The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
who is your cell-phone provider? who have you had in the past?

I currently have Verizon after being with Sprint a few years
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
I'm on AT&T, and it's just the worst. But I'm still on it because my dad's job gives out a 20% discount on our bill and well...we can't leave that behind. lmao

Andrew - Hamlin - Anthony - Skipper - Sabrina - Starla
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Triforce

Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce
I'm with EE. I'm quite content with it. It's a fairly new company created via a merge between T-Mobile and Orange. Also the first company to offer 4G.

~Triforce~

3DS Code: 2766 9107 9652
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I believe mine is Sprint. Tbh, I don't know what the difference between any of them is. My 3G is always going to be bad regardless lol.
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
I'm on Vodafone on my private Phone, and on T-Mobile on my work Phone, so all I don't have is KPN, but I hate them, anyway.
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Moved to Tech and the Internet!

And Metro Piece of **** here. >>
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

Since Metro PCS is one of those more-known providers in the USA, I've decided to add it. Also, if I see more results for international carriers (such as Virgin (US/UK), Vodaphone, or Rogers (Canada)), I'll add those as well.

For me, I use AT&T's GoPhone service since I don't know a whole lot of people where I would communicate with them by phone.
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
My family had AT&T since the days of Cingular.
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:32 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush'd View Post
I believe mine is Sprint. Tbh, I don't know what the difference between any of them is. My 3G is always going to be bad regardless lol.
It's bad because its Sprint honey.

I currently use Verizon, because thats what my family is on, and what we get discounts on because of my dads job. I love their 4G and coverage, much greater than AT&T. I get 4G out in nowhere, where AT&T hardly gets 2G.
Though I might switch once I start my own life, and move to GSM because of slightly more freedom. Or stick with Verizon until they change, give it 2 years.

Old October 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
Since Metro PCS is one of those more-known providers in the USA, I've decided to add it. Also, if I see more results for international carriers (such as Virgin (US/UK), Vodaphone, or Rogers (Canada)), I'll add those as well.

For me, I use AT&T's GoPhone service since I don't know a whole lot of people where I would communicate with them by phone.
What is Metro PCS? I have never ever heard of it nor have I seen a single commercial about it. I have never seen a Metro PCS store or any phones/plans for sale by them in any major retail/electronic store such as Wal-Mart or Best Buy. I also don't personally know anyone that has them as their carrier. I'm just saying, I don't know how more-known Metro PCS really is in the USA...
However I do know some people that have Virgin Mobile. Virgin Mobile is one of the two prepaid carriers that are part of Sprint, which is contract only. The other prepaid carrier is Boost Mobile, which a few people I know have as well. I have seen commercials for both and they are for sale in major retail/electronic stores all over the country so I think VM and BM are more known compared to Metro PCS.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Last edited by pokemasta92; October 7th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I'm on Verizon. I've been on Verizon for a long time but in June 2012 I switched to Sprint and they cancelled my contract in January 2013 due to lack of coverage.

Verizon has amazing coverage but they're expensive. I get a 15% discount with work but... meh. Also, I don't like how they lock down the bootloaders of their phones but meh.
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
crystalzapdos

T-Mobile. I've always been pretty happy with them, so I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon.
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm surprised Virgin Mobile isn't on there. It's who I go with, because their prepaid plans are rather reasonable.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Starry Windy
Time to let it go
Community Supporter

I usually use Telkomsel as my cell provider because it has wide coverage, and I have been using that service for years.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old October 7th, 2013, 10:42 PM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
I have Verizon Wireless. Where I live in northern Wisconsin there are only 3 cell phone providers that work. The first one is Cellcom, which is only offered in Wisconsin, but uses other major carrier towers. However the service is still not as good and they don't have the best selection of phones. AT&T also works, but not as good as Verizon and the customer service is HORRIBLE. With Verizon I'm able to contact staff by email, phone, and even instant message through the website. The service is absolutely amazing and like I said even works where I am which is a few hours from the Canadian border. I have a contract, but even if I wanted prepay Verizon it does not work up here. Some people don't realize that prepay services offered by contract companies don't always have the exact same service and if there are busy days the contract users have priority over the prepay phones and those will be slowed down first. The price is not the best, but it's not a rip off for today, depending on what you want.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I have Verizon and I can easily say that it is by far the best cell provider that I have ever had. With the others, I cannot get any service at my house at all, but I have nearly max bars at all time with Verizon. The biggest downside is the expense as Verizon tends to be a bit more, but I guess that you get what you pay for so it is totally worth it.

"By force of will!"
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Para-Dox

I have T-Mobile, although It's actually really a part of EE with Orange. I used to be part of 3 but they didn't carry the phone I wanted (Huawei Y300). They seem to be better value than 3 so far.
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
T-Mobile here! It's okay but I don't really care for my cell phone much.. it's dead a lot of the time. Pretty sure we had Verizon before but switched over for reasons I can't recall.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old October 16th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
I use Rogers for my phone. It's a decent provider. It's fun to argue with them to get them to give us a better deal. xD

Old October 21st, 2013, 11:52 PM
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
I've been on AT&T before it was even called AT&T! I think it was previously known as Cingular Wireless... Oh well. I've been on AT&T for a while and I haven't thought once about switching. Hopefully AT&T doesn't do anything that'll tick me off, though.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem

Last edited by Nomine; October 22nd, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
My family's phones are on Sprint. It's good enough, I guess.

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old October 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Sprint, but I'm going to change my provider to AT&T when my contract is up.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:14 AM
Jay_Foxx
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay_Foxx
My cell phone service provider is Virgin Mobile, which is a subsidiary of Bell Canada. Although, admittedly, I don't use it all that often. I really don't have much use for phones. I regard them as a necessary inconvenience.

Dark-Type Safari

Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I haven't even heard of half of these. Where I live AT&T pretty much dominates the market. It's either AT&T or Verizon or some ****** Tracfone. I just follow the crowd.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Terabyte

I have AT&T for my cell service, but I rarely use my cell phone for anything these days, but for emergency calls when I'm not at home or anywhere with internet.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links