The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Famon

Advertise here
You know , Some people said ''Red'' is too flawless So that doesn't make him as ''Realistic'' as Ash .
But As I see , Red isn't Flawless and he's much more realistic then Ash .
Hack , I doubt if Ash has any personality now .
Considering Each Ash from each series happen to be different .
It now feel like that Ash doesn't has his own personality anymore.
Whatever Personality he had was disappear 15 year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyke View Post
Just finished watching all four episodes.

This was way too short to properly experience Red's adventure but they did flesh out the more important bits however so I'm pleased with that. Well except the Elite 4 and the Champion battle, man I was very disappointed with that. I was hoping to see a full episode dedicated to Red and Green battling or at least a full episode in the Pokemon League but meh, that's the limitations that four episodes would give you. I like how the Pokemon didn't repeat their names and instead had animal-like speech, that was a nice touch. Also that Bite from Squirtle was vicious.

It was also good to see the anime touching the subject of death, something that would never happen in the main series.
Because some people believe ''Death'' to be too mature for a Kids Anime like Pokemon.
However , ''Lucario & The Mystery of Mew'' had Death in it but that Movie was nominated for a Award !!!
Pokemon need to accept that its a ''Forth category'' Kids Anime So It need to add some mature stuff .
Like ''Pokemon The Origin'' , ''Digimon'' & ''Shugo Chara'' .
However , ''Shugo Chara'' is a better example for Pokemon .

Old October 6th, 2013, 04:29 AM
AzuGazer

i clearly didn't like it as much as you guys i mean, Red's personality was clearly Ash before maturing and then after.(SPOILERS)episode two was just riding on the fact that lavender town appeared. its animation was on a worse level than the rest and that last battle with team rocket O.o. and i would like to know what this twist is u guys are talking about, cause it can't be the mega Charizard(SPOILERS)

that being said, the Battle sequences were pretty awesome :O. Red had dat immature Ash flare in him, being all un-knowledgeable then learning from everyone to defeat his rival and make his pokemon super strong :D like they did Pokemon all the way through Sinnoh on him. Green though.... ain't no ModaF*cking Oak. And i liked then nicer Givoanni. he was still bad, but more likeable. but he looks weirder :I
Old October 6th, 2013, 10:39 AM
MasterArbitor
Fire Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MasterArbitor
I just watched it and...and i really didnt want it to end, i would really like them to continue this story and introduce the other characters like Gold, Silver, etc.

I'm sure theres many other people who agree when I say they should start a series of this, even if it means keeping the other series for people who still are fans of the Ash story arch

From My Pokemon Black Edit :D
Old October 6th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Watched it 2 days ago, and was like....

I KNEW IT!!! THIS WAS GOING TO BE AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE UPCOMING MEGA EVOLUTION!!

That aside, it was pretty great I guess, but its more of an Ash 2.0 where the main character matures (for Ash's case.....), well... at least Red became the champion, just like in the games. Giovanni's character here was kinda likable which shows a bright side in da team rocket boss, it was good, but at least they explained why he was on the bad side, because of money, greed and all that good stuff in the adult world.

The battles are a little bit too short in my opinion, but they had to squeezed everything into 4 episodes.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old October 6th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't watched the anime in a long time because quite frankly it was too childish and boring for me. This however, this was awesome. If they did an entire anime like this I would gladly watch every episode. Even though they were short, the battles were fantastic and more realistic than the original anime (Squirtle's bite, man that was harsh).

I also really liked the animation style a lot. Idk what it is, but it seems different (and better) than the original anime's.

I wish it would have been longer, but it gets a solid 10/10 from me

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:23 AM
BoredForLife

I just watched it and I have to say...
It was awesum. The animation was great , the way they progressed the story.. Great!
Also , I really liked that they explained many aspects of the games most people haven't even thought about , like why the gym leaders use only two or three pokemon.

One complain I have is the way they portrayed Red. Ok , the way they made him was the normal way to make a ten year olf , but I would much rather see a cool , not so talkative version.

Old October 7th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Famon

I wonder if Pokemon The Origin was a success !!!
Because Its Success might inspire the producer to create another Special based on ''Pokemon B2W2 Animated Promo''

Old October 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I adored this show; it was everything the original anime should've been. The fights, story, characters and animation were all flawless and some parts were so emotional that I was even left crying in episode two and shouting "YAY" during episode four. The only problem I had with the anime is how incredibly brief it was - skipping out on all of the gyms bar Brock/Giovanni was a huge shame since they could've been really cool episodes. I hope it did well enough for them to consider turning it into a full series that covers the whole of Kanto (so just fill in the gaps basically!); does anyone know if this is at all likely?
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredForLife View Post
One complain I have is the way they portrayed Red. Ok , the way they made him was the normal way to make a ten year olf , but I would much rather see a cool , not so talkative version.
He IS a ten years old. Why should he be made as a badass silent protagonist? It's too cliche.
He's fine. He's clearly an enthusiastic kid but there's nothing annoying about him which I appreciate. He also starts maturing as the story progress. He's supposed to be portrayed similarly to everyone who played Red/Blue as a kid, and they did well regarding that.
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:01 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Yeah, Red starts his game making the same mistakes we did, then grows up to catch them all!

Saw a subtitled version today!
Old October 11th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Emfg

Just watched the last 3 episodes (subbed). Really liked the fights and the story telling. A LOT more than the current anime at least. The current anime feels too childish compared to origins, where everything feels a bit more rougher.

I hope they'll make more of these spin-offs of the other games as well perhaps. Like we'd have a hoenn spin-off or a heartgold/soulsilver spin-off.
Old October 13th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
I wonder if Pokemon The Origin was a success !!!'
4.7[1] Rating. Even less than BWDe Extra Episode.

[1] http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-30-october-6

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I will say that I watched all four episodes and noticed how fast-paced they were, but I wish they could have at least chosen better scenes to go into detail with. But I gotta give the creators some extra credit for creating an anime directly based off the original games' storyline without any altercations of how battles work (e.g. no dodging by call).. though I will say that I kinda disliked how the series derailed a bit from the original games when Red received the mega stone for Charizard.
Fairy
Old October 19th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Nature: Timid
Hey. I'd like to share something with you all.
In the game there is a kid in lavender town that says that there is a white hand on your shoulder right?
well in the origins, if you look closely the white hand it's actually there.
Spoiler:
Click image for better view.
Creepy.PNG

Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.

Last edited by Gogoat Rocks!; October 19th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old October 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogoat Rocks! View Post
Hey. I'd like to share something with you all.
In the game there is a kid in lavender town that says that there is a white hand on your shoulder right?
well in the origins, if you look closely the white hand it's actually there.
Spoiler:
Click image for better view.
Attachment 69952
Cool easter egg. They finally confirmed it =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 20th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Gogoat Rocks!
The Mount Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Cool easter egg. They finally confirmed it =D
Yep.
It's awesome that they finally confirmed it.

Pokemon Y: 1048-9262-1484
Friend Safari: Ground. Trapinch, Camerupt Gastrodon.

Last edited by Gogoat Rocks!; October 21st, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Esper

Late to the party, but I got around to seeing them and, well, they were okay. I was glad of the fast pace because with Pokemon anime the one thing I didn't want to see was something slow paced. I also thought it was an odd choice which scenes they decided to dwell on, mostly the Lavender Town episode, but I understand they were pulling from the games as much as possible and wanted to have a bunch of scenes with Green in them.

As much as the animation was pretty fluid it did seem a little sparse and dated. I don't want to use the word "cheap" because they clearly did put time and effort into this, but I wonder if they couldn't have done a little more with those extra details.

Still, overall it was a fun change of pace and nice to actually watch Pokemon anime again after so long.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
lukeburgz

I just finished watching it! It put me into a deep trance of nostalgia especially when it talked about how Red was so naive and young but eventually grew mature because of his bond with his Pokemon... Exactly like our bond with our Pokemon when we played Red & Blue when we were young children. It's a great show, I can't wait to watch the English dubbing so I don't have to read the whole thing.
Old November 1st, 2013, 08:18 PM
Powerstars

One nitpick was the inclusion of mega evolution. How'd Mr. Fuji know about it? It makes no sense.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. Giovanni turning good really worked, and made him a more sympathetic character.

Pokémon Pearl (Ultimate Leader Challenge - Jasmine)
2/8 Badges
Old November 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

For viewers, the English dub of the first episode of Pokemon Origins, "File 1 - Red" has been officially released! It's viewable here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episode...53189893f03b6f

(hopefully, the PS4 release doesn't drown out the English release of Origins...)

Finally! It was difficult enough waiting for Origins to premiere in Japan to begin with (time seemingly flew by quickly, though), but wading through and trying to avoid its many spoilers for a month or so was even worse! T_T I happened to refresh TPCi's Twitter page just 3 minutes after they posted the upload (which originally seemed to be a broken link), although the Pokemon TV webpage showed nothing Origins-related, just the usual videos of the regular Pokemon anime. On my second refresh, I got a "500 error", which boggled me even further. And at last, on the third refresh, Origins FINALLY appeared!

I'll be posting my comments on the episode later, but overall it was simply amazing, managing to live up to the hype, IMO. The main detractor from the episode for me was Professor Oak's voice...it's not a bad voice, but it's just not Stan Hart's classic "Oak" voice.

I really wish there was an English credits listing... I also really wish that Origins had aired on Cartoon Network, like a lot of the Pokemon anime specials and Pokemon Chronicles did...
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
ilias_
Float like a Butterfree, sting like a Beedrill!

I just watched it and omg. I love it. It is so different than the anime!!! I found it very interesting! I loved that they could see the HP during the battle!

I wish it was a season and not just 4 episodes ugh. Can't wait for the next episodes!!

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old November 15th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Just finished watching the English version. I got to say I like the voice actors. Brock being Ichigo's English and Red being Kirito's English voice actor.

Prof. Oak and Blue/Green also had voice actors from Sword Art Online/Naruto. Also, the Lass at Brock's Gym kinda sounded like Asuna's English voice actor, but not sure. I wonder if Misty will be Asuna's. I can't wait to hear Giovanni Voice Actor.

I still think they should have made them an hour long and showed one each week. Would have been a lot better and wouldn't have add to skip anything.
Old November 15th, 2013, 01:23 PM
LusoTrainer

I can't believe they've censored the growls on the english dub. I mean, why?
Old November 15th, 2013, 02:04 PM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusoTrainer View Post
I can't believe they've censored the growls on the english dub. I mean, why?
Probably cause they thought it was too intense for younger viewers. That's American censorship for you. Personally though if I was a kid watching the scream wouldn't be scary or too intense at all. I haven't watched the dub or sub yet but once I do I'll come back for more thoughts on it.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old November 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Nature: Relaxed
Red Review
Dub
What I liked most about this episode was how Red represented we, the players, when we first played a Pokémon game. Not knowing about type effectiveness, attempting to catch a Trainer's Pokémon, realizing that Pokémon are not just tools for battling, I was reminded of my first time playing the games many years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing Red's development throughout the next few episodes. I did not like Blue, however. He was really rude, more so than he was in the games. I don't know if it's because of his confidence or cockiness. I can see him becoming somewhat nicer later on, though. One thing I liked about Blue, however, was how he emanated his inner rivalry with Red. He constantly mocked Red and foiled his every attack. Brock was as insightful as always. He played the role of a Gym Leader incredibly so. I thought that he should've defeated Red. Red still knew very little about battling but managed to defeat Brock... At least his win was more deserved than Ash's water sprinkler hax win.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here