The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Maxew555
You can call me Max :D

Nature: Timid
Ok, so most Pokemon fans have played Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and have trained up their Pokemon teams and have beaten the league, maybe even some have even completed their Pokedex. But, most likely, we have all made stupid and embarrassing mistakes along the way, so check out and post on this thread to reassure yourself of the fact that your not the only idiot out there at times, we all are at some point.

Ok, I was going to save my most embarrassing moment for later, but since nobody is posting I'll just have to hopefully start this up...

Ok, so. My first Pokemon game I got was at the age of seven and I got Pokemin Pearl before I even got a DS. It was the first video game I acctually 'played' and I really got into it. But, my most embarrassing moment of all time in any Pokemon game was right at the start...

Drum Roll please....

I couldn't get out of my bedroom. Yeah, I didn't actually realise that the stairs were well, the stairs, this caused me to not know how to be able to get out. Eventually I found the way out and started the game, so, please comfort me in telling me and others your most embarrassing moment in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

Please Check out The What Squad on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWhatSquad

Last edited by Astinus; September 29th, 2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: No need to double post~
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:09 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
I thought snorlax was your rival. ^.^
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
I got one of the clowns' questions wrong in Jublife City nnnnnn
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Rainecho
-Music is My Life-

Nature: Calm
Actually my biggest embarrassing moment was in Pokemon Pearl. It was first time I was playing it and at the half of the game I decided to raise my Luxray better than any other Pokemon, making a Solo Challenge for me...unlucky me I didn't know Cynthia had a Garchomp...and I had to start the game again from the start. I had no luck continuing raising and that would took lots of time. >.<
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
When I was looking for a certain pokemon and it was not even found on that route.
Old October 9th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Faye Rose~
Resilient
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Faye Rose~
I remember when I first got Diamond I just skipped through the instructions and then I couldn't find out how to open the menu because they changed it from start to Y!

The Rainbow Connection

TheZenTraveler
Sopheria

4012-4551-1244
Old October 10th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Aeroblast
"oh hi Mark"
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2h View Post
I remember when I first got Diamond I just skipped through the instructions and then I couldn't find out how to open the menu because they changed it from start to Y!
Same here. When I first played Platinum it took ages to figure out the new functions of X and Y buttons.
Old October 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Thurea

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Thurea
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2h View Post
Oh God, this.

"Blah blah, yada, I know all this stuff....skiiiiip.

Wait. The buttons aren't working

;_;"
Old October 13th, 2013, 06:16 AM
BroChickaBowWow
mlg uber rng shop coming soon!

haha yeah that happened to me too. i was like wtf??? haha. eventually i was spamming buttons and it worked. lol
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Nymue
Draconic Neophyte

Nature: Calm
Probably the most novice mistake you can make with a secondhand Platinum version? I didn't read the warning about not being able to save over a file in-game, and had to start over after I beat the first gym.

To be fair though, there are a lot of excessively wordy explanations of simple things in the game that are worth skipping. D:
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Silhouette
For my kingdom
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroChickaBowWow View Post
eventually i was spamming buttons and it worked. lol
Haha, that's how I got it to work, too.

I'd say my most embarrassing moment was power leveling Budew to get it to evolve, not knowing it evolved via friendship. I mean, I guess it didn't hurt to level it up, but I could've just tossed a Soothe Bell on it lol.

Or looking all over the place for a Riolu, until I learn you can only get one from Riley.
Creative Minds
Theme by me
YouTube
Old October 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Moltrezard
is Super Awesome

Nature: Lax
Ha. Well,
1. I got it when I was 7 and it first came out, and I didn't know how to open the menu.
2. Didn't know how to save.
3. Named my boy RALPH in all CAPS.
Old October 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed
The fourth generation was basically me experimenting with the series. Being eight, one of the first things I did was take a look at HMs. They had some cool sounding names after all. Cut? Well surely being ten foot creatures, that'd hurt. Turns out I was completely wrong but by the time I realised my mistake, my Infernape had Cut and Rock Smash. I didn't want to wait till the sixth gym so I did my playthrough all over again.

I'm sure I stuffed up a lot in these three games, but the only other memory that jumps to mind was with a shiny Graveler. I could of easily gotten it into low health and captured it- but no, I use Surf. SURF. 4x effective moves anyone? Needless to say, I had to bury it later. Well at least it taught me something valuable. I might post more, if I can think of any. :p

fight the break of dawn

Old October 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
In my second run of Pokémon Platinum, I've managed to run into a shiny Roselia while exploring Trophy Garden. I've weakened it a little, and eventually, I was able to have it caught with a Great Ball. My party was full at that time, so it was transfered to one of my PC boxes. I really wanted to have this Pokémon on my team, so without saving, I immediately flew to a Pokémon Center. After accessing the storage system, I was trying to select the "move" option on Roselia. But instead, I ended up choosing "release." :( This made me feel very upset. I could've reseted the game, but since I didn't save after capturing Roselia, it wouldn't have been too much of a help. At that time, I was eating with one hand and playing with the other. If I was a little more careful, though, and played with both of my hands, then I most likely would've been able to avoid this mistake. Not only was the Roselia shiny, it had a great nature, too—Timid. Timid is a good fit for Roselia because its Speed stat is quite phenomenal, and the nature helps to make it even better.

Last edited by Endless; October 19th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM
AkameTheBulbasaur
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

My most embarrassing/worst moment was when I let my ex-friend play my Pearl Version and she traded away my Palkia for a Slowbro on the GTS. :O It did not go over well.
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

i thought prof. Rowans backsprite was a goat......

Old October 27th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

My most embarassing moment was that I was allowed to play on my friend's Pokémon silver copy back in the days (yes, he wasn't really easy with letting others play on his game) and I encountered a shiny pokemon (as far as I can recall it was a graveler) and I used his masterball to catch it...
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:02 PM
pokemonranger109
Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth

Location: Beside the Yolo guy in Kanto. (He said it before it was cool)
Nature: Quirky
When I forgot to sve before ALL THE BIRDS AND SNORLAX on Firered.
Old October 29th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Hackbird64

I had never seen a Bronzong before and, being it my first pokemon game, I used my master ball on it. I didn't realise that it was just an evolved Bronzor, and incredibly common.

Old October 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Zero Percent
Loading... Please wait

I couldn't find rock climb for the longest time in pokemon Diamond. I was very overleveled by the time I found it.
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Dualik
Eloquent Trainer

I tried to make my way through the cave that requires flash (name escapes me) in platinum... without flash, I got lost for a very long time.
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
Naming my character BigAss then my mom saw it lol!
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Captain Pringles
Banned

In Pokémon Platinum, I got lost in the Dimension World thing. After hours of searching, I ragequit the game and deleted my save file because at that time I had no clue about walkthroughs online.
Old October 30th, 2013, 08:58 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
I played Pokémon Diamond and Platinum. While first playing Diamond I didn't knew about the X and Y buttons and could not save the game lol

Then in Diamond only I used Rare Candy cheat and got 999 Rare Candies and used it as follows, I got Riolu Egg from Riley, I hatched it after I completed the league, levelled it upto 20 using Exp. Share and then got annoyed and used loads of Rare Candies and levelled it upto 50 and no use, then I came to know that it should be levelled up in morning and with high friendship. Then I left it like that :\ and trained my Riolu very nicely on White 2 after learning the lesson :p

On Platinum I did a stupid thing which deleted my saved game lol
I don't remember the key combination, but I read it somewhere and used it and my saved file was deleted but as I play on emulators I had a copy of it other folder and I was saved

Old October 31st, 2013, 02:21 AM
Agous
Solid Mercury?

Nature: Sassy
Lets See...
Breaking Down crying going through the distortion world and losing multiple times to the double battle trainer in front of Veilstone City.

I miss my friends everynight...
I wonder where they are now...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links