Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Pokémon Origins

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old November 15th, 2013 (03:21 PM).
☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Watching some of it,
I liked how in the Japanese version, Prof. Oak was more intense, and he was more believable.
Just my opinion c:
Old November 15th, 2013 (03:29 PM).

Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
Probably cause they thought it was too intense for younger viewers. That's American censorship for you. Personally though if I was a kid watching the scream wouldn't be scary or too intense at all. I haven't watched the dub or sub yet but once I do I'll come back for more thoughts on it.
The original japanese version was intense, but that was the whole point. But yeah, american censorship... I don't even want to guess what they'll censor on the next episode.
Old November 15th, 2013 (03:29 PM). Edited November 15th, 2013 by Gogoat Rocks!.
The Hype is Real

Nature: Timid
Watched the first episode.
I don't know why but I just like the Japanese version better.
They had to change Green's name to Blue didn't they.
I like Green Better than Blue just in Colour wise.
Old November 15th, 2013 (03:37 PM).
☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Gogoat Rocks!:
Watched the first episode.
I don't know why but I just like the Japanese version better.
They had to change Green's name to Blue didn't they.
I like Green Better than Blue.
I have to totally agree.
The first time I saw Pokemon Green, I always preferred it.
But no... They had to use blue... :/
Old November 15th, 2013 (06:27 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
Probably cause they thought it was too intense for younger viewers. That's American censorship for you. Personally though if I was a kid watching the scream wouldn't be scary or too intense at all. I haven't watched the dub or sub yet but once I do I'll come back for more thoughts on it.
I admit, I was also somewhat surprised they didn't have a blood-curdling scream like in the japanese version. Then again, I remember seeing that clip on youtube and finding a bit unsettling to say the least so I guess it's not that surprising at all.

As for the episode itself I really enjoyed it, I mean I was literally grinning ear to ear like the whole time like the gitty fanboy I apparently am (#depressing), and I was a bit surprised by the voice actors they went with, though it kind of makes me wonder why they were keeping the voice cast a secret this whole time, even after the episode aired.

Regardless, I think I'm gonna go watch it again
Old November 15th, 2013 (09:52 PM). Edited November 18th, 2013 by IcyIce.
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by jsziede:
Red Review
Dub
What I liked most about this episode was how Red represented we, the players, when we first played a Pokémon game. Not knowing about type effectiveness, attempting to catch a Trainer's Pokémon, realizing that Pokémon are not just tools for battling, I was reminded of my first time playing the games many years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing Red's development throughout the next few episodes. I did not like Blue, however. He was really rude, more so than he was in the games. I don't know if it's because of his confidence or cockiness. I can see him becoming somewhat nicer later on, though. One thing I liked about Blue, however, was how he emanated his inner rivalry with Red. He constantly mocked Red and foiled his every attack. Brock was as insightful as always. He played the role of a Gym Leader incredibly so. I thought that he should've defeated Red. Red still knew very little about battling but managed to defeat Brock... At least his win was more deserved than Ash's water sprinkler hax win.
I have to agree. They also pulled the, "Don't train just one pokemon." that most of us did in Red and Blue.

Episode two is out and they used yet another SAO voice actor. This time the girl who helped Mr. Fuji was Silica from SAO English Cast.

And Mr. Fuji was Klein from SAO. Wow that;s a heck of a difference Lol.

I hate that we have not heard Asuna's voice yet, unless like I said the Lass at Brock's gym was Asuna. I expect to hear Asuna's voice sooner or later.
Old November 21st, 2013 (01:26 AM).
ffet

Cubone Review
Dub
This episode was really good but also sad. Getting a more detailed look of the Pokémon Tower incident was really interesting. It was portrayed a little darker than in the games, showing the flashback and actually seeing how Team Rocket were treating wild Pokémon. I like how much Red has grown as a Trainer since the previous episode; it was as if Gary was the fool this time. The white hand reference was amusing, especially when the hand was shown on Red's shoulder. Watching the scene when Cubone's mother calmed down and departed was so sad ;__;
Old November 21st, 2013 (03:43 AM).
failed avenger

Nature: Lonely
I loved Origins so much. I just hope they flesh everything out a bit more if they ever make episodes to cover the Johto games. More episodes, longer battles ect.
Old November 21st, 2013 (04:30 AM).
The Hype is Real

Honestly I think this is my favorite episode out of the origins.
Th e best bi about it was when Blue saw the Ghost and Ran Screaming his head off. LOL. :D
I could not stop laughing.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (09:31 AM).

I watched the last episode today. It was good! I loved how close it was to the game and all, (I didn't catch MewTwo that easily back then haha). I kinda needed more episodes. They even rushed the Pokemon League. Hope they make episodes for other games too (I doubt it tho)

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (10:42 AM).

I already knew about Mega Charizard X before I actually watched this episode, but man when he showed up I was all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ2ObGZ6IU0

On a minor note, I don't know if this was mentioned already on this thread but in the Hall of Fame room, did anyone notice that one of the portraits in the background had a Slowking in it? Not that I'm nitpicking or anything it's just something I noticed.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (11:11 AM). Edited November 29th, 2013 by Wobbu.
ffet

Giovanni Review
Dub
Giovanni has always been a mysterious man to me until after I watched this. Finding out that he used to be a Trainer with a passion similar to Red's was interesting. Giovanni's battling prowess is showcased during this episode alongside the growth of Red's ambitions and emotions. I enjoyed watching their battle in the Gym because of how Red was driven to win with inspiration from the way Giovanni and Team Rocket treated Pokémon. When watching the end of this episode, after hearing Giovanni's chat with Red about disbanding Team Rocket, you'd think that Giovanni would'nt have turned evil again. Or was that the writer's way of proving how manipulative and clever Giovanni can be?

Quote originally posted by Elitist Four:
I loved Origins so much. I just hope they flesh everything out a bit more if they ever make episodes to cover the Johto games. More episodes, longer battles ect.
There really should have been more episodes. Most of the games' story was skipped/briefly shown during the beginning of the episodes. I definitely agree with the battles being longer. Most of them are about five minutes long and I haven't noticed Red pull off the out-of-nowhere strategies that Ash does.

Charizard Review
Dub
I feel like this episode was more about Mewtwo than Charizard, even though Charizard was showcased during the battles against Blue and Mewtwo. The Elite 4 battles were skipped, which was a little disappointing, but I liked that the spared time was used for the parts between the Blue battle and the Mewtwo battle. Quick question: did this episode confirm that Dr. Fuji and Mr. Fuji are the same person? I've always been curious about that. The Mega Evolution scene was really cool because of how Charizard X was able defeat Mewtwo with the added power. I also thought it was sawkward because Megalutions didn't exist in the games...
Old January 30th, 2014 (12:24 PM).
HOENN CONFIRMED!

For people who may have missed out when it was on Pokémon TV, the official English release of Pokémon Origins (all 4 episodes) is now available to watch (for free) on Hulu!

Pokémon Origins on Hulu

Here's hoping that the Hulu upload stays up for much longer than the Pokémon TV one did. XD In any case, many thanks to the people who made it happen! Hopefully, there's an eventual English DVD and/or Blu-Ray release for those who would like to watch the mini-series in that format...

Now to get around to my episodic reviews... XD

Currently in intermittent forum activity for 2015. ;_; Credit to Game Freak for avatar and signature. Tune into TOONAMI!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)