The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2013 (09:19 PM). Edited November 17th, 2013 by Anna.
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Hello yes with the episodes set to air shortly, we're going to move to a less speculative thread into a review-style thread! For reference, the previous thread is here. Hope everyone will enjoy the show~
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old October 2nd, 2013 (03:53 AM).
sirboulevard
Master Trainer/Coordinator

Nature: Rash
Just finished watching it. I would make a more relevent comment but my floor is covered in Squee.

In seriousness though. GREAT WATCH. Battles were entertaining. Lots o' great twists, and Red definitely earned his badass cred tonight. I'm too tired to put in spoiler tags though so no further comments.

Paired with ValentineUmbreon; Fluffy Little Sister-in-law: Chamo-chan;
Smart Little Sister-in-law: SilverDragonLaura; Twisted Little Sister: Baa.Baa.Blacksheep
Old October 2nd, 2013 (04:01 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I was half-expecting the climax. Things were looking interesting what with the thing that Red got from a certain person—"what does this have to do with Red and Green"?

And then WHAM.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (04:11 AM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
TT_TT I want to see this. I read some stuff and it looks like they took the series sorta seriously! What with some battles and Lavender.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old October 2nd, 2013 (04:50 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I haven't seen it yet, but from everything I'm reading, I love the twist they pulled at the end. It's very cool how the writers worked to pull that off. Giving you an expectation that you could predict, but then pulling out something completely new that no one knew about just yet. It's probably one of the best commercialized ploys I've seen them do in anticipation for X and Y.

Ugh, if only the actual anime had the wits to pull off something like this.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (05:14 AM). Edited October 2nd, 2013 by DarkArcanine.
DarkArcanine

Is there a subbed version out yet? I haven't had any luck with googling. Sorry for asking this in this thread

Edit: Seems I should have read what other people wrote. I'll just wait patiently instead of reading the summaries

Currently looking for: Charizardite X, Treecko, Mudkip, and Shinx.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (05:43 AM).
Chaval
#ForzaJules

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaval
FINALLY!! SOME GOOD STUFF!! No more crappy pokemon anime, ash and all those losers anymore! wohoooo!!!
To forget your love
Credits to Flushed for the amazing sig!
Old October 2nd, 2013 (05:55 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaval View Post
FINALLY!! SOME GOOD STUFF!! No more crappy pokemon anime, ash and all those losers anymore! wohoooo!!!
Unfortunately, this is only a special. It's not a long running series like the current anime, which is still going on by the way.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (06:31 AM). Edited October 2nd, 2013 by Platinum Lucario.
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I totally missed it! AWWWWWWWW!!! :c

Too bad that Google won't even show me the first episode to watch, I guess nobody even wanted to upload it. Ah well, that's fine I guess, I'll just have to remember that it airs at 7:00 pm on Wednesday. I kind of thought it was Thursday like the Best Wishes anime, but I was wrong!

Edit: HOORAY! I finally found a website that has all four episodes, though I can't link to it due to the forum rules.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old October 2nd, 2013 (06:50 AM).
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

just watched it.
Spoiler:

The story mainly is about Red going on a quest to complete the pokedex and capture all known pokemon. and just like in the games you have the rival (Green) who appears to fight (and occasionally help) Red throughout the special. Special focus is on the first rival/gym battle, lavender town, team rocket/giovanni and on mystery of Mew and mewtwo

the battles look cool (but are scripted, especially the part where Giovanni's Rhyhorn swept past 4 and tie 1 of Red's pokemon just to set up a Rhydon-Charizard 1v1) and we get to see megacharizardX against mewtwo as well

The story is supposed to chronicle the original games, but because of time constraints there are way too many skipped parts which gives the impression that this special is just a commercial for megacharizardX

i say 7/10

Old October 2nd, 2013 (07:00 AM).
LusoTrainer

It was all well and good until the crap from X and Y appeared... Also, most of the adventure was summarized (they should have made a couple more episodes instead of just 4) and the absence of Bill was a surprise.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (08:49 AM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaval View Post
Too bad. These are the only four episodes. There probably will be no more. Unless they make more Origins for the other games.

As someone else said, I think it was mainly just to show off Mega Charizard X. Really disappointing.

I have to say that the current anime is better.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (09:37 AM).
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Yahoo to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Skype™ to Lucreciatwo
I saw the Mewtwo vs Charizard X clip and and I was disappointed.
The anime has gone really down hill and I've almost stopped watching it
all together. Mewtwo only grunts in that clip and it ticks me off!
I'll post the link to the clip if you all wanna see it.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (10:08 AM).
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
I cannot watch it on TV as I'm not in Japan XD but viewed the episode pictures on serebii. From the pictures I made out that the story is nothing but that of Pokémon Red, the only difference is that it has latest technology in it and also it includes Mega Evolution :D

Old October 2nd, 2013 (10:28 AM).
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

Send a message via AIM to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Yahoo to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Skype™ to Lucreciatwo
Here's one of my reactions after I saw the clip:
Old October 2nd, 2013 (10:55 AM).
LusoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucreciatwo View Post
Mewtwo only grunts in that clip and it ticks me off!
One thing they did right. I'm glad he doesn't speak.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (12:14 PM).
Ryoutarou
Community Supporter

Hah, they actually explained how Red got that name. Cute.

I loved this thing! It was animated so wonderfully and went at a decent enough pace for the amount of story that was covered in just four episodes. This is the sort of thing that could benefit from a good 26-50 episode run and not feel as laggy as the main show. Had a lot of fun with this one. I'm hoping we eventually see more, if not more of Red then at least specials covering the heroes from the other generations.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (04:02 PM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Saw it, for what it was worth it was really good. He actually caught them all, and this is the first time I've seen the Hall of Fame in an animated representation. Overall, it packed in a bit more than I expected, but because I was aware of Black Charizard already, I kinda dreaded the moment when it would be shoehorned in, however, Red visualizing Charizard as Charmander while fighting Mewtwo was cute. Seeing Swift was amazing, as well.

On the other hand, all the people on Tumblr going "it just wasn't right when [list]", I guess overreacted? Maybe it was time constraints, I didn't think it was tear jerkingly impactful. Charmander screaming from Squirtle's bite wasn't half as achingly bad as people made it sound. They also made it seem like Marowak's fate was a much more of a struggle, torturous and makes the viewer seething red over the Rockets, instead of the 20 or so seconds they spend on it. Sheesh, you'd think these guys were summing up a Don Bluth film the way they described it. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the story of the little Cubone.

I think all my favorite moments were the little things. The look on Lapras's face after taking down Dragonite slayed me, as did Blaine's fainted Arcanine. Chansey running away was a cute throwback as well. Nidoqueen killed, too bad she was on the wrong team as it were, but I hope it'll give 'er some new respect. In fact, there was quite a bit of Nido action, I wasn't sure I was watching a product made in Japan. :P Of course, the short also proved my point that I really don't think Nidos are ever thought of as poison type when you see them, because it barely ever comes up. Rattata probably got more action in 10 seconds then it ever has during the entire span of the anime. That's depressing.

I suppose the thing that people'll be talking most about is the battles. I won't belabor them here, but I'll just say that the anime does a good job of showing what I just don't feel in the games, and that's trainer-Pokémon bonding. Ash has it, and Red has it here, too. The two of them care for their Pokémon, and the Pokémon care for their trainers, too, and yet, I still can't help but see these battles as legal cockfights. Then again, it would appear the Pokémon apparently knew what they were getting themselves into to go through with it, but I wouldn't doubt it's not for everyone, people and Pokémon alike.

Now, I'm off to find/make a gif of the ultra showy Nidoran doing midair flips into the camera. Possibly the highlight of the whole darn thing for me. ¦3

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old October 2nd, 2013 (11:53 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

LOVED IT. Obviously, there is only 80 minutes or so to work with, but they make the most of their time.

The animation is great. This could be a new standard if they WANTED to, but they could have been doing this for years and never tried.

I love the Pokeball Laser animation. It felt more real compared to the regular anime.

A lot of People expected too much from this, but Pokemon Origins was exactly what it set out to be. A highlight reel of everything that makes Pokemon GREAT!
Old October 3rd, 2013 (12:41 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I haven't seen it yet... I'm probably gonna wait for subbed version but from what I saw on Serebii...
MEGA Charizard X? Seriously...? In anime about first generation?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 3rd, 2013 (05:17 AM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I honestly didn't mind M!Charizard. Like if you saw the first trailer, how did you not expect that? And this is a miniseries coming out ten days before XY, how would they not put something like that in? They did it well, anyway.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old October 3rd, 2013 (06:46 AM).
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

megacharizard is not the only one
Spoiler:
slowking is in one of the photos in the Elite4 hall of fame room

Old October 3rd, 2013 (07:34 AM).
LusoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
Like if you saw the first trailer, how did you not expect that?
How should anyone expect that after watching the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
And this is a miniseries coming out ten days before XY, how would they not put something like that in?
Because they advertised this for those who played Pokémon Red/Blue/Green.
Old October 3rd, 2013 (07:55 AM).
Spinosaurus

Just watched it. It was damn great.

This is how the anime should have been from the beginning. My favorite part was how Red actually shuffled his Pokemon team and constantly changing it with every new Pokemon he gets, like pretty much what everyone did when they played their first Pokemon games. That sense of wonder is what Pokemon is all about. Red is a much better character for Pokemon players to link with than Ash ever was.
Old October 3rd, 2013 (09:47 AM).
Rei Shingetsu
真月 零

I love it more than the sugarcoated anime on TV right now; But I feel it is a bit too rushed, I was expecting more.

BARIAN EMPEROR

. R E I . S H I N G E T S U .

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links