Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2013 (09:15 AM).
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
Quote originally posted by Rhytham:
Hey guys do you know the names of the E4 of gold,

I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names )
The names, in order, are Will (Psychic), Koga (Poison), Bruno (Fighting) and Karen (Dark), same as in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I find that when I played Gold and Crystal, Koga gave me the most trouble because I didn't know Poisons weakness. In Gen 4 remakes I found Bruno to be the hardest because he was always faster than my Pokemon. I think that if you stole Will's team you could take in the whole E4 of Johto will little trouble except for Karen.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old October 13th, 2013 (07:16 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Nature: Timid

I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names ) :)
Water Gym Leader already answered your questions, but as far as my favorite E4... hmmm. Will was actually really cool to me design-wise. Karen was another great member and I really loved her personality! Though I still wish her team was more made up of dark Pokemon, like the inclusion of Sneasel (or Weavile in HG/SS) for example. That would have brought her to 4 dark types on her team rather than keeping around that odd Vileplume, which I personally felt was the most out of place.

Not counting Lance she probably is also the hardest. :3

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 LV
Old October 13th, 2013 (07:28 AM).
BroChickaBowWow
mlg uber rng shop coming soon!

Name: BroChickaBowWow (Nick)
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): chikarita , pichu
Answer a topic! First Game? gold <3 oh the memories i remember when i picked up that game. chikarita was my starter. :D i love that pkmn
Old October 13th, 2013 (03:11 PM).
krabbypatz93
August Burns Red FTW

Nature: Jolly
Name: krabbypatz93 :p
Partners: Quilava and Steelix

1. What was the first Johto game you played?
The first Johto game I ever played was Silver, but I got it in the package with Gold so I started a journey on both the same day. Cyndaquil in Gold and Chikorita in Silver, I still remember to this day what a fine Typhlosion that Cyndaquil became.

2. What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
Aipom. I like it because it's kind of an odd ball, just like me :p

3. When did you first start loving Johto?
The minute I stepped foot in New Bark Town, and it just got better from there.

4. If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?
Enti. It was the first Johto legendary Pokemon I ever ran into, and I remember being mystified by it. That would be so dope to roll around on an Enti!
Old October 13th, 2013 (08:29 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
5. Do you have any favorite fanart images of Johto Pokemon you like? Share them with us!

This one right there:

I have it as my avatar all over the place

What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita?

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Totodile. It's soo freaking adorable and then it turns into this hunchbacked freak. I even liked using it back in the old days when STAB was horrible due to its physical strength being better than its special.
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old October 14th, 2013 (04:34 PM).
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

[QUOTE=Rhytham;7873284]What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita ?

chikorita hands down. It has the most adorable design ever. unfortuanty though it has a terrible movepool in comparison too totodile but that matters none whatsoever.
so competitively totodile is amazing
design wise chikorita is kawaii to the max.
Old October 15th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
What you think guys what is good Totodile or Chikorita ?
Why only Totodile and Chikorita? I know that Cyndaquil is quite the fan-favourite of this generation, but I don't think it should be left out :p Unless it was to compare the two underdogs, in which case I don't really see Totodile as an underdog. Chikorita is the only one that has really gotten blatant hate out of the three, and it's not because it's really a bad Pokemon, but more because of how badly its typing matches up with the gyms of the region, being weak to 3 of the gym types. Between the two, I'm going with Totodile though, mainly because of the reason above. I really love Chikorita design-wise, but I've always been pretty reliant on my starter Pokemon, so I've just never really been up for the challenge of using Chikorita. I think I may have gone through the game with Chikorita once, but I think that's pretty much why I never chose it again. And the spot for my favourite has just always pretty much been between Totodile and Cyndaquil, as they're both awesome, both design-wise and when it comes to battling. I can easily say that the second generation has some of my favourite starters, but then again, that may just be bias. I've just always like them though :p

I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names ) :)
I'm gonna be totally honest here, despite my love for the second generation, I've never found the E4 to be specifically memorable, and could only remember the reappearing characters from the originals when playing through my brother's gold again a few years after my friend lost my Gold, so Will and Karen are totally out of the question when it comes to favourites :p

But yeah, my favourite E4 member is definitely Bruno, and that goes for both generation 1 and generation 2. I don't know what it is about him, but I've always found him to be pretty cool. I think part of it is for the fact that I actually thought he was the one you got Tyrogue from, and as such felt like he was more involved with the character, and I guess just because I liked his team so much. Overall, I don't really have much of a specific reason for why I like him, I've just always felt like he was pretty chill :p Oh, and I definitely started liking his character after reading through the first arc of the Pokemon Adventures manga, (SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't read it and plans to sometime :p)
Spoiler:
due to the fact that he was the only one of the E4 members who was actually "good". I mean, his conditions for losing in the second battle between him and Red was kinda brutal, but he was still the only honest and good person of the E4 members, and I'm pretty sure he helped Red and friends as well afterwards, although it's been a while since I last read it :p

As for the one I found to be the hardest, I guess it would have to be Koga. The Johto E4 wasn't really that hard, and the only one I ever really had problems with was Lance, solely because of the fact that I had no idea what Dragon was weak to, and only knew that his Gyarados and Dragonites were weak to Electric type moves. Thankfully that was half his team. But yeah, Koga. I honestly don't remember why I had such a hard time beating him, but I'm pretty sure it was just that darn Muk. I just remember I've always hated Koga, and I honestly wasn't happy he was promoted to E4 member xD

As for which E4 member would have the best chance of beating the others, I reckon Will, just because he has an edge on Koga and Bruno with his Psychic types, but Karen might be able to wreck him. Either way, as I said, I never found the Johto E4 to be that memorable, so don't really have much input on that :p
Old October 19th, 2013 (09:34 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Haha, oddly enough Koga is always the one I have least trouble with. When I go in I almost always have something that works well against a majority of his Pokemon.. though I do remember having problems dealing with his Muk since it abuses Minimize. Bruno's Machamp and its Rock Slide/Cross Chop isn't exactly pleasant, either. :(

club 1 club 2 LV
Old October 19th, 2013 (10:10 AM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

Yeahh, I may just have mixed up my memories from the first generation games and the second generation ones, as I'm certain I always had a hard time beating Koga in both my Blue version and Leafgreen version, but in all honesty, I wasn't very educated on the type chart, and barely knew what types certain Pokemon were at times, so my strategies usually consisted of stocking up on revives and potions, spamming certain moves I knew would do a decent amount of damage, and then hoping for the best. Through trial and error I'd learn which moves were good against certain Pokemon, and eventually be successful in beating the E4, only to repeat the process next time I went to face them :p Thank God they weren't all that hard ;)

But yeah, sadly, like I said, I've never really found the Johto E4 to be that memorable, but considering I haven't played through a second generation game for quite some time, I'm not sure if that'd really apply anymore. I was kinda ignorant to a lot of the characters and story elements of the games back when I was younger, which I guess is why I feel that way about the E4. Really need to get Heartgold or Soulsilver ;p
Old October 19th, 2013 (08:34 PM).
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Olli97:
Why only Totodile and Chikorita? I know that Cyndaquil is quite the fan-favourite of this generation, but I don't think it should be left out :p Unless it was to compare the two underdogs, in which case I don't really see Totodile as an underdog. Chikorita is the only one that has really gotten blatant hate out of the three, and it's not because it's really a bad Pokemon, but more because of how badly its typing matches up with the gyms of the region, being weak to 3 of the gym types. Between the two, I'm going with Totodile though, mainly because of the reason above. I really love Chikorita design-wise, but I've always been pretty reliant on my starter Pokemon, so I've just never really been up for the challenge of using Chikorita. I think I may have gone through the game with Chikorita once, but I think that's pretty much why I never chose it again. And the spot for my favourite has just always pretty much been between Totodile and Cyndaquil, as they're both awesome, both design-wise and when it comes to battling. I can easily say that the second generation has some of my favourite starters, but then again, that may just be bias. I've just always like them though :p

I'm gonna be totally honest here, despite my love for the second generation, I've never found the E4 to be specifically memorable, and could only remember the reappearing characters from the originals when playing through my brother's gold again a few years after my friend lost my Gold, so Will and Karen are totally out of the question when it comes to favourites :p

But yeah, my favourite E4 member is definitely Bruno, and that goes for both generation 1 and generation 2. I don't know what it is about him, but I've always found him to be pretty cool. I think part of it is for the fact that I actually thought he was the one you got Tyrogue from, and as such felt like he was more involved with the character, and I guess just because I liked his team so much. Overall, I don't really have much of a specific reason for why I like him, I've just always felt like he was pretty chill :p Oh, and I definitely started liking his character after reading through the first arc of the Pokemon Adventures manga, (SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't read it and plans to sometime :p)
Spoiler:
due to the fact that he was the only one of the E4 members who was actually "good". I mean, his conditions for losing in the second battle between him and Red was kinda brutal, but he was still the only honest and good person of the E4 members, and I'm pretty sure he helped Red and friends as well afterwards, although it's been a while since I last read it :p

As for the one I found to be the hardest, I guess it would have to be Koga. The Johto E4 wasn't really that hard, and the only one I ever really had problems with was Lance, solely because of the fact that I had no idea what Dragon was weak to, and only knew that his Gyarados and Dragonites were weak to Electric type moves. Thankfully that was half his team. But yeah, Koga. I honestly don't remember why I had such a hard time beating him, but I'm pretty sure it was just that darn Muk. I just remember I've always hated Koga, and I honestly wasn't happy he was promoted to E4 member xD

As for which E4 member would have the best chance of beating the others, I reckon Will, just because he has an edge on Koga and Bruno with his Psychic types, but Karen might be able to wreck him. Either way, as I said, I never found the Johto E4 to be that memorable, so don't really have much input on that :p

GUYS GUYS you know maybe all of us have common mind about E4

I always find Koga very hard i always need atleast 20 heal reviveing medicine And atleast 10 stat heal and yeah Cyndaquil isn't bad through And Bruno's rock type pokemon are great i like him too but my favorite in GEN II is him and in GEN III steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseed : chikorita hands down. It has the most adorable design ever. unfortuanty though it has a terrible movepool in comparison too totodile but that matters none whatsoever.
so competitively totodile is amazing
design wise chikorita is kawaii to the max.
Yeah your right but Don't go to Moveset okay and totodile is always great and best for me !

Quote:
originally Posted by Crino : Water Gym Leader already answered your questions, but as far as my favorite E4... hmmm. Will was actually really cool to me design-wise. Karen was another great member and I really loved her personality! Though I still wish her team was more made up of dark Pokemon, like the inclusion of Sneasel (or Weavile in HG/SS) for example. That would have brought her to 4 dark types on her team rather than keeping around that odd Vileplume, which I personally felt was the most out of place.

Not counting Lance she probably is also the hardest. :3
Yeah agree you.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhytham View Post

I just wanna know ! And which one is your favorite ? and which one you find the most hard ? I find the number 4th (I forgot the name) And of whom Pokemon from E4 Pokemon was the best team to defeat trainers and league i mean is there any member of E4 that if we can steal or have exact all Pokemon so can we beat the league. what does you mind says ? tell me i want to know (And don't forget to tell me the names )
The names, in order, are Will (Psychic), Koga (Poison), Bruno (Fighting) and Karen (Dark), same as in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I find that when I played Gold and Crystal, Koga gave me the most trouble because I didn't know Poisons weakness. In Gen 4 remakes I found Bruno to be the hardest because he was always faster than my Pokemon. I think that if you stole Will's team you could take in the whole E4 of Johto will little trouble except for Karen.
Yeah Koga is always hard for me in Gold and Crystal. His Poison Pokemon are strong and i also didn't knew the weakness of it.
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:07 PM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Will was definitely the easiest for me and I was usually able to take out all or most of his Pokemon in one hit. The others gave me some trouble along the way, but never too much! Mostly it was just Koga's Muk, Bruno's Machamp, and Karen's.. Houndoom, was it?

Anyways, time for a new topic. :D

What do you guys think of the Johto starters? Who is your favorite from the group?

club 1 club 2 LV
Old October 30th, 2013 (05:21 AM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

What do you guys think of the Johto starters? Who is your favorite from the group?

I remember my answer to this topic from waaay back in last second generation club, was that it was without a doubt Cyndaquil. Although honestly, that is not at all true. It's not as though I dislike Chikorita, but Totodile and Cyndaquil have always really been in competition for my top favourite starter of that generation, which mainly stems from how I was always fluctuating between, with a small preference to Cyndaquil however. And that's also pretty much the only reason Cyndaquil gets the edge on Totodile. I've always preferred Typhlosion in battle, since I was a huge Fire type fanatic back in the day, and generally loved its movepool and the fact that it never really seemed to let me down. Feraligatr was also great, but it just wasn't quite in the same reach as Typhlosion, at least not in my opinion, but I may just be biased from the fact that Cyndaquil was my first starter of that region :p

Design-wise however, I do prefer Totodile. In fact, Cyndaquil is actually my least favourite of the three when it comes to design. What I like about both the Totodile and the Chikorita family, is how they're designed with such joyful colours, and it's one of the things that makes Feraligatr less intimidating to be honest. With the Totodile family sporting a dominant light blue colour with red spikes and a few yellow-ish spots here and there depending on the stage. And although I find Chikorita to be a bit bland, considering there isn't much variety to its colours, I seriously love what the flower does to Meganium. I don't know why exactly, but I feel like it just adds so much to design, and I still find the green colour to be quite bland, it's mainly just the "repetitiveness" that kinda makes it dull to look at. But yeah, while I still really like the Cyndaqul family's design, the colours just never really stood out as much as the other two's, and, well, that obviously puts it at the bottom :p

I also really liked Totodile in the anime, just because it felt like one of the more defined characters. Like, it was really energetic and mischievous a lot of the time, but would still go far to win its battles for Ash, and that's kind of one of the reasons I really liked that he didn't evolve it, because I feel like it would only really fit Totodile, because it certainly also looks like such a character. I don't remember much of the Johto anime though, so can't really say much more about that :p

But yeah, in the end Cyndaquil is still my favourite. I can't really help but feel that way, considering all of the times I've used Cyndaquil. The times when I cloned it to get a party of 6 Typhlosions becausen one of my friends could ever beat those for some reason ;') Sorry Totodile! You were close, but not close enough :(
Old November 6th, 2013 (04:31 PM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Totodile was my favorite design-wise for the longest time. He's cute and even a bit charming with how he dances around, especially in the anime. So far he's my absolute favorite water starter and it doesn't seem like anything will take that rank away. Croconaw took a while to get used to but eventually its whole line had grown on me so much and I'd used it many, many times during my many G/S/C replays. So I totally agree with you!

The question of my favorite Johto starter itself is tough to answer, though. I'm a huge fan of all 3.. so much that it's hard to pick one. Cyndaquil was my very first starter and had served me well through my first playthrough of Silver. But once I saw Chikorita in the anime something just clicked and it's been my favorite since.. might be because of her cuteness but the design itself is really appealing to me and continues to be as she evolves.

club 1 club 2 LV
Old November 19th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Things have been a little stagnant here lately so I figured I'd add another topic. Definitely feel free to answer the previous one if you haven't yet.. most of you haven't since there's only been one reply to it, so go on! You know you want to.

Anyways, onwards to the new topic!

Which of the gym leaders introduced in Johto were your favorites and why?

club 1 club 2 LV
Old November 20th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
Pokemount
Hello

Hello

Name: Pokemount, can call me Brendan.
Partners: Tyranitar and Scizor.

Probably Clair. Dragon is one of my favorite types, and she could be a pretty tough leader if you didn't have an ice or dragon type.
Old November 21st, 2013 (05:20 PM). Edited November 21st, 2013 by Sector.
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Name: Sector Revenge
Two Johto Partner Pokemon:

If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?

Simple, Skarmory. I've always thought naming it after myself, Sector, would be an excellent fit, especially the shiny version. So basically, Skarmory would be an excellent pet for me. I have no idea why, just what I do xD

I always thought my name to be more fitted as teal to green-ish color more than anything, and Shiny Skarmory's green wings definitely makes it a perfect fit, in my opinion.

When did you start loving Johto?

I've always loved Johto. The main reason for the games, where you start off in Johto and continue off to another region(Kanto). This is one of the reasons why I think it tops all regions right now with the extension to another region. The newest 4 doesn't have that love like that Another thing was, when I first saw Lugia, I actually fell in love with it. And I actually thought Celebi was a lot cuter than Mew at the time. I would like to point out that Pokemon Stadium 2 was also one of my most played games in my childhood. It was really fun with just 250 Pokemon to play around with!

I'll answer the rest of the questions later. My times run out for now.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (03:10 PM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

Great to see some new members! Hope you'll both have fun and stay active! :)

Quote originally posted by Pokemount:
Probably Clair. Dragon is one of my favorite types, and she could be a pretty tough leader if you didn't have an ice or dragon type.
I can definitely agree with you on Clair being tough. One repeating scenario I can recall, was always panicking once I reached Clair's gym. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, throughout nearly all the time that I still owned my Silver version, I had no idea which types Dragon was weak to, so getting through that gym was hell (well depicted with all the lava ;)). That said, I really enjoyed the gym and its puzzles though. I felt like it really executed the "push boulders around to clear the path forward" type of puzzle really well, and was pretty much on par with the one on Seafoam Islands. However, since we'd just done something similar in the Ice Path or w/e it was called leading up to Blackthorne, I felt as though they were getting kinda unoriginal :p But in any case, Clair always served as quite a bit of a challenge, since I had literally nothing that was super effective against her Pokemon, so I guess that's one thing that leaves some memories, even if they were some filled with frustration :) I wouldn't really put her at the top though, since I honestly never really liked her all that much, but I can definitely agree with you on the challenge she provides :p

Quote originally posted by Sector Revenge:
When did you start loving Johto?

I've always loved Johto. The main reason for the games, where you start off in Johto and continue off to another region(Kanto). This is one of the reasons why I think it tops all regions right now with the extension to another region. The newest 4 doesn't have that love like that ;) Another thing was, when I first saw Lugia, I actually fell in love with it. And I actually thought Celebi was a lot cuter than Mew at the time. I would like to point out that Pokemon Stadium 2 was also one of my most played games in my childhood. It was really fun with just 250 Pokemon to play around with!
Lugia for the win brah! The fact that Kanto was included in the games as well was definitely one of the selling points for me, but I honestly prefer Johto quite a bit over Kanto region-wise. I don't quite know why, but the layout of the region always appealed much more to me. Perhaps because it was much less connected than Kanto was, and thus felt a bit bigger and more diverse, while still being easy to get through and around, and how it incorporated different biomes, which I only feel like was ever really topped by Sinnoh. And it never really felt like they went overboard with anything, like how half of Hoenn was ocean (even though it played well in with the story :p), and how there were so many bridges in Unova. I know they were there to make the games more visually appealing, but I feel like Pokemon games are better off making their visual wonders a bit more subtle, since the visual effects have just never really been one of the things I've really bought Pokemon for, and having to run across all of those bridges just felt kinda pointless :( But yeah, Johto just felt perfect, although I may just be a teeny bit biased in that respect :p

I actually answered the exact same question in a thread in the Metal/Colour forum not too long ago, so I reckon I might just be parroting a lot from that. But it's basically this; while I would love to just be biased and pick Falkner because BIIIIIRDDSSS, Falkner just never really appealed to me as a character. And well, I know there isn't much character to most people in the earlier games, so it's kinda hard to really pick a favourite if that's what you're going by, but even in the anime he didn't stand out much. The one who actually stood out to me the most when it comes to character in the anime, was Pryce. I don't know why, but for some reason I pictured him to be someone who cared a lot about his Pokemon (even though his original sprite just makes him seem like an grumpy old man), but when his character in the anime was first presented, he downright hated Pokemon iirc, and only wanted to use them for battle. Turns out the reason for that was because his first Pokemon, Piloswine, had disappeared while he was a kid, and he though it'd abandoned him, and thus gained that attitude towards Pokemon. But somehow Ash and friends found the Piloswine frozen in a cave somewhere, which completely changed Pryce's view on Pokemon, once he realised that his Piloswine hadn't abandoned him, and he started being more loving towards them, and basically the person I first imagined him to be. And I felt like that added so much more depth than any other non-main character gym leader we'd seen up to that point, and well. It just made me really like him :p However, for some reason old characters in anything like games or animes often turn out to be my favourites, so perhaps I'm just biased in some way?? But yeah, definitely Pryce :D
Old November 28th, 2013 (08:28 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

I've added you guys so thanks for joining! Actually did a while ago but forgot to post here saying so, hnggg.

And Sector, Skarmory actually would be pretty awesome to own. Its design in general is just way cool and I'd love to ride it around!

But oh geez.. Clair brings back some awful memories. I have yet to get past her in my new HeartGold file because she takes my Pokemon out so easily and I have little to counter her with. Kingdra especially is a formidable foe since it isn't weak against ice; your only choice would be to use dragon types against it as fairies don't exist yet and yeah, I don't have any of those yet. xD;; But other than Clair I didn't find the gym leaders to be too hard, especially in G/S/C since many of us were coming from R/B/Y which were some of the more difficult(ish) games in the series.

club 1 club 2 LV
Old December 2nd, 2013 (02:26 AM).
Sector

Nature: Naughty
I have to ask, did Whitney seemed much easier to beat in HeartGold/SoulSilver than the Gold/Silver/Crystal games?

My favorite Gym Leader? I'd have to go with two. Clair mainly because she's that awesome Dragon gym leader. That Kingdra of hers was amazing. Not to mention she's been trained by Lance, the Dragon champion. What more do you need?

Whitney was annoying to beat back when Generation 2 was in its prime. If anyone thinks cows aren't tough, they're wrong. Miltank can speak for all the cows in every world. I love a challenge, Whitney provides that.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (12:22 PM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sheep:
Kingdra especially is a formidable foe since it isn't weak against ice; your only choice would be to use dragon types against it as fairies don't exist yet and yeah, I don't have any of those yet. xD;;
I honestly completely forgot about Kingdra, and thinking back, I have no idea how I usually got around its Dragon/Water typing, since that would leave the possibility of spamming Surf out of the question (My only strategy :((). But I reckon it just involved the spamming of any other neutral move with a decent amount of power. The only Pokemon that really came to mind when thinking of Clair was Dragonair, and looking at her G/S/C team, I realise why xD I just remember that they usually spammed my Pokemon with Thunder Wave, which was probably what made the battle so horrid, since it gave Kingdra the chance to Hyper Beam, and make it past the recharge turn without getting hit.

Quote originally posted by Sector:
I have to ask, did Whitney seemed much easier to beat in HeartGold/SoulSilver than the Gold/Silver/Crystal games?
I haven't played Heartgold/Soulsilver yet, so I can't really speak from own experiences, but from what I've heard and seen, it seems as though the difficulty was turned down a notch when it comes to Whitney. I recall having so much trouble with beating her, due to the crazy amount of damage Miltank's stomp provided, as well the flinch rate. I mean seriously, she got waaay too lucky with that >:[ And then there's the stupid Milk Drink! But to be honest, I kinda miss challenges like that. Sure, it was kinda frustrating, but it definitely gives you something to look back on, and out of all the gym leaders of the second generation, she's the one that I best remember the battles with :p
Old December 3rd, 2013 (06:10 AM).
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
How am I not a part of this yet? I love Johto. I can't explain why, really. Why no legends as partners though ;; Raikou is love.

Name: Rika Adventure
Two Johto Partner Pokemon: (Sneasel and Octillery)
Which of the gym leaders introduced in Johto were your favorites and why? Falkner is hawt. Well, I mean he's pretty cool. I wish he'd been a later gym leader and have Pidgeot and Noctowl and Murkrow and stuff. He deserves that.
Also Morty, he's got this cool aura about him. Might just be the ghost pokémon floating around him though ;)

The Doctor & Amy Pond
Old December 5th, 2013 (03:43 PM).
Wiicked
Let's give this another try.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Wiicked
Name: Alex
Two Johto Partner Pokémon: Crobat and Tyranitar
If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?
Definitely Crobat. It's one of my favorite Pokémon of all time and always has been. I love it's speed and it looks awesome as well.

Moderator of Pokémon Clubs
Owner of the Fire, Poison, and Bug-type Clubs
Old December 6th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
Tetra
The Long Tail Pokémon
Community Supporter

Name: Zeratul
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): (Stantler and Blissey :>)

Answer a topic!:

CLAIR! I love that attitude of hers, but sometimes it can get suuper annoying, where she doesn't give you a Gym Badge. But seriously, her design is amazing! That blue and black really represents Dragonair and other Dragons, and it really matches her personality.. She's also Lance's cousin, who is the Champion of Johto, so why can't she be my favorite? If it wasn't Clair, then it would have to be Morty;; he is amazing! Not many people prefer him though, I have no idea why. That beastly Gengar he has can knock any Pokémon out, and on top of that his Gym is a puzzle, and that's what I like! :>

Hmm... they are alright. First of all, I don't really like Chikorita. It's okay, but meh; it's really weak. It looks beautiful though. I guess I shouldn't hate it! Cyndaquil's evolutions are seriously cool. I just love Qualiva! It's eyes are soo cute <3 Typhlosion is badass too, but not as badass as my bby Quilava. :>

But Totodile... THAT LITTLE CUTIE! I adore this thing. It's jaws are always open, which is like cool, it's eyes are simply adorable; how can you not like this thing? It's simply the best starter there is out there; or more should I say the best starter EVER! It's evolutions are not so great though. Yeah, they do keep the royal blue, but they didn't look too great, especially Croconaw. I thought we were gonna get something more cool! But still, the colour on this starter family is gorgeous! How can you not resist it!?
#190 Aipom
Supporter Collab V: Babies!
paired with Hoenn

Old December 6th, 2013 (08:08 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

Personality-wise, I've gotta say Morty. He's calm and level-headed—you'd rarely see him get upset over anything. It's quite easy to get along with him and become friends. Plus, he specializes in ghost, which is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon types. In terms of competitiveness, my favorite would probably have to be Clair. She provides you with quite a tough challenge whenever you go up against her in-game.

Sort of. I already faced her in Pokémon Silver, so I kinda knew what to expect when I challenged her again in SoulSilver. This time, though, I was well-prepared for her, so it wasn't as hard to beat her as before.

Also, could you update my name on the first post, Janna? :o
Old December 14th, 2013 (08:59 AM).
Ekdrah

Name : Ekdrah
Two Johto Partner Pokemon : Ariados, Crobat
Answer a topic! :

What was the first Johto game you played ?
Silver.

What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why ?
Crobat, because he look so cool and have one of my favorite pokemon type : Poison.

When did you first start loving Johto ?
When i see the new rival, I think "yeah it's cool".
When i see Gyarados shynie, I think "Oh amazing, what it this ?"
And the storie with Team rocket who try to come back is so cool.

If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why ?
Hard question, Ariados & Crobat excluding, I thing I chose Gligar because he is cute and he look like a funny jester.

Jasmine, she is Cute, friendly & in some time when it's come to fight she is strong.

I think they are cool, but not Chikorita, I don't like it.
and i think i chose Cyndaquil because he is the most cute of the three.
Totodile is cool to but for me Cyndaquil he's the better.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links