Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 6th, 2013 (07:59 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
My top five new pokemon:

5. Fennekin/Delphox

Lumping them together as they're related. Personally I feel Delphox is very elegant and mysterious. It's very appealing to me. It looks wise.

4. Dragalge

A newcomer in my estimations. Partially because of it's interesting typing and partially because it's so tall, I can just see it sinking ships. I was impressed by the designs of both Dragalge and Clawitzer but Dragalges typing edged me closer to it.

3. Hawlucha

A hawk luchador. I'm honestly surprised game freak created this guy. It seems like the kind of fakemon that would come from a really great and creative fan artist. Needless to say I love the concept behind this guy. Hawlucha and Klefki are easily the most interesting and surprising designs this gen.

2. Pumpkaboo

I may include Gourgeist in this but only if he has another fatter form. Pumpkaboo was the best surprise of the leaks in the last few days. The design just works so well. I might have one on my team if he appears early enough.

1. Malamar

This guy, I have so much praise for him. He looks so devious, like a batman villain or an evil magician. Plus his typing is really interesting. Definitely want him on my team.

Honourable mentions: Klefki, Clawitzer, Flabebe, Aegislash
Old October 6th, 2013 (07:59 AM). Edited October 6th, 2013 by Iceman3317.
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Here is a run down for everyone who doesn't know.

These might be a little bit off. This does not count retypes or Megas. It also counts most pokemon 2 times because of dual typing.

Spoiler:
Grass: 9
Water: 8
Fire: 7
Normal: 6
Bug: 3
Fairy: 12 (This is not counting retypes)
Flying: 8
Ground: 2
Fight: 4
Dark: 5
Psy: 5
Poison: 2
Rock: 7
Ice: 4
Dragon: 9
Steel: 4
Ghost: 7
Elec: 3
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:01 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
And in the Anime there are four main characters, Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie, which is very similar to the Hoenn journey anime with Ash, Brock, May & Max.
now the only question is do we think GF is dumb enough not to see all the similarities and seemingly all the hints or see them and not think people would think it points to a remake, either the text you quoted is false( no offense to you but until i see pics i'm suspicious of it) or it is all done on purpose and there is either going to be an rse remake or they think all of this is enough of a throwback to warrant not needing one
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:08 AM).
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by HaphazardAsylum:
now the only question is do we think GF is dumb enough not to see all the similarities and seemingly all the hints or see them and not think people would think it points to a remake, either the text you quoted is false( no offense to you but until i see pics i'm suspicious of it) or it is all done on purpose and there is either going to be an rse remake or they think all of this is enough of a throwback to warrant not needing one
Troll Freak! lol

Are there any updates about post-game events?
I lose Josh's imgur, forgot to bookmark it

CSS originally by laugh
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:10 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

Quote originally posted by Makoto Tachibana:
Troll Freak! lol

Are there any updates about post-game events?
I lose Josh's imgur, forgot to bookmark it
i forgot to bookmark it too i'm afraid lol i'm sure someone will post it though
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Jigglymilk:
They did the same thing in DPP about heart gold and soul silver right? I think it's pretty much safe to say RBE remakes will arrive sometime after Z version. Now that 3D models and character creation is involved, I wonder how this will change the games?
You know, I recall there were a few Johto shout-outs in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and then hey we ended up getting HeartGold & SoulSilver so no surprised if we do get Ruby & Sapphire remakes this generation. I know that both Sinnoh and Johto's 6th Gyms were Steel-type Gyms.

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
And in the Anime there are four main characters, Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie, which is very similar to the Hoenn journey anime with Ash, Brock, May & Max.
Yeah I'm surprised we're getting a Hoenn shout-out through the anime as well, because this the first time since Advance Generation that Ash is getting three companions instead of two.

Clemont is basically like Brock, the fact he's a Gym Leader and is the secondary male companion

Serena is like May, the fact they are both the female players in their respective games

And Bonnie is like Max, being a younger sibling to one of the other two companions. Bonnie is Clemont's younger sister like how Max is May's younger brother.
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

i also have to admit noibat is awesome and i'd be happy if it was this gen's zubat that mofo is too awesome
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:23 AM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Following other people's posts, my top 5 are the following.

5. Greninja
4. Gourgeist
3. Trevenant
2. Tyrnatrum
1. Tie between Dragalgae and Zygarde

Also, has it been confirmed that we will be able to catch the other 200+ pokemon in the game that are not catchable before the Elite 4? I also hope we get Mega Empoleon and Mega Krookodile hope more megas are reveled soon.
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:24 AM).
jellotime91

I am so freaking excited for gen 3 remakes now. I always try to play them but I just can't get into the GBA games anymore like I used to. Black/White really spoiled me for the older games because the battles were so much more fast-paced and exciting.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the R/S remakes come BEFORE Pokemon Z, like in 3rd gen (FR/LG came before Emerald). They could even just do one remake game (since a ton of the 3rd gens are available in X/Y anyway and release Emerald and Z around the same time.
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:32 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

Quote originally posted by jellotime91:
I am so freaking excited for gen 3 remakes now. I always try to play them but I just can't get into the GBA games anymore like I used to. Black/White really spoiled me for the older games because the battles were so much more fast-paced and exciting.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the R/S remakes come BEFORE Pokemon Z, like in 3rd gen (FR/LG came before Emerald). They could even just do one remake game (since a ton of the 3rd gens are available in X/Y anyway and release Emerald and Z around the same time.
yeah there seems to be Way too many throwbacks for it not to be.My only fear is they are throwing us these nudges and saying hey remember hoenn, hoenn was great wasn't it and then we are all gonna be like yeah it was why did you bring it up?! is there remakes?! and they are just gonna turn around and be like oh we arent doing anything for it we just thought it was awesome byyyeee! see ya next gen!
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:39 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Quote originally posted by BeefTaco:
Guys don't get too excited for this because is still a rumor but apparently the Pokedex goes beyond #718 which is the Z legendarie's number.
Who said that?

Those kind of rumours aren't good for the heart. I suppose it would answer the mysterious Nitx question though if true.

Haven't the leakers defeated the champion now? Wouldn't these new pokemon be jumping out at them and have leaked them to us by now.
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:40 AM).
TheClassyOrca
Expert Killer Whale

Nature: Relaxed
Zygarde looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! I really love Goodra, too. It's just so awesome. Goodra is definitely going on my team!!!!!!!!

~~
"Men do not naturally not love. They learn not to."
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:45 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

has anyone been on jirachi's twitter recently he posted something about a "friend safari" where the pokemon you can see somehow depends on your friends
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:45 AM).
BeefTaco

More info: There's this cave called "Sea Spirit Cave". It's only one empty room, silent with only the sound of rain drops.
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:53 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

More info: There's this cave called "Sea Spirit Cave". It's only one empty room, silent with only the sound of rain drops.
possible place for an event pokemon to be found?
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

Hoenn, the region where I started playing PKMN games :') I may just use only Hoenn PKMN in my team when I play Y.
Old October 6th, 2013 (08:59 AM).
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

Nature: Hasty
Reminds me a cave in Hoenn, the place where you find TM11 Sunny Day.

CSS originally by laugh
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:03 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

another hoenn similarity, go figure
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:04 AM).
BeefTaco

Yes that is what I'm thinking, its pretty cool to know that there might be more Legendaries.

Regarding the "Friend Safari" what I heard was that each of your friend has their own Safari which you can visit and according to what pokemon they have or use that is the pokemon you will encounter. The leaker said that he visited his girlfriend's Friend Safari and found Ledybaa and Jiglypuff.

Also if you guy haven't heard there's this place called the "Battle Maison" which functions like a Battle Frontier with stuff like Battle Factory, Battle Tower, etc. Finally there seems to be a Monorail in the game, for what use I don't know.
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
Ghost Lunis
BOO!

Nature: Naughty
I hope bergmite( if it's really real) comes fairly early. Maybe no later than around the 4-5th gym.
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

Yes! Let's keep making connections for Kalos and Hoenn!
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:07 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

Yes that is what I'm thinking, its pretty cool to know that there might be more Legendaries.

Regarding the "Friend Safari" what I heard was that each of your friend has their own Safari which you can visit and according to what pokemon they have or use that is the pokemon you will encounter. The leaker said that he visited his girlfriend's Friend Safari and found Ledybaa and Jiglypuff.

Also if you guy haven't heard there's this place called the "Battle Maison" which functions like a Battle Frontier with stuff like Battle Factory, Battle Tower, etc. Finally there seems to be a Monorail in the game, for what use I don't know.
i heard you gain access to a train from proff sycamore this is also in the same bit of info that mentions the friend safari so i dont know if that is what it sends you to or not
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:13 AM). Edited October 6th, 2013 by Iceman3317.
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Sea Spirit Cave.... It would make sense to have a Sea/Water Legend. Since we have a sky,underground, or foresty legend at the moment. So yeah I can see it being event pokemon area. We are at 718. I can see them having 2 events to bring it to an even number, maybe, but I don't know. I was a bit surprised when the Z legend was a underground and not water legend.

I will have no use for Friend Safari, since I don't have anyone that plays multiplayer in the pokemon games. I have friends that play the game, but we never trade or anything. The Monorail probably leads us to that area/areas. Might explain what happened to the south part of Kalos or France, that people say disappeared.
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:14 AM).
HaphazardAsylum

Quote originally posted by Iceman3317:
Sea Spirit Cave.... It would make since to have a Sea/Water Legend. Since we have a sky,underground, or foresty legend at the moment. So yeah I can see it being event pokemon area. We are at 718. I can see them having 2 events to bring it to an even number, maybe, but I don't know. I was a bit surprised when the Z legend was a underground and not water legend.
maybe it is frozen in what i expect is ice that the persons reflection is seen, i doubt it but it'd be cool!
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:15 AM).
BeefTaco

i heard you gain access to a train from proff sycamore this is also in the same bit of info that mentions the friend safari so i dont know if that is what it sends you to or not
It could very much be that. I'm excited to see what more post game features can be found.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links