The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices

Community Questions & Feedback Your one-stop shop for all things related to PokéCommunity. Tell the community leaders they suck how wonderful they're doing, ask for help with a certain feature or where to post something... that kind of thing.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
Dante
Silver Soul

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dante
I don't get it, Rozu. How can all of them look like perfect dolls to you? Not a single one of them is perfect or is emulating some ideal mod personality. I think the problem lies in you not trying to get to know them. And, believe me when I say this, but those guys don't shy away from opportunities to make new friends. They're sweet. And all of them WILL look different once you know them. You can't mistake a Mac for a Alexial. One is a perv (you remember us being the resident perv buddies, right mac? :p) while the other is the most adorable person ever (yeah, im biased. She's mah best friend. Watchagon'do, huh?!). Nor will you ever mistake someone like Vertigo for Cirno. Because, even though they're both holy crap sweet, they're just...too different. And everyone's approach is different too. I never handed out a single yellow or red card in my six months of being staff. There are those that probably banned 10-15 members in the same time frame. See what I'm saying? All of them do things differently.

Also, you don't need to apologize! I'm sure none of the staffies want that! ;___;
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
ProjectMisfit
The fear of falling apart

Nature: Quiet
I've talked to most of the mods like I'd talk to anyone else, and I LOOOOOOOVE them. Some of them are so nice/sweet, dasndkjasndkjansdkjand <3
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:02 AM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea

Nature: Relaxed
I didn't talk to every staff member, but I suppose they're all quite the same if it comes to friendliness (if that's a word. If not, just pretend it is). They're very social, and they're not like the usual staff teams, copy-pasting the same automatic messages to everybody asking them something. They actually talk back, and they don't seem to feel better than the normal members, which is a huge asset in my opinion
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:19 AM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMisfit View Post
I've talked to most of the mods like I'd talk to anyone else, and I LOOOOOOOVE them. Some of them are so nice/sweet, dasndkjasndkjansdkjand <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Alpha View Post
I didn't talk to every staff member, but I suppose they're all quite the same if it comes to friendliness (if that's a word. If not, just pretend it is). They're very social, and they're not like the usual staff teams, copy-pasting the same automatic messages to everybody asking them something. They actually talk back, and they don't seem to feel better than the normal members, which is a huge asset in my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
I don't get it, Rozu. How can all of them look like perfect dolls to you? Not a single one of them is perfect or is emulating some ideal mod personality. I think the problem lies in you not trying to get to know them. And, believe me when I say this, but those guys don't shy away from opportunities to make new friends. They're sweet. And all of them WILL look different once you know them. You can't mistake a Mac for a Alexial. One is a perv (you remember us being the resident perv buddies, right mac? :p) while the other is the most adorable person ever (yeah, im biased. She's mah best friend. Watchagon'do, huh?!). Nor will you ever mistake someone like Vertigo for Cirno. Because, even though they're both holy crap sweet, they're just...too different. And everyone's approach is different too. I never handed out a single yellow or red card in my six months of being staff. There are those that probably banned 10-15 members in the same time frame. See what I'm saying? All of them do things differently.

Also, you don't need to apologize! I'm sure none of the staffies want that! ;___;
I agree with these guys, I've interacted with almost everyone on the current staff team at some point and there are some I talk to more often than others but based on my experience they all have something that makes them stand out from each other and not make them all carbon copies of each other.

That's what I love about this forum, the staff do more than just give orders. They actually take time to interact with the regular members and that's what makes such a friendly community.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
All I can suggest for now to members is to not look at a staff member as an intimidating user here. Sure it may seem intimidating, because we're staff, and most forums have staff that are intimidating. But here at PC, it should be fine to approach any level staff member in the same exact manner that you would approach a normal user with. If they don't respond or interact with you at all, then it may just be them, but I can at least guarantee that if you got to know one person on staff, such as myself or any other moderator, or maybe a super moderator, or even a staff administrator, they would be friendly and nice with you.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Griffinbane
FEAR THE PILOSWINE

Nature: Lax
TBH guys, somehow I doubt this really has much to do with you as it does with her and higher ranking people in identical uniforms in general. And- well, nevermind.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

This isn't a witch hunt thread, let's get back to individual feedback. People are entitled to their opinion, but let's be civil.

Moderator of The RPC

PokéLINK

Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Some people have a predisposition of authority is all. Staff are lovely though, you just need to take the time and just chat with them one-on-one and remember that it's best not to generalize and think instead we are all just people from different places gathering here on a forum who love this site :3

Last edited by Kura; November 3rd, 2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Some people have a predisposition of authority is all. Staff are lovely though, you just need to take the time and just chat with them one-on-one and remember that it's best not to generalize and think instead we are all just people from different places gathering here on a forum who love this site :3

I love this post so much and it describes things perfectly. I was a bit intimidated and I didn't want anything to do with staff members when I first joined. Then, a few reached out to me and started making me feel welcomed that I eventually started to talking and conversing with nearly every staff member here. I realized that staff are among the friendliest people here because it is our job to run and make sure the community is a friendly and properly functioning place.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Solace
simon ferocious

Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Sometimes I feel like the astounding amount of matching username colors can be a little off-putting, especially with the seemingly high color:non-color ratio (as we found, that ratio is actually around 1:575, so it's not actually that large!). I just encourage, though I cannot explicitly force, anyone and everyone to not be afraid of a username with color because not only are all of the staff members willing to communicate in a friendly manner, we were all members at one time and had that predisposition toward authority that Kura speaks of. It's something we have to get over and hopefully everyone can work together with staff become comfortable with staff.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Link
Rupee Moderator

Something I've always said, and I will stick by it: a normal member with no extra powers or responsibilities has the same potential to change something on this forum, as an Administrator does. Sounds weird? Well it's true. No matter where you post suggestion, it has to go through an approval stage, no matter what. If a member suggests something that they hope changes, or improves, there's no reason why that won't happen. The only difference is, where the suggestion is posted. Just because a staff member has a different usergroup, does not mean that their influence on PC has any course to be greater than someone who isn't a staff member.

I'm aware I'll get a lot of cynics imploring general human instincts who will say that "no, we're not equal." It's so easy to say that "authoritative figures" have so much more opportunities, and that people will listen to them more simply because of their colour, that is simply not true. This forum was built around user suggestion and feedback, it's also why this forum exists.

Due to that logic, that members and staff members have the same potential, I believe that we're all equal here. Sure, some people have more permissions and responsibilities than others, but we each have the potential to change things for the positive on this forum. I don't see having extra permissions as being an upper hand, nor does it make me feel above anyone. Simply because I know that having permissions doesn't make me any better of a person. As a staff member I was given those permissions because I was suited to the job at hand, but I'm terrible at being an approachable, active, and all-round member like I felt I used to be. Being a staff member often requires a particular skill set. Regardless, we're all on a path on PC, not on a ladder. We're not here to get to the top of anything, and when we do reach the end of this path, we've left our time at PC behind. So the point is to enjoy the journey, and not assume that because someone has a different colour username, or more permissions, or a larger avatar, that they're any more important that you, because they're not.

This is a community of equal opportunities, and when I look at what we've accomplished as both members, and staff members, I'm extremely impressed and can honestly see why PokéCommunity is a success. The staff team do an amazing job, simply because they have one of the best user bases I could possibly imagine behind them.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Khrysta

I'm the meanest meany in all of meandom. If ya know what I mean~

Just sayin. Rest of staff is nice.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMisfit View Post
So I heard you are from Meandom. I'm from Meandom too! :3
This is an excellent opportunity for you to get to know XanderO better by VMing with him instead of chatting with him in this feedback thread ;)

somebody called for the Doctor?
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis
- Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers -

Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
Airhead
Banned

Okay, I'll try.... they're all in their twenties though and it makes them ultra scary and... old. xD But yeah, I'll give it a shot. And for safety reasons, don't bring up Miley Cyrus, Cloud Strife or anything to do with FFVII, y'hear? c:<
Old November 7th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Charcoal92

Nature: Careful
Well is both kinds of feedback aloud?

Okay, I feel that the moderators need to be more understanding to new members. I have only met one Moderator (Cinro) who is fair and kind. I don't really feel safe talking to most of them. It is just that I'm afraid they might ban me or something. It is just that they need to help out more and not look down apon us. Not being mean.
Old November 7th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
I'm confident that our moderators are quite good at working with members. There'll be times people will have their disagreements, and otherwise, times when moderators reach out and try to get to know people.

If you're going to state that the moderators aren't understanding to new members, then you're going to have to provide some solid ground for that. We have stated how members get banned in the Rules, so read up on that; that way, you'll know when you need to pick up. You are not banned for no reason, let alone banned lightly. And if you need help, I'm sure any member, moderator or not, will lend out a hand.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHoundoom92 View Post
It is just that they need to help out more and not look down apon us. Not being mean.
This is what bothered me the most. If you've only spoken to Cirno yet, how can you know they dont help out enough, and are looking down upon the others? I spoke with multiple staff members so far, and none of them were looking down upon me and they helped me out with everything I needed. So as Hiroshi said please give some arguments for this.
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Dakota
she's singing to me

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
You have to make an attempt to reach out to the moderators, if you want to know them, just saying. Realize that there are around 50(?) of us, but well over thousands of members. Cirno prides herself in welcoming new users, as that's the position she takes, but the rest of us don't have the time to go to every single new user and make them feel welcome. If you yourself don't take a step to at least conversate with other staff, then you can't really say that we're being superior to you, which we are not.

And to reiterate what Hiroshi said, one does not get banned for no reason. Simply read the rules, and follow the rules. Do that, and you'll be shining brighter than a diamond.
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
You have to make an attempt to reach out to the moderators, if you want to know them, just saying. Realize that there are around 50(?) of us, but well over thousands of members. Cirno prides herself in welcoming new users, as that's the position she takes, but the rest of us don't have the time to go to every single new user and make them feel welcome. If you yourself don't take a step to at least conversate with other staff, then you can't really say that we're being superior to you, which we are not.

And to reiterate what Hiroshi said, one does not get banned for no reason. Simply read the rules, and follow the rules. Do that, and you'll be shining brighter than a diamond.
See, listen to Dipu. He knows his stuff.

But yes, Hiroshi does have a point, a member doesn't get banned for no reason. There's usually always a reason behind one's banning. We have rules like every other forum, but ours are actually quite easy to read and once you read them over and over you'll get familiar with them over time like I did. I used to not be very aware of the rules and often made mistakes, but now I'm very aware of the rules so much I now end up reporting rule-breakers which is a massive change from two years ago when I used to be a silly noob.

Cirno for example, loves helping new users out since that's part of what her section (The Welcome Lounge) involves, and I've even been getting active there in recent months and showing newbies around. I know that not every mod has the time to welcome newbies due to their jobs and all, but as many have said you should take time and talk with the staff individually and get to know them all, and then you'll notice they aren't trying to be "superior" to you at all. In fact, they turn out to be nicer than you think! I used to think mods were power-abusing me and I thought they were always trying to chase me out, but as time went by I took time to interact with them and now I see them differently then I did back then. Plus, I have a good chunk of them on my friends list as well so that's explaining how nice they are.

Remember, as wise Dipu said there, follow rules and you will eventually get past that noob state just like I did myself.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old November 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Doctor
Allons-y!

Nature: Naive
Quote:

Okay, I feel that the moderators need to be more understanding to new members. I have only met one Moderator (Cinro) who is fair and kind. I don't really feel safe talking to most of them. It is just that I'm afraid they might ban me or something. It is just that they need to help out more and not look down apon us. Not being mean.
I'm sorry that you feel that way. We will keep trying to act like the regular people we are and not seem like police or high and mighty something, and I hope most members, and you, will think better of us soon! :) the blue username is just so that members who need help can find us easily, so it's a pity if that's part of what's putting you off. If it's rather actual bad behavior you have seen, example would be nice yes so we can know how to not act in the future to make members feel better.

somebody called for the Doctor?
Auspistice | Matesprit | Moirail | Kismesis
- Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers -

Old November 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
Quote:

Listen, I know that the forums are a bit intimidating for new users because I felt the same was when I first joined. I was afraid to talk to moderators because I thought that I would say something stupid or get myself banned. However, a few staff members started talking to me and welcoming me to the forums which made me feel accepted and I had the feeling of wanting to be here. The quicker that you realize a bold and colorful name means nothing in the terms of how friendly a member is or how much they accept you the happier you will be. As others have said, not all staff members are going to go up to each and every new member and greet them. This isn't because we don't want to meet and greet new members, but it is impossible to do this to everyone who joins. Just post around a lot, spark up random conversations with everyone regardless of the rank and before you know it, you will have forgotten that you ever feared moderators in the first place! Just remember we are here to help you and make you feel comfortable. We are NOT here to ban you or make you not want to be a part of this wonderful community. Also, if you ever want to have a conversation my VMs are always available and I would love to get to know you :D

Old November 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Dragon

Sorry you feel that way sport, but, I really do hope that you'll reconsider and try to get to know the rest of us better? Cirno is a really nice person, but you'll pretty much find equally nice people on staff too, like good ol' Michonne-kun, and even Adventure-san and Vertigo-kun above me, and I hope that you'll understand that we do not support the idea of looking down on members on anyway - in fact, I haven't met a staff member here who would do such a thing. We do also gladly accept new members, in fact, it's part of our creed to help new members in any shape or form that we can! I, personally, not only as a staff member, but as a typical member honestly want to know you better because, maybe we have some things in common. :3
Old November 7th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Terabyte

Quote:

It's okay, we're all here to be friendly. Sure we might seem a little strict when we put our moderating caps on, but believe me, the thing we hate doing here the most is having to either ban a member, issue a warning/infraction, or even lock a thread.

As the other staff members who have posted here suggested, you should really get to know them as a member before you judge how they are. And it's a good thing you started with Cirno because she's one of the nicest, if not the nicest and most sweet person you'll get to know here on staff. But everyone here on staff is just as sweet and kind as her if you get to know them.

Just leave some of us a VM, even if it's a simple "hello, how are you doing?" VM! :) You'll get to know us if you converse with us more, so please do not look at us as almighty members simply because we have extra powers. If you see a moderator that's intimidating to you, just talk with someone on h-staff and they'll see what's up.
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
I like how the staff are right now. They're approachable, and they're kind and are always willing to chat and help when needed. All that I really seem to find is that the moderators post a lot, as soon as you hit the S-Mod and higher ranks, I don't see them posting a whole lot, sans Livewire. I'm not sure if it's because they're busy, or what it is, it's just something I've noticed over the last few years here.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old November 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Dante
Silver Soul

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dante
^ that's actually quite true. Except that there are a few others like Blade and Wentos that actually post a lot in various sections whenever they're not held up by life. I do agree that some of their activity can see some increment, yeah.

Though, to be perfectly fair, I understand their side as well. Being in a position where they have certain privileges might make it seem as if they're supposed to go that extra mile and post more than an average member and be more known around the forums (ie show their faces everywhere). But, at the end of the day, they're just members too. And I'm sure most members don't even post in all sections. They stick to whichever place their interests lie in. Can't expect hstaff people to post everywhere just because they are hstaff. For example, for the longest time, I thought Hiroshi Sotomura just vanished from the face of PC. But then I wandered into the pokemon games sections and saw that, yeah, he did not. It might just be a case of mismatch of your and that specific staff member's section of preference. Or they're just plain busy. Like I know Blade, Fabio, Wentos and a few more are. Generally.

IF some of them are not posting cuz they're lazy...I don't blame them then, either. I'm pretty lazy so I understand, lol.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links