The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Favorite Town/City?
Littleroot Town 1 0.88%
Oldale Town 1 0.88%
Petalburg City 1 0.88%
Rustboro City 3 2.65%
Dewford Town 0 0%
Slateport City 10 8.85%
Mauville City 8 7.08%
Verdanturf Town 3 2.65%
Fallarbor Town 0 0%
Lavaridge Town 3 2.65%
Fortree City 31 27.43%
Lilycove City 22 19.47%
Mossdeep City 6 5.31%
Sootopolis City 13 11.50%
Pacifidlog Town 9 7.96%
Ever Grande City 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:55 AM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
Fortree for sure. No other game before or since has such a unique take on a city
Pacifidlog Town was too small i feel, like 3 houses and a PC only? i know its just meant to be a representation and not the actual size but still...

Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Totodilemaster

Nature: Timid
Littleroot town ! I love the starting towns !
Old November 4th, 2013, 10:56 AM
WonderfulWhiscash
Murderous Magikarp

Nature: Hasty
I love Hoenn as a whole, but for me, Slateport clinches it. No gym, but I just love the market and the beach, as well as the place where you get that lemonade stuff that heals 80hp, and the name rater. But special mentions go to Pacifidlog town and Fortree
Old November 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Fortree, hands down. Other than for its gym and a few minor things, it doesn't have much significance. But come on, it's an entirely city made of tree houses. How awesome is that?

Close second would be Slateport. I love the feel of how populated it seems between the beach, the market, the museum and the action that went down there during the main storyline.
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Lesqx
eRepublik Player

Nature: Quiet
Fortree City. Beuty town, unique. Gym Leader is hard too But its not important. "Nature" town always cool

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 4th, 2013, 02:32 PM
DarkPoke001
Newfound Love For Togekiss

Nature: Modest
The town that wins it hands down is... Lilycove City! Lilycove City was the town that i most visited on my Emerald Version because it has well... everything! in the town there's the Shopping Dept. which is really useful especially for the rare items that can be purchased nowhere else! there's the Museum which is always nice to go and visit the move deleters here to get rid of those pesky HM's! the boat to the Battle Fronter and Slateport City docks here, the contest hall is here, the pokémon fan club is here, it's near the Safari zone, it's near Team Aqua's base AND it's near Registeel's chamber!!! (that's pretty impressive for a toen that doesn't even have a gym )

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : TBC

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

Hoenn Confirmed! - FOR REAL!
Old November 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Lilycove for me. A big city with stuff to do and good surroundings is what I look for in a city. Big Contest Hall, Safari Zone just outside, the huge mall and many other things. There are a lot of people to talk to and it's a relaxing area once Team Aqua have been gotten rid of. Also, there is a sea to the right of it which just adds the beauty of the city. Plus, from the adjacent routes, you can catch some pretty amazing Pokemon; Staryu, Vulpix, Shuppet and the dozen you can get from Safari Zone.
Old November 4th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Shizzable
The Derpiest One Of All

I like Lilycove city a lot. It has a cool overall design, it leads into the wonderful sea of Hoenn, and it has some cool buildings like the hotel, the department store, and the Contest Hall (which was a really fun distraction).
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Bakuhatsu!

Nature: Calm
Sootopolis city has always been my favorite in the Hoenn region. It´s theme music is just awesome and I love its design and concept. I also think Verdanturf Town is pretty neat too, it has one of my favorite music in the third generation games. All around, it just resonates a feel good atmosphere.
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:20 AM
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys, this thread really called out to me so thought I would chirp in and give mt two cents!

My favourite town/city in the marevelous Hoenn region would have to be hands down Pacifidilog town! Despite the lack of logic in building a town there considering the islands around it I really enjoy the feel you get from getting to Pacifidilog and it's a place I'd like to live if I were in the Pokémon games/world.

That's not even including that its bypassed in many runs of Ruby and Sapphire considering that it's not mandatory but it is right next door to the home of the all conquering Rayquaza! I just love Pacifidilog town too much :3

Old November 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Stygian
誰か

Nature: Hasty
I love all the towns and cities, since they all have something special in them. But my personal favorite would have to be Lilycove. Sure, there's nothing really special, unlike towns like Pacifidlog and Fortree but Lilycove just has so many things you can do! It's a really great place that I would live in, since you can do lots of things downtown but the peaceful, calming beach is just around the corner. The flow between the city and the beach is...natural, and that's why I love it!

· family ·
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I like Pacifidlog Town. So peaceful and natural. I played the game for like a few months before I even realized it existed. And the music is beautiful. Same music as Lilycove City, but it fits Pacifidlog much better. If I lived in Hoenn, Pacifidlog Town would be the perfect place to go on vacation.
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:03 PM
VV
ブラック

Send a message via Skype™ to VV
Probably Vendanturf town. I love it for some reason and the piano soundtrack <3
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Poor Dewford...nobody likes Dewford Town? Probably because the only thing to do there is go to the gym...
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Alex
Whale & Wasp
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Sootopolis was definitely my favorite city in Hoenn. I absolutely loved the music, and besides a few tile errors like the staircase coloring, the overworld was a sight to behold!

I did my time and I want out
So effusive – fade – it doesn’t cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo–sacrosanct perversion
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Kyoko
some things are that simple

Nature: Sassy
I just restarted playing Ruby (my sapphire was first lost by the person who borrowed it and the replacement copy they got me was glitching) and I love so many of the towns - it was one of my favorite gens for this reason; I'd always sit and imagine where I'd live :)

Sooo, my top cities are Mauville since it has the bike path, slateport with the beach, verdanturf because of the peaceful nature vibe, and lavaridge since I would pretend it's a giant spa :P
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:46 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

I gotta say, Slateport city is probably my favorite JUST because of the awesome music
Also, the beach is really nice. I love walking in the sand and leaving my footprints in it and seeing it disappear
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Reddo
Happy!

It's Fortree because it looks like my place. I mean, there's a forest of eucalyptus behind my house. If it was possible, would like to live atop the trees.
The routes around it are nostalgic... I remember my first Feebas hunting and the music of Route 120 is awesome... There's also the rain... XD

Old December 25th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Someday
My Avi is 100% Charizard free

Nature: Modest
I'm a fan of Rustboro City (no coincidence). The ultra-modern look, the rustic designs which are the namesake, and plenty of cool buildings, like Devon Corporation. It takes the cake for best-looking city with the first Gym in any Pokemon game.

Second place goes to: Mauville City. I spent most of my time playng here. I like the wide white streets, the Game Corner, and the areas surrounding it. You have a Day-Care on the left and beach strip on the right. Very different.

Final mention is Mossdeep City. A practical island with a clear Space theme. The Gym Leaders here, like every town and city they represent, reflect the looks and styles of their city. Tate and Liza are dressed in blue space suits! Also, this city outlooks the water and a bunch of other small inhabited islands.

I know I can't vote for the Battle Frontier, but wow, was that well-designed.

Emerald Pokemon Anime Challenge 0/8
Old December 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Erubbu

For me, Mauville, because it was just in the middle of everything I'd focus on, such as my secret base in route 110 and the day care in route 117, as well as I'd go up route 111 for some reason haha. Never really cared much for route 118 though.
I did love the other cities too; I just don't remember doing much in them after finishing what I needed to do in them to progress in the game. There were a few fun things I remember having a lot of fun doing, like collected ashes for the flutes up near Fallarbor (the blue flute was probably my most favourite flute) and constantly flying to Pacifidlog to try and reach the diving spot to reach the place where Relicanth and Wailord were needed and using a guide I got free with a magazine to read the Braille. Mossdeep I remember flying to to reach the shoal cave to gather enough to make a shell bell, as well as Lilycove, of course for it's department store.
Old December 27th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Jasschan

Definitely Fortree because I like those bridges and the sound they make when walking on them.. It's just awesome. >.<
I also like the gym there, it has the best puzzle ever made in pokemon history and it's a flying-type gym, and I happen to really love flying-type pokemon.
And I had my secret base near Fortree for some reason. (I guess it was the closest base available that was near a pokecenter)
Old January 3rd, 2014, 02:52 PM
Hikamaru
forever and a day
Community Supporter

Slateport City for me. I love how it has its own beach, that's definitely a unique trait even though it's technically part of Route 109.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old January 3rd, 2014, 03:58 PM
Retribution
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Lilycove City of course! Lilycove has the Department Store, Pokemon Fan Club, Contest Hall, Magma/Aqua Hideout, Harbor. It's the place where you'll begin surfing very long and you'll have your last battle with your rival.

Lilycove is just great, that's all.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
mayuyu
Fairy Queen

Fortree, Pacifidlog, and Sootopolis. No doubt that Hoenn had some unique town/city designs, but these three take the cake for me. A city resting on trees, a town floating on logs, and a city hidden underwater, can't get more awesome than that.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:04 PM
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
Fallarbor, Fortree and Sootopolis. I voted for Fortree, but I'm kind of wishing I'd voted for Fallarbor, since it's not getting much love... XD

Fallarbor because it's next to my favourite Route, 113. Fortree because of the tree houses, but of course. And Sootopolis because it was home to the Groudon/Kyogre battle in Emerald and because of how one of the townspeople describes how it looks at night.

Regions cleared in the almighty Dark mono-type: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links