The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Sometimes, we grow out of a few of our favorite video games and move onto others.

I once used to be a big fan of Battlefield. I used to play it with my dad all the time on his old Xbox. I loved how big the maps were, the range of weapons that you had access to, how you were able to get into vehicles and ride them, the variety of downloadable content that it had provided you, etc. It was extremely fun. When my friend got me into Call of Duty though, I began to adapt its fast-paced gameplay, which caused me to start liking it more than Battlefield. Eventually, I had forgotten all about Battlefield games and stopped following the franchise completely. I still would've played Battlefield, maybe, if my dad was still into it, but he doesn't play shooter games anymore. The last time he's played these kind of games was two years ago, if I remember correctly, which was a very long time. If EA decides to make some major shake-ups to Battlefield one day, and implement some CoD-like aspects to it, then I may jump back into the game. If not, then chances of me going back to Battlefield would remain quite slim. d:

Anyway, how about you? Are there any games that you used to play, but don't play anymore? What games are they? Why did you stop playing them? What forced you to lose your interest in them? Would you ever play these games again at some point in the future, if you had the chance?
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Libra
We sustain the Epsilon.

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon.
I used to play it a lot, untill something happened (long story) and my interest died out completely
I dunno if ill play them in the near future, i got tons of other games i like a lot

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Persona 3 Portable. I've played it for 6 months to know the change of events when you choose different choices. The endings, battle, concept and like you're just talking to people when choosing choices. But somehow, I already know what will happen that force me to stop playing the game. Lost interest because I already know the events and the un-lockable persona's. Because of knowing everything. I decided to play different rpg or simulation game. By any chance, I kinda miss Persona 3. So I may play it again once I feel like it.
Old October 6th, 2013, 02:11 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
The Pokemon Franchise in general.
I just haven't picked it up since and have no interest in X and Y at all. It's what I describe as a "dead franchise". That's from my point of view though.
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:08 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Guardian Heroes. I bought it expecting an in-depth Action RPG. However, I was sorely mistaken.

Bioshock. After beating it on hard, seeing all possible endings, there's really no need to play it anymore.

Minecraft. Didn't take long for creative mode to bore the crap out of me. Built an exact replica of the Empire State Building. And found nothing else to do.

and Skate 2. I enjoy skateboarding video games and this one was great. But when I bought some more, uh, distracting games. I haven't played it since.
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Pyrax
World Class Baka

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
Pokémon, oddly enough.
I enjoyed my recent playthrough of SoulSilver, but after getting access Kanto, I just lost interest in playing through it. Truth to be told, it's because I've been recently playing games with more gripping stories (and less tedious gameplay).

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
The Pokemon Franchise in general.
I just haven't picked it up since and have no interest in X and Y at all. It's what I describe as a "dead franchise". That's from my point of view though.
Hmm, Pokémon is far one would normally call a dead franchise; Megaman, on the other hand...
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
<- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
For Me it is Nintendogs, after I unlocked the space theme for my dog Johanne it became boring.
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I'd have to say Minecraft. The game just overall got boring and I lost interest. Now I rarely play it unless I go over to a friend's house. Also League of Legends. I played the game nonstop for a few months back in '09 but I'm not a big strategy buff. The game just got bring for me after a while.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM
icklebug
Champagne Supernova

Fallout 3/New Vegas I played religiously for hours and hours a day every day. But to be fair, I beat the hell out of them both. I want a new one

You can't touch music.. But music can touch you.
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
murkage
Fairy Key Chain Sweeper

Nature: Modest
So you want them to add recycled content, broken spawns and player hosting games instead of dedicated servers? No thanks
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:08 PM
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
Quote:
Originally Posted by murkage View Post
So you want them to add recycled content, broken spawns and player hosting games instead of dedicated servers? No thanks
What game are you talking about?

I would like a new Fallout as well. I beat the third one and just purchased New Vegas last week.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
Animal crossing new leaf. it got too boring after only 2 months! plus I got sick and tired of people spamming the life outta me asking "oooh give me that" "ooh help me do something". nowdays my 3ds has collected dust lol.

Pokemon as well. I still play it yes. but I feel that well gamefreak has slacked of recently. I really miss the console ones and the older main pokemon games. heck I even miss pokemon snap and pokemon channel! I haven't even got x and y yet. dont feel like wasting dough on it.
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM
pompayyy
Forever and Ever

I've really got out of Minecraft. I play from time to time, but usually for like 20 minutes. I feel it gets boring really quickly, which is strange to think since I usually have a lot of patience when it comes to games.

Publius Enigma

Old October 24th, 2013, 10:43 PM
murkage
Fairy Key Chain Sweeper

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
What game are you talking about?

I would like a new Fallout as well. I beat the third one and just purchased New Vegas last week.
sorry, i was replying to OP. I was talking about Call of Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by icklebug View Post
Fallout 3/New Vegas I played religiously for hours and hours a day every day. But to be fair, I beat the hell out of them both. I want a new one
i have over 400 hours on steam for new vegas and 200 plus for FO3

Last edited by murkage; October 24th, 2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Libra
We sustain the Epsilon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkage View Post
sorry, i was replying to OP. I was talking about Call of Duty
This game too, my god its just... blegh. MW2 was okay, World at War was the most hacked game i ever seen, and after MW2 was a huge ball of disappointment and lag. The zombies mode of Black Ops 1&2 is okaay, but other than that i never wanna play this game ever again.

Also everyone keeps inviting me to their dumb private matches >.>

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
Once it was Pokemon when I found MineCraft then I found it boring because you just hunt for stuff,build stuff,kill stuff and other things that end with stuff.

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Prototype, I played up until you meet your sister. The lack of emotion in this game is horrendous and repulsive. Seeing your sister without so much as a heartfelt "How've you been" was the last straw.
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
Minecraft. Didn't take long for creative mode to bore the crap out of me. Built an exact replica of the Empire State Building. And found nothing else to do.
I was the same way, I guess pokemon too but I actually anna buy pokemon X or Y.

And CoD I used to love that game now I cant stand it, I couldnt even finish single player on black ops 2 getting rid of it. Im just gonna stick with battlefield

Last edited by KingCharizard; October 26th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Dragon
shadows

Nature: Gentle
Well, typically the video games that I lose interest to nowadays are the ones that have almost replay value - in which if you beat the game once.. you'll probably turn it down for a really long time. For example, I don't really play some megaman games and some phoenix wright games.
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM
New Eden
(✿◠‿◠)
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Minecraft. When I got it I was able to play it for a few short bursts but then I grew bored.

Battlefield. I loved the crap out of Bad Company 2, but wasn't a big fan of 3 to the point I didn't want to pick up the franchise ever again.

Mario Kart DS. I threw hundreds upon hundreds of hours into that game. I eventually became extremely burnt out, and wished to never play it again.

Animal Crossing. The series was basically my childhood, but recently my interest has declined in favour of speedrun/competitive land.
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:25 PM
ChaoTachi

Minecraft: Repetetive. Everytime I built something, it would always be "now what"

Mario: Whole concept got boring, especially any remake they try to do with the original game. Only one I'd still play is the Paper Mario series. But the whole get coins, dodge mushrooms, go into tubes got way WAY too repetitive.
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
The_Consumer

Age Of Empires III, hard to believe I haven't played it since 2011 now.

I guess SimCity Deluxe edition too...I'll get right on it soon.
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Incinermyn
F-O-E! F-O-E! Every three days, it's another damn FOE!

Nature: Timid
I used to enjoy the Final Fantasy games for the SNES when I was a kid (and their remakes for the GBA and DS), but once the series jumped to the original Playstation, I lost all interest in it entirely. Coincidentally, I hated Sonic when I was a kid because it was Sega's thing, but when it jumped to the Gamecube (and Nintendo's platforms), I obsessed over the series badly until eventually getting turned off of it by the DS game Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (I hadn't played a game in the series or that bad since).
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Brendino

Nature: Quiet
One series that I completely lost my interest in after spending so much time on it was Mass Effect. I only have PS3, so I actually played Mass Effect 2 first, before getting the opportunity to play the original, and then replay the 2nd one again. I could honestly say I enjoyed the second playthrough more than the first just because I understood the backstory of many more of the characters at that point, and I couldn't have been more excited for the 3rd installment.

By the time I finally got it (I actually got a free copy), I had heard a lot of the negative comments about the ending of the game already, and figured I'd wait for a bit to give it a go. Now nearly a year and a half later, I've still never even touched the game, and really don't have a desire to even play it at this point.
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Ch3lz

Nature: Careful
I bought kid Iccurus uprising when it came out, I played it once (total of 3 minutes then just tossed it aside.
Bring a lefty I found the controls SO irritating, waste of money and just really dull which I was disappointed with. I've gone back to it a couple of times but still can't get into it (AND still can't work the controls easily, damnit cack handedness!)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links