The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 13th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
Added Delta Species Generation to the main post, so now players who don't use emulators can play too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroCohen View Post
The game kept freezing so i restarted it. Starters were Bulbasaur, NidoranMale and Magby, and i chose Bulbasaur for the nostalgia. Well Bulbasaur is Fighting type, and i think Turtwig is Fighting type too so i'm gonna be annoyed as hell this run. I called my Bulbasaur "Hulk" because he is fighting type and he's green. I caught a lvl 3 male Shinx named Loki, he is Rock\Poison type. After handing the parcel to the rival, received the poketch and saved.

Hulk,Bulbasaur,Fight:
Sky Uppercut
Wake-up Slap
Brick Break

Loki,Shinx,Rock\Poison:
Pioson Fnag
Cross Poison
You weren't supposed to randomize any Pokemon, just their typings and moves. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVirus View Post
despite having no gamebreaking moves = true
All that No Game Breaking moves does is prevent moves like Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom, and One Hit KO moves early on, which would all break the game.

Last edited by Necrum; December 13th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old December 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Green_Okido

This is where I'd put my update
If I hadn't randomized the Pokemon ._.
I'll try to update tomorrow evening since I'll have nothing to do but Pokemon all day!
And since school shouldn't be too busy this week I'll try to update more often
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Necrum

I added a more obvious indication that Pokemon availability is not supposed to be randomized, so hopefully we won't have this problem any more.
Old December 14th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
TeaM Spheal's favorite fossil

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I added a more obvious indication that Pokemon availability is not supposed to be randomized, so hopefully we won't have this problem any more.
Oh...Sorry i randomized the starters. Do i need to start over or can i just continue playing?

Fear me Humans!
Paired to some nice peoplez.
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Necrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroCohen View Post
Oh...Sorry i randomized the starters. Do i need to start over or can i just continue playing?
You need to restart, sorry.
Old December 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM
kingofeds
The Ed-olution is here!

So I'm just going to repost my sign-up sheet:

Name: kingofeds
Game: FireRed
Challenge Type: Evolution

Since my HD got partially wiped in a freak accident which led to a computer crash, I am going to just start fresh.
Old December 15th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
You need to restart, sorry.
Okay restrat:

Name:KillerCroCohen
Game: Platinum
Evolution challange,single.

Now, the game freezez and crashes a lot, so maybe i'll restart my progress a third time, and start a new game.
I called myself Idan and my rival Roy.
"Hi Idan ,Roy was looking for you". "**** off". "Hi Idan, Roy was looking for you"...damn it okay.
THUD! A wild douchebag appeared! (Forgot to mention i hate Barry's guts).
I picked Turtwig, because i never really used it in its own generation. I used Piplup on my Pearl, and Chimchar in my ROM Diamond. But i never had the chance to use Turtwig in here. Well after beating Roy, i figured ouyt my turtwig is part Water, and his Chimchar must be part Ice or Grass, because Muddy water was not-so effective. Yes, Turtwig is Water type, means Chimchar could be either Ice or Grass. I called my Turtwig "Fred". My foes will be terrified when i'll unleash my Fred.
Dawn's Piplup is Dragon-type. DAMN. I caught a Bidoof (Dark) at route 202, nicknamed "Cheeks". I caught a Magikarp (Ice) on route 218 with an old rod,nicknamed "Great",he has Flash-Fire as his ability...LOL. I caught a Budew (Ice\Electric) at route 204,named "Shockroot". Upon leveling up, it was obvious my powerhouse pokemon Shockroot (with the moves Thunder Fang,Thunder Punch,Ice ball and Ice punch). RECEIVED THE COAL BADGE! Defeated glactic grunt 1 and galactic grunt 2, in Jubilife.

More updates later.

Fear me Humans!
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM
kingofeds
The Ed-olution is here!

Update #1:

Well, I've decided to do this as a video series! Something I don't normally do with Challenges, but with how infrequent I've uploaded things on my channel lately, I decided this would be a nice thing to do.

Part 1: Same Old Story (With A Twist)
Spoiler:

Team After Part 1:

L10 Leo the Charmander
Water/Ground - Battle Armor
- Bone Rush
- Water Pulse
- Crush Claw

L8 Took2Long the Kakuna
Fighting - Sturdy
- Submission
- Earthquake
- Counter

Part 2: Gym Battle Vs. Brock
Spoiler:

Team After Part 2:

L13 Leo the Charmander
Water/Ground - Battle Armor
- Bone Rush
- Water Pulse
- Crush Claw
- Withdraw

L11 Took2Long the Beedrill
Fighting - Minus
- Submission
- Earthquake
- Counter
- Rock Tomb
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Sounds interesting and crazy random, lets try it!

Username: Zorogami
Game: Platinum
Challenge type: Evolution
Optional Rules: Random Abilities, no Wonder Guard

1st Update
- Chose Abu the Chimchar, turns out to be Fire/Ghost
- Lost 1st Rival Battle since his Piplup is a Rock Type
- Caught Bolt the Starly (Electric Type)
- Caught Frisco the Shinx (Grass Type)
- Got to Jubilife City, received Poketch
- Caught Magikarp and Bidoof, boxed them
- Beat Rival in the 2nd battle
- Got to Oreburgh City, caught a few wild Pokes

Team
Abu the Chimchar - Fire/Ghost - LV 11
Bolt the Starly - Electric - LV 11
Frisco the Shinx - Grass - LV 12

~ Anything for my Nakama ~

Last edited by Zorogami; December 16th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Blastin'Tyruntz

Update!!!!!!!!!
Figured out i need more TMs, or an EXP share.....i need moves for Magikarp (he only has Avalanche i think). I arrived in Floaroma town and immediatly went for the route to catch a new pokemon. I fought Shelloses and Buizels and both were (part?) ice type. EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS ICE TYPE. GOD DAMN! I finally landed myself a nice female Pachrisu (Poison\Normal....Didn't see that one coming.) and called her "Rixa". She also has Shell armor, for people who don't know,this ability makes her not suffer crits. That is good in a challange. Well after getting locked out of the Valley Windworks, i fought the 2 grunts in Floaroma and went back with the key. I defeated the redheaded admin, and met Looker again. I hate him. Came into Eterna forest Like a baws. Met Cheryl and guided her through the forest. Fred evolved into Grotle! Caught a Buneary (Still Normal...why?) at the forest. Called her DUVZ. He has Draco meteor,secret power,explosion and another awesome move. I also caught a female Gastly (Grass\Water) while in the forest, named "Lotad2". Came out to route 205, after receiving the Soothe Bell (gonna get me some Roselia!) arrived at Eterna. Went undergound. MORE UPDATES LATER.

I feel like i'm the only one here LOL....i don't like it.
Cheeks the Bidoof evolved into Bibarel! (Dark\Bug),and learned Attack order!
I defeated the gym tariners and saved neard Gardenia.

Fear me Humans!

Last edited by Jak; December 22nd, 2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Please don't double post!
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Imperator161

After my arrival in Blackthorn City, I thought I would head straight for the gym, defeat the gym leader, and claim my final badge in the Johto region. Unfortunately, the moment I stepped out the door of the Pokémon Center (where I had stopped to rest for the night), I was whisked away to a new, bizarre realm, filled with books, stress, and caffeine. Suddenly, my Pokémon were gone; instead, my companions were stacks of notes on material that had nothing to do with my journey. Somehow, despite the foreign nature of my surroundings, I knew that the my successful return to Johto depended on my ability to master everything before me. For a week, I crammed every fact I could into my head, and thought of every potential application of the material I might need to use. And then, as I've heard a member of the Elite Four tells potential challengers, I put my abilities to the test.

After hours of inane questions that, from what I could tell, had nothing to do with my ability to become a Pokémon master, I found myself transported back to Johto once more, Pokémon in hand. (Yay, end of finals!) Strangely, the townspeople commented on neither my absence nor my sudden reappearance. Shaking off my confusion, I finally entered the town's gym, ready to earn my final badge. Compared with the challenges I had faced in the alternate realm, the Blackthorn Gym seemed far too easy. I swept through the place, and then, to satisfy the gym leader, traveled into the depths of the Dragon's Den.

Finally, I left Blackthorn and headed home, where Professor Elm presented me with a master ball. But now was not the time for idleness. Unwilling to delay even to say hello to my mother, I darted east across the sea, eventually reaching a land that I was informed was Kanto.

I made my way northward towards the Indigo Plateau, home of the Elite Four and their so-called Champion. But the Champion would not retain his title for long. Soon, I would seize his rank from him, and reign supreme over all trainers in Johto and Kanto alike. Or so I thought.

The team:

Ursaring L36 - Fighting/Psychic
-Waterfall
-Fire Punch
-Low Kick
-Seismic Toss

Feraligatr L42 - Fighting/Water
-Headbutt
-Surf
-Vital Throw
-Guillotine

Noctowl L32 - Dragon
-Waterfall
-Twister
-Ice Punch
-Heal Bell

Nidorino L17 - Bug/Fighting
-Megahorn
-Steel Wing
-Whirlpool
-Strength

Gyarados L39 - Electric
-Fire Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Heal Bell
-Cross Chop

Growlithe L31 - Rock/Flying
-Ancientpower
-Rock Slide
-Razor Leaf
-Fly

Togetic got bumped off the team at some point. As great as it was earlier in the playthrough, it just wasn't pulling its weight anymore as I approached the Elite Four.

Update: I plowed through the Elite Four. It was tough, but my Pokémon were up to the challenge. Unfortunately, becoming Champion apparently doesn't make me the best trainer in Kanto as well as Johto; I have to beat Kanto's gym leaders as well. Why a Champion needs to challenge measly gym leaders is beyond me, but if that's what it takes to reach my goal, then go to Kanto I shall.

Last edited by Imperator161; December 19th, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:08 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz

yallo:

All i did was train like hell for Gardenia, she is TOUGH!

Fear me Humans!
Old January 25th, 2014, 08:26 AM
SoundDesperado

Ah, I remember creating this challenge. Well, not quite, you made some much-needed adjustments to it (random stats were a stupid idea, I bossed an Emerald playthrough with a Dragon-Ghost Alakazam with Outrage and a ridiculous SpAtk stat with little trouble), but I'm glad someone reposted it. You even used my Bellossom and Kingdra examples :D. I had been off the forums for a while because of school but I thought I might stop by. I'm happy that I left something behind despite little activity in the forums. Might start doing some challenges again on my phone emulator.

EDIT: Whoops, just looked at the date! Sorry...
Old February 24th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Imperator161

After defeating the Elite Four, I returned home to New Bark Town. However, my visit was short-lived; Professor Elm summoned me to his laboratory the moment I set foot outside my house. He thrust a boat ticket into my hands, and off I went to Olivine to catch the next ship to Kanto.

I expected a pleasant cruise, a vacation of sorts to recuperate after my difficult Johto journey. Unfortunately, my voyage was marred by problems. Not only did I have to spend my days running around the ship after a lost but perfectly happy girl, but I also managed to get stranded inexplicably at sea for two months!

But alas, after a seemingly endless trip, my vessel finally docked in Vermillion. From there, I dashed for the local gym, eager to make up for lost time. Fortunately, my skills hadn't deteriorated too much on the boat, so I plowed through the leader's underlings and took out the gym leader in record time.

Exhausted, I decided to stop for the day and lay out a plan for conquering Kanto. One badge down, seven to go. Before long, victory over this new land would be within my grasp!

The team:

Ursaring L42 - Fighting/Psychic
-Waterfall
-Fire Punch
-Low Kick
-Seismic Toss

Feraligatr L46 - Fighting/Water
-Headbutt
-Surf
-Vital Throw
-Guillotine

Noctowl L39 - Dragon
-Waterfall
-Twister
-Ice Punch
-Hidden Power

Nidorino L17 - Bug/Fighting
-Megahorn
-Steel Wing
-Whirlpool
-Strength

Gyarados L41 - Electric
-Fire Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Heal Bell
-Cross Chop

Growlithe L35 - Rock/Flying
-Ancientpower
-Drill Peck
-Razor Leaf
-Fly
Old February 26th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Sadly, after hours of gameplay my save state has become corrupted
I will have to retire from this challenge for now, but i will make a comeback!!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old February 26th, 2014, 02:19 PM
KKJ
Abominations of mankind

Well , i will give this a try ...
Username: KKJ
Game: Black 2
Optional(s) Selected: Almost everything with the a exception of random pokemon on trainers
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Chalifoux
Oh, Canada! Surprise! It's Me!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I was so close to finally finishing this challenge... and then the USB drive where I stored my save files was corrupted D:

So long story short I have to start again after being at around 5 minutes from defeating my last game of the challenge DX

Sign-Up form
Spoiler:
Username: Resolution
Game: Yeah, I'm gonna do one per Generation, plus White 2, just for the fun of it. LeafGreen -> HeartGold -> Emerald -> Platinum -> White -> White 2. Not gonna randomize mons so this might as well make up for the missing ones of each game/gen ;D
Challenge Type: Evolution.
Optional Rules: All the rules. ALL OF THEM.
Old February 28th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Magic Guard

Nature: Brave
Yet another great challenge Necrum Warrior, Ill sign up!
Username: ShadowGreninja
Game: Sapphire

Update 1: Got Treecko the Bug/Normal Type

Proud Member of PokeCommunity Survivor Team Spheal
"Spheal With It"
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Username: Para
Game: Emerald

Optional Rules: All except for B/W Exp Patch

EDIT: Just beat Roxanne. She had a really nasty dragon-type Haunter that nearly sweeped my entire team.

TEAM: (Click for tumblr post for more infomation and screenshots)

Fletcher (Combusken) Lv.16
Type - Ghost/Steel
- Cut
- Astonish
- Meteor Mash
- Doom Desire

Coreen (Taillow) Lv.13
Type - Fire
- Fire Punch
- Fire Blast
- Acid Armor
- Flamethrower

Josiah (Marill) Lv.9
Type - Dragon/Dark
- Uproar
- Dragon Dance
- Dragonbreath
- [EMPTY]

Woodrow (Zigzagoon) Lv.8
Type - Electric/Ghost
- Volt Tackle
- Astonish
- Steel Wing
- [EMPTY]

Here's a fun idea I just thought of - how about after the challenge is over making Fakemon out of our final Pokémon? It seems like a interesting idea personally and I think it will be something to do that will help to reflect the challenge.

Last edited by Azure Rathalδs; March 2nd, 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added progress
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links