The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
Everyone has been added, hooray! Welcome, loves!

Aw, Ekdrah, you don't like Chikorita? Why not? I think she's super adorable but she's also pretty weak and most of the gym leaders in Johto are a bad match for her. >.< But I enjoy using her a lot despite that since she's my favorite design-wise, haha. But Cyndaquil and Totodile are totally rockin', too.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Ekdrah

yeah I don't really like the green color, and the "pearl" around her is so weird.
The Leaf in her head is so poor too, why not a lot of leaf ?
so that why i don't really like Chikorita.
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekdrah View Post
yeah I don't really like the green color, and the "pearl" around her is so weird.
I actually kinda like Chikorita design-wise :o To me, Cyndaquil was the one that came out the most bland, but I generally liked all of them. I think the green colour really suits it, and it generally fits in with the rest of the bright colour theme that the generation 2 starters kinda had. As for the single leaf; I can't really imagine Chikorita with more than one, and I kinda feel like it'd be a bit overkill if it had a bunch of leaves on top of its head, but eh, it may just be because I'm a bit biased to the current design :p But to each their own, I can understand why you wouldn't like it, but to me it just generally comes out as a bright and cute design :)
Old December 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
I really like the design of the starters in Johto. I loved them in the anime and I think Ash's Totodile should evolve some day too, just like Bayleef and Quilava have.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old December 18th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekdrah View Post
I agree with Olli but can still see what you mean! Sometimes I wonder what Pokemon would look like if they had different designs and Chikorita might still look pretty adorable if changed up a bit. Perhaps now is the time to consult my artistic side. n_n;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
I really like the design of the starters in Johto. I loved them in the anime and I think Ash's Totodile should evolve some day too, just like Bayleef and Quilava have.
I can't see Ash's Totodile as a Feraligatr due to its comedical personality but as a Croconaw.. definitely something I'd be interested in seeing. So I am in support of this! Perhaps he'd bring his Johto starters over at some point during his Kalos journey (though I'm not sure what the chances of that would really be, haha). Clearly it's never too late for an evolution. :D

Anywho, new topic! What did you feel about Eusine, the Suicune-chaser present in Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver? Was he fun, useless? Did you perhaps want him to have a bigger role?

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

What did you feel about Eusine, the Suicune-chaser present in Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver?
What was nice to see him, certainly, but he didn't do anything other than raise awareness of Suicune. xD" Would've definitely been sweet if he played a bigger role. One thing that he could have done is, in my opinion, help you take Team Rocket down once you get to Kanto after defeating the Pokémon League.
Old December 20th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
All I can think of is Eusine in the manga, where he was Crystal's friend and companion for a while. HE IS AWESOME THERE. c: I think he should have been given a bigger role in the battle against Team Rocket, yeah. He and Morty.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

What did you feel about Eusine, the Suicune-chaser present in Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver?

I honestly had no idea that Eusine even existed until a while after the release of Heartgold and Soulsilver, when I actually went to watch a playthrough of the games. I mean, he only appeared in Crystal out of the original 3, and that wasn't a game I nor any of my friends ever owned, so I never really had a chance of knowing him, so yeah, the fact that he actually was a returning character came as a bit of a surprise to me. But in any case, I actually kinda like him. I mean, we don't often hear of people apart from the evil teams devoting all their time to catching a single rare Pokemon, even though the concept is so simple. And I guess that's what I mostly like about him, the fact that he introduces such an obvious concept, but also that his personality really fits it, and I honestly think it's a shame that there isn't one scenario where he actually gets to catch it. Well, I don't know about the manga, as I only read a bit into the Crystal arc, but I also really liked him in there. How he in the beginning was super competitive with Crystal in the beginning (I think? I don't really remember), but eventually ended up working alongside her.

I just generally find him to be a slightly crazy, yet polite and nice character, and I would just love to see more "normal" characters with the same concept as him. Evil teams can't be the only ones that are hunting legendary Pokemon >:(
Old January 5th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

I guess it's about time I answer my own topic! Shame on me. :'(

Anyways, I actually really liked Eusine. His role in the anime only solidified my liking for him more in the games but I was really hoping he'd get a bigger role in HG/SS. The character had a lot of potential and deserved more than just meeting him twice and having a single battle; the battle itself wasn't ever anything interesting, either, as he appears and then disappears almost instantly. Poor guy could've been so much more.

Anyways, moving on! Let's talk about the Pokemon in Johto more. Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 5th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Name: Venitardus
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Feraligatr and Ariados
Answer a topic!: What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why? I'd have I say Crobat because it got me through a lot of tough situations through my journeys. Also I love it's typing and design.

What wa the first johto game you played? For me it was gold. Me and my brother were 'rivals' since he had silver at the time. We actually tried to see who can beat the other to the end. I don't remember who won though.

Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?

I never actually used any johto megas, but if I'd had to choose I'd say mega tyranitar because it has a cool design (so does everyone else actually... Except heracross. I don't know what happened there.)
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!

Last edited by Venitardus; January 5th, 2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 5th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Mega Scizor. They were planning to make it look like a ninja, and if you ask me, they were pretty successful at it. :] This Pokémon also makes a great battler. With one-fifty Attack stat and access to moves like U-Turn, Bullet Punch, and Superpower, it could take out almost any of your opponents in an instant. Along with Mega Scizor, I like Mega Tyranitar too. It looks very aggressive and intimidating in terms of design, which I'm a big fan of. Due to that, I like Mega Houndoom as well.
Old January 7th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Wiicked

Mega Tyranitar, just because it looks even more terrifying than it already did and it gets a boost to its already high Attack stat to make it an awesome battler.

Moderator of Pokémon Clubs
Owner of the Fire, Poison, and Bug-type Clubs
WickeDex! Pokédex Completion Journey
Old January 8th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Captain Oshawott
The Otter Pirate

Nature: Jolly
Name: Mister Oshawott

Partner Pokemon: Ampharos and Typhlosion.

Topic Answer *What was the first Johto game you played?*: I was one of those eager Gen One'rs to get their hands on Pokemon Gold version. Loved Totodile and Cyndaquil equally, so when my sister got Silver, I asked her to trade so that I could have both.

Thanks for reading the above post!
Big thanks to Maxresh for signature image
Old January 8th, 2014, 05:21 PM
purplekirby54
Dat Kooby

Nature: Gentle
I'd love to join. Mark me down for Meganium and Dunsparce.
Name: Kirby54
Topical Answer: "First Johto game you played?"
Oh, man, did I ever love Silver when my mom got it for me. I was really young, about 5 or 6. I'm glad to be here, and glad to help if any of you need advice in beating those pesky Stadium games, and their spunky announcer, Ted Lewis!
Old January 11th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Welcome to the club, guys! Everyone has been added. I'm happy to see so much interest in this place; remember to pop in and post when you remember to so we can keep it active. (=

Kirby, it's great to have another Dunsparce fan! I really wish he had more going for him and was more usable. I spent ages trying to find one in G/S/C only to realize that he was nearly impossible to use because he was so weak and didn't have the best movepool. Super adorable design, though!

Mega Heracross is the only mega of these guys I don't really like but my favorite is probably Scizor. Looks incredibly awesome and I didn't think that was possible for a Pokemon that already looked great. I mean, lookit those arms!

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 11th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I kinda find all of them to be a bit exaggerated in terms of design, but I'm agreeing with Janna here, that Heracross is probably the only I don't like. I feel like it strayed a bit too far away from what it actually is. I mean it looks like it's become some kind of cyborg beetle, and I think I would've been less hard on it if it meant they changed its typing to Steel. But they didn't (which is probably for the best anyways), and... I just don't really feel like the new design fits it.

As for ones I like; pretty much all of them. As Nymphadora mentioned, both Tyranitar and Houndoom's mega-evolutions fit them perfectly due to the designs elevating the intimidation factor, which is pretty much what both of those Pokemon are all about. I mean Tyranitar is some dinosaur Godzilla like creature and has always been meant to have that awesome and intimidating design, however they somehow managed to make Tyranitar look cute in some parts of the anime by giving it puppy eyes, but I think the mega design would kinda level that out anyways, so yeah :p And Houndoom is based on thos hell dogs, and I feel like the new design captures that image even more perfectly :p

And then there's Scizor. I wouldn't have imagined that they'd manage to make it even more awesome than the regular Scizor is, but seems as though they did :p Not much to really say there, it's just awesome.
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:25 AM
purplekirby54
Dat Kooby

In response to loving Dunsparce: dude, any little dude you get when someone calls you up is fun for me. I spent a good part of my crystal using pokemon that people had to call me for, or get only once. Ended up with a bunch of new favorites, like Qwilfish, Sudowoodo, Delibird, etc.

As for him not being "usable": try this:
Glare, Swagger, Psych Up, Headbutt
You can switch out swagger+psych up for say... dig and another attack + king's rock, or rest and a mint berry.

Don' even get me friggin' staaaaahted on Dunsparce.
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
GIANT JOHTO FAN COMING THROUGH.

Name: Axeliira
Two Johto Partner Pokemon: Meganium and Lanturn

It's a tie between Ampharos and Scizor. I used MegaScizor for the first time today in Showdown and it packs a major punch! I'm alright with Ampharos having a wig for its mega evo, haven't used it yet but I plan to in my upcoming X playthough! :3 There hasn't been other good megaevos for this generation of Pokemon, and kinda wish the starters had mega evos as well. lol
One seems to hear words of good cheer from everywhere filling the air.
Oh how they pound, raising the sound. O'er hill and dale, telling their tale.
Gaily they ring while people sing songs of good cheer, Christmas is here!
Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas! Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!
On on they send, on without end, their joyful tone to every home.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old January 20th, 2014, 07:53 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Topic answer :Me too i also like Tyranitar and Houndoom's as Olii and other guys said. I Like them too much. As they had really amazing Power and design also because of the full fill Attack in there Performance. I never get a chance to use Houndoom though But i like it for tis great desing.
Old January 20th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Going to start a new topic, guys. Be ready. :] Of all places in Johto, which is your least favorite? Is there any reason why you dislike it?
Old January 20th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Yaaay new member, welcome Megan! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekirby54 View Post
In response to loving Dunsparce: dude, any little dude you get when someone calls you up is fun for me. I spent a good part of my crystal using pokemon that people had to call me for, or get only once. Ended up with a bunch of new favorites, like Qwilfish, Sudowoodo, Delibird, etc.

As for him not being "usable": try this:
Glare, Swagger, Psych Up, Headbutt
You can switch out swagger+psych up for say... dig and another attack + king's rock, or rest and a mint berry.

Don' even get me friggin' staaaaahted on Dunsparce.
Oh boy I'm definitely going to have to try this. The first (and only) time I used Dunsparce was when I was about 9-10 years old so I'd never have assumed to mess around with movesets, items, and strategies in such a way, haha. Cheers for the suggestion!

Of all places in Johto, which is your least favorite? Is there any reason why you dislike it?

I never really felt Blackthorn was any good. It clearly has a lot of history with dragons but other than the Dragon's Den there just.. isn't anything unique about it. They could've done so much more with that area especially as it's the location of the last gym.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 20th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Of all places in Johto, which is your least favorite? Is there any reason why you dislike it?
As much as I love beaches, I never saw any point in cienwood. I mean you have to go out of the way and face a lot of tentacool.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 25th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
As much as I love beaches, I never saw any point in cienwood. I mean you have to go out of the way and face a lot of tentacool.
Yeah I can understand that too. ;( That and Cianwood has almost nothing of interest. Just.. a few houses and a gym, really. Makes me wonder why they didn't do more to it - towns around the ocean have a lot of potential and this one was definitely one of the most forgettable in Johto.

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:07 AM
purplekirby54
Dat Kooby

Least favorite place in Johto... You could go with the generic responses and say "pf the ice puzzles and strength puzzles in ice cave are too hard", but I love the Icy Cave, I always pick up a partner there, every run.

Gotta admit. Whirl islands, if you didn't have flash, was stupid as all getout. That's how I had to restart my original Silver.
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

I kinda agree on Cianwood, though my problem with it wasn't really Cianwood. Of course it was a bit small and pointless, but there were so few towns like that in Johto, it felt like a nice change to the formula. And it wasn't like nothing happened there. I mean, there was a gym, and the fact that it was so isolated fit well into the Ampharos side quest, since it made it feel like the medicine was something that was actually hard to get. And in Crystal you encounter Suicune there as well, and in the remakes it lead to the safari zone. So Cianwood wasn't really anything I ever disliked :p

However the gap between Cianwood and Olivine was probably the one thing I hated the most about Johto. It wasn't nearly as bad as the giant ocean Hoenn gave us, but just the fact that you were required to pass it and battle hundreds of Tentacool and Tentacruel each time you wanted to go to Cianwood was really annoying. Well, unless you got Fly. Which is also found on Cianwood, and prior to HG/SS, you weren't given it, making it easy to miss. So yeah, that's why I said kinda Cianwood, because it kinda fits together with it :p
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links