The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should (#)hashtags stick around?
No, absolutely not. 13 61.90%
#Yes, for sure 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
Hashtags are kind of weird. They're fine if they're used correctly, #but #when #people #do #this #it's #really #pointless.
#of #course #it #is #everyone #wants #to #be #a #twitter #hipster #if #that #even #exists #CutforBieber #Kony2012 #Twerk
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
As long as Twitter doesn't die, hashtags won't either, since they are a big part of the website. When someone uses a hash tag it links to everyone else that has recently used the same one so that you can connect and relate with each other. It sounds like a nice feature, but I would never use them. It just doesn't come naturally. It's not part of language. When I post a status on Facebook (I don't use Twitter) I just say what I have to say and don't worry about which word I should use in a hashtag.

People that are saying that they aren't meant for other websites are incorrect. Facebook implemented a feature months ago that links hashtags exactly like Twitter does. My big problem isn't when people use them, it's why they are using them. Some people aren't interested in other people that used the same hashtag, they just use them because it's the cool current thing to do. I've seen multiple people post an entire status using hashtags and I just sit back and shake my head...
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
POKEMONMASTER260

So, apparently this is a thing now:

So this can facilitate the discussion the ZachLMedia so desperately asked for, I would like to ask what you think about the shirts, Pokecommunity?
I don't use, "uber," Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Apparently hashtags are being used in government buildings during different meetings and debates. SMH...
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Tsutarja
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by POKEMONMASTER260 View Post
So this can facilitate the discussion the ZachLMedia so desperately asked for
If you have a problem with anything I do, you're more than welcome to PM me on the matter instead of calling me out like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemasta92 View Post
Apparently hashtags are being used in government buildings during different meetings and debates. SMH...
All I can say is...really? Are they like tweeting or anything?
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemasta92 View Post
As I've said, bastardizing the English language. #yolo #swag #gangnamstyle #harlemshake #wontheinternetz
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
Denny Hamlin
The S o u l Survivor

Nature: Brave
#hashtags are so cool, #like you gotta use them in everything out there, #i mainly use these hashtags because i use tumblr a lot, #and we don't put all our words together, #we just space them out. #twitter's hashtags are kinda pointless to be quite honest!,

#personal, #adventures in pokecommunity, #technology & internet
Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
-posts a picture of a tree-

#tree #green #nature #beautiful #pretty #girl #boy #love #friend #cute #eyes

Old October 3rd, 2013, 12:16 AM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
-posts a picture of a tree-

#tree #green #nature #beautiful #pretty #girl #boy #love #friend #cute #eyes
People assume that you're joking, but I know a lot of people, the vast majority being girls, that have posts exactly like this. It's crazy!
Old October 3rd, 2013, 02:15 AM
Tsutarja
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hashtags seem pretty pointless on sites like tumblr and instagram where you can make tags and search just as efficiently #without #having #to #do #this.. but maybe they go with twitter as twitter doesn't have an ordinary tagging system.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here