The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
This is for people who replay their current collection of games.

Often times, personally, I'll be replaying a game of mine and reach point that 1. Either is really hard. or 2. Bores the snot out of me.

From both of these examples, if I'm not in the mood, I stop playing and do something else. Granted I do come back to it when I'm feeling less bored or anxious.

So what about you guys, is there a point in any games you've played more than once that makes you groan and press the power button?
Old October 5th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Every time I've played through Star Ocean 3 - and we're talking dozens of times here - I've always saved right before fighting Robin Wind, turned my PS2 off, and walked away for a few weeks. I hate Robin Wind. I hate that battle. It's difficult enough regularly since he's fast enough to run out of the way of pretty much any skill or attack, but he's even worse during certain solo runs. I didn't play for a month straight during my Cliff solo run because I didn't want to deal with that crap.
Old October 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Nauje
Hmm.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
The stealth mission part of Uncharted 2. I mean, it was really fun the first few times, but it got really tedious after a while when trying to complete the game at Crushing.
Old October 5th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Wobbu
La Balena Galleggiante

Nature: Relaxed
ESV: Skyrim, when you do that quest that involves going to Blackreach and getting the Elder Scroll. It takes me forever to do the quest and it's so boring. Not only that, but Blackreach is huge and it would be even worse if I still didn't know where I was going. There's also a Dwarven Sphere that almost always kills me because I'm always underleveled when doing that quest. I'm just thankful that Blackreach is actually a really pretty place. I mean, where else will you find giant glowing mushrooms, waterfalls, a secret dragon, and an abandoned city all underground?
Old October 5th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Originally this was going to be just a few things I hate about the Battle for Bikini Bottom game, but then it got... well, lengthy. So there.

Spoiler:
Numerous of these moments exist whenever I play Battle For Bikini Bottom. The first one is that damn Lighthouse in Downtown Bikini Bottom. I despise that challenge because of the last floor, where there are so many long-distance attacking robots and you have to jump up the platforms to destroy the Duplicatotrons. Ugh.

The second and third ones are both from Kelp Forest (that entire level was horrible in general). The second is the Kelp Caves. Those puzzles are so tedious and I hate how much I have to walk back and forth just to change characters. It doesn't help that if you die, it resets everything and you have to move all the Stone Tiki again.

And the third one are the damn Kelp Slides. I'm convinced that whoever made that level is the spawn of Satan. I have never in my life gone through such a wretched, difficult part of any game ever. It sucks even worse because you can't die after you hit a checkpoint or you have to go back and accept the time challenge again. Speaking of that time challenge, **** that thing. Beating that entire part in such a small amount of time is stupid. I would much rather the creators have done what they did in Sandy's Dream and have a small area (like the one at the bottom of the oil tower) housing a spatula.

Speaking of Sandy's Dream, I hate the part where you have to swing out to that lone plateau and defeat all the enemies for a spatula. As if it wasn't hard enough trying to defeat robots while sliding on a giant oil spill, the developers felt the need to add in the damn spinning hand robots that can't be defeat by a regular attack. Do I look like I have time to focus a lasso swing when I have fifty robots flanking me on every side?

Going back to Spongebob's dream, I despise the spinning spike cubes at the beginning and the rolling-ball thing to obtain a spatula. No one should have to go up those twice. In fact, I hate all of the spinning cubes/boards. I bullcrap my way through literally all of them. I've had this game for 9 years and I still haven't figured out how to get past those without getting hurt.

I also hate the whole Krusty Krab thing where you have to kill all the robots inside. Whomever's idea it was to put the Sleepytime robots at the top of the kitchen, screw you. That is the dumbest thing ever. And the missile-launching ones are also terrible.

And I hate the rolling ball thing in the Mermalair. That is a ridiculous challenge. The timing needed for that crap is insane, and completing that stupid thing while trying to destroy robots is so stupid. I hate it so much.

AND the platform jumping to get the sock in the Mermalair.

AND the platform jumping to get the sock in the third track on Sandy Mountain.

AND saving the floating children in Goo Lagoon.

AND the slide challenge that gets you the sock in Jellyfish Fields.

Why do I even play this game?

Moving on, outside of every Subspace map in SSBB, I absolutely hate the Wilds/Ruins storylines. The enemies are too difficult, the boss is entirely too OP, and I detest Marth's character with every living and non-living fiber of my being. I also hate the part where I have to play as Olimar and Captain Falcon. Olimar's character sucks so much, and Captain Falcon's melee attacks are way too slow for this series.

So yeah... I don't like a lot of things about replaying my games.

Old October 5th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I've had that happen to me before. I've had that happened to me in plenty of video games, actually. One of these games would have to be Super Mario 64 DS. I've played this game countless amount of times, and every time when I was required to collect stars from a location known as Hazy Maze Cave, it instantly made me feel like stop playing it. I don't know why it made me feel this way, though. Maybe it was because of its music—I wasn't a big fan of it. The music of Hazy Maze was a little bland, which used to make me lose my motivation to explore the place. d: The atmosphere of Hazy Maze Cave wasn't that great compared to other places in this game, either, which was another reason why I didn't want to collect any stars from here and keep myself away from it as much as I possibly could.

Another game would have to be Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I love this game. So far, I've played it for a total of three times already. Every time when it came to battling Ghirahim though, one of the main bosses in Skyward Sword, I would lose my interest in playing the game in an instant. He was quite difficult to beat. Whenever I tried to land hits on him, he would either dodge them or counter them with attacks of his own, which used to fill me up with anger. xD"
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Any time I got to the Water temple in Legend of Zelda OoT 3DS I would want to switch off my 3DS and never pick it up again.
Old October 14th, 2013, 11:43 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
One part I don't like is one of the rooms in Stone Tower Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask where you have to shine the light into the mirrors that I usually have a lot of trouble, but I recently figured out that I could easily bypass that with the Stone Mask.
Old October 14th, 2013, 11:50 PM
WhiteKnightL

Nature: Calm
First there's Star Ocean 3. As much as I hated fighting Robin Wind, I hated going through the Shrine of Kaddan in our second visit to Elicoor II even more. Boss battles outta nowhere, and some where difficult.

Then there's the Cloister of Trials in Final Fantasy X. Oh, geez...

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive." -The Ninth Doctor

I'm a Catholic Whovian who loves to watch anime and read manga, discovering my faith while still trying to to enjoy the things I love. Feel free to PM me for questions or just to chat!

Black 2 file
Palom
FC: 3483 3007 8236
Feel free to add me to trade and/or battle! Could really use some friends in BW2!

Poetry thread (please check it out!): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310154

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307887
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Penta Penguin
Sorting out my mental problems.

I remember playing Syphon Filter, and coming up to the Catacombs level, where you have to use stealth and stuff, but it was the most annoying level in the game. Whenever I got up to this I skipped it using the level select code.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Jolly
Blackwater City in the first Ratchet and Clank game. Rushing through the sewers while the water keeps raising is one of the most difficult stages I've ever seen.

Also the relay races from the Medabots GBA RPG's. Man, I hate button mashing...
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Dragon
infinite

Nature: Modest
I really dislike sneaking through enemies in Zelda games, like sneaking through the Foresaken Fortress in Wind Waker... ugh, it's boring, and so unnecessary if you ask me. u_u So occasionally I'm just like, you know what? I'll save this part for tomorrow, or something. I also hate going through the Laser Tower when playing Auto Destruct in which does a loooot of damage to your vehicle. Again, it's likely that I'll put it off to later.
Old November 8th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Bruce Banner
Unleash the Beast
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Yeah, I used to play just for achievements, but I mainly play for multiplayer and to play through the story now. Despite that, I would try to play through the games like Call of Duty on the hardest difficulty. Eventually I would get too frustrated and would stop playing. It just wasn't worth it enough in my opinion.
Old November 10th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Gigginold

Nature: Jolly
I actually have a lot of these, but a few that come to mind are:

Pokemon - Kanto Regions: Both the trek between Vermillion City and Lavander Town, and Route 12-Route 15. Both of those seem to take forever, with an endless supply of trainers that seems to drag on far too long.

Banjo-Kazooie: Rusty Bucket Bay. Pain and misery all around me forever.

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: I never had a problem with the Water Temple. For me, it was the Forest Temple. It was so easy to just get going in that temple, trying to find out where to go. Once you got going it was easy, but just entering the place fills me with annoyance.
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Pike Queen
La Exorcista

Nature: Lonely
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - In Chapter 7, the part where you have to track down that General Bomb dude and are required to go to like, a million different places only for them to tell you that he JUST LEFT.

Banner made by a friend on another forum!

"What an excellent day for an exorcism."

If you play Mario Kart Wii or Brawl online, let meh know!
Old November 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
90FC3C
master trole 2013

The Sewer in Jet Set Radio Future. It's a confusing exploration level that's several stories tall and you have to go around hitting switches at hard-to-reach places. You're very likely to fall at some point in the main room; and if you do, while you can spare yourself from fall damage, it'll take you forever to get back up to where you were. Pain in the ass. The 3D map in the pause menu doesn't help either, especially if you're playing on an Xbox 360 in which all of the text on it is flickering.
Old November 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
Tiberian Sun: Firestorm, the last mission of both GDI and NOD.

Why: Cause of the friggin Core Defender which just destroys everything you have if you dont prepare properly. It was harder to kill as NOD than GDI since i never captured some GDI structures when being NOD, and i needed GDI's Disruptors badly for this battle.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 14th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Eibbor82
Nyahahaha!~

Like, every level on Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

The level in Kid Icarus: Uprising where you fight waves upon waves of enemies just to have an annoying boss battle with the Chaos Kin.

On Portal 2, that one chamber with the 2 hard light bridges coming from the ceiling, several cubes, water, and a turret at the far end of the room. So aggravating >.<

Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle Earth II expansion: the level in the campaign where you have to collect the shards of the palantiri.

Final Fantasy IX where you fight the battle against Gizamaluke. He's just so powerful at that point in the game and hits all my guys and ARRGGHH

The first few levels of Fire Emblem: Awakening playing on the harder difficulties. I'm the kind of person who will restart my system if someone dies so those first few just make me lose the will to play

In Skyrim like all of the quests where I go into dwarf ruins. No chance of dramatic dragon fights or humanoid annoyances, just stupid robots and goblins. (I know that that's not what they're called, just they resemble them well)

So many more games I could list off, but I think I shouldn't desu-nyaa~
Old November 15th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, with Pokemon Black I was up to the Desert Resort and I was all like: OH NO! Oh crap! Oh holy heck! Oh poop! Oh DAMMMMMMIT!!

Yup, and I was at the same spot for two weeks trying to get past it, and finally, I realize how much of a twit I was. I realized you don't RUN on the quick sand, you walk. *face palm* xD
Old November 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
I've only played DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu like... twice, three times maybe? When I get my Xbox back, I plan to give it another go now that I'm more accustomed to the series. That said I want nothing to do with Stage 5. Why would anyone design such a level? It's one of those things you'd have to watch or play through, I can't describe it outside of both tedious and difficult, so you're like bored and frustrated by cheesy laser wheels at the same time. The music for it is great, though.

Also, just about all of Sonic 2 is this. As is Super Mario Bros. and SMB2/USA. Eh, these would be better suited in 'games you get bored with the moment you touch them'.

Now that I think about it, Kid Chameleon is full of these levels. But in the "why did I go this route - I'm screwed" way as opposed to boredom.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old November 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Orpheus
Burn my Dread

Nature: Calm
DAMN YOU SHADEMAN!!!

*sigh* glad I got that out. I hate Shademan in Megaman battle network 4 the chaseing the random encounters the bats I HATE IT ALL

Pair

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old November 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Everytime i play sly 3 i always get stuck on the first boss i know pretty lame but hes hard (well thats the reason i dont play it anymore XD ) but i was like 10 and thats hard for me because on easy on Guitar hero is to hard then i suck XP yet kingdom hearts was easy O.O i think i need to be checked XD
Old November 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Nature: Modest
For anyone who's played Dragon Age: Origins, the Mages' Tower. Specifically, the Sloth Demon.

I... don't even know where to begin. Not only is it thrust on you completely out-of-the-blue, but is it also one of the longest segments of the game and it is also incredibly annoying. You're limited to only one party member; you have to use a gimmicky, jacked-up transformation system (sometimes mid-combat); you have limited ability use, and are most of the time restricted further to those only known by the form you've been forced to transform into; most of the area is a maze; ect. ect.

There are (multiple) mods for DA:O specifically designed to remove this entire segment of the game. That's how much the community doesn't like it.

A Gen 3 remake de-make, featuring many Gen VI mechanics
Old November 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
L.A. Noire that one interview with the raped teenage girl.
****ing lying throughout the whole interview but I couldn't figure out which evidence to show her that she was wrong. I guess overall it wasn't so bad. But god damn that girl's facial expressions really pissed me off. But I wanted to get all the questions correct so I kept restarting the interview over and over again. Forced to look at the stupid face over and over again. It was torture.
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Homura Akemi
time is f o r e v e r~

Just about every Stage 4 in every Touhou game...the difficulty just goes all the way up by the time you hit stage four :l

Apart from that, Probably Crisis City in Sonic Generations. It's hard to dodge fire streams at max speed :[

"2014 sometimes leads to even better April Fools' jokes."
VM | PM | Gensokyo | Previously | Theme | Fan Club | | | | | |
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links