Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Round Table
Reload this Page [News] PETA Strikes again...

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Round Table Have a seat at the Round Table for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Old October 11th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/10/10/peta-makes-new-pokemon-parody-thinks-nintendo-is-ridiculous-for-releasing-two-versions-of-the-same-game

Yep PETA have yet again struck nintendo and pokemon but this time along with McDonalds. It is another Pokemon Parody and it is just as bad they think using violence will make people stop using violence against animals even though PETA kills animals and treats them unjustifiably.

Your thoughts also since I am biased on this situation please read the picture below I am just putting it there since it is the truth and goes against what they "stand" for even though its a woolen thread.

Spoiler:

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old October 11th, 2013 (04:50 PM).
Travelling The Interconnected World
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Everyone knows that PETA is a joke. They are an awareness group that's in it for the shock value and attention. Nothing they preach is practiced by their membership; and nothing they preach is really sensible anyways.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; don't feed the trolls. PETA is pretty much the real world equivalent of an online concern troll. Giving them attention only strengthens them, so the best course of action is to shun them and pretend they don't exist. Because they don't really exist. It's just a front for people to get away with heinous acts and atrocities for some contrived cause. And if we give them any of our attention, we reward these actions inappropriately. So don't. Kindly ignore this thread and kindly ignore PETA with all of your efforts.

PETA does not deserve to be discussed. Their behavior is reprehensible, and should only be ignored, shunned and punished.
Supporter City Collab 2015

YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
Crystal Tier Supporter

+ S
Old October 11th, 2013 (05:07 PM).
I Am No One Else

Nature: Calm
PETA, the organization that kills thousands of pets only because they are loyal to other humans .... yeah, PETA is the most hypocritical joke of an organization ever. They don't care about animals, they only care about money and stirring up hatred. Anyone with half a brain knows they're all insane, even the supporters.

Join me on IRC, synirc.net #PokemonTactics, for friendly discussions on tactics and strategies.
Old October 11th, 2013 (08:33 PM).
my past is not today.
CS

Nature: Timid
While I know that the news here is about PETA releasing a second Pokemon parody game, it looks like the discussion is more focused on the morality and ethics behind PETA themselves rather than Pokemon, so I'm going to move this over to the Discussions & Debates section.

MOVED.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #8: The Cats Came Back

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old October 11th, 2013 (10:32 PM).

Nature: Hasty
I could care less about PETA. Everything they say is nothing but B.S. anyways. I did watch that one Penn and Teller Show that was on Showtime where they talked about PETA.

They are nothing but a Joke.
Old October 11th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Yawn, same old same old PETA. Move on pls.

inb4 RS Remakes #3.
Old October 11th, 2013 (11:21 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Well... their games are actually kinda fun for those few minutes you actually play them =)
Still... trolls are trolls =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 12th, 2013 (12:59 AM).
GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD

Nature: Bold
PeTA, koff~

I hope that they're all violated with chainsaws. The amount of shear stupidity is so massive that it game my dog a minor aneurysm, and my potted plant a heart attack. For shame PeTA. You make me want to push legislation that enables me to buy licenses to shoot you down. Mario, Assassin's Creed, Pokemon, etc. Never saw them attack Red Dead Redemption, however. That game was a wave of red death for animals and people alike. If death had a face in video games, John Marston would be it, koff~
Old October 12th, 2013 (02:15 AM).
I'm on Youtube!

Nature: Jolly
Where is the parody game where PETA rescues animals, only to kill them later because they rescued too many animals and cannot house them in proper shelter? I used to believe in PETA when I was younger, but now I just see them as a joke.
Old October 12th, 2013 (06:01 AM).
Banned

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
PETA = A failed joke

These guys don't practice what they preach, & thus have no right to make such complaints to anyone.

Makes me wonder why they haven't fallen apart yet...
Old October 12th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
PETA is a joke of an organization. Sheer amount of idiocy coming out of that hole is staggering.
Old October 12th, 2013 (08:50 AM).

Nature: Sassy
How have they not been labeled as a criminal organization yet?

Old October 12th, 2013 (08:53 AM).

I almost used to like PETA because I used to think that they were good people who wanted to stop animal abuse and hunting. Now I realize that they're all MORONS. It's been my lifelong dream to train orcas at SeaWorld, and I'm practically an orca expert as I've been studying them since I was six yeas old. They're arguments against SeaWorld and eating animals are rediculous. They're all just....stupid.
Old October 12th, 2013 (09:10 AM).
CS

I'm not in favor of killing animals so the accusation that PETA just kills a lot of animals for... money, or whatever, I don't know, bothers me. But so does the talk like all of PETA is of one mind. Lots of people in PETA probably don't believe the bad things about PETA and genuinely want to help animals and themselves don't do anything to harm animals. Maybe their idea of help isn't the same as ours, but I'm sure plenty of PETA supporters are 100% against killing animals.

Not trying to defend any bad things PETA has done, but I don't want to see someone who is sympathetic to PETA bashed unfairly. I do see sometimes PETA discussions include attacks on people who are just concerned for animals, vegetarians, and the like.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 12th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
I'm not in favor of killing animals so the accusation that PETA just kills a lot of animals for... money, or whatever, I don't know, bothers me. But so does the talk like all of PETA is of one mind. Lots of people in PETA probably don't believe the bad things about PETA and genuinely want to help animals and themselves don't do anything to harm animals. Maybe their idea of help isn't the same as ours, but I'm sure plenty of PETA supporters are 100% against killing animals.

Not trying to defend any bad things PETA has done, but I don't want to see someone who is sympathetic to PETA bashed unfairly. I do see sometimes PETA discussions include attacks on people who are just concerned for animals, vegetarians, and the like.
For an organization that is relatively "out there" in terms of the public discourse, its supporters should know better of their policies and their actions. The fact that so many people remain unaware should pay testament to general superficiality of "building awareness" and the mass viral techniques they use. They should all be condemned for being part of the show. One could say they didn't know better, but that's the very problem at heart. It's easy to put on a sticker or a badge or say a catchy slogan or appeal to emotion impulses without reason or slap a pair of tits across the face of animal welfare and ethics. It's easy to feel like being a part of a group that yells loudly for what seems to be a good cause, to be part of the show. Their methods do not inspire further thinking as anything involving ethics should. It's advertising, not activism. It's cheap.
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old October 12th, 2013 (04:20 PM).
Princess of the Law

Nature: Quiet
Let's be perfectly clear: Peta is NOT an awareness group. It is just as radical as the Westboro Baptist Church; instead of portraying a logical and reasonable message, they attack everything and everyone with the six-year-old minset of "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I'M IN THE NEWS AGAIN! EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!".

Anyone who has ever played a Pokemon game knows that the messages these games sends to its players is not one of abuse and control but friendship and cooperation. To say that books, movies and video games should be protested against because they MIGHT portray some time of animal cruelty is ridiculous and idiotic.
Old October 12th, 2013 (05:30 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Why hasn't Nintendo and GF sued them yet after making another Pokémon flash game? I just want to see PETA at least be punished for their behavior/misdeed.

Quote:

I have a feeling that those who do believe in PETA's ideals, both its members and its supporters, may be unaware of the organization's true ambitions, kind of like how Ghetsis manipulated N for his own dirty deeds.
Old October 12th, 2013 (05:51 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
I have a feeling that those who do believe in PETA's ideals, both its members and its supporters, may be unaware of the organization's true ambitions, kind of like how Ghetsis manipulated N for his own dirty deeds.
Very good way of putting it :D Although things like freedom of speech get in the way and all... also I don't think many of the supporters really care, frankly.
#363 Spheal
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old October 12th, 2013 (06:01 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Why hasn't Nintendo and GF sued them yet after making another Pokémon flash game? I just want to see PETA at least be punished for their behavior/misdeed.
It's some sort of loophole they're exploiting, I think someone pointed it out when this "Black and blue" game came along but I don't really remember.

But either way I think it's a huge waste of programming talent to make these games for this garbage of an organization (borderline cult, actually), because aside from their inane agenda, they are actually good, maybe even fun games to play. Such a shame.
Old October 12th, 2013 (06:30 PM). Edited October 12th, 2013 by KittenKoder.
I Am No One Else

Quote originally posted by Scarf:

That is actually called a scam, what you described here. That doesn't make it any better, nor does it place those misguided people who don't know of PETA's extremely unethical behavior in a better light. At best they are naive and only enforce the stereotype that consumers and supporters are generally idiots.

This is why stupid interest groups always have the power to enact laws that damage everything more than help, because people generally give their money to something that "sounds good" to them without ever actually considering where it goes, what that group does, and who is running it, much less what the group wants to do. Yes, bashing those who are stupid enough to side with known terrorists just because they're too stupid to learn a thing or two should be encouraged.

Quote originally posted by Rezilia:
How have they not been labeled as a criminal organization yet?
Actually, they have, they just avoid breaking any laws directly. The US government law enforcement agencies do discourage people from giving PETA money, but you know conspiracy nuts, they're .... well ... nuts.

Join me on IRC, synirc.net #PokemonTactics, for friendly discussions on tactics and strategies.
Old October 12th, 2013 (07:11 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Quote:
"Propaganda must always address itself to the broad masses of the people. (...) All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed. (...) The art of propaganda consists precisely in being able to awaken the imagination of the public through an appeal to their feelings, in finding the appropriate psychological form that will arrest the attention and appeal to the hearts of the national masses. The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another. (...) The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning. This sentiment, however, is not complex, but simple and consistent. It is not highly differentiated, but has only the negative and positive notions of love and hatred, right and wrong, truth and falsehood."

"Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side. (...) The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. (...) Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."
Some quotations from a master of propaganda. It looks like PETA knows what they're doing.
#363 Spheal
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old October 13th, 2013 (05:22 AM).

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I saw a study proving that dogs have a similar if not identical emotional intelligence as humans. Soon we'll be re-visiting what makes something human and organisations like PETA will be labelled terrorists as well. I'm not concerned, science to the rescue!
Old October 13th, 2013 (01:40 PM).
GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD

Nature: Bold
Hm, koff~

Why can't all the mass shooting sprees happen within the PeTA buildings? That way people would cease to complain about all the violence. Somebody has to smack them in the face physically. . .

Also, I think they have broken a few laws regarding their parody. Laws state that parodies are fine and dandy, but the use of licensed characters and personalities are not (Pikachu). If Nintendo did indeed wish to sue, I'm sure they'd have grounds for it. Who knows, maybe it's underway right now, or maybe Nintendo wants them to continue for at least a couple of years, then just sweep them clean for numerous violations, koffi~
Old October 13th, 2013 (11:43 PM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by CoffeeDrink:
Hm, koff~

Why can't all the mass shooting sprees happen within the PeTA buildings? That way people would cease to complain about all the violence. Somebody has to smack them in the face physically. . .

Also, I think they have broken a few laws regarding their parody. Laws state that parodies are fine and dandy, but the use of licensed characters and personalities are not (Pikachu). If Nintendo did indeed wish to sue, I'm sure they'd have grounds for it. Who knows, maybe it's underway right now, or maybe Nintendo wants them to continue for at least a couple of years, then just sweep them clean for numerous violations, koffi~
I guess that would work since legal fees cost quite a bit nowadays suing them for a few million dollars or even more wouldn't be that bad. I can see them actually suing PeTA because well they are doing illegal things by using copyrighted and trademarked individuals like Pikachu and Mcdonalds as stars for their parodies that well is getting people on their side that has one light bulb in the middle and they're claiming to be the good guys... I though don't understand why someone hasnt gone in there and sued them for the way they treat animals and such I had a link to images and descriptions of what happens in their facilities it is disgusting and yeah honestly a shooting of sorts should happen to the idiots who run the place and who call the shots

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old October 14th, 2013 (12:02 AM).
For Money
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
PETA hates it when people kill animals. Well, not really. They just hate the competition.

Come play Runescape
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links