The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2013 (10:54 AM).
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
I can't wait to watch the youTube videos of X & Y, but because I unfortunately don't have a 3DS, I cannot experience the game myself. :sniff, sniff:

23 days until~
Old October 1st, 2013 (10:56 AM).
FireOfExile
2363-5961-4897 (3DS)

Nature: Jolly
I'm getting Pokemon X for sure! Maybe Y, depending on what the stocks are at. (I make my allowance off of the stock market. Facebook better be doing good)

Anyway, to get ready I've decided to finally complete the main storyline of Pokemon Black! I started a while ago to get Meloetta and haven't done anything since, but after starting up a few days ago I've gotten to the third gym and now have an extremely overpowered Palkia by my side. (I'd be at the 6th gym, but I accidentally turned off my DS today when I didn't see my blue light.)

Also, will there be any community events? I noticed you mentioned party members.
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:00 AM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I bought Kid Icarus just to pass the time for 12 days until POKEMON X-TREME

Also, I CAUGHT THEM ALL!!!!!! (except manaphy, pione, and Shaymin)
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:00 AM).
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

So far I'm looking forward to having Fennekin as my starter.. it has always gotten to me as a cute Pokémon since it came out and Braixen just reinforces that <3
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
So far I'm looking forward to having Fennekin as my starter.. it has always gotten to me as a cute Pokémon since it came out and Braixen just reinforces that <3
I'm the same except with Froakie. <3 Although Brigadier may not be "cute" it appeals to me in the same way as the Tochic line did- the first Pokemon looking cute and then turning into a badass looking thing. B) Admittedly, I do like Brigadier more than Combusken though. xD

Check out the new thread soon!

Old October 1st, 2013 (11:18 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I just can't wait to get into the game, just thinking of playing in those beautiful 3D graphics skating around the new region just gets me that little more excited for them!

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:21 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Gym Leader View Post
I have a question. What are you guys saying its 11 days til X and Y, but my friends and I are saying its 10 days away. Why are you counting the release day, when in all reality you shouldn't.

On a side not I can't contain my hype for the games any longer. I just want my Water types.
I don't really count the day I get the game on. Even though I won't be able to play the game until about midday, I'll be hyped up enough to the point where waiting a couple hours won't phase me in the slightest.
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:27 AM).
BeefTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaii View Post
I can't wait to watch the youTube videos of X & Y, but because I unfortunately don't have a 3DS, I cannot experience the game myself. :sniff, sniff:
You're not alone there mate. I know I will end up spoiling myself and seeing the full Pokedex, story, characters, etc. but I hope that when I do get to play the game it will still be fun.
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:42 AM).
FireOfExile
2363-5961-4897 (3DS)

I've changed my mind. Rather than completing Black, I think I'm going to practice random battles on Pokemon Showdown. Just so I'm used to new Pokemon that I've never fought with or against before.
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:46 AM).
Cobber

I pre-order Pokemon X when I bought my 3DS.
I just can't wait any longer D:
Old October 1st, 2013 (11:58 AM).
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

Surprisingly, I've been doing a great job with waiting. Been playing some 3DS games, alongside GTA V which did its part with killing time, and I randomly got back into playing Diablo III.

To answer these questions: I have already pre-ordered Y version. I am most excited for traveling around Kalos and catching everything that inhabits the region. My favorite new Pokemon is a tie between Talonflame and Tyrantrum. I'm really hoping that the game isn't too easy for me judging from some of the new mechanics being shown. I want these games to have a lot of replay value, and not turn out to be something where I beat it and never play it again. My starters are going to be Froakie and Bulbasaur(which I won't be using during the main game). My team thus far hasn't been entirely decided, but there are a few out there I want in my balls. As far as rumors go, the one about a ghost-type spider sounds neat. Overall, this generation has the potential of being my favorite, and this is coming from someone who has played these games since the prime days. My nostalgia goggles have officially been removed.

Also, this is probably my last post before the game's launch. I told myself I won't be looking at anything as far as spoilers go from this point on since I know news will start spewing out of nowhere in due time. I know I could just avoid this part of the forum, but it's a safer route just waiting the 11 days out.
Old October 1st, 2013 (12:01 PM).
Sérene
(Now Hibicakes)

Nature: Modest
I have Pokémon X pre-ordered and can't stop watching the same XY videos over and over in anticipation! My brother always gets the opposite version of each generation, so I'm looking forward to getting the exclusives and helping others receive them through trades. My biggest hype is going into the character customization!

I think this is the toughest generation for me to pick a starter. In the beginning I was in love with Chespin's happy face and stuck with him even after his evolution was announced, but after seeing artwork of Braixen lately I've been leaning to Fennekin, but then I saw Froakie bubbling his collar in the anime preview and just thought he was so adorable. Plus he's a classy frog. ❤ Overall, I have a feeling I will end up starting with Fennekin and Bulbasaur while getting the other starters late-game.

By the way, was anyone else a little bugged by the simplicity of what seems to be WiFi battles? I guess my expectations were a bit too high when I hoped we'd have scenery choices or stadiums similar to Pokémon Battle Revolution. I don't like the simulator look, but am sure I will get used to it.
Old October 1st, 2013 (12:23 PM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Lol I haven't watched any of the videos for x and y yet! That's a good idea!
Old October 1st, 2013 (01:17 PM).
dscottobrien1

I preordered both X and Y today from Gamestop, and got two posters of the Kalos region, as well as shiny Giratina. gonna pick up X on release day, and Y on Nov 1st, due to money issues. not sure who my starter will be, but i'll probably go with my usual fire type. can't wait

BTW, has anyone heard how many Pokémon the PC can hold?
Old October 1st, 2013 (01:50 PM).
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

whooo come on oct.12 just a bit more. just a BIT. God*** the less than 2 week wait is KLLIN ME. But man has time flew by me like I bullet. It feels like it was yesterday when they first revealed this game back in january. heheee. Fennekin,sylveon,and any others. dunnot worry. I WILL BE GETTIN YOU SOON. WHOOO. *goes super crazy*
Old October 1st, 2013 (01:53 PM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
http://instagram.com/kosthedin nice leaks bro
Old October 1st, 2013 (01:57 PM).
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Pre-Ordered Y today :D! 10 days and 3 minutes until October 12th...
I really hope the games take sooooooo long to complete. I don't want to finish the storyline in a couple of days. And the after game has to be long, just like FR/LG and the Johto games.

dscottobrien1; We have no confirmation how many boxes the standard PC has, but we do now we can store up to 3000 Pokemon in Pokemon Bank. I expect the storage system to have around 28 boxes.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old October 1st, 2013 (01:58 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post

.................... how.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old October 1st, 2013 (02:07 PM).
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

.................... how.
I heard some got early copy by mail while pre-ordering at gamestop on web.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old October 1st, 2013 (02:44 PM). Edited October 1st, 2013 by Gogoat Rocks!.
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Nature: Timid
In australia,
10 MORE DAYS LEFT!!! I can't wait! :D
I'm going to pass the time by playing the first pokemon game I have ever played. Pokemon Crystal.
(where is Dialga when you want him? he could move us all 10 days forward in time lol)
Alpha Sapphire(Game + Delta Episode Complete):
Old October 1st, 2013 (03:38 PM).
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! so so like if I preordered online I couldve possible got the game early. *sniff* I feel heartbroken....
Old October 1st, 2013 (03:42 PM).
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
It could also be for review purposes as well, but to be honest, I really dislike it when people do things such as this Instagram user as it's nothing really but intimidation to others who have to wait until the 12th.
Old October 1st, 2013 (03:44 PM).
Silais
Princess of the Law

Nature: Quiet
Excited to see what the game will be like. I'm not rich enough to buy a 3DS and a new game, but I'll watch some Youtube Let's Plays to see how the game works. If I like the game, maybe I'll ask for both the 3DS and the game for Christmas or my birthday next March.
Old October 1st, 2013 (04:00 PM).
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
I can't get the game because I have no 3DS but my friend said she'll let me borrow her 3DS and her new Pokemon game when she gets it, and let me have a Pokemon on her game and keep it there until I can get my own 3DS and trade it to my own Pokemon X or Y game.

Only a few more days. . . !!!

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old October 1st, 2013 (04:26 PM).
Warsmith
Drinker of Coffee

Nature: Bold
I'm trying to avoid any news, koff~

I can hardly wait for the games. I'll be picking up a new system too! I actually returned a book (that I finished) back to Barnes and Nobel so I could afford a case for the new 2DS. Folding systems have gotten old for me (I've had three or four) so this'll give me a well deserved break. The closer it gets, the more news spills out onto the internet! I must resist looking at that stuff, so I can experience it on my own! Anyone else feel this way about things? It's going to be glorious, koffi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1nyzorua View Post
I can't get the game because I have no 3DS but my friend said she'll let me borrow her 3DS and her new Pokemon game when she gets it, and let me have a Pokemon on her game and keep it there until I can get my own 3DS and trade it to my own Pokemon X or Y game.

Only a few more days. . . !!!
You're in luck too! With the new Pokemon Bank, your Pokemon will be safe from harm (if she subscribes to it)! I wish you best of luck in all your hunting endeavors, koff~

Sponsored Links