Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 7th, 2013 (04:33 AM).
JesterLegacy
Random Trainer

So, what do you think of the PWT in the game? Do you do it often?

Personally, I love it. I also find it quite challenging at times (Triple Battle, World Champion / World Leaders). Although it is quite easy sometimes, but most of the World Champion battles give me a tough time (Or maybe I'm just not that good). Still, it really gives the game something challenging enough to do compared to the previous generations.

What is your opinion on it?
Old October 7th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
TrainerNico

Nature: Careful
I do it often just to get the TMs and the Hold Items.

I find it very challenging, but sometimes I find it very easy. In fact Sabrina's Alakazam always gives me trouble. I haven't beaten the Champions Tournament yet though(I'm starting to train some Pokemon properly ).

But overall, it's fun and I never get bored from doing PWT unlike Black Tower

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
In-game name:mimiLoP
Here's my 3DS FC:
3024-6176-4928
Old October 7th, 2013 (07:56 AM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
PWT is a great idea and makes for an interesting challenge, just a shame that you could easily get more BP in the Battle Subway. Still, it's nice to battle some of the older Gym Leaders, as well as the fact that PWT has a wide range of options to customize your game.
Old October 7th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
Triforce

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce
I find it quite hard actually. Though I'm glad it's challenging because I hate being able to breeze through a game.

~Triforce~

3DS Code: 2766 9107 9652
Old October 7th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I've always enjoyed battling the past generation Gym Leaders and Champions in it, especially in Triple Battles. Good stuff.

The Rental Tournaments can be interesting also, those can get frustrating at times if you don't get something good but I like them too.
Old October 7th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I really only used it to get brick break.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old October 9th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Its really freakin hard so I end up trying to play it every chance I get with different teams. I keep trying to raise different teams just to try and beat certain Gym Leaders in the PWT.
Old October 9th, 2013 (05:15 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
I love the PWT! ^-^ It's a great way to grind for BP, since you can get loads from winning (and doing well in) the Rotation and Triple tournaments. Around 10 BP for three battles? That's a great deal! But that said, it's not that easy. I played with my main-game team--whatever their natures, IVs, and EV spreads were. I'm pretty sure I never beat Misty. And although I only tried Champions once, Lance cheats.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old October 9th, 2013 (08:33 PM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by waveguidebuizel:
I love the PWT! ^-^ It's a great way to grind for BP, since you can get loads from winning (and doing well in) the Rotation and Triple tournaments. Around 10 BP for three battles? That's a great deal!
I just don't understand why GF have biased the BP earnings so that you could get more for Rotation and Triple Battles. Are these battles more unpredictable or what?
Old October 10th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
TrainerNico

Nature: Careful
Grinding up BP in PWT is kinda easy for me though, the battles are short and the BP you get depends on the total Pokemon that survived the battles. I just beat Champions tournament just yesterday, with the help of my little Wobbuffet(Cynthia's Garchomp didn't give a thing!).

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
In-game name:mimiLoP
Here's my 3DS FC:
3024-6176-4928
Old October 10th, 2013 (06:57 AM).
WhiteKnightL

Nature: Calm
PWT was frustrating for me until I started EV training more of my Pokemon. Yes, EV training can help you win the tournament but it still isn't easy. It's also become a nice testing ground to help test the results of my EV training while still being fun in just participating.

I like how they have redone the old Gym Leader songs. Except for Johto. HG/SS version will always trump BW2's version. Hoenn's helps me relax while Sinnoh's has the tendency to pump me up :D Kanto's was kinda meh.

Maylene was probably the one Gym Leader that has given me the most trouble. I've defeated them all but it's always close with her. Also, I don't need to tell you how ridiculously hard Cynthia and Lance can be.

Overall, I loved the tournament. Hopefully there'll be something similar or equally as fun in X & Y.

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive." -The Ninth Doctor

I'm a Catholic Whovian who loves to watch anime and read manga, discovering my faith while still trying to to enjoy the things I love. Feel free to PM me for questions or just to chat!

Black 2 file
Palom
FC: 3483 3007 8236
Feel free to add me to trade and/or battle! Could really use some friends in BW2!

Poetry thread (please check it out!): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310154

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307887
Old October 10th, 2013 (07:07 AM).
Xylan

I just started my game and I wanted to finish my game just for this. I don't have any good pokes or shiny ones, though. Never had one.
Old October 10th, 2013 (10:07 AM).
Juxapose

Nature: Jolly
I like the Pokemon World turnament, but I seem to lost a lot in the Gym Leader's challenge. It may be because I am not that good, but it gives me a reason to research more and make more balanced teams as opposed to a bunch of sweeping classes. I have redone and befriended many Pokemon this way. Pokemon I would otherwise never appreciate.
Old October 10th, 2013 (05:11 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Boilurn:
I just don't understand why GF have biased the BP earnings so that you could get more for Rotation and Triple Battles. Are these battles more unpredictable or what?
I assume so. Though I believe Triple Battles involve six pokémon on both sides, so that may be a factor. Both Rotation and Double Battles involve four (if I'm remembering it correctly), but I guess it's as you said - the unpredictability. I found Rotation to be easier in general, though, so that's like the only mode I play in the PWT.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old October 10th, 2013 (08:20 PM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Nature: Quiet
Considering how excited I was for it when I first heard about the PWT, I never actually entered it that often (I could probably count on one hand how many times I participated, actually). I did like the rental touraments though, since it almost reminded me of the Battle Factory from previous games.

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old October 12th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I absolutely loved the idea of Pokémon World Tournament—such a shame that it didn't make it to generation six. :( I've competed in these tournaments for approximately four to five times. My toughest opponents would have to be Wallace, Claire, and Giovanni.

Wallace had a Milotic that was very hard to beat. It had the ability to use Scald, which would cause some major damage to my and burn them as well, lowering their Attack stat by fifty-percent. It had to access to Rest and Sleep Talk, too. Rest would enable it to restore itself whenever it's in low health, and with Sleep Talk, it was able to continue attacking while it was fully asleep. Starmie was also hard, as it was able to take quite a few of my Pokémon down with Psychic. Claire—her Salamence and Garchomp would have to be the toughest. Both of these Pokémon had access to Earthquake, which were quite hard-hitting. As for Giovanni… his Hippowdon, Gliscor, and Nidoking were undoubtedly the most challenging to me. d: Hippowdon was his bulkiest Pokémon, so it took me quite a lot of hits to finally have it taken down. His Gliscor was also quite bulky. And his Nidoking was pretty fast, as it was always able to land hits on me before I even got a chance to touch it.
Old October 14th, 2013 (06:09 AM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I liked doing the Rental Battles in the PWT, but that's the only one (aside from Driftveil Tournament) that I even come close to winning often. Every time I did the Gym Leader tournaments I always seem to lose in the first round, or even second if I was lucky on the first round.

At least I did loads of Rental Battles to rack in the BP fast. They were kinda fun because that way you need to predict more.
Old October 17th, 2013 (08:33 PM).
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
PWT is quite easy to win for me, even the Champions Tournament.

I used a Choice Band Naughty Azelf with U-turn, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, a Choice Scarf Hasty Latios with Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball and a Choice Specs Serious Heatran with Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Stone Edge and Flamethrower.

I literally owned almost all of the Champions with good prediction...

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links