• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
I hatched a shiny Pumpkaboo (which is now a Gourgeist) earlier after only 10 eggs using the Masuda method! It's funny because I had just taken the mother out of the daycare because I was getting bored, but I figured I might as well hatch the last two eggs I had on me. Sure enough, the last one was the lucky one!

Here are some pics:
Spoiler:

I couldn't be happier with him, and he's currently being EV trained. :)

Naoto

Detective Kouhai
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 20, 2014
just caught a shiny trapinch in friend safari.

Sasuga dumb luck

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Never found a shiny, and after beating the game still nothing yet.
I don't think the rumor about tipping is true since I tipped 1000 every time and still nothing.
Friend safari is not helping either.
GOD DAMMIT MY LUCK IS TERRIBLE

doraemonz

Beyond 9 ~*
Years
^
I know that feel D:
Never encountered a shiny once in my whole life except for the time when my cousin accidently killed one ...

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2014
I encountered two shinies in Reflection Cave during five minutes: first a Mr. Mime and then a Solosis (which is VERY similar to the regular colored one). Luckily I managed to catch both.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
last night my brother found a shiny pinsir in the friend safari. he has Y so he's begging me to give him the pinsirite. I'll put up pics in awhile

Photo0169_zpsf034a549.jpg

Shiny Pinsir(Brothers)

Photo0170_zps7fb9051f.jpg

Shiny Carbink

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
By the sounds of it, I look forward to my complimentary shiny when I reach the friend safari. :p

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
You guys are so lucky, finding shinies right away! I'm already at Frost Cavern and I haven't found a single one. The only shiny I've ever seen in my 8 years of playing Pokemon is a Paras in HeartGold and I deleted the file that it was on without transferring it... WHY!!!

Once I beat the E4, my shiny/Pokedex hunt begins...

Years
Damn I hope I get a few shiny Pokemon on this game, only non-scripted shiny I've ever found was on Soul Silver last year, found a shiny Graveler in Victory Road or whatever and....it used self-destruct -_- I think you can all guess I wasn't the slightest bit amused.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I've played since Gen 1 and never seen a Shiny. Never hatched one, only have them from trades or the freebies in game or event. Terrible luck I say but I have a feeling this is my generation.

blue

gucci
Years
It's too unlikely for this many people to be receiving shinies, especially with the games only being out for a few days. There's a rumor flying about that giving tips to the NPC's in-game increases the chances of finding a shiny, whether this is true or not I don't know. Although it must serve some sort of purpose, and it would definitely be a worthy trade-off if true. Oh and I still haven't found a single shiny yet!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
It's too unlikely for this many people to be receiving shinies, especially with the games only being out for a few days. There's a rumor flying about that giving tips to the NPC's in-game increases the chances of finding a shiny, whether this is true or not I don't know. Although it must serve some sort of purpose, and it would definitely be a worthy trade-off if true. Oh and I still haven't found a single shiny yet!

Or just the rumor that shiny rates were decreased for the entire game. That or friend safari is a shiny haven haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
All you people are making me mad!!! but my friend traded me a shiny azurill for my flygon lol whats friend safari and when do you get to get to it?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
40+ hours and still no shiny. I've abused the Friend Safari for at least 5 of those. I don't believe there is any increase to the encounter rate at all. None of my friends who are all farther have found one either.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Yeah I've been literally running around on Route 16 looking for shiny Pumpkaboo for 20+ hours straight. Granted I found a shiny Foongus within the first hour, I feel like the latter 19 I've had more ample encounters for another shiny.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Got a shiny male combee from a wonder trade! Not that useful in battle, but still awesome

Back