Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page Unpopular Pokémon Opinions.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old January 26th, 2014 (06:18 PM).
Team Kalos

- Gen 4 anime was the worst series ever.
- Red is overrated, all the other main characters are exactly like him in that they don't talk and they kick the E4's ass.
- Ghetsis was a stupid antagonist who ruined the plot for B/W
- Making Azumarill fairy type was the worst decision ever. Azumarill doesn't even look like a goddamn fairy.
- The Battle Frontier is stupid in my opinion and doesn't give me enough incentive to actually try it.
- Event pokemon are stupid and are just a ploy by Gamefreak and Nintendo to get money.
- Pikachu's anime cry in gen 6 is stupid, and just throws me off when Pikachu evolves into Raichu.
- Whoever decided putting visual braille in R/S/E was a good idea should feel bad.
Old January 27th, 2014 (08:31 AM).
Team Hoenn

Anime Pikachu is a BAMF, I like Team Rocket more as goofballs, Pokemon Origins was overated.
Old January 27th, 2014 (08:43 AM).
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
The fact that so many NPC quotes are downright hilarious, and I secretly think the stereotypical Fisherman with 6 Magikarps is one of the best examples of humor and the whole "Troll Freak" joke in Pokemon games.

I think that having a route with the super tall grass (like Route 119/120 in Hoenn) is really unnecessary. The only region that lacked such a route was Kanto, and I don't like how they conceal almost everything, especially trainers that you didn't know were there until they spot you and come out.

I don't like how flat Stunfisk turned out in X/Y. It really bugs me every single time I encounter one.

I think some old Pokemon's updated cries in X/Y aren't as good as they used to be. Especially ones like Raichu and Gothitelle, they aren't as great as their old cries.

Mega Stones that are available in the opposite version as their respective Pokemon, like Tyranitar/Aggron and Houndoom/Manectric. It seems wrong to be forced into trading just to get a Mega Stone for its respective Pokemon.

#teamunova

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old January 27th, 2014 (10:24 AM).
(Insert Espurr meme here)
Team Johto

Gen III is my favorite generation, and it always will be, no matter what happens. The newest one always competes for 2nd. My current lineup of favorite generations goes like this:

III, VI, V, I, II, IV. Note that I still really really like Gen I for all of its buggy glory, but Gen II (except the remakes, but I don't count those in this) was somewhat bland. I beat it with one Pokemon. Gen IV, however, was only bearable with cheats (Only game I cheat on so far).

I find that there are so few unbroken dragons that using them is pointless to me.

I prefer Mega 'Zard Y over the X 'Zard.
Old January 27th, 2014 (12:24 PM).
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by HidoranBlaze:
- Making Azumarill fairy type was the worst decision ever. Azumarill doesn't even look like a goddamn fairy.
Game Freak does a lotta **** that doesn't make sense. Why the hell is Granbull Fairy type?
Quote:
- The Battle Frontier is stupid in my opinion and doesn't give me enough incentive to actually try it.
Gotta agree with that. I prefer a non-gimmicky battle facility, like the PWT or the Battle Maison (though I wish that the Battle Subway/Maison didn't cheat).
Quote:
- Event pokemon are stupid and are just a ploy by Gamefreak and Nintendo to get money.
Event Pokémon are generally free...what are you talking about?
Quote:
Whoever decided putting visual braille in R/S/E was a good idea should feel bad.
Agreed.
Old January 27th, 2014 (02:22 PM).
とたけけ
Team Hoenn
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
Game Freak does a lotta **** that doesn't make sense. Why the hell is Granbull Fairy type?
Well, at least that one makes sense. Granbull's (and Snubbull's) species name is the Fairy Pokemon, so not making it Fairy type would've made even less sense.

Old January 28th, 2014 (09:50 PM).
Team Kalos

Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
Event Pokémon are generally free...what are you talking about?
I'm talking about when Gamefreak releases event pokemon for a limited amount of time to get people to watch the movies, buy games faster, etc (e.g. the celebi movie event). And I think that's stupid, because the people who buy the game & everything else later due to money issues, family disapproval etc. lose out.
Old January 28th, 2014 (09:57 PM).
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by HidoranBlaze:
I'm talking about when Gamefreak releases event pokemon for a limited amount of time to get people to watch the movies, buy games faster, etc (e.g. the celebi movie event). And I think that's stupid, because the people who buy the game & everything else later due to money issues, family disapproval etc. lose out.
I know how you feel, I have to miss out on every event Pokemon as well, but that's because my wi-fi can't seem to recognize my 3DS. Many wanted me to get a Blazikenite Torchic but I knew I was going to miss the event anyway.

#teamunova

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old January 28th, 2014 (10:14 PM).
I am legend
Team Kanto

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:
I know how you feel, I have to miss out on every event Pokemon as well, but that's because my wi-fi can't seem to recognize my 3DS. Many wanted me to get a Blazikenite Torchic but I knew I was going to miss the event anyway.
That's also not to mention getting one by trade, and then moping over the fact that you will always live with having that traded in, and not caught yourself. I've no problem with the events myself, but it is quite disappointing that most of these events have Pokémon virtually impossible to get on your own otherwise. Too bad that's one of the only reasons they give out these events, though.
Old February 1st, 2014 (03:51 AM).
Europe Confirmed!!!
Team Hoenn

- Gen 4 (as a whole) is the worst generation ever (that doesn't mean it's bad, just that it's bad compared to all the other ones).
- The anime stopped airing after the Orange Islands.
- New Team Plasma > old Team Plasma, because for one they dropped the whole "we're the good guys" charade and also some of the new Plasma Grunts' dialog is hilarious.
- Meowth is by far the best starter in Mystery Dungeon. Any other starter suffers from the fatal flaw of "not being Meowth".
- Talonflame is the Pokemon that should be banned to Ubers. Mega Kangaskhan is just kind of annoying.
- Garbodor looks kind of cute!

Pokemon OmegaRuby IGN: Athens , Secret Base: Route 119
(link)

Old February 2nd, 2014 (09:07 AM).
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by Kelton2:
3.Your rival (as in Blue, Silver, May/Brendan, and Barry, not as in Cheren and Bianca) should pick a starter Pokemon that yours can beat easily (I resorted to that wording because I couldn't think of a better way to say it, I mean, for example, in R/S/E if you pick Mudkip May/Brendan will have a Treecko, however in my opinion it should (have) been Torchic if you picked Mudkip, Treecko if you picked Torchic etc.) The reason? Mainly because I REALLY suck at Pokemon and am 100% unable to train anything other than my starter. Usually I can somehow manage Gym Leaders, but then your rival is a kick in the face.
But that's the idea of the rival, in fact it seems in line with the definition of the rival, someone with roughly your own abilities with whom you can grow by competing. They did that with Bianca and Shauna and people began to complain they're dead weight / game padding. I know it's your opinion and you have every right to have it and blah blah but I dunno, if people did this it wouldn't be 'rivals' anymore.

Quote originally posted by Crobatrulez20:
- Dragon-types should have been super effective against Fairy-types and not vice versa..
The whole reason the fairy type was added was to balance the Dragon type that was too broken - too many resistances, stats are way higher than they should, too little weaknesses which are easily countered, but even so, why do you think Dragons should have been effective against fairies?

Quote originally posted by Mara:
I'm not a fan of the first gen. It's the game I like the least. Didn't even beat the originals.
B/W are the worst games in the series.
Seems a bit paradoxical, don't you think?

And as for my unpopular opinions, I think the games have little if no replay value on their own. Most of the time I just replay them because I want to use a certain Pokemon or am doing a challenge. The plot is too dumb and gets old easily, there's no option to skip the tutorials - or preferably a built-in hard version.

Competitive battling is boring, I know someone said this before but I gotta repeat this, it's ****ing boring. Every team's is pretty much the same, no one is creative and it's formulaic as heck (can we use the "opposite of heaven" here or is that not allowed either?).

The new exp formula sucks, it makes grinding a terrible pain, at least they had the sense to add in the buffed Exp Share.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (03:59 PM).
Be a role model
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
The newer games are better than the older.
Pikachu should be able to surf.
There should be a mega Jigglypuff.
Muk is one of my favorite Pokemon (that's not really one).
Fairy type and especially normal type in gen 6 are op.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Old February 4th, 2014 (07:32 AM).
Team Unova

I thought of one more:
Dragon types weren't OP in Gen 5. You all just didn't know how to deal with them. =p
Old February 4th, 2014 (10:22 PM).
Team Sinnoh

-I like the design of mega gyarados, granted i don`t like it very much, its not even that good and didn`t need to exist because gyrados is already a beast.

-I like mega charizard y better then x, Mega charizard y seems like what charizard should actually look like, i like both megazards but y wins because its shaped different, X looks like a pallet swap with a few accessory's, then again i can`t fault people either way they both look similar to Regular charizard

- i like most of sinnohs evolved pokemon that come from previous gens, whats weird is that many love Weavile,Roserade, Yanmega, Electirive, Porygon z besides who cared about most of those pokemon before evolution anyways?

-Gallade fails at being male gardevoir it looks like a girl anyways, how is having big hips manly?

-More pokemon like Slurpuff would be nice.

-I don`t like psuedo-legendaries that much, i don`t hate them but few stand out, Goodra is just dragonite, Salamence is just a combo of tyranitar and dragonite, Garchomp is awesome his personalty is no different to Salamence.

-I don`t like mew clones, individually there fine as a concept.... no i used to feel much more hatred but someone did point out they all fight different in spite of identical stats, but more variance in appearance would be nice, i think Manaphy and Shaymin nailed it, similar enough ti justify being like mew, different enough so they feel less redundant
Its mostly a design thing but too many bipeds with large heads
Old February 5th, 2014 (09:52 PM).
Team Sinnoh

It seems a lot of people said this, but I also felt Generation Five felt strange. It was probably my least favorite of all the Pokemon generations.
Old February 7th, 2014 (08:27 PM).
Team Sinnoh

Quote originally posted by Shimmer Mint:
YES. I agree. I want to get into it but I find that everyone (in the higher tiers, that is) just use the same Pokemon over and over. As well as the same moves, abilities and items.

Swift Swim and Drizzle are common abilities.
Substitute and Trick Room are common moves.
Jolteon and Ferrothorn are common Pokemon.

Choice item Dragon types, anyone?

I just wish there was some way to be more creative. Granted, you gotta work with what you can...but really.
I know, right? I played a few rounds against random people. I swear, EVERY SINGLE PERSON has either Talonflame or Aegislash.

I went to Smogon for advice, and I was not as impressed as I thought I would be.
Half of the Pokemon that I know and love are just shoved aside and ignored. Why can't it just be like the anime, where we use whatever Pokemon and everyone can just do it their way? No tiers, no limits, just using Pokemon like the game was designed for.
Old February 8th, 2014 (03:59 AM). Edited February 8th, 2014 by DragonGavin.
Dragonish
Team Sinnoh

You don't need to play competitively to enjoy the game. I have never, nor will I ever battle strangers online after tedious hours of breeding and EV training. There is plenty to keep me occupied within the game already.

Also I think the name sylveon should have been kept for a steel type eeveelution.
Old February 8th, 2014 (04:17 AM).
Mission Complete✔
Team Johto

Nature: Lax
The bad guys seem to be incredibly bland in every game. They never give a challenge. I want some really hard and challenging ones where maybe even the leader is supposed to whoop you a couple times with high level Pokemon early on so you know what you're up against. Their cases aren't very convincing when you win every single time.

Old February 8th, 2014 (04:28 AM).
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by Mewquazabsol:
I know, right? I played a few rounds against random people. I swear, EVERY SINGLE PERSON has either Talonflame or Aegislash.

I went to Smogon for advice, and I was not as impressed as I thought I would be.
Half of the Pokemon that I know and love are just shoved aside and ignored. Why can't it just be like the anime, where we use whatever Pokemon and everyone can just do it their way? No tiers, no limits, just using Pokemon like the game was designed for.
Because this isn't the anime, and whether you like it or not, all pokemon are not created equal.

However, you could try battling in the lower tiers (on Showdown), if thats where most of your favorite Pokemon are.

And I have to agree, the ubiquity of Talonflame, Aegislash, and Rotom-W is a bit annoying. It's almost like rain teams last generation.
Old February 8th, 2014 (09:24 AM).
Sinnoh Veteran
Team Unova

Send a message via Skype™ to Jaystar
Quote originally posted by River Ramirez:
The bad guys seem to be incredibly bland in every game. They never give a challenge. I want some really hard and challenging ones where maybe even the leader is supposed to whoop you a couple times with high level Pokemon early on so you know what you're up against. Their cases aren't very convincing when you win every single time.
Agreed. The only bad guy I had trouble with was Ghetsis and his stupid Hydreigon.

-The gym leaders are too easy. Most of the time, I honestly have to try not to OHKO their Pokemon to make the battle more interesting...

-First gen Pokemon had the worst designs

-Lugia is overrated
Old February 8th, 2014 (03:41 PM).
Just for the love of the game.
Team Kalos

Nature: Relaxed
GSC's post game is not as good as most people make out. Sure they gave us Kanto to explore again but it was extremely lackluster (closed Safari zone, crawling with under levelled Pokemon).
Happens
Old February 10th, 2014 (07:24 PM). Edited February 10th, 2014 by Magikarp From Hell.
Team Unova

• Comparing Gens on gameplay is simply stupid in my opinion. It's quite obvious that newer games will improve on gameplay. On top of that, it doesn't mean that older versions can't be enjoyable anymore. Comparing Gens on design on the other hand is simply taste. I personally would rate the designs: 1=2=3, 6, 5=4. They all have their own awesome and awful Pokémons. Get over it.

• Celebi, Keldeo, Reshiram and Meloeta are really, really ugly.

• Magmar, Magnetron, Rhydon and Electabuzz are actuallly nice looking, while I think their evolutions are pretty odd looking.

• Klefki and Vanilite are in my opinion the lamest Pokémon when it comes to design.

• I like every Gen starters except for Gen 5 (Except the Snivy-line a bit).

• I don't like Lucario. People compare him to Mewtwo, who is so much more of a badass.
I just don't get the hype around Lucario and yes, I've seen the movie.

• I don't like Arceus. The concept of a Pokémon who created everything jut goes over the top for me.

• I don't dislike legendaries, but there are so many. It would be cooler if some were just looked at as normal pokémons, because the word 'legendary' is losing it's meaning.

• I recently started online battling and I like it. Yes, sometimes it's hard when you face someone with all overpowered Pokémons but I've shred some teams including legendaries like Mega Mewtwo with my UU&OU mixed team without any trouble. A lot of people online are unprepared or don't know what they're doing.

• Pokémon X/Y is short and quite easy indeed but so was any other game to me (except Blue where I hardly knew English). Though Shiny hunting, Breeding perfect teams, Battling online, Catching as many Pokémon are fun things to do post-game.

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Old February 12th, 2014 (08:10 PM).
Team Unova

I never bother with starters or legendaries
I think that the evil orgs are the most boring part of the games, while they are the most compelling part of the story
I do my best to use UU or NU Pokemon when I play
I always nickname my Pokemon
eh...
Old February 15th, 2014 (05:03 PM).
Team Hoenn

Mr Mime is the best pokemon out there
why does he get a lot of hate? :p

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 16th, 2014 (01:30 AM).
Team Sinnoh

Well i was gonna say that i hate Rattatta but a lot people hate that rat.

But i have to admit i don't like also Bellsprout, Jigglypuff, Clefairy and Magikarp, but i only like Magikarps evolve form Garados.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links