, another question......

if Hidden Abilities can pass from both the male and female parents, if the male is a different pokemon but has the ability that is the hidden ability of the mother, is there a chance the offspring will have the hidden ability of the father, even though it was a different pokemon?

For example if I have a male storm drain Gastrodon and a female Cradily, is there a chance the baby Cradily will have Storm Drain from its father?

Friend Safari: Snover - Bergmite - Lapras
Old December 30th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
Sagakkan

I have two questions (even though my previous one was never answered).....how can you breed Braviary when all Rufflets are male? And secondly.......if I have a hidden ability Rufflet (Hustle), will it get Defiant (Braviary's Hidden ability) when it evolves? If not, is there any way to tell if it will possess the hidden ability when it evolves?

Old December 30th, 2013 (04:38 PM).
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Sagakkan:
I have two questions (even though my previous one was never answered).....how can you breed Braviary when all Rufflets are male? And secondly.......if I have a hidden ability Rufflet (Hustle), will it get Defiant (Braviary's Hidden ability) when it evolves? If not, is there any way to tell if it will possess the hidden ability when it evolves?
You can breed Male only and Genderless Pokemon with Ditto.

Yes a Pokemon keeps their Hidden Ability upon evolution. Whatever the Ability is for the evolved will be what it will have.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old December 30th, 2013 (04:45 PM).
Sagakkan

Quote originally posted by iAzire:
You can breed Male only and Genderless Pokemon with Ditto.

Yes a Pokemon keeps their Hidden Ability upon evolution. Whatever the Ability is for the evolved will be what it will have.
Thanks......along these lines, if I breed a male Braviary with Defiant with Ditto........are the chances of passing on the hidden ability as high as it is conventionally where the mother has the Hidden Ability?

Old December 30th, 2013 (04:46 PM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Azire.
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
Hi, another question......

if Hidden Abilities can pass from both the male and female parents, if the male is a different pokemon but has the ability that is the hidden ability of the mother, is there a chance the offspring will have the hidden ability of the father, even though it was a different pokemon?

For example if I have a male storm drain Gastrodon and a female Cradily, is there a chance the baby Cradily will have Storm Drain from its father?
No it will not pass. Both Pokemon have to be the same species to pass a Hidden Ability from the Male when the female doesn't have it.

Thanks......along these lines, if I breed a male Braviary with Defiant with Ditto........are the chances of passing on the hidden ability as high as it is conventionally where the mother has the Hidden Ability?
Not as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the % chance to pass a Hidden Ability doesn't change regardless of whether it's same species or Ditto.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old December 30th, 2013 (05:06 PM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Sagakkan.
Sagakkan

Quote originally posted by iAzire:
No it will not pass. Both Pokemon have to be the same species to pass a Hidden Ability from the Male when the female doesn't have it.

Not as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the % chance to pass a Hidden Ability doesn't change regardless of whether it's same species or Ditto.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. So the % chance of Braviary passing on Defiant to its offspring is the same of any male passing on its Hidden Ability. Edit: I realize the "what % do males have of passing on HA" question was answered earlier in this thread - my bad.

Old December 30th, 2013 (05:27 PM).
Absol
Community Supporter

The chances are lower than when breeding with a female with the HA. The odds are about 80% for females 20% for males.
Old January 9th, 2014 (12:43 AM).
bhavik147

Hi guys

just doing iv breeding for the first time, just stuck on what to do next, ive been using dittos from friend safari to make it easier

here is the scenario

ditto 1 = defense and speed
ditto 2 = attack and speed
ditto 3 = hp and special attack
ditto 4 = special attack and speed
ditto 5 = special attack, special def and speed

im trying to get a gible with all perfect natures, so far ive managed to hatch a gible who has maxed out attack, defense, special attack and speed.

i know its not necessary to pass all 6 ivs to gible, but id still love to get a perfect one! how do i go about from here to pass the hp and special def on? do i need another ditto which has hp and special defense?

thanks
Old January 9th, 2014 (06:16 AM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Breed a Gible of opposite gender to the one you have with HP and Special Defense. If you can get one that carries 4 or 5 IVs, all the better. Then breed them together.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old April 10th, 2014 (08:21 AM).
rodriigm

An amazing post!

How can I breed a 6IV? I have just one pokemon 6IV to breed, can I try with a male 6IV and females 5IV?
Old April 10th, 2014 (10:06 AM).
Necrum
Guess who?

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by rodriigm:
An amazing post!

How can I breed a 6IV? I have just one pokemon 6IV to breed, can I try with a male 6IV and females 5IV?
You can. You just have to get lucky on the one stat that doesn't get passed, assuming that 5 31s pass. It's pretty much a 1/32 chance of getting a 6 IV if you pass the 5. 1/32 because 31 is max and you count 0.

The Monotype Challenge
The Ones That Got Away
Contest Super Star Challenge

Power to the People Giveaway!
Friend Code: 1435-4289-9306

NecrumWarrior Plays Stuff
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links