The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 29th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Advertise here
I know I saw it had filled when I was posting... but you mentioned maybe adding new slots and then there always seems to be thst one person who reserves then drops out or takes a year to make a SU so I posted it anyway to get my foot in the door. Also testing the waters since this is a very non standard character that has a high chance of being rejected alway so... ya...
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:41 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
You picked just the right RP then Stingray. I can see interaction with your character becoming quite interesting.

Also, Scyke and I are indeed going to add new slots. We are just debating how many we will open and who will get them. For those of you who have chosen your starters already their moves and abilities will be posted here soon.
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Jegretis

Nature: Jolly
Finished my SU. Let me know if I need to change anything.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:07 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

You're accepted Jegretis!

After a few more completed SU's I think I'll submit the IC.

Edit: We have decided to add two new slots. The first we are giving to stingray and the last we have left open to whoever else can get a completed SU in first.

Last edited by gimmepie; September 30th, 2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
I shall post my SU, don't you worry. I have a character concept and thinking about starter pokémon and what goal to specify for the character!

Also, about the link color. Maybe you fixed it already, but just put the [Color] tag inside the [url] tag and it'll be the color you want and not highlight when you hover it.

trust me, I'm the Doctor !

Old September 30th, 2013, 05:35 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

yeah I've got it sorted now Red's, thank you for the advise though

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :D
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Duncey

I just put up my SU, I'm not 100% happy with it so if anyone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to take them into consideration. I didn't just want to make a friendly, go-along-with-everything character, wanted to try something a bit different!
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
@Duncey - Nolan seems like an awesome character and certainly different from the norm, I'll accept him! Hopefully his rebellious nature won't get him to too much trouble.
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I'm adding Duncey to the list of accepted.
However Duncey, if you want to have Tyrogue it is going to need to be male as Tyrogue is a male only species.
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Firstly, I totally think you should allow a female Tyrogue. I never noticed that all four in that family were male only! That's so silly. A female Tyrogue would be badassly awesome.

Secondly, I read all the other SUs now and realized that Stingray's character also is a technology-wiz. I've written my SU to have a girl be like that. Not with a mechanical arm though. She'd have a different goal. So maybe it would be okay (especially since there are others having the goal "be the best trainer" kind of anyways) with two people with similar skills. I guess their personalities (and genders!) would be different enough anyways. Well, ok, she also judges people easily and... Hmm darnit. We'll see and hope they'll seem different enough.

But just so you don't think I copied him or something :3 I wrote my SU up before I read the others. Just have some finishing touches, and the history, to go.

Old September 30th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Duncey

Oh yeah, sorry gimmiepie! I only just realized! Woops! Will go and edit her to a him now!
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Duncey just make your Tyrogue a genetically manipulated experiment! <insert mad scientist laugh>

Red just great minds think alike... not knowing your plans for your character either her and Hark can be great allies or rivals. Interested in seeing your character... perhaps they will be the opposite sides of the same coin as Hark is fanatical devoted to improvement through technology.
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Crushgaunt

Nature: Lonely
My SU is done, however since internet is down here I can't post it
(posted from my phone)

Full Name: Ken Darbin

Appearance: Standing at around six foot one, and weighing right around two hundred twenty pounds, Ken’s a fairly big guy. His size, pale skin, and blond hair help him to stand out in a crowd whether he wants to or not, so he’s come to embrace it; he wears his hair long enough for a shoulder-length ponytail, his face tends to carry enough just enough hair to qualify as a beard rather than stubble, and his sense of fashion tends to be somewhat eye catching, to say the least. If the weather permits he’s often wearing flip-flops, canvas shorts, muscle shirts in dark blue, green, or black, and some variety of aloha shirt. His eyes are a sage green.

Fashion statements to tend to fall through when practicality comes into play, however, as his traveling clothes tends to consist of hiking boots, full canvas pants, and at least one waterproof jacket.

Personality: Ken’s a big guy with an equally big personality; he’s known to laugh often and loudly but just as quick to throw a glare and abrasive words when he feels it’s warranted. Often he’s seen as energetic, preferring to sprint across town but will walk at more of a meandering gait if he’s traveling to places he’s never been, or just traveling long distance. He’s generally trustworthy but it isn’t uncommon for him to forget promises or commitments he’s made, but he does genuinely try.

His hobbies include swimming, mountain climbing, betting on televised pokemon battles, and playing card games.

Goal: To see the world! (If pokemon gyms help or present themselves along the way, who’s he to say no?)

Brief History: Growing up in Lavaridge town, Ken spent much of his time in the nearby mountains, poking around, becoming familiar with the local pokemon, and otherwise exploring. Living such a life, Ken got a taste for adventure fairly early on, although the trainer bug never really bit him and as such he never really had the great pokemon adventure that all the magazines and TV shows said he should have, but largely it didn’t bother him. He mostly enjoyed himself working as an attendant at the Pokemart in town and continuing his ever-expanding exploration of the areas surrounding his home. All this changed when, while wandering through a previously unexplored (at least by him) mountain cave, he discovered a sleeping larvitar. After observing the little pokemon for what felt like hours, it awoke and chased him back to town, eventually tackling him to retrieve the handful of berries he happened to be carrying in his pack.

After that the little thing wouldn’t leave him alone so after a couple of weeks of caring for it while simultaneously trying to get it to go back to the mountains, he eventually broke down and bought a pokeball for the little guy. Once he realized that he did, in fact, have his own pokemon, he decided to go forth and finally see the rest of the region for himself (If accepted, I’d likely start RPing here).

Chosen Starter: Larvitar named Rexus

Other: Void

Last edited by Crushgaunt; September 30th, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

I kinda made a cop-out, but I managed to fix my SU in order to fix the solution. Haha. Am I good now?
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

@Red's - If Duncey was dead set on that, I'd be okay with it if I had to be, but clearly that's not the case. As for your character, so long as they aren't the same character with different bits I'm fine with that.

@Duncey - all good

@Crushgaunt - Accepted. Welcome to the RP

@Heretostay - Well that is an interesting start haha! Accepted.

Edit: I'll be submitting the IC today.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Fastest starting RP ever most likely... everyone else wrote a little about their Pokemon so I did to :p not that it says anything.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:45 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Ah yeh! I'm excited for this one! All of the characters already sound so interesting! Haha. I'm glad everyone chose such diverse goals. They all sound so interesting!
Old September 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM
OmegaPinkMan
Lonely Planet Boy

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to OmegaPinkMan
Almost done with the SU! Only appearance and half of the history to go! I'll probably have it ready within this week.
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:31 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
The Su'll be ready by tomorrow but the post on 10th.
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:08 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Kanea, that should be okay but be aware that I'm submitting the IC now.
I am really loving all your characters I can't wait to see them play out in the IC :D

Scyke will have the information for starters posted soon also, so don't panic if the IC goes up before the starter info.
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Wonder how long it will take for the IC to be approved...

It will be interesting to see how the characters interact... obviously all the traditional "I wanna be the very best" people will be constantly in each other's way (as they all want to be the best).

Also anyone want to travel together for more interacting instead of everyone splitting up?
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:26 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
@Everyone who has been accepted so far - here are your starters' moves and abilities.

Gimmiepie:

Axew
Mold Breaker
Scratch, Leer, Dual Chop

Heretostay:

Magby
Vital Spirit
Smog, Flame Charge, Smokescreen

Jegretis:

Chimchar
Blaze
Scratch, Bulk Up, Ember

Genevieve:

Vulpix
Flash Fire
Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Ember

Stingray:

Ralts
Trace
Calm Mind, Confusion, Magical Leaf

Duncey:

Tyrogue
Guts
Tackle, Bulk Up, Rock Smash

Crushgaunt:

Larvitar
Guts
Bite, Leer, Rock Polish

EDIT: @Stingray - Yeah, can't wait to see how everyone plays out their character and how these personalities clash against each other! Really excited for this RP and hopefully it'll go really successfully.

About travelling together however, I can see how the premise can be pleasing and it would be awesome but through my experience on the RPC I wouldn't really recommended it; I mean, temporary company with another rper is fine, but if you want something more permanent I'm just worried that if one of the company suddenly goe inactive, because real life can throw anything at anyone, how would you explain that in the rp? It could leave others at a sticky situation, and forcing them to either quit or come up with something drastic. Just something to think about, I mean if you really want to then I won't stop you but do give it a serious thought.

Last edited by Nauje; October 1st, 2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:21 AM
Duncey

So looking forward to this! All the Pokémon look pretty good too! :D
Old October 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Glad to see you, and everyone else, is so enthusiastic Duncey. We are currently waiting on the IC (and everyone else to complete their SUs). Once the IC is up I will post the information for the chapter and then the RP will finally be able to begin.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:13 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Mrraorrrr I can probably have time to finish the SU tomorrow! I just have some trouble finding time to get onto the computer and log onto PC at all, and I gotta take care of some mod stuff before I allow myself to write or RP. Durr durr. :3

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here